watch now

Author Topic: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)  (Read 51453 times)

nettiebelle

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2014, 03:57:52 pm »
Re:Constantine, aww, sad naman at possible pang macancel tong series na to  :( Yup, Constantine's accent is expected to be that way because the original setting/main character is at/from UK yata based on what I read. Anyway, will enjoy this series till it last  :( Picky pa naman ako sa mga series. Pag nagkataon, True Detective na naman ang nagiisang series na susubaybayan ko :/

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2014, 05:02:04 pm »
^Salamat sa spoiler, Mindy ha? Hahahaha!

Wait, so are The Missing and The Game short series lang? Wala silang season 2?

You're welcome! Hehe!

No word yet on Season 2 coz this Nov lang sila nag start for both. 8 episodes pala yung sa The Missing. 6 sa The Game. Ganun talaga pag Brit shows, maikli.

fredprinz

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2014, 08:09:20 pm »
Sige, I'm downloading the torrents now.

By the way, what other UK TV shows can you recommend? I don't want comedies, I prefer espionage-y or action series.

Have you seen the UK show, Hunted? That was awesome!

You're welcome! Hehe!

No word yet on Season 2 coz this Nov lang sila nag start for both. 8 episodes pala yung sa The Missing. 6 sa The Game. Ganun talaga pag Brit shows, maikli.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2014, 09:17:45 pm »
^UK shows I love:

1. Sherlock
2. Top of the Lake
3. Broadchurch

I watched partial palang nitong mga to pero so far maganda sila: Penny Dreadful and The Hollow Crown. Mahirap panuorin si The Hollow Crown talaga. Kelangan focused ka not only sa story pati sa dialogue. Eto lang series na may subtitles ako nilagay haha

Still watching SoA. I am on Season 6 na. Dahil sa kaka-marathon ko nito, yung ibang shows na inaabangan ko weekly napapabayaan ko na.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2014, 09:01:09 am »
^^ Would recommend Broadchurch too. If you're watching Gracepoint, the American version airing now, miles better yung Broadchurch.

Try The Honourable Woman as well. It's political/spy drama. Also try The Shadow Line, crime drama. The show is created by the same person.

I'm watching The Fall Season 2 right now. It was UK's top rating show last year (Season 1). crime drama sya. Stars Gillian Anderson (British sya dito).

The thing with Brit shows, para slow burning siya. And parang nakaka-antok yung feel ng show. Wala kasi masyadong pa-effect and echos. Pero it has more substance than US TV. These shows I've mentioned, ang gagaling ng build up. Pataas ng pataas ang momentum. My fave from the lot is The Honourable Woman. I was watching that sabay ng gulo sa Gaza last July and it was so timely. Medyo mas naintindihan ko both yung gulo in real life and in the TV series, madali kong narelate.  ;D

Yes, I saw Hunted last year. Maganda nga rin yun. There are plans to remake that for US TV yata, but parang wala ng balita now.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2014, 01:29:24 pm »
^I didn't know my Season 2 na ng The Fall. I watched that show, didn't liked it as much as Broadchurch. Di ko kasi gusto umarte talaga si Jamie Dornan kahit serial killer pa siya dun haha

fredprinz

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #286 on: November 29, 2014, 06:44:57 pm »
Wow, I'll download these shows now!

Thank you! If you're not committed, marry me!

I suggest you guys watch Power, a US TV show produced by 50 Cent. So far, OK siya sa'ken.

^^ Would recommend Broadchurch too. If you're watching Gracepoint, the American version airing now, miles better yung Broadchurch.

Try The Honourable Woman as well. It's political/spy drama. Also try The Shadow Line, crime drama. The show is created by the same person.

I'm watching The Fall Season 2 right now. It was UK's top rating show last year (Season 1). crime drama sya. Stars Gillian Anderson (British sya dito).

The thing with Brit shows, para slow burning siya. And parang nakaka-antok yung feel ng show. Wala kasi masyadong pa-effect and echos. Pero it has more substance than US TV. These shows I've mentioned, ang gagaling ng build up. Pataas ng pataas ang momentum. My fave from the lot is The Honourable Woman. I was watching that sabay ng gulo sa Gaza last July and it was so timely. Medyo mas naintindihan ko both yung gulo in real life and in the TV series, madali kong narelate.  ;D

Yes, I saw Hunted last year. Maganda nga rin yun. There are plans to remake that for US TV yata, but parang wala ng balita now.

rastagurl11

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2014, 03:18:13 pm »
UAAP S77 women's volleyball. Sa wakas, may mapapanood na ulit sa local shows.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2014, 06:14:18 pm »
Thank you! If you're not committed, marry me!

Haha! Thanks. But I am already committed to The Good Wife. I will make babies with that show! That's how much I'm into it!

@Heatherette, yup, The Fall is back. And medyo bwisit na si Paul Spector kay Stella. Tsaka weird na rin yung babysitter. I had a hard time following the show in the beginning rin. But I rewatched S1 last July and set aside my biases. I think mas gusto ko na yung projection ng kwento this S2 kasi si Stella na pinupuntirya ni Spector. ☺
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:40:18 am by Mindy »

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2014, 07:52:52 pm »
^Oh that's nice! Maganda na target si Stella haha Sige na nga, will give chance to this show haha

I am on Season 7 ng SoA. Hinahabol ko ang Dec. 2 for the 12th episode.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #290 on: December 04, 2014, 01:21:51 pm »
^ Yes it is. One of the best new shows this season.  ;)

Watched the premiere of Girlfriends Guide To Divorce yesterday and I like the theme of the story. I can probably describe it as similar to Sex and the City, but with 40something women na divorcees. I will watch the next episode again, definitely.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #291 on: December 05, 2014, 10:09:51 pm »
Nakahabol ako sa SoA. Saktong natapos ko ang episode 11 nung Tues haha so nakanuod ako ng episode 12 sabay sa US.

Ang mina-marathon ko naman ngayon Breaking Bad :)

Wheives

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #292 on: December 07, 2014, 03:58:53 pm »
Orange is the new black second season

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #293 on: December 19, 2014, 10:03:44 pm »
Since most of the series I'm watching are on holiday break, I am now doing a marathon of Murder in the First. Naaliw ako kasi sa HTGAWM, may Harry Potter cast. Dito naman, si Draco Malfoy. Liking the show so far.

buchakikay

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #294 on: December 19, 2014, 11:09:17 pm »
Hi mga sis! Kaadikan ko ngayon na tv show/series yung SUITS. Ang gwapo kasi ni Harvey Specter! Nashare ko lang po sa inyo. hehe :)

panda_wifey

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #295 on: December 20, 2014, 12:56:13 am »
2 broke girls, laid back lang, feel good show and I have a Girl Crush on Kat Dennings.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #296 on: December 20, 2014, 02:19:56 pm »
Currently watching the Marco Polo (Netflix released show last Dec 12). Bad reviews from critics. Parang nasayang daw yung $90 Million budget, but after watching it, it isn't as bad as the reviews, I gather. I'm almost done with the show (10 episodes, first season). It is really visually superior, galing ng costume and production design. Acting hindi masyado effective, but pwede na. Would also have preferred this show to be called Mongols vs Chinese. Marco Polo's not exactly the central character, parang utusan lang hehe. Don't go in expecting this is like Game of Thrones, coz that's what it is being compared to, because it is not GoT at all, ibang iba. More like Spartacus pa siya.

Also watched Black Mirror's Christmas special: White Christmas. If anyone's looking for a different kind of TV show, check this out. The Christmas special is 90 minutes long, that makes up the whole of third season.  It stars Jon Hamm (Mad Men) but it is a UK show. Twilight Zone of the digital age is how it is described. Really enjoyed the story for this. It's an anthology, btw, so you can watch any of the episodes from its past season independently.

Also watched Ascension mini-series, from SyFy. 6 hours show....Not exactly wow, medyo lame ang science, but pwede na pagtiyagaan since wala naman masyadong shows ngayon coz of the holiday hiatus.

Right now also following Ground Floor and Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce pa rin, until the regular shows return in Jan. Girlfriends Guide, by the way, can be viewed on Youtube, legally,  - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfvfijDgY6KuSBVVR29viow

Merry Christmas! :)

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #297 on: December 20, 2014, 04:44:04 pm »
I have The Leftovers, The Missing, Homeland (Season 4), a couple of episodes of The Affair lined up for Christmas vacation lol Naubos kasi oras ko kaka-marathon ng SoA and now Breaking Bad (currently on S04E09).

---

I finished Breaking Bad yesterday so I'm catching up with Season 4 of Homeland then isusunod ko si The Leftovers.

---

Finished my marathon of Homeland's Season 4 yesterday then I started with The Leftovers. Wala ako maisip tungkol sa mga nangyayari sa show na to lol

---

Done with The Leftovers. Nagustuhan ko siya kasi sobrang confused ako sa mga pangyayari lol Next naman yung Season 2 ng Rectify.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:03:29 am by Heatherette »

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #298 on: December 27, 2014, 08:18:59 am »
Binge-watched the full season of Mozart in the Jungle (released on Amazon Prime last Dec. 23) Christmas night. 10 episodes, 30 minutes each, hindi ko namalayan tapos ko na. Not exactly award-worthy, but it's something different (about an orchestra conductor and musicians) and it's quirky, so okay na rin. ;D

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching (Thread 3)
« Reply #299 on: December 27, 2014, 11:34:42 pm »
I watched Season 2 of The Fall instead of Rectify. I kept an open mind since I didn't like the pacing and Jamie Dornan's acting on the first season. As for the 2nd season, yup, still didn't like it. Sobrang slow-paced nung series for me and I've seen far more slower paced series pero eto talaga sapilitan ko nalang tinapos. I still hate JD's acting lol

---

Done with The Affair.

Side note: Am I the only one bothered by Dominic West's hair? LOL
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:29:00 pm by Heatherette »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close