Author Topic: Wedding Rings Thread 5  (Read 110027 times)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #460 on: July 11, 2015, 04:12:27 am »
^yes pede pa rin magpaengrave kahit manipis.. I had mine engraved.

Thanks sis, that's good to know. Probably will have to do it next year para sa church wedding namin 😃

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #461 on: July 11, 2015, 12:31:39 pm »
Normally, what texts are being engraved sa wedding rings?

Kami sis hubby's name space heart sign space my name space bf-gf anniversary date

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #462 on: July 23, 2015, 05:12:00 pm »
Yay!! I ordered my wedding band today =) I also finally decided to have my engagement ring re-set so that the rings will match exactly and also not have a gap. Good thing we decided to order my wedding band ahead of time. Since I first asked for a quotation, the price per carat of diamonds have already gone up.

I feel so loved and spoiled today heheh I called h2b and said "Babe, sorry the price per carat went up na so the price is 20k more for my ring." Then h2b says "That's ok as long as you're happy!"  =) =) Wheeeeeee

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #463 on: July 23, 2015, 05:18:40 pm »
Lucky you chili1113! Truly a spoiled bride. :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #464 on: July 23, 2015, 05:35:05 pm »
Awwww I'm super kilig and excited for you chili!!! :) I'm pretty sure that your set will be GORGEOUS! :) And I'm also happy that you can finally have your e-ring re-set!!

I also want to have mine re-set but mum reprimanded me and husband got sort of tampo and asked me if I don't like my e-ring. So okay, no na. Hahaha

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #465 on: July 23, 2015, 05:50:10 pm »
belle_v2g" hehe bumabawi lang ata si h2b for all those months he was so NR (no reaction) with wedding preps. =)

caleeice: Thanks sis! I was thinking of changing the style of my engagement ring also by adding a halo LOL But I decided against it since my h2b might get tampo. So the setting I ordered today is sorta just going to be an improved version of the old setting.

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #466 on: July 23, 2015, 05:51:23 pm »
I feel so loved and spoiled today heheh I called h2b and said "Babe, sorry the price per carat went up na so the price is 20k more for my ring." Then h2b says "That's ok as long as you're happy!"  =) =) Wheeeeeee

nice sis chili. spoiled bride :)  btw, this got me curious.  How much ba is the half-eternity ring in Manila, let's say 18k two-tone (white&yellow/rose gold)?  Provided the diamond is the usual diamond that is used there?

We didnt check out na kase rings in Manila.  We got it in SG, though generally more expensive pero mas kampante kami sa quality.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #467 on: July 23, 2015, 06:05:07 pm »
^sis Hallerski, it depends on the size and specs of the diamonds and total carat weight they will use =) If you're going to have a ring custom made, they will let you inspect the stones before weighing them. Then they will give a price per carat x total carat weight. Then on top of that give the quotation for the actual setting.

Price for 18k gold where I ordered my ring is 20% more expensive than 14k gold. I just stuck to 14k gold though, since I don't see any difference, and I like that 14k is stronger and less malleable than 18k.

And the prices really vary from jeweler to jeweler even with the exact same specs! Some jewelers quoted me up to double the price I got it for! 

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #468 on: July 23, 2015, 06:12:13 pm »
^thanks sis chili. Let's say 18k two-tone (white gold and yellow/rose gold) then 13 diamonds for half-eternity. Total of 0.5carat..
Roughly how much kaya yung usual price? Kahit range lang :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #469 on: July 23, 2015, 07:02:55 pm »
Sorry sis Hallerski I really don't have an idea. hehe =) I am not too familiar with the prices of other rings

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #470 on: July 23, 2015, 07:19:47 pm »
^awww.. No worries sis chili.. I was wondering lang :)
Btw congrats on your ring. One of happiest moments in wedding preps is finally getting/fitting our wedding rings! Yey! :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #471 on: July 24, 2015, 02:29:45 am »
Yay!! I ordered my wedding band today =) I also finally decided to have my engagement ring re-set so that the rings will match exactly and also not have a gap. Good thing we decided to order my wedding band ahead of time. Since I first asked for a quotation, the price per carat of diamonds have already gone up.

I feel so loved and spoiled today heheh I called h2b and said "Babe, sorry the price per carat went up na so the price is 20k more for my ring." Then h2b says "That's ok as long as you're happy!"  =) =) Wheeeeeee

wow so happy for you sis.  Bet you can't wait till everything is reset and done.  Nakakaexcite yan. hehe.  You are one lucky and quite spoiled bride.  :D

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #472 on: July 24, 2015, 05:07:53 am »
^thanks sis chili. Let's say 18k two-tone (white gold and yellow/rose gold) then 13 diamonds for half-eternity. Total of 0.5carat..
Roughly how much kaya yung usual price? Kahit range lang :)

Hi hallerski, my jeweler quoted me 52k for 0.55 TCW half-eternity for the bride plus a plain band with a single diamond for the groom. +20% pa for 18k. This is the cheaper jeweler.

The original jeweller i was considering quoted me 100k for the same set pero bigger diamonds..maybe 0.12 carat X 11 diamonds tapos pair narin, 18k na.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #473 on: July 24, 2015, 11:31:09 am »
bonzaigirl yes Im so excited! =) I can't wait to get the ring haha Im normally not a spoiled bride  haha. Its just that when we started planning our wedding we really agreed that we will prioritize our honeymoon and wedding rings-- while we keep other details of the wedding more practical. =)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #474 on: July 24, 2015, 11:49:04 am »
Hahaha..  sis Chili1113, I think most brides are practical, but when the opportunity presents itself, especially when jewelry is concerned, I think my brains turn to jello.  Most of my suppliers are based on practicality and need.  But when my then fiance, told me that he'll buy me 2 wedding rings, all I could say is "okay" na super pa sweet and innocent :D  Kaya I know the excitement.  I have my second wedding ring still inside the box,it needs to be resized, but whenever I get the opportunity, I try to fit it and stack it, and I still get all giddy like a schoolgirl.  hehe.  My wedding rings together with my engagement ring still looks quite simple although now they sparkle more, but maybe it's just me and jewelry. :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:51:14 am by bonzaigirl »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #475 on: July 24, 2015, 03:05:17 pm »
bonzaigirl, awwwww two wedding rings! You are one lucky girl. =) Haha most women really turn to jello when it comes to jewelry and I am definitely one of them! =) =) But surprisingly it is one of those expenses I don't feel guilty about splurging because jewelry is always a good investment, is something you can keep and hand down, and has tremendous sentimental value!

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #476 on: July 24, 2015, 03:14:08 pm »
Its so true :) for women, it's jewellry and for men watches :)

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2015, 10:35:24 pm »
^^^thanks for the info sis sparklingjewel :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #478 on: July 25, 2015, 09:09:44 am »
^Anytime hallerski :) Sukat ka ng similar ring with a 0.05 carat stones and another with 0.12 carat stones. Significant yung difference and malalaman mo which one more bagay sa e-ring mo. Or you could go even bigger ;) Sakin yan lang nasukat ko kasi i wanted a really dainty thin band that won't swallow my e-ring (na thin studded band rin) :)

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Rings Thread 5
« Reply #479 on: July 27, 2015, 07:18:42 am »
We've already picked up our wedding rings at SM Megamall's bridal fair last weekend. Ang emo ni H2B recently, nateteary-eyed sya. super inaasar ko tuloy haha :D Last weekend naman, i let him listen to my bridal march song and doon naiyak sya talaga so I couldn't help but cry as well :(

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close