Author Topic: Engagement ring...  (Read 70038 times)

blackgreen

• Super GirlTalker
  • STAY if you're HAPPY, LEAVE if you're NOT.
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2015, 04:30:01 pm »
Thanks mga sis! :) Naliwanagan na ako. Hindi na lang kami mag engagement ring sa ngayun. Sayang.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life - Confucius

caleeice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2015, 04:35:23 pm »
^Yes, sis. Save it for something better --- one which you really like that's worth your money :)

blackgreen

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2015, 04:39:26 pm »
^yup sis. Buti na lang talaga may GT :)
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life - Confucius

blackgreen

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2015, 10:40:22 am »
Sorry mga sis, ang kulit ko lang talaga sa engagement ring. Hahaha.. Meron pinakita Marry Me sa akin Php16k to 20k depende daw sa gusto kong kapal ng ring, 14k white gold 0.13ct diamond. Okay na ba yun price?

sevenstars

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2015, 12:36:03 pm »
Hi blackgreen! It's hard to say if it's a good price since there aren't many diamonds in that size range online for comparison and I don't know the specs of the stone/setting they're offering you.

However, I'd advise asking to see the exact stone you'd be buying in person. I think with a smaller stone it's important to go for maximum sparkle -- I have a 0.17ct pendant that's very delicate but still noticeable because the cut and clarity are excellent.

You should also ask to try it on so you can be sure you'd be happy with the size. If you would want something bigger down the road anyway you might as well save the money and wait. :)

blackgreen

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2015, 12:47:17 pm »
^thanks sis! We'll visit the store next month to see the sample. Pag okay sa kamay ko "maybe" I will go for it, pero ayun nga baka we'll wait na lang next year.

caleeice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2015, 08:33:07 am »
Hi ladies. I started losing weight (intentionally or otherwise due to work-related and wedding-prep stress haha) and now my engagement ring is a bit loose on my left ring finger. I have transferred it temporarily on my right middle finger, but my left ring finger feels naked. There are moments when I slightly panic because I felt like I lost my e-ring!

Do you know any temporary remedy so the ring would fit better? I think I read this here before, but I can't remember what it's called!  ::)

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2015, 08:39:11 am »
hi caleecei, they're called ring snuggies :-)

caleeice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2015, 08:42:04 am »
^Thank you sis! Do you have any idea where I can get those?

f878

• Senior GirlTalker
  • jill of all trades
    • http://countdownto070415.blogspot.com/
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2015, 08:44:12 am »
hi sis caleeice, singit lang ako. :)
sa branches ng true value meron. that's where i got mine kase maluwag din sa left finger ko yung e-ring.

caleeice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2015, 08:50:48 am »
Thank you so much sis!!! :) I don't want to have my e-ring re-sized just yet. I might still lose weight (sana haha) or gain weight after the wedding. Hehe.

lyr3hs

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2015, 10:17:41 am »
Thank you so much sis!!! :) I don't want to have my e-ring re-sized just yet. I might still lose weight (sana haha) or gain weight after the wedding. Hehe.

Hi sis, i think ok lang yung medyo maluwag kesa sobrang sikip. Anong ring size mo sis?

And one thing nanotice ko mga sis, wala yata ko nabasang nagmention sa dito about the most important characteristic of the diamond which is the "cut", best is to get at least a triple "excellent" cut or at least "verygood" with GIA cert to make sure na hnd mgsuffer ang scintillation/sparkle. Parang hindi naman kasi sulit to get a colorless 1carat with a poor cut. We cannot judge the real value of the ring based on the size lang..For me lang naman..

caleeice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2015, 10:33:11 am »
^Yes sis, better maluwag, that's why I don't want to have my e-ring re-sized just yet (unless super lumuwag because I'm aiming to lose more weight and maintain that). I'm going to get the ring snuggies mentioned above to give a temporary solution in the meantime. Hehe. Thank you!

sevenstars

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2015, 10:47:49 am »
caleeice, see also how it fits with your wedding ring -- my engagement ring's also gotten a little loose due to weight loss but for some reason tama lang the size when I'm wearing both rings.

caleeice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2015, 11:10:18 am »
Thanks, sis. I'll do that after the wedding. Hiya ako to ask fiance if I can "borrow" it since he'll tease me that I'm super excited! Haha! ;D In the meantime, I'll try to stack it with my own rings. Pero even my rings are starting to become a little loose as well. 

j.adore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2015, 05:33:05 pm »
My e-ring is also loose and I learned to get the ring snuggies here in GT :-* It needs adjustment period though kasi parang may naipit na bulky thing haha! Tapos it gets dirty after some time (I don't remove when washing my hands kasi) so I had to buy several sets until I got married.
It's not needed anymore when stacked up with the wedding ring :-*

lyr3hs, it's the combination of the cut (how light enters and is reflected) and clarity (impediment to the light).
Color can appear levels higher given an ideal cut diamond with no inclusions. Carat is just sizing (there are small but terrible stones with more fire than larger ones and even more expensive). Certificate is an assurance and a nice-to-have that you just put in the shelf with the ring's box hehe.

caleeice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2015, 05:42:51 pm »
^Really sis? Even if your wedding ring is the same size as your e-ring? Thank you. Will do the same in the meantime :) Few more months to go na lang naman. Hehe.

j.adore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2015, 07:14:01 pm »
Yup, same size :) My husband said I'll get fat daw in the future so no need to resize haha!

But have you tried it before? Or different ring size at the time? Request your fiance to let you "borrow" just to check ::)

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2015, 07:28:58 pm »
it's the combination of the cut (how light enters and is reflected) and clarity (impediment to the light).
Color can appear levels higher given an ideal cut diamond with no inclusions. Carat is just sizing (there are small but terrible stones with more fire than larger ones and even more expensive). Certificate is an assurance and a nice-to-have that you just put in the shelf with the ring's box hehe.

true! it's the cut and clarity that matters when it comes to sparkle. my diamond is only 0.5 carat but it's super sparkly. when we took our mandatory selfie after my husband proposed, the photo was dark but my engagement ring was shining from my hand like a star and the photo was only taken using an iphone ;)

caleeice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2015, 08:58:25 pm »
Yup, same size :) My husband said I'll get fat daw in the future so no need to resize haha!

But have you tried it before? Or different ring size at the time? Request your fiance to let you "borrow" just to check ::)

Haha, although in my mind I'm saying "NO, I won't get fat" hahaha, I am also realistic that's why I have no plans to re-size the ring just yet.

My rings are the same size sis. I tried it on when we got it, but I lost weight since so lumuwag ng slight. Haha, I don't want to borrow sis, aasarin na naman niya ako na super excited! Hahahaha ;D

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close