sis aquacharly, I'm the one who labeled sis mooncakes and leaves' comment as a very womanly viewpoint so I guess you're referring to me with that comment of yours. I never want to put it that way. I'm not here to insult or downplay anyone. I'm here to share my views on how women can make their marriages work and how they can better understand men. if you do not agree to my opinion that's fine. just don't take it wrongly. I can sense you're intelligent so I guess it wouldn't be hard if you'd be open-minded, too. if you can't, it's okay. I still admire you for being a woman. God bless.
Saw this just now.
NO, I wasn't referring to you.
I actually didn't get to read your post before mine got posted. I usually do not get to read posts that come after the 1 I respond to because I generally don't finish my posts in 1 go -- --- it goes "pending" while I attend to business matters, family matters or even a tv show. ( I always get that notice: your session has expired, please re-post... )

.
So,
I just read your post now, not before I expressed appreciation for MOONCAKE & LEAVES' positioning on cheating.
So there, whatever other's opinion is to her take on it, I deem it valid & useful.
BUT it doesn't mean that NOW, AFTER reading your post -- I cannot similarly appreciate/resonate with your opinions.
There are points you raised that I deem valid/useful too.
That is the beauty in the polarity of positions/opinions in this anonymous forum -- the focus is just on the printed words, no distractions from "the medium is the message" stuff.
So, speaking for myself -- my perspective & understanding expands due to the validity in the polarities.
I likewise valued your way of presenting your opinions/beliefs. Dispassionate, direct & with the orderly build up of logic.. Hahaha, therein I usually flounder: with distraction, hang-over from hurtful experiences, and playful semantics. In short, I valued your thorough post. Thank you for sharing.
I may appreciate being thought of as intelligent , but does it matter nor have value in all this anonymity?
Does it matter if others who know me not regard me as being open-minded?
All I care for is that the anonymity here is enjoyable, and allows for flexibility/open-mindedness.
In my real world, I gotta hew to a certain mold/reasonable expectations -- Life!, it is what it is.
I enjoy this forum: we can discuss, agree and/or disagree and not take it personally. Such freedom!

1 of your opinions that resonated with me (sooo valid): Men cheat because they think they can get away with it, and there are women out there willing to conspire or play footsies with them.
True. 1 frequent statement from cheating friends/relatives, goes something like this: The opportunity was there, I just seized it (oh, such a male reaction nga)... Nagpapatuka eh di, sige! (Susko)
May I add recent advice given by a senior colleague shared at a social event recently, I found funny & valid.
He said to us, the younger group of mixed gender: Hwag kayo magkakaroon ng Second Kitchen. Your cheating will get more complicated if you allow a Second Kitchen in your life. More expenses, more of your time demanded. You will get fat, and put yourself at risk more for bangungot. You will eat at the Second Kitchen. Then go home; and need to eat at your First Kitchen, to avoid suspicion, hard questions & lie-ing. The 2 kitchens will become the tug-of-war that will unravel your best laid out plans of cheating & compartmentalizing your life.
Lol
Going back to CABBAGEPATCH: whatever her hard decisions led to, whatever adjustments in her positioning she may have done -- I hope & pray she remains "in a place" where she is taking good care of herself, in all aspects.