Author Topic: MID range wedding gown designers  (Read 200177 times)

biskybear

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2015, 02:51:15 am »
@thisgirlisonfayer no, i super appreciate your feedback! Thank you, thank you! ☺️ Please feel free to share more, especially when your gown is done na. 😌

andienic1025

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2015, 01:15:47 am »
Here's my thought on the designers I inquired few months ago..

Bridehouse - quoted me 40k for my peg. The sample gowns displayed in their office is nice kaso medyo inusisa ko beading and they're using acrylic beads lang  which tarnishes or nangingitim pag tumagal so parang feel ko tinitipid nila yung material so baka compromise yung quality. Scary lang baka sa wedding day ko medyo maitim itim na yung beads na wedding gown ko.

Roxy Bagano - We kinda share the sentiment with Roxy Bagano @biskybear.. Medyo nakaka hassle nga going to her atelier but in terms of professionalism super okay siya! And a lot of gtalkers and previous roxy brides can attest to that.. I went to her atelier also, her gowns looks nice in pictures pero off ako sa pag layout niya ng lace sa bodice or is it just me.. Ewan and I guess I wasn't also sold sa designs niya. She quoted me 45k

Emil Ocampo - He's super nice and talagang maganda mga creations nya no doubt but his location is near lrt1 somewhere in tayuman ata or bambang.. Accessible naman pero mahirap lang parking. I almost book him but I still continue scouting since he's the 3rd na designer na pinuntahan ko.

Andrea Tetangco - Parang may nabasa din ako sa isa sa thread dito na inquiring bride to be na she get a bit off when andrea starts to bad mouth or say mean things to other designers. Which happened to me as well when I was sharing my experiences in scouting for my wedding gown designer and she started to say nega abt other designer. Ayoko lang ng ganun. She quoted me 70k for my peg (fully beaded na embroidery yung top tapos nawawala sya pababa)

Debbie Co - 80k for my peg and upon checking the gowns in her studio i don't like yung pagkakatahi, hindi neat or maarte lang ako. I don't know pero my Mom also noticed.

Merlene Marcelo - She quoted me 65k for my peg super nice ng sketch na ginawa nya for me and i like her works! Ganda ng beadworks and malinis pagkatahi ng gowns.. Medyo naloka lang ako cos nagpa impress masyado telling us na sa production team daw niya nagpapatahi mga sikat nadesigners.. Parang natahimik na lang kami.. But I still considered her.

Haydee Garcia - As soon as I saw her she's very young pa nga talaga. I also checked her sample gowns and mga gowns in progress sa studio niya. True enough to one of the gtalkers here na nagsabi ang hilig niya sa makinang, tadtad beads din siya. She sketched a design for me even though I showed her my peg and quoted me 45k all in with accesories plus bridal service. Natuwa lang ako cos medyo chatty siya na kwento nya on how she started her biz and at her young age siya nag fi finance sa sarili niya and she never asked her parents for money to build her studio talagang ipon lang daw niya yun nung nag wo work siya before so dun ako natuwa at the same time na inspire.. I think that made me book her cos nakita ko
how hard working she is. Concern ko
lang is yung pag schedule ng fittings or meetings cos I saw one comment here na yun nga may isang client na nagreklamo thru instagram. Siguro nga I should set a schedule and remind her day before na lang para talaga sigurado :)

Eitanalma

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2015, 01:36:00 am »
Mga brides! Help naman po! Any suggestions/ experience for bridal designers/shops here sa south area? Preferably alabang sana or near. As of now im eyeing roxy bagano top on the list. Still searching for more na mas easy access sana.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2015, 05:36:42 pm »
^sis si Boy Kastner Santos aka BKS. Sa may daanghari shop nya near Alabang

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2015, 06:38:17 pm »
@biskybear -the same thing happened to us when we we were supposed to meet Haydee Garcia. We had an appointment at 02:00pm, even confirmed the day prior to. Since confirmed na, I didn't see the point in calling her na on the way na kami. We arrived at 0210 sa shop nya since naligaw kami, and mga 30 minutes kami dun, wala din yung assistant nya and sabi nung guard eh baka nasa pet store daw nakikipag chismisan. Ang nakakatawa yung guard pa yung nagsabi sa amin na umalis daw sya ng 0200 pm nagpunta sa banko lang daw. So we left.  30 minutes later we received a message na andun na daw sya sa shop. So ended up not booking her for my mum's and my sister's gowns.  But this happened March pa. And so far sa nakikita ko naman sa IG and FB nya, masaya naman yung mga clients nya. Except for that IG message na I just learned about dito sa GT hehe.

biskybear

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2015, 08:28:28 pm »
^grabe super risky tAlagA e. Kaya nag iisip isip na ako. Nagiintay nga ako ng feedback ng mga present brides nya kung paano sya ngayon.

futuremrsyoung

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #186 on: October 13, 2015, 01:43:17 am »
Hi sis @andienic1025 talaga? Nakakatuwa ngayon ko lang nalaman kaya pala nabasa ko blog ni Haydee titled "killing of dependency" she talked about living alone etc.. Anyway congrats sis! I'm also Haydee Garcia bride. So far our fittings went on smoothly naman di pa ko nakaka encounter ng problems with her.. On time naman tsaka she replies fast in viber also.

@bonzaigirl i think her service improved naman cos she's fully booked na ata this year and closed na january and february 2017 and she have 2 assistants na everytime we go there for fittings.

biskybear

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #187 on: October 13, 2015, 02:55:56 pm »
@lippiequeen It's so embarrassing, but I can't seem to find a way to reply to your email! haha! where to you find the "reply" button?  :P

thisgirlisonfayer

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #188 on: October 13, 2015, 08:25:24 pm »
@bonzaigirl talaga? So far we haven't experience that with Her.. Okay naman siya and out of all our suppliers nga sa kanya kami walang problem.. May mga nakakasabay din kami sa studio niya it seems they're all happy naman working with her.. Medyo patapos na kami few months!! Excited lang :)

@biskybear - she have 2 assistants na ata? just incase wala siya during fittings someone can still take in charge.. Pero in our experience so far siya palagi nag aassist samin :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2015, 08:08:11 am »
^Hi sis, i'm just relaying the experience I had naman with her. I didn't know na may kapareha akong experience.  Although I didn't see naman the need to blatantly message her in IG hehe.And like I said, this happened in March pa. It's good na my case seems to be one of the odd cases out.   Mahirap lang kasi during that time,  I'm an overseas bride and when I went home in March, I really squeezed all whom I can see in that week. So having that experience wherein a supplier was the one who can't seem to keep her own appointments was quite frustrating. And during that time, mas mababa pa yung rates nya. Actually, I guess God works in mysterious ways kasi I found someone else who suits me better to make my mum's and sister's gowns.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2015, 05:42:15 pm »
Hi anyone here tried to have their wedding gown made by hannah kong? kamusta naman?

KNG05

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2015, 05:13:40 pm »
Hi mga sis!  :)  Here’s my experience looking out for a designer. Lahat po eh through e-mail, FB and Viber lang since I am an overseas bride.  :)

Vidal Clayton from Cecilio Abad’s Team – First choice ko to, I really like his style. The first inquiry was sent May 14, no response after 2 days, so, nagfollow-up ako ng May 18. The next day he replied and ask for my peg and I immediately sent him since I was sooo excited, then he replied and quoted me 160k! (long sleeve top and frou frou skirt) katulad ng ibang ka GT naten I don’t want to spend too much for my gown. Nakakaloka! So same day nagsend ako sa kanya ng ibang style, plain skirt and intricate top and asked him if he can suggest or do a sketch for a 90k to 100k budget – binigay ko sa kanya yung max budget namin since I really admire his works. But unfortunately, after ko ibigay yung budget ko, hindi nya na ako nireplayan at all! So X na sya, nakakaturn-off lang yung mga suppliers na binabalewala yung mga inquiries.  >:(

Veluz – I know na nasa high range na sya but I still ask for a quotation. But no response at all, e-mails, FB messages. ???

Coca Couture by Andrea Tetangco (Starts at 75k) – She quoted me 80k with accessories. She’s okay naman and sinasagot lahat ng tanong ko and mabilis magreply. Yung time lang na di sya nagrereply is when she travelled to London pero nagsorry naman siya. Siguro since I am an overseas bride, yung discussion namin eh very limited kaya hindi ko pa na-encounter yung negative feedback about her.

Jazel Sy (Starts at 75k) – Quoted me 85k with accessories / 95k if I want to have a second look. Gusto ko yung mga gawa niya, very light and parang masarap isuot. Everything is okay naman pero when I told her na minove namin yung wedding to December 2016, sabe niya balikan ko nalang daw siya year before the wedding for her security purposes daw. Which I completely understand kasi nga if matagal pa wedding madame pa tayo magugustuhan and sometimes nagiging fickle minded sa gustong design. I don’t know what to feel lang din kasi feeling ko hindi siya open sa changes and it sounded super strict. Nonetheless, I still love her designs.  :)

Patricia Santos (Starts at 130k – Lace with minimal beadworks) – She quoted me 150k. End of story. Hahaha!

Mel Orlina (Starts at 58k with complete accessories) – She quoted me 62k ftw! Haha. She gave me the sketch na din day after I showed her my pegs. I admire her punctuality kasi malaking factor yun for overseas bride like me.

These are the suppliers na hindi pa nagsesend ng exact quotation.

Rop Syquia (Starts at 40k)

Rich Fontanilla (Starts at 70k)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 05:27:57 pm by KNG05 »

janagirl

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #192 on: October 15, 2015, 06:43:39 pm »
Mga brides! Help naman po! Any suggestions/ experience for bridal designers/shops here sa south area? Preferably alabang sana or near. As of now im eyeing roxy bagano top on the list. Still searching for more na mas easy access sana.

Sis, try The Bridal Room. May FB page sila. Sa Paranaque lang ang shop nila.

Eitanalma

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2015, 07:28:38 pm »
@janagirl thank you sis! I checked them nung isang araw lang. I love bridal room. But the things is hindi personalized yung gown, looking for something ala frech inspired sana. Will be checking BKS pag ok na ang weather! Hopefully magustuhan ko design and quote!

Still looking for others though.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2015, 08:32:22 pm »
^magaling si BKS sa bet mo na design sis. 50k starting nya.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2015, 11:09:22 am »
^^ I don't know if you're agreeable to go to makati area.. but of what I saw of Hannah Kong's designs, she likes using french lace. Maybe that can be the "french inspired" part of your gown?  :)

Awesomecakes

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2015, 01:38:52 pm »
Until now, I can't choose yet who will be my designer for my gown :( Im thinking og getting Haydee Garcia pero I like Mel Orlina too but a bit pricey. Can't decide :(

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2015, 01:49:15 pm »
^^^ Informative post sis andienic1025 Acrylic beads? Bigla tuloy ako na curious to really see their works with my own eyes. I already talked with Bridehouse online and I set an appointment paguwi ko this December.

^^ Your post is really helpful sis KNG05 :) I'm relying heavy with online feedbacks and some friend's recommendations but I think iba pa din if get to meet with the suppliers personally.

^ When is your wedding sis Awesomecakes? I'm having the same dilemma as well. To go past our initial budget or not. Fiance and I kept on discussing about it and he insists to get the designer which would make me happy. Really. But I told him I'm okay with midrange na lang and instead of putting set the extra for our honeymoon. Pero... once nga lang yung wedding. Hay.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:53:31 pm by pinaydiaspora »

LavenderBlossom

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2015, 03:37:52 pm »
I like the designs of Cecilio Abad, kaya lang hindi namin keri ang price nya namamahalan ako. My gown peg is very simple lang naman. We decided to get Clayton na lang, he's really good din and he just quoted me 85k for my gown  :)

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2015, 11:13:08 am »
@lippiequeen It's so embarrassing, but I can't seem to find a way to reply to your email! haha! where to you find the "reply" button?  :P


sis, wala kang nakikitang reply button? hahaha nakakaloka baka kailangan mo muna magdagdag ng posts dto sa GT bago ka makareply sa PM? dati kasi alam ko bawal magsend ng PM pag bago pa pero hindi ko alam na hindi din pala makakareply hehe :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close