We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on FemaleNetwork.com. By continued use, you agree to our privacy policy and accept our use of such cookies. Find out more here.
Remember Me
Oops! Sorry!
A message has been sent to
johnjones@gmail.com
Click on the link in the email to set a new password.
Click on the link to activate your account.
^^ what percentage did you use before ba sis?
Pwede po bang magpafacial while on tret?
... I get my facials on a regular basis na. I also get chemical peels and power peels regularly. Tretinoin is really awesome. You just have to endure the ugly phase talaga. It will pass. And it's all worth it.Just don't forget to inform your aesthetician or MD that you are on tret. They will surely go easy on the procedure (and sales talk) if you are.
Sis, I am also using Retin-A every other night since alternate siya with vitamin C serum. I am planning to have a TCA/glycolic peel. Di ko pa sure kung alin sa dalawa kasi yung TCA super visible peeling eh. If I will have a glycolic peel done once every 2 weeks, or a TCA peel, do I need to stop for the meantime muna yung tret ko? how many days prior and after?
it depends too sis on the depth of the tca or glycolic peel. If you'll get a superficial peel, stopping retin-a for 3 days or even a day prior will do. Then once the peeling from tca or glycolic subsides, you can resume. Normally mga 3 days to a week. It really depends on how your skin reacts. So it's still best to get any chemical peel in-clinic. I do not advise any home peel while you're on retin-a. Ako kasi from SA peel, i stop for 3 days prior and 3 days after to avoid any irritation. Power peel just a day. So far this has worked for me. For reference i have dry skin and i used to shed a lot of skin from tret.
^heard that brand is really sticky so it's best to use it at night. But then you use tret and you should not combine them. So i guess you continue your routine na alternate sila or switch to a vitamin c serum that's not heavy or sticky for AM use. I use obagi pro c 10%. it's really light lang and even goes well with a moisturizer and any formula of sunscreen.