watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 6  (Read 160917 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2015, 11:27:59 am »
Just came back from a week long trip to Japan wherein I had forgotten to bring my tretinoin with me. I sorta broke out which is not unusual for my sensitive skin whenever I travel and experience a climate change.

I was so tempted to buy all these fancy moisturizers namely SKII  which is cheaper there. I was so glad I didn't since I am usually allergic. I got back and started using my tretinoin and I can see the immediate difference in my skin!! LOL I guess my skin was missing and thirsty for tretinoin.

ainturordinarygurl

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2015, 06:45:40 am »
Hi guys!
I just consulted a dermatologist around 2 weeks ago.
I'm experiencing acne vulgaris as per doctor's diagnosis since I only experience this 3 years ago when I was 26 years old. It is not worse as it seems but left dark and reddish marks on my face after the pimples healed.
I was prescribed with diff.products from face wash to vitamins
 Now, i was using a TRETINOIN cream 0.025%(350 PESOS,no brand, i think gawa nila yun eh) and vitamins called ACES(18pesos per gel capsule) which I bought both from that dermatologist.
AS of now, it is working well. Hopefully spots will fade away. Nasa stage na siya ng peeling tpos I noticed ngllighten na siya.

ainturordinarygurl

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2015, 06:57:32 am »
I'm using Myra E Vita White pa naman ..Msama ba pg mei whitening yung moisturizer? I use tret cream every day.
its my 7th PM application of Derm A 0.05%. Daily ko sya ginagamit. 3rd day palang feeling ko lumabas mga small pimples pero hinde nama ako acne prone so 4th day wala na. Ngayon tightness and itchyness lang ang reklamo ko so I often wash it with water at nakaka soothe naman tapos moisturizer ulit. my skin is a bit red and not glowing pa..its really dull but it feels smooth. I use moisture plus yung kasamang moisturizer and I can say ok sya. Use a plain moisturizer wag scented, whitening etc.. ALWAYS wear a wide brimmed hat, hinde lang sya pang beach..its not only fashionable but also good for the skin esp when using tretinoin. I mainly want to use it for anti aging. but right now it feels like I have a sunburn.. :(

patriciaheart

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2015, 12:53:53 pm »
^Wala naman prob sakin whitening kasi gamit ko rin Ponds age defense and age miracle, both may konting whitening pero gusto ko sila gamitin kasi emmolient tlaga hinde nag fflake yung skin ko at most important hinde sya nag ssting at itchy upon application plus may spf. I think ok naman si yang Myra E kasi marami vitamins sya for the new skin. Basta hinde nag ssting ok sakin, malalaman mo kasi kung matapang pala ang cream pag nag noon wlang sting pero now na ang tret ka grabe sting sa balat.

happynlove

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2015, 10:34:41 pm »
I experience peeling when applying on the folds of my nose and sides of the mouth so be careful not to apply on those areas. By the way, 3 weeks akong nagstop ng tret. while I was on tret, pag gising ko sa morning super oily ng feeling ko. I apply moisturizer first before tret. Then nung hindi na ko nagttret, even when I apply moisturizer at night, hindi oily feeling. Observation ko lang naman yan :)

ainturordinarygurl

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2015, 02:16:32 am »
Why would you put a moisturizer before applying tret cream? Ako kasi I wash my face and put a toner tpos apply ko n [textspeak!] cream.
I experience peeling when applying on the folds of my nose and sides of the mouth so be careful not to apply on those areas. By the way, 3 weeks akong nagstop ng tret. while I was on tret, pag gising ko sa morning super oily ng feeling ko. I apply moisturizer first before tret. Then nung hindi na ko nagttret, even when I apply moisturizer at night, hindi oily feeling. Observation ko lang naman yan :)

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2015, 04:56:11 am »
^ I do this too. Some of us can't tolerate how dry tretinoin can make our skin. Some put moisturizer after tretinoin cream, some before tretinoin. As long as you space it out, I don't think there's a problem.

ilovejdy

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2015, 08:05:01 am »
Sis rae... What moisturizer do you use na may niacinamide? I am searching for one kasi. Thanks.

I have stieva ...pero hindi ako masipag gumamit. I might try this again now that my facial skin is super nipis na.

Btw May noticeable effects ba tret sa wrinkles na mababaw palang?

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2015, 08:17:59 am »
Sis rae... What moisturizer do you use na may niacinamide? I am searching for one kasi. Thanks.
Btw May noticeable effects ba tret sa wrinkles na mababaw palang?

^ I used to use only Olay White Radiance Cellucent serum. Yung may dropper. Parang thin moisturizer sya.

Ngayon I alternate between Olay and Andalou Naturals Turmeric +C serum (na may sunflower oil). Parang thin moisturizer din yung latter.

I'm not sure if it can totally reverse fine lines. All I can say is, when I started, I was 28, I don't have that many fine lines. I'm 32 in 3 months and I think hindi nadagdagan yung lines, and naging shallower naman yung fine lines on my forehead and under my eyes.

Ang walang significant difference is the line between my brows, I have poor eyesight kasi so sometimes I can't help squinting kahit wala namang nagagawa to see better :P Siguro for deeper lines caused by facial expressions like deeper laugh lines and frown lines, di magiging ganun kasignficant yung effect in a short period of time.

happynlove

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2015, 01:42:29 am »
I put moisturizer para hindi muna masyadong matapang yung tret. First time user kasi ko so I need to know the effects before using it alone. I have already used it without moisturizer, and better talaga na meron, at least for my skin.

OD

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2015, 02:00:38 pm »
The trick with using tretinoin is to sit it out for a day or two if you find the skin reacting too harshly. By harshly, it means there is redness, stinging sensation and itchiness. For the first time users and those who havent undergone any chemical-based peeling procedure or have not used exfoliants like AHA, BHA, it is recommended to start with the lowest concentration and use only the indicated pea-sized amount.

baby.girl

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2015, 12:28:16 am »
I was a tretinoin baby, by that I mean I started using it way back in college. I did not really experience any of those stinging sensation or itchiness that I regularly read about.  I can say that it is really effective in controlling acne breakouts, and my skin just appears healthier, just a bit dry.

Now that I have reached the big 3-0. I believe the best product to use is moisturiser kasi lasers cannot go with tretinoin or any product that involves peeling.  At this age, I do need extra help compared to when i was in my youth.

To first timer users, start with .025% and alternate with moisturiser.  Use din dove unscented or cetaphil wash in the morning para hindi drying.

cecilydee

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2015, 08:25:59 am »
I ran out of my stieva .50% so I saw this eRAse tretinoin in supermarket with 250mcg. I thought this is the equivalent of stieva .25%? (Correct me if im wrong) 

So what I did is: wash with purity cleanser, dab with clinique clarifying lotion #2, put clinique moisture surge mask then wait for 30mins to apply eRAse tret.

In 2 days my gosh nagwala ang skin ko sa jawline...4 cystic acne on the right and 3 sa left. Right side hurts medyo malaki [textspeak!] isang acne. Ugh. I think i over exfoliate it with the clinique toner dahil i read that it contains alcohol. Plus feeling ko ang tapang ng eRAse...Now i never dared to use this eRAse ever again not until this cystic acne subsides. Btw nangati rin face ko with my regimen. i ditched the toner and eRAse and retain nalang the clinique moisture surge mask. Hope it heals fast...

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2015, 01:20:16 pm »
^ Hirap with tretinoin in liquid form, I think all of it is dispensed all at once on the skin, unlike if cream-type, I think the drug is dispensed a little slower minimizing irritation.

cecilydee

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2015, 04:33:26 pm »
^true. I thought my skin can handle it given that i put moisturizer first. I didnt realize din na baka napasobra dahil nga roll on ang eRAse. But i will never dare to use it muna until i feel my skin is completely healed..

thesoloist

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2015, 10:13:53 pm »
I bought maxipeel #1 today. 0.01% lang sya. Para sana sa whiteheads ko sa face and to even out my skin tone. Ok na kaya yung ganitong concentration or is it too low? May effect ba to or dapat no. 2 na binili ko which is 0.025%?

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2015, 01:13:29 am »
Yung numbers sa maxipeel pertains to the concentration of hydroquinone, not tretinoin.

All of the 3 variants have 250mcg of tretinoin = .025%

If nagswitch ka from #1 to #2, all it's going to do is make your skin lighter which could even out your skin tone, but that would depend on whether you break out and you end up with more acne scars.

berrycherry

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2015, 12:30:20 am »
what is the biggest size of retin-a and how much? tnx

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2015, 02:46:28 pm »
^I am usually a Stieva A user. But then recently tried switching to Retin A. I noticed retin A is less moisturizing and has a stronger smell than Stieva A. I didn't purge either. I am back to using Stieva A since I only use .025% while Retin A comes in .05% and .1%

But if you ask me, I prefer Retin A over the Stieva A .05% because I feel it penetrates more because it is less moisturizing as I like using separate moisturizer. I plan to use Retin A .05% after summer and in preparation for my wedding in 2016.

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2015, 10:26:20 pm »
Yung numbers sa maxipeel pertains to the concentration of hydroquinone, not tretinoin.

All of the 3 variants have 250mcg of tretinoin = .025%

If nagswitch ka from #1 to #2, all it's going to do is make your skin lighter which could even out your skin tone, but that would depend on whether you break out and you end up with more acne scars.
I have to correct this. Hydroquinone in Maxi Peel 1 to 3 would be 2%, while tretinoin increases as the Maxi Peel Number increases. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close