watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 6  (Read 161244 times)

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2015, 11:12:44 pm »
Oh, it's sold out everywhere? I bought it at Watson's inside our office (exclusive to us hehe). Actually, I'd say medyo old stock na yun, manufactured 2013 and expiring May 2016. But that's the only batch they have daw as of the moment. Feeling ko I wouldn't even use up half of it by then. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2015, 11:42:53 pm »
^Hahah yes Ive checked several Watsons and the didn't have it! I saw in one of your posts you use Lotion P50 and Glycolic acid too. So if the P50 isn't a substitute for the glycolic acid even with all the exfoliants? Where and how do you incorporate you Estee Lauder ANR?

Ive been trying to incorporate Vitamin C serum in my AM routine but I always forget since I store it in the ref. Sometimes I use glycolic in the AM but it makes me feel oily sometimes. So I was thinking of replacing the glycolic with Lotion P50, since its more like a toner right?

I LOVE Estee Lauder ANR but I dont know where to add this anymore in my routine hahah And between tretinoin and ANR, Id rather do tretinoin since it is more scientific backing.

Whaaaaaa I have too many things I want to put on my face, and I only get to put them on on my rest nights from tretinoin. But sometimes my face is too flaky to put anything on except for a plain moisturizer/

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2015, 01:46:41 pm »
^Hi sis Chili1113, I've actually just started, as in I've only used Stieva-A once pa lang hihi.

But where does tretinoin fit into my skincare regimen?  I double cleanse then I use the lotion P50. When I used the Stieva-A, I just topped it off with my Estee Lauder serum, then my Bobbi Brown hydrating cream/moisturizer.

Prior to going back to tretinoin, my recently-acquired regimen was: double cleanse, lotion P50, Estee Lauder ANR serum, then the Alpha-H liquid gold rejuvenating cream (5% glycolic acid). Eventually, I'll "insert" the tretinoin in between the P50 and the serum. :) I just might do that starting tonight hehe. My glycolic acid comes in cream and 5% lang naman siya.

As the experts say, they all work differently, so I don't think one step or product is duplicating something naman. :) Ganun din naman nung nagpapaderma ako, may bigay sa aking toner, then clindamycin, then tretinoin, then moisturizer at kung ano ano pa. Hehe. And btw, Estee lauder ANR is scientifically backed din naman, they even have a patent for the technology of their formula. ;)

In the morning, I only use a gentle cleanser, then moisturizer and sunblock. I don't intend to use tretinoin during the day. :)

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2015, 06:26:31 pm »
Yes finally! I was able to get a tube at a Mercury drug in Bulacan (haha!) I think it's best to check the more "off-beat" branches. You can call naman para Hindi hit-and-miss.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2015, 09:54:57 pm »
roxyhart: Thanks so much for sharing your regimen!! I am just worried about layering products together since some actives deactivate the other actives. From what Ive gathered though tretinoin can definitely be paired with niacinamide containing products but not with strong AHAs, L Ascorbic Acid, and peptides. Peptides and glycolic acid cannot be used together too.

I wanna order P50!!! But I honestly dont know where to fit it in haha. But I certainly could use it in the AM. Ill research if I can pair it with my Vit. C Serum.

vainmom

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2015, 10:00:59 pm »
mga sis,ano yung p50?

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2015, 11:35:22 pm »
@vainmom - Oops, sorry sis, it's OT here. Pls just check the Biologique Recherche thread here or kindly google it up na lang :)

@Chili1113 - Used my tretinoin for the second time tonight. I put my ANR serum na lang on top of it (after an hour or so). For now, I might rotate tretinoin with my glycolic-acid-based cream na lang muna, every other night until I've fully acclimatized to both :) But the P50, the serum, a more gentle moisturizer, I'll definitely be usung those every night :)

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2015, 01:04:08 am »
^ What moisturizer do you sis?

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2015, 01:05:59 am »
^sis roxyhart, i wanna have your same regimen. Double cleanse, tapos toner and glyco and tret... Waaaah ang dami. Di ko alam san magstart. I wanna use neostrata kaso not available everywhere, so i might go VMV re-everything line na lang kaso naguguluhan pako which one to get. Hay ang hirap magpaganda.

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #249 on: August 16, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »
It's my 3rd day on stieva A .025%. I've yet to see improvements.. could it be that it's too weak for me? There's no sting at all when I use it, esp with just my cetaphil and physiogel IC. my whiteheads also returned-- I'm not sure if it's because of the physiogel or  my new sunblock (sun play)

I will try with mediherb soap (with AHA) at night to pump up stievas potency (as I read here) Hopefully that will do the trick! but is there another form of AHA that you can recommend? Maybe in moisturizing toner form? Baka kasi my skin needs toner.


Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #250 on: August 16, 2015, 11:57:21 pm »
^You've only used the tret for 3 days. It takes time. Take it easy on the tret, you wont feel a sting or anything but all of a sudden youll start peeling. =)

Thats the negative thing about tret. Even after 8 years of using it, every now and then I still peel all of a sudden and go through really ugly stages were I look 10 years older because of the tret irritation. If I stop using it, my skin sorta misses it. The only reason why I am being aggressive with my tret now is because I am getting married next year and I want to fade my freckles. Otherwise, I prefer to just use tret only 2x a week. I hate the peeling, the redness, and the waxy look on the skin after Ive peeled.

Use lots of sunblock. If you dont, you'll be doing more damage than good to your skin while youre on tret.


pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2015, 11:19:16 am »
It's been two months that i've been using Stieva A .025% and i also think that it is weak for me. For the last month I have been using it almost everyday but I have not noticed any peeling kung meron man hindi ko siguro nahahalata since i seldom use powder/foundation. Uubusin ko na lang siguro itong tube then i'll switch to Retin A .05%. I'm also thinking of using olay in the morning  since it has niacinamide but I don't know which one to use since olay has lots of variants and almost all has niacinamide.

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2015, 01:01:54 pm »
^^thanks sis. natakot naman ako sa sudden peeling! I have a wedding to attend in two weeks and I don't want them seeing me waxy and peeling. I just might cut down on the tret for a while until after the event and then full on na.

I tried double cleansing last night, cetaphil first and then mediherb soap and it did the trick, whiteheads are gone! It could just be that I'm not cleaning my face thoroughly off sunblock. I work at home and don't use make up so I have this notion of a "clean" face kahit at night. I will try alternating cetaphil + mediherb and coco oil + cetaphil at night kasi the soap can be very drying.


Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2015, 01:29:06 pm »
^nako! Yes good idea to go easy on the tret until after the wedding nga hehe If not baka nga it might be peeling all of a sudden before the wedding. And the flakes are more obvious pa naman with makeup!

Hmmmm People who dont really peel on tret are lucky!! My mom is like that too she doesn't peel, but the effects/benefits are still evident.

And yes double cleansing is a must! I only discovered the advantages of double cleansing late last year and it has made a big difference on my skin! Whaaaaa... I used to use makeup remover wipes and I kept tugging and rubbing my skin which is so bad!!! Using a rinse off cleansing oil is so much better!! I takes out all my sunscreen and even waterproof mascara in a jiffy.

Super expensive lang the Shu Uemura cleansing oil so I bought lots of cheaper Biore cleansing oil in Japan. But I saw last week in Watsons that Neutrogena already sells cleansing oil. I think around P750 for a 200ml bottle. Im so in love with cleansing oil!!

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2015, 02:53:35 pm »
^
Medyo ot. Ask ko lang on double cleanse.  Sa case ko kasi VMV sunblock and st. ives moisturizer lang ang madalas kung gamitin. Ang cleanser naman na ginagamit ko ay yung pink neutrogena deep clean. Do you think i still need to double cleanse?

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2015, 04:23:44 pm »
I'm still browsing up on double cleansing on a practical level, it makes so much sense nga no! Like how you'd clean a table top with bad crusty dirt: oil to dislodge and then rise off. Tada!

I should have practiced this year's ago pa (and tret esp!) my skin is combi with lots of whiteheads and I find this method very thorough without drying my skin. I'm counting on this to counter the drying effect of tret.

I'll try the natural oils first Baka bagay naman sa skin ko. Yeah nga, I looked around and cleansing oils are expensive (for me cos I'm a big cheapo haha!)

I'm hoping to establish a skin routine like:
Double cleanse
Tret
Serum
Moisturize

And then morning just gentle cleanser and moisturuzer and spf

My main goal is skin I can show off without makeup!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2015, 03:14:03 am »
^
Medyo ot. Ask ko lang on double cleanse.  Sa case ko kasi VMV sunblock and st. ives moisturizer lang ang madalas kung gamitin. Ang cleanser naman na ginagamit ko ay yung pink neutrogena deep clean. Do you think i still need to double cleanse?

SORRY OT

If youre sunblock is water-resistant then double cleansing always still helps =)  I always use cleansing oil as long as I wear sunblock/foundation. I noticed it really lessened my breakouts so much!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:23:29 am by Chili1113 »

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2015, 09:41:09 am »
^
Thank you. From now on i'll double cleanse na even if i'm not wearing foundie. :) Actually I already bought DHC cleansing oil since i started using tret and read about double cleanse, but i only use it when i use foundation/powder , anyway i'll start using this everyday from now on. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2015, 12:31:17 pm »
^Where did you buy your DHC? Do they sell it here in Manila? For now I only use cheapie Jap drugstore oils like Biore and Kose Softymo. =) But I really want to try DHC because it is olive oil based and more high end, but not as expensive as Shu.

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2015, 01:00:07 pm »
^
Sa online shop na japanichi sis :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close