watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 6  (Read 161038 times)

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #300 on: October 12, 2015, 09:17:49 pm »
^
VMV Armada SPF 45 gamit ko indoor and outdoor.

happynlove

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #301 on: October 13, 2015, 12:04:54 am »
Thank you sisses. Bumili na ko kanina ng heliocare hay di bale, at least mejo may confidence ako dito since indicated siya for acne prone skin (the gel type). Will continue my search for either a cheaper gel, or cheaper supplier ng heliocare. Sana mahiyang din ako dito.

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #302 on: December 02, 2015, 03:22:31 pm »
Last night was my second night of tret (Retin A) and oh my god, I'm sooo breaking out! :(

Project60

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2015, 11:27:59 am »
i stopped my stieva 0.25 kasi parang di na natapos ang breakouts, red face,

nagbalik loob ako sa derma ko nung college (8 years ago) Rinesetahan nya din ako ng tret pero yung sariling mix nila - turns out mas hiyang ako.

may hiyang hiyangan din pala sa tret...She gave me tretinoin + bleaching cream

My regimen is something like this:
Morning - hypoallergenic soap, clindamycin toner
Evening - hypoallergenic soap, after 20 mins, tretinoin cream 0.25+bleaching cream

yun lang - my face is so much better than when i was using stieva + cetaphil.




reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2015, 01:42:58 pm »
I hate breaking out from tret. Tiis ganda talaga sa purging stage. Sa may gitna ng forehead ko talaga may malaking zit  :'( I'm just going to rock it nalang and think that I'm a hot indian lol

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #305 on: December 17, 2015, 03:21:53 am »
Sissies who also use vitamin c serum, when do you apply it, morning or night or twice a day?

5tarfruit

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #306 on: December 19, 2015, 12:32:08 am »
^ sis, I apply it during the day. Vitamin C actually boosts the effectiveness of your sunscreen. If I remember correctly, useless din na gamitin twice a day ang vitamin C kasi may max amount lang na maaabsorb ng skin. :) If you need the literature, I'll try to look for it.

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #307 on: December 27, 2015, 08:35:29 pm »
I apply Vitamin C serum na din. after washing, before sunblock in the morning

cry_mandy

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #308 on: January 01, 2016, 12:55:45 am »
Mga sis nag Derm A ako for 3 mos pero on and off. Lalong naglabasan ang pimples and white heads ko, yung tipong paghawak ang slight scrub eh malalaglag talaga sila hahaha. It made my skin so thin. Mali in many ways yung application ko. Good thing napadpad ako sa thread na to and learned a  few things. I just used it for 3 consecutive days but whenever I brush my teeth namumula yung part ng face ko na nalalagyan ng toothpaste, sa bandang chin. I will go back to derm a after i finished my red treatment session sa mendez ( they put fruit extract on my face which will make me peel para malighten yung pimple marks) I still have 2 sessions kasi.

Question lang po, how do you reapply sunblock when you're outdoors and have make up on? Do you just use powdernor foundation with spf?

alicerose

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #309 on: January 06, 2016, 11:24:21 am »
Joined the tret club mga 4 weeks ago! Wala na kasi nagw-work sakin na ibang treatment, ayoko naman magpa-derma kasi takot ako na pagka-perahan lol  ::)

Anyway buti na lang nagkita kami ng super friend ko na dermatologist. She was the one who recommended a tretinoin regimen and just asked me to buy the products OTC, no need na siya yung maghalo nung topical meds.

I use Retin-A 0.5% at night. first two weeks I buffered it with moisturizer (Laneige and/or Physiogel) para hindi mabigla, then the third week I applied it directly to face na. I do this every 3 nights. Once I go to my 5th week, I'll do it every 2 nights. I super make sure my face is dry before I apply, as in I wait 30 minutes talaga no matter how sleepy I am.

To control the whiteheads and breakouts, I use Benzac AC Gel in AM, followed up by moisturizer and sunblock five minutes later (I use VMV Armada / Sunkiller / VMV Skin Savvy Foundation with SPF 60)

My facial wash is Papulex. Mga 2x a week I exfoliate very gently with Cure.

Soooo far, nasa purging stage + peeling na ako. Haha! Though it's not as bad yet. And I noticed the rest of my face (na walang pimples) is so soft and smooth. Mabilis na din yung cycle ng pimples ko... dati kasi 5 days before siya mawala (or even more!). Ngayon mga 3 days flat na. I'm noticing a lot of PIH though. Pero one skin problem at a time. Pimples muna haha

Sabi naman ni derma-friend expect results after 3 months (nakaka-1 month palang ako) so I'm prepared to be patient naman. Basta may results!
 

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #310 on: January 06, 2016, 09:37:51 pm »
Kelan matatapos yung peeling stage, or will it ever stop? Kasi pag hindi ako naka makeup I don't notice any naman, but there are certain foundations na when worn, highlights the peeling parts of my face. I dunno tuloy whether to change or wait it out nalang. I'm on my 5th week na.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #311 on: January 06, 2016, 10:10:22 pm »
^Sis Ive been using tret for about 7 years na, and I STILL peel every now and then haha Nako --- that is one of the reasons why I have a love-hate relationship with tret.  But well, I always panic when I run out of tret. Also, I do not use tret in the summer when I am supposed to go to the beach, or when I know I will be travelling and be out in the sun a lot.

alicerose

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #312 on: January 07, 2016, 05:04:10 pm »
^ Wow 7 years! Kamusta skin mo? Na-control ba talaga yung acne? Prepared naman ako sa long-term commitment pero I just wanna know if it really works hahahuhu

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #313 on: January 07, 2016, 06:11:52 pm »
^hmmm tretinoin helps prevent my acne I think-- the most siguro mga 3-4 big pimples ako. But pag nag break-out ako di talaga kaya ng tret. I spot treat it with duac or benzoyl peroxide.

Kaya I cant stop using tret is because sya ang most effective for me to lighten my freckles together with Obagi. Plus it keeps my pores tight.

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #314 on: January 08, 2016, 02:13:08 am »
^ Me too. At times I'm tempted talaga. Minsan kasi, either napapadami ng lagay, magp-peel ulit. Pero more on micropeeling na lang yung sakin.

Nakakatempt mag-stop lalo na kapag wala na talagang masyadong pimple. Pero when I do, parang biglang unti-unting dumadami.

Ngayon I stopped, kasi I bought Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle repair with retinol. Para milder ng konti. So, medyo may onting break out ako. Pero meron ako now, so ayoko muna i-attribute kay Neutrogena.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2016, 06:40:12 am »
^I heard great things about Rapid wrinkle repair! Somtimes I want to switch also to prescription strength retinol products and stop tret! But then it is so difficult to find them in Manila. And so my love-hate relationship with tret continues. I use it more for anti-aging than acne though, since my acne is controlled better by other products. Perhaps because I have been using tret for so long?


budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2016, 08:27:49 pm »
^Sis Ive been using tret for about 7 years na, and I STILL peel every now and then haha Nako --- that is one of the reasons why I have a love-hate relationship with tret.  But well, I always panic when I run out of tret. Also, I do not use tret in the summer when I am supposed to go to the beach, or when I know I will be travelling and be out in the sun a lot.
For the most part, when you wear foundation, does it accentuate any flakies? I'm on my 5th week palang naman. And I don't wear makeup often. Kaya lang nabo-bother ako kasi minsan na nga lang magmakeup, may ugly peeling part pa (depende naman sa foundation). Kaya iniisip ko, if I would be peeling the entire time, might as well skip this (and some other) foundation nalang. hehe

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2016, 12:56:47 am »
^Yes!! Makeup makes the flakes more obvious thats why I hate peeling!!!! And you look 5-10 years older when you peel bad hahah

alicerose

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2016, 02:22:55 am »
^ hay problema ko din yan ngayon. Napabili tuloy ako ng VMV Skin Savvy foundation (which performs better than my usual Max Factor Facefinity in hiding flakes). That and LOTS of moisturizer.
 
San pala nakakabili ng Duac? :) I tried in Mercury and Watsons, wala daw sila sa stock matagal na so I settled for the Benzac. OK naman siya, pero yung originally na nireco ni derma kasi is Duac.

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2016, 01:56:26 pm »
^ako naman i don't peel with tret kaso meron pa din ako comedones sa jawline at mga pimples. Medyo may redness din yung face ko.. do i need to up my %?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close