watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 6  (Read 161147 times)

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2015, 10:29:00 am »
Yay good.
Oo Baka better nga to start again slow. ako from everyday using, I'm down to every other day. Ayoko kasi muna Nung peeling etc. they call it pala "tret uglies" lol. Ang laking aha! moment rin sakin nung PH-acid effect sa skin. Sana nalaman ko sooner.. Sana mas maganda skin ko ngayon!

babyboo.0326

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #281 on: August 25, 2015, 08:19:02 pm »
Yay good.
Oo Baka better nga to start again slow. ako from everyday using, I'm down to every other day. Ayoko kasi muna Nung peeling etc. they call it pala "tret uglies" lol. Ang laking aha! moment rin sakin nung PH-acid effect sa skin. Sana nalaman ko sooner.. Sana mas maganda skin ko ngayon!
I was able to buy from Mercury Drug in Medical City. I got Retin-A nalang, but will start slow nga. Will ease-in and use only 2-3 days apart. It's been years, I almost forgot how to use it na  :D siguro after 2 weeks of this interval, gawin ko na rin every other day. I will remind myself not to stop using tret again!  :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2015, 01:55:03 am »
here's a tip from my derma... if you can't find .025% tret... you can use .05% but dilute it with a very basic/plain moisturizer like cetaphil, physiogel, or clinique dramatically different moisturizer. Dilute it 1:1 ratio you .05% and you will end up with .025% =)

cream_puff

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #283 on: August 27, 2015, 02:38:44 am »
Hi. I'm using medicated astringent (from Lily's Touch Blooming Kit), I think tretinoin is the main active.

Question ko is how long will the downtime take? I can't bear the peeling and the redness anymore... I have very active lifestyle and my skin hurts (and I think it even swells) bad when I sweat.

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2015, 01:04:30 pm »
^^ Thanks for sharing your derma's tip sis!  :)

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2015, 01:27:08 pm »
Hi sis cream_puff. I'm not an expert, but if I were you, I'll stop using it. ASAP. And if I wanna go back into it talaga, either I'll slowly ease back into it either by: using it less frequently, say every 3rd night muna; use significantly less product; or switch to a milder formulation, if any. :) Sayang naman if your skin's reaction to that product will keep you from maintaining and pursuing your active lifestyle. :)

I've never experienced peeling and painful skin kasi (skin just felt a little tight at some point), even when I was religiously using tretinoin/clindamycin/salicylic and other acid stuff from my derma back then. Not even now that I am using a lot more potent stuff on my skin.  :-*

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2015, 06:11:51 pm »
cream_puff: Id stop using the tret if I were you! =) Let your skin rest first.

Gahhhh my face is peeling and irritated all of a sudden today. And so my love-hate with tretinoin continues. Today I hate tret!! LOL I am peeling, and I look older and uglier! I have a lot of parties to attend pa naman this weekend and I look like a dried up, flaky, and sun burnt oldie. Ive been using tret for 8 years, yet there is no predicting how my skin will react sometimes.Whaaaaaa I hate it!!!!!!

So I am backing off from tret first. In the meantime I am using my Vitamin C serum more, and my regular moisturizer first. I have to back off also from my glycolic acid since my face is irritated.

cartman

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2015, 08:36:11 pm »
Saken me purging stage 😱

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #288 on: August 31, 2015, 07:53:48 pm »
^^anong Vit C serum mo sis? Are you happy with it?

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #289 on: September 07, 2015, 10:02:20 am »
^ Thanks sis, Ill try this serum. I was eyeing Skinceuticals nga but yea ang mahal. Whatever Ill save in vit c serum ipangdagdag ko nalang sa night serum ko.  ;D I want sana yung Kate Somerville o Zelens pero ill research some more para di ako magsisi

At the moment Im using my Olay glycolic serum and im a hesitant to use it on top of tret kasi baka over kill naman. Okay lang naman pala? I read nga somewhere that they act on different layers of the skin so it should be okay raw to use together. So sis Cili1113, with your regimen, hindi ka nga nagpi-peel? Medyo may slight sensitivity na kasi ako sa apples of cheeks (is this normal?) so im now extra careful. I now i try to avoid that when applying tret and acid toner (liquid gold used 3x/wk).

Yes yes the P50. Excited too to get my hands on this! :)

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #290 on: September 07, 2015, 10:17:09 am »
Anong pinaka mataas na concentration ng tret?

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2015, 12:06:19 am »
^ .1 if im not mistaken sis

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2015, 10:12:38 am »
Saken me purging stage 😱

^ I noticed na may purging stage din ako from using tret on my forehead. I asked my derma if its normal to break out from tret and she said na baka may mga nakatago pa daw na mga zits pero hindi naman talaga cystic acne yung mga breakouts ko. More on mga tiny bumps lang here and there so spot treatment lang katapat

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2015, 12:24:51 pm »
OK the new routine my derma put me on! My skin isnt peeling anymore even while using .5 % tret. Thing is.... my skin really hurts when I use the toner and it stings for like 5 min after I put the cream on top of the tret. So I decided to skip the tret last night and back off a bit. BUT the great thing is that at least I dont have the ugly stages of peeling anymore. I think the toner and glycolic cream my derma prescribed did the trick as she said it would. I cant stand the stinging though.

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #294 on: September 14, 2015, 07:43:27 am »
^Nag-work rin sakin yung tip mo, sis, thank you! I used to peel on the chin and apples of cheeks pero now no more na. Using serum after tret did it! So happy kasi now i can really see the effects of tret on my skin.  ;D

One month na pala ako on tret (stieva a 0.025). it is by far the best product i have used! I will recommend this to everyone i know. Importante lang to do your research and learn to listen to your skin (naks but really) Since I started with it, I already have made a couple of tweaks to my routine-- cetaphil dries me up pala tapos and physiogel clogs my pores so now im using oil based cleanser and oil free moist. The tret itself is cheap pero yung products that you use with it yung mahal haha! Ang dami ko gusto bilin na aray na sa wallet eh mahirap pa hanapin. oh well.  ;D

ironhide

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #295 on: September 14, 2015, 10:46:02 am »
I called watsons and mercury drug. Supplier out of stock daw ang Stieva-A. Im trying Acretin 0.025% na nabili ko sa www.ebay.ph .so far so good

happynlove

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #296 on: October 01, 2015, 04:33:50 am »
sis luna laxa anong nagustuhan mong effect ng tret sayo? naputol yung paggamit ko eh.

happynlove

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #297 on: October 12, 2015, 01:29:20 pm »
Update mga sis.parang nakakaaddict na magtret. Nakikita ko na yung result na kuminis na skin ko..so happy! Yun nga lang may mga blemishes pa ko.siguro kung walang blemishes ang ganda tingnan nito kasi ang smooth na parang shiny. Lumiit na din pores sa nose ko,siguro kasi nadedeclog na lagi yung white heads. Hindi na ko tinatamad maglagay,naeexcite na ko lagi sa gabi,kung pwede lang every night hehe

Ang problem ko lang ngayon wala pa kong sunblock for indoor use. Tingin ko mas sensitive na skin ko due to micropeeling. Ano ginagamit niyong sunblock? I prefer gel sana pero ang expensive ng Heliocare. I'm torn between this and VMV Armada.

Project60

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #298 on: October 12, 2015, 01:41:39 pm »
sis i use belo or sunplay (as suggested by our sis in this thread din) for my sunblock.

Heavy for me ang vmv... oily skin kasi ako parang nangagati or nanlilimahid feeling ko hahahaha.

Okay sana yung biore mura lang and gel type kaso nagbreak out ako dun - found out it has silicones. Also tried Shiseido pero di ko hiyang breakout galore.

Natry ko na din yung Cetaphil daylong na sunblock na gel type. Okay naman  siya, no break outs but it feels heavy.

Sa ngayon, dont want to try expensive brands - hirap ko kasi hanapan ng okay sayang naman pag di hiyang..

try belo sis ang dami din sa forum na to na okay sa belo mura pa kung indoor lang naman


happynlove

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #299 on: October 12, 2015, 02:29:45 pm »
Ako din sis nakailang try na ng sunblock. May natry akong cetaphil dati pero ang init sa pakiramdam. Yung Belo okay nga din siya,ginagamit ko lang pag nagbebeach kami. Gusto ko lang kasi magingg sure dahil sayang naman ang tret kung hindi hiyang sa sunblock. & laging gel ang recommendation ng derma kasi. Yung neutrogena hydro boost - moisturizer pero may spf 30, okay kaya? Si vmv kasi marami ding rave sa blog. Ang hirap ng sensitive.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close