Author Topic: MID range wedding gown designers  (Read 200067 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #280 on: February 01, 2016, 07:38:29 pm »
briskybear: hmmm she also did my cousin's entourage who my sister was a part of. With my sister 1 fitting OK na!!  So I guess it really depends.

I have to admit though. I asked her kasi to copy this gown made by a local designer. Perhaps she doesn't know how to do that particular style and so they can't get the fit right. Although the gown isn't complicated it is just powerknit with ruching.

Last time I fit, she said was saying that maybe I gained weight. Haha maybe but no eh... malala the fit of the gown. And I fit into my old gowns which means I cant have gained THAT much weight.

I am just posting this here not to put her down because she is so so so nice naman and will keep trying her best to fix it. Just posting this here so that those who got her can really make time and tell their entourage to be diligent in going to fittings. She will get it right eventually.

biskybear

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #281 on: February 01, 2016, 08:37:22 pm »
I completely understand and I super appreciate you sharing your experience. At least I know na what to do during fittings.

Making mistakes naman and being called out for it is part of the learning process talaga, sana lang di gaanong malaki yung casualty kasi pag tuloy-tuloy it'll eventually catch up on her. Kaya dapat she steps it up rin.

msGlobalista

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #282 on: February 01, 2016, 09:28:58 pm »
I'm sorry to say this girls but sometimes you have to be considerate also of the designers. Not all the time perfect dapat yung result unless you paid for quality. Then hire for other designers who does well not an amateur. If so so then expect so so din result :)




Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #283 on: February 01, 2016, 09:47:53 pm »
msGlobalista: My gown doesnt fit at all period. It wont zip up pero maluwag in the front and sides! Its not that I am being a perfectionist. I ordered that gown for a wedding in December till now di pa ayos. And it was such a pain going to all those fittings only for me to buy off the rack for even the wedding last week kasi nga Ive kinda lost hope already in having the gown fixed. But my mom told me to go back because it is unfair for me to have paid for a gown I cannot wear.

msGlobalista

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #284 on: February 01, 2016, 11:11:19 pm »
Just address it to your designer because most of my friends are from the fashion industry. They're really trying their best but all you have to do is tell them and they'll fix it if they're really professional. So maybe lesson learned also. Good luck with the dress hoping it would be fix dear

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #285 on: February 01, 2016, 11:13:35 pm »
Thanks msGlobalista: I'm sure she will fix it. She is super duper nice naman and tries her best to please =) Thanks for the tip

nina_roxas

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #286 on: February 02, 2016, 04:45:20 pm »
We just paid Haydee Garcia of haydeegarciadesign (Instagram/Facebook/Tumblr) our deposit.

Here are my reasons for booking her:
1. She's in quezon city!
Her boutique is at Road 1, near Visayas Avenue. Its a very convenient location for me, since I live nearby. She is open on Saturdays but I suggest going there on a weekday so she can focus on you.

2. She's very nice
I have this intuition on people based on first impressions. I can feel if I'm going to have any sort of problem with a certain person or not. I did not get that feeling with her. :) Ang gaan ng loob ko sa kanya, which, according to my boyfriend and bestfriend, is very hard for me to find in a supplier.

3. She did not impose anything
I went to several other designers who had so much input on my future gown, some of which are unwelcome. Some do not respect the opinion of the bride and insists on which is bagay, sometimes sounding as a sick marketing ploy to get their premium. Anyhoo, Haydee did not insist on anything, just subtly saying her opinions on my chosen design and fabric.

4. Her terms are flexible
45k is her starting price, but I guess it all depends on the design. She's very accomodation of requests. :) Just talk to her about your budget, I'm sure you can work up a great deal.

5. Her designs are BEAUTIFUL.
Just look at her IG and FB accounts and you'll see. Intricate beadwork are done with such class. Mukhang 3x the price yung designs nya.

wednesdei

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #287 on: February 02, 2016, 11:42:31 pm »
I booked naman Roxy Bagano nung PICC fair. Nabaitan kasi ako sa kanya super and her hubby din nya nkakwentuhan pa ng slight din ni h2b. Best of all, yung quote nya sa akin is 38k lang, with complete bridal accessories na yun.  :)

thisgirlisonfayer

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2016, 08:30:24 am »
Hi sis @nina_roxas! I'm also Haydee Garcia Bride! And i must say my gown is just breath taking. Na guilty ako kasi feel ko siya pa yung nalugi cos never nya tinipid gown ko in beading.. Whenever i look at other designer's ig running lang minsan technique nila in beading their embroidery pero Haydee's technique is talagang tadtad plus swarovski.. I'm so happy i got her and no regrets! Some brides can attest to that cos may mga nakakasabay kami sa fittings na super happy din with the way she works. Will rate her 10/10

overseasbride

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #289 on: February 24, 2016, 10:40:37 pm »
Any comments about emil ocampo? He's within my range kasi kaya ko binook. But medyo nakukulangan ako sa service nya. Any thoughts?

juwie

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2016, 11:12:45 am »
^ I was supposed to get Emil for my bridal gown. But later on changed my mind and had the groom's suit and ento gowns made by him na lang. I reviewed him sa Supplier's rating thread if you want to check it out. ☺

rowan

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2016, 08:24:41 pm »
Hay Im having second thoughts with my wedding dress design. Before choosing my designer, I narrowed down my choices to two. Both designers gave really good sketches but I chose my current designer because the other designer sketched a dress that would require me to wear spanx as the dress would have no boning. Feeling ko lang hassle and medyo risky as I need to look payat in all angles so regular exercise dapat and no weight gain! The fabric will just follow the curves of my body. But I really like how clean that design is. Anyway after a month this designer posted a dress that is very similar to the design she gave me and it's so beautiful haaaayyy... Its been 2 weeks and Ive been stopping myself from checking her instagram account and looking at that dress coz its confusing me! I already saved the sketch my current designer made for me on my phone so I could convince myself time and again that I made the right choice. :s If i opt to change naman, it would just cost 20k siguro over my set budget. Is this normal?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #292 on: February 26, 2016, 12:51:35 am »
Hi Rowan!! We have the same designer right? Richie already made me a full bone corset which I tried on my 2nd fitting. I was surprised that it was a completely separate piece with so much boning haha. And you're right. I asked if I should still buy spanx, she said "No" because I already have a corset on, and I will have a very difficult time putting the spanx back on if use the toilet hehe.

Anyway, l am currently having doubts about the silhouette I chose. My gown is a fit and flare, but I think I should have stuck with a safe and universally flattering a-line hehe. I guess I just have to start dieting seriously since I only have 2 months left.

But yes. my gown price has increased also since I first booked her. I made changes from sheath-to fit and flare, from no train- to a chapel train, from no veil- to having a veil, plus I requested for accessories. So I guess I can understand why she really has to charge me for the changes.


overseasbride

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #293 on: February 26, 2016, 08:43:59 am »
Mga sis, may sample ba kayo ng contract for a wedding gown and entourage gowns? Ang nakaindicate lang kasi kay emil yung price lang at kailan babayaran.

Please help me naman so I would know what to look for sa contract. pdsbriones@gmail.com

rowan

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #294 on: February 26, 2016, 09:48:46 am »
^^Chili1113, haha yes still Ritchie. That's the issue why I chose a dress that don't require spanx, I go to the bathroom a lot hehe. I guess my issue here is I'm doubting my decision to not take risk on my wedding dress. The other designer's sketch is still classic looking ah, mas kailangan lang talaga payat because of the material to be used! But gosh, if I chose that one, my dress will stand out talaga from all the lace and frou frou nowadays. Simple, clean, and form hugging.

With Richie's design, I'm also undecided too if I should have the skirt sheath fit and flare. I dont know, I feel uncomfy if my silhoutte is narrow at the top tapos bigla open at the bottom. Anyway I told Richie my first option is just sheath. We can decide naman raw as we go a long. Up to when can you make changes on the silhouette kaya?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #295 on: February 26, 2016, 11:04:04 am »
^She told me that I could change my mind before the cutter works on the fabric. But perhaps it was because I was going from sheath to fit and flare.

But I suppose for fit and flare, it would be easy to convert that to a sheath after.

BTW--- she charged me an extra 12k to convert my gown to fit and flare because it requires more fabric, and more embroidery on top.

If I were you, go with fit and flare first, because you can easily alter it to do a sheath later on. Even after your 2nd fitting, before they put the lace on =)

BTW the fit and flare silhouette of Richie isn't the exaggerated mermaid/trumpet cut popular these days. Hers is more subtle and classic and slowly flares out.

Have you seen this gown? If I had the figure, I would definitely go very minimal beading, full lace. sheath gown like this one =)
https://www.instagram.com/p/z67ew2HCNp/?taken-by=richieortegatorres

LyrevA

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #296 on: February 26, 2016, 03:03:46 pm »
Hello Ladies,

Im new in this thread.
Would like to seek help/opinion if anyone here can give feedback on the works of Khai Villanueva of Alta Costura?
I saw his works through facebook, and i like the simplicity of the gowns.
I asked for his price range, eh medyo pricey so I politely told him na i cannot go over my budget for the gown, then he asked me my budget then yun nag create sya ng design for me sinend nya through FB.
Gusto ko [textspeak!] din maassure sa sincerity nya.
Thank you.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #297 on: February 26, 2016, 07:27:41 pm »
^^Chili1113, haha thats actually one of the 3 pegs I sent her:) At first, I told her that I want something exactly like that. Aside from the flattering silhouette, I love the lace inserts:) Richie told me that dress has no boning coz some parts of the bodice are see through lace lang.

ahpay17

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #298 on: February 26, 2016, 10:14:25 pm »
Hi girls!

any feedback / reviews on Joel Garcia Couture?

Thank you :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #299 on: February 26, 2016, 11:58:40 pm »
rowan: Hehe seems like we have the same taste when it comes to bridal gowns!! =) =) I am sure your gown will just be fab!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close