Author Topic: Motivation to exercise  (Read 30817 times)

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Motivation to exercise
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2017, 10:29:57 pm »
Be much more physically stronger so I can beat up all the ladies who flirt with my husband.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

felicityhope

• Probationary
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2017, 10:37:37 am »
^ i like that motivation! :)

current motivations:
-upcoming family reunion in 3 months / attending a wedding
-i'm having chest pains lately so, yeah, for cleaner bill of health
-trying to conceive baby number 2 :)

Serena.

• Curious
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • The Variation makes me tick!
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2017, 09:37:56 pm »
My ticket to Boracay this summer season! :) Dinikit ko talaga sa ref namin haha
Exploring life and learning brand new things every single day..

{Ms. Minchin}

shinies

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2017, 11:42:27 am »
Health talaga!! Grabe kahirap haha

timetraveller

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2017, 08:26:50 pm »
I used to be on the chubbier side, too... just April last year (2016) I weighed around 53-54kg and that's the fattest state I have ever been to, considering my height that is only 5 feet flat. I had a bulging belly, big arms and thighs, and a double chin.

What really motivated me to exercise and to shed the extra weight is new lovelife... HAHAHA! ;D seryoso mga sis.

I started losing weight May of 2016, in more or less three weeks I was at the 50kg point. I was able to wear body-hugging clothes and crop tops. I also looked and felt prettier... dami rin nagsabi lumabas 'yung nagtagong ganda ko mula nung pumayat ako hahahahahahaha. Since I lost weight, I have received compliments that I am blooming, na nagmukha raw ako dalaga and my aura was brighter.

People's comments and my recent pictures are what motivate me to not binge eat and exercise. Oo, totoong hindi mo dapat masyadong dinidibdib ang sasabihin ng iba. Pero aminin man natin o hindi, masarap sa feeling 'yung maganda ang sinasabi ng ibang tao sa'yo. Aminin man natin o hindi, ang sakit masabihan ng "uy ang taba mo", "uy ang lapad mo", "konti na lang para ka nang balyena", etc. etc.

Kapag gusto kong mag-indulge nanaman sa pagkain particularly SWEETS (eto kahinaan ko dati... cake, leche flan, ice cream!) tinitignan ko lang 'yung mga pictures ko dati. Oo nga, ang laki ng pisngi ko noon and para akong naiwan sa kusina ;D

It's a matter of whether you really like to achieve your desired body to the point of disciplining yourself.

yonamarie

• GirlTalker
  • Young|Frustrated RN|Mother to Sam
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2017, 01:18:32 pm »
I haven't bring back my pre pregnancy body.
Before, nagffluctuate lang yun weight ko, like i lose 3-5 kgs tapos after a month babalik siya.
I am worried since, almost 5 na yung son ko (tipong pwede nang sundan)

I do exercise if I have time. pero di na talaga katulad dati.
Like before I jog or kahit magexercise for 30mins sa bahay.
Ngayon parang wala akong motivation, as in tamad lang.

Pag gusto ko lang or pag naisip kong magexercise yun lang.
Help me :(

blushberry

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2017, 07:14:38 pm »
I have just a few more pounds to lose and it has been such a struggle to get rid of it for as long as I can remember :(  I felt more motivated when my husband cheated on me.  It was a wake up call to get back in shape and be more confident about myself. 

Sorry for being nega about it.  But I'm exercising everyday now. 
Vulgarity begins when imagination succumbs to the explicit.

joeygurrl19

« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2017, 03:17:58 pm »
heartbreak. lol :) syempre i want to improve on how i look and feel good at the same time. :)

cheezecake

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2017, 10:06:28 pm »
back to workout ako. I hopr i will get the same motivationgaya ng dati. Used to be a gym addict

DeathToMondays

• GirlTalker
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2017, 05:44:19 pm »
To outrun the cops when needed. LOL

cheezecake

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2017, 11:39:29 pm »
seeing my weight going down each week motivates me

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2017, 10:50:49 am »
Spartan Race in 81 days :)

kellygrin

• Probationary
« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2017, 03:12:02 pm »
My trainer helpe me a lot. I started to go to the gym only a few weeks ago, but I already see the first results! That's the best motivator for me

hushush

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2017, 05:15:07 am »
Kapag insomniac ako due to IF napipilitan ako magworkout in the wee of hours para mapagod at makatulog..buti na lang may sarili ako equipment..pero antaas pa rin ng energy ko.. :(

kccllj

• GirlTalker
« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2017, 01:33:20 pm »
Just wanna be fit and healthy plus wedding on April. Yay!

Absant

« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2017, 11:05:25 pm »
Hi girls! Pasali sa naman dito. Tagal ko na kasi gusto mag excercise ulit pero wala ako motivation. Last time I exercised was 3 weeks ago. That time I was literally exercising for almost everyday for 2 weeks. As in kahit masakit na katawan ko go parin! I was in states that time. Weighing 59kg. Grabe kasi Tita ko sobra sobra kumain. Kahit diabetic na, wala parin discipline sa kakakain. Ako pa masama Pag Hindi ko siya sinabayan :(

Anyway, I made my own excuses to skip meals plus excercise there until I lost 4.5 kilos. It's a big progress na but I wanted more since I'm still far from my goal weight. My workout regimen was only the basic body weight workouts like push-ups, leg lifts, sit ups ganun. I did see an increase with my strength with push ups. At first I struggled with 3, and then I was doing 3 sets of 10. It's basically me gaining back my old strength naman so Hindi siya new progress. I stopped working out when I arrived here in the Philippines and I just can't seem to get up to work! Kanina I said I'll work out, and now I'm saying tomorrow. Haaaay! Nasanay Siguro ako sa malamamig mag work out kaya tinatamad na ako dito.

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2017, 09:25:48 am »
^ It is indeed very difficult to start working out again after stopping. But remember that it takes 21 days to form a habit. So just tell yourself to keep going for 21 days. After that, it will come naturally. For now, use every bit of resource you have access to to stay motivated -- sign up for IG or Tumblr and follow people who are into fitness, listen to motivational speeches on Spotify or YouTube, workout with friends who will push you to stick to your program.

Whenever I don't feel like working out early in the morning, I force myself to get up before my brain can start talking me out of it. I tell myself, "Get up before you realize what you're doing." It works... usually. :)

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

• Super GirlTalker
  • Live and let live. Love and let love.
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2017, 02:36:21 pm »
I guess at the end of the day, motivation to exercise and switching to a better lifestyle and eating habits must be because of our over all health (physical, mental, emotional and later on spiritual).

Ang cliche pakinggan pero if we ditched the "diet" and occasional work outs whenever we feel that we are gaining weight, or if bikini season is fast approaching, tendency after that moment, babalik at babalik din tayo sa dati nating gawi.

I am still a work in progress, but after watching tons of videos, reading blogs, stalking fitspirations all day, parang yun lang naman common denominator ng lahat,  change your mindset, change your lifestyle, gawing permanente yung healthy habits. Whenever I work out or eat well, I feel good and think good.

You dont have to starve nor kill yourself with workouts. Just love you body enough to nourish it better, love yourself enough by taking care of it.

Sabi nga ni Kelli sa Fitness Blender, we can't abuse our body and expect anything good to come out of it.  I have been binging for almost a year, purging the day after, work out,  eat again, and then diet again. Vicious cycle that's doing more harm than good in my body. I intend to put a stop to this cycle, not proud of it, but I'm happy that I'm back on track.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:43:08 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

rs8toforever

• GirlTalker
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2017, 07:46:52 pm »
- wedding in 363 days! hahahaha! marami-rami ang tatanggalin kaya kelangan umpisahan ng maaga.
- i become grumpy kapag di ako napapawisan, kaya kelangan ko talaga magwork out, else, kawawa naman mga officemates ko at fiance ko. hahaha
- health reasons :) my family has always been on the heavy side at may history kami ng hypertension at diabetes. if i stop working out, for sure magkakaron ako ng mga sakit na yun

amethyst028

• Senior GirlTalker
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2017, 07:37:57 am »
Among the many benefits of exercise my motivations are:

-to tone my body, build muscles to increase my metabolism
- sweating is good for the skin
- to lift my mood
- mas higher self esteem/ self worth
- more energy throughout the day
- exercise is also good for the brain