Author Topic: Engagement ring...  (Read 116523 times)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2015, 03:29:25 am »
legatosummers, I'm partial to the quality of the stone rather than the size so both of those seem expensive to me. Confirm ko lang, you are decided to sacrifice that? Madami kasi ako nakita na ganon they look like CZ na and not diamond..

Chili1113, hehe yes mahal nga yan kasi the quotations are just for the stone. In other jeweler stores, the quote already includes the band (solitaire) for those prices.

I was the one inquiring from Meicel :) Price is about 36k for a 0.3 ct solitaire VVS1 G in 14k gold. They're the most affordable so far and their craftmanship is good.

Were you able to check a lot of products from AMI? I saw them in a bridal fair one time and saw discoloration and poor craftmanship in some of their wedding rings kasi. Not sure if they're better now but I hope so!


weddingbelle, since you've been crying and arguing with your fiance about it, I suggest you get a bigger stone. Or choose a solution and I hope you get to see the bigger picture that you're getting married to the man of  your dreams.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2015, 04:07:11 am »
j.adore: Sorry!! I got confused and mixed up Matus and Meicer. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Edited my previous post too to make the correction.

As for AMI... to be honest I haven't been able to check many of their items. But my bro got my SIL's e-ring, and their wedding rings done there, and the rings were really good. However their rings are custom, and the stones were picked out individually before setting. So far kasi they have given me the best price for the wedding ring I am planning to have made. PLEASE let me know sis if there are any trustworthy jewelers you know with good prices.

weddingbelle: awwww I am sorry you feel that way about your ring! I really don't think that it is any man's intention to disappoint the girl he is about to propose marriage to by giving her a ring he knows would not meet her expectations. Perhaps in your fiance's mind he was buying what he thought would be something to your liking, at a cost that he was comfortable with. The only time I would personally feel bad is if the guy was spending a lot on himself with luxuries like expensive watches, etc. then I wouldnt feel bad if the guy was simply setting aside money for your future together.

Iba kasi when the guy spends so generously on himself for his personal luho, yet doesnt shower the same generosity towards his partner. That's a different story na kasi. And thankfully, that doesn't seem to be the case with you and your fiance.

I hope you feel better weddingbelle! And don't worry sis, you can always upgrade in the future when you are more financially established as a couple!! You can still keep your original e-ring for sentimental reasons, and then have your dream ring later on given by hubby of course!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:12:20 am by Chili1113 »

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2015, 05:49:28 am »
See if you might like Luvi Jewelry (can be found in IG and FB too)☺ siya common jeweler in the circle. Trustworthy as in some give her stones only then she would set them.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2015, 06:50:03 am »
^Wow, i loveee their page! Gorgeous settings and puro huge center stones! heehee! Nakakatuwa magbrowse! :P Just saw about two of my acquaintances there too siya pala jeweler nila. Mas kampante ako na ok sila. Also, puro chinese their clients so im guessing medyo high-end jeweler sila?
Thanks so much, good option to in case i dont like the ones our jeweler will have. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2015, 10:58:33 am »
Thanks j.adore!! Love the page of Luvi Jewelry! Plus ang dami pala namin common friends ni Geraldine Tieng. I sent her na a message re my re-setting needs hehe Thanks again

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2015, 01:17:42 pm »
^Thanks for the pm, i almost slipped off my chair from reading the wedding band quotations. Huhu. I may have to rethink that half-eternity. Or just resort to using small stones. I don't want it to cost like another e-ring :( Plus, super dangerous na to have that much value on one finger. Hehe

Sis, since you also have a big e-ring, I think smaller stones for the eternity would look great with it. My fiance gave me a full eternity with small stones and I like how dainty and pretty it looks with my e-ring. It perfectly complements the e-ring in my opinion. And don't you want to make the half eternity to full eternity? :) Although mum would tell me not to get full eternity kasi mabubugbog lang and baka matanggal stones, my fiance keeps telling me that a half eternity is not "eternity". Hehe.

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2015, 03:10:34 pm »
Knew you guys would like😉 they make different pieces but the ones posted are usually her seasonal designs.
Price is reasonable for the quality of metal and workmanship but definitely not the lowest around.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2015, 06:47:04 pm »
Knew you guys would like😉 they make different pieces but the ones posted are usually her seasonal designs.
Price is reasonable for the quality of metal and workmanship but definitely not the lowest around.

Sis I am ok with not having the lowest price around as long as super trustworthy!!  Kaysa cheap tapos you risk buying  fakes, or risk that your stones will be changed to lower quality ones. Thanks J.adore for the reco!

Has anyone tried looking for wedding bands in HK?? I am thinking it might be cheaper to buy ready-made bands there. OR in the jewelry fair in Bangkok?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:49:31 pm by Chili1113 »

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2015, 09:39:29 pm »
Question po.. How to wear promise, engagement and wedding ring.. Pero iba iba po design nila. Thanks..

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2015, 12:21:57 am »
maukris, it depends kung pano sila nagkakaiba. As in different width of the band? Do you have photos? Others stack rings with different designs and they look good naman.

NP Chili1113! Jewelry in HK is indeed cheaper and they do have some wedding bands.

blueberry14

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2015, 01:30:02 am »
Hi j.adore!

saan okay bumili ng e-ring sa HK? My bf and I will be having our 6th anniversary there this june so I'm doing a research kung saan ok bumili doon. I made it clear to him na ako pipili ng engagement ring ko para walang disappointment. He just gave me his max budget. Hahah.

Sana may masuggest kayo san mas cheap sa HK bumili. Thanks!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2015, 01:51:04 am »
Sis, since you also have a big e-ring, I think smaller stones for the eternity would look great with it. My fiance gave me a full eternity with small stones and I like how dainty and pretty it looks with my e-ring. It perfectly complements the e-ring in my opinion. And don't you want to make the half eternity to full eternity? :) Although mum would tell me not to get full eternity kasi mabubugbog lang and baka matanggal stones, my fiance keeps telling me that a half eternity is not "eternity". Hehe.

Hi sis, yes im one of those people who are not considering a full eternity since i don't want mawala yung mga stones sa ilalim...also it would only add to the cost of the ring. Kung ganon lang din i would rather have kasi bigger/ better stones for the half-eternity than a full eternity hehe. Not sure pa what size we are looking at now for the wedding band stones but i will likely have them match the ones on my e-ring or a bit bigger. Scheduled a visit to the jeweler next week so we'll see :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2015, 09:20:09 am »
maukris, it depends kung pano sila nagkakaiba. As in different width of the band? Do you have photos? Others stack rings with different designs and they look good naman.

NP Chili1113! Jewelry in HK is indeed cheaper and they do have some wedding bands.

Talaga?! Last time I was in HK I wasnt engaged yet so I never bothered to look at wedding bands. I wonder how much it would cost?

I am looking for a half eternity, 5 x .5carat emerald cut, around VS1 J color and up only. I wonder if they have those readily in stock. Here in Manila it has to be custom made and quite expensive.

Someone please let me know if theyve seen a ready made wedding ring like this in HK or within Asia. THANKS!

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2015, 09:29:21 am »
^I've seen an emerald-cut diamond engagement ring in the diamond store here where hubby bought my ring.. and yeah, really pretty and expensive :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2015, 10:16:46 am »
^sis belle_v2g where and how much sis?? =) Heheh super mahal ba?? Sana we find something within a reasonable price.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2015, 10:36:16 am »
^it's around $5000aud for the emerald cut .50 carat diamond e-ring claw setting in 18k gold but I haven't seen a wedding band yet with the same cut. I'll check the prices if I see one so I can give you idea din. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2015, 10:50:32 am »
^it's around $5000aud for the emerald cut .50 carat diamond e-ring claw setting in 18k gold but I haven't seen a wedding band yet with the same cut. I'll check the prices if I see one so I can give you idea din. :)

OMG hahah ang mahal!!! Nasa almost 175k php baka super nice specs? hehe Thanks so so much sis!!! Pinaka mura ko nakita was 200k php pero .4carat stones and J color. Thanks for the info!!

Jailalee

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2015, 11:37:00 am »
Wow, thought I was the only one who's a teeny bit disappointed with my engagement ring. Super glad to have found this thread kasi I was thinking na na ang sama ko naman.

Just to give you an idea, fiance gave me a 0.4 karat stone with a super thin band. Bagay naman sa akin kasi I have really long and thin fingers, and I appreciate his effort kasi we have a kid and he's paying for majority of the expenses kaya money doesn't come easy lately, but still di ba.

Never brought this up with him kasi I don't want to offend him, plus I can tell he feels insecure whenever we have friends who get engaged and have gorgeous rings.  During our prenup nga he was hesitant to have a picture of the ring taken kasi nakakahiya daw, ang liit.  :-[


sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2015, 12:43:58 pm »
Chili, are you looking to have the stones set in an east-west orientation? Blue Nile does a five-stone emerald cut band but they're set north-south. I think you'll definitely have to go custom for stones of that size though -- the BN one is only 2ctw. Your ring will be so gorgeous -- I love emerald cuts :)

Jailalee, I know it's difficult not to compare yourself to your friends, but they're probably not in the same financial situation as you, right? If you have a child and he's paying for most of the wedding expenses then chances are he's made a really responsible choice by spending less on your ring. It sounds like he's really hard on himself about it -- is it possible he's picked up on your feelings?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:57:53 pm by sevenstars »

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2015, 02:56:07 pm »
Jailalee, I understand your sentiments. My fiance gave me a pretty ring but I have a tendency to compare it with my mom's. (Haha.) She has a 0.9 carat that's internally flawless while mine has slight inclusions and it wasn't the cut I initially wanted. I think he also caught on and promised to buy me a better ring after 5 years even if I never said anything either.

The thing is... I don't think I want him to spend that much anymore (unless he makes a killing in the stock market, hehe.) because after all, it's the thought and the effort that counts. When I'm reminded of how many months it took for him to study diamonds and engagement ring settings, my discontent dies down because it was a super sweet gesture for someone who has absolutely zero interest in jewelry.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close