Author Topic: Engagement ring...  (Read 68882 times)

MedChic

• Junior GirlTalker
  • OB. TTC x 1 year. Now with Rainbow baby.
Re: Engagement ring...
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 12:21:05 am »
I got you sis na parang di mo feel yung ring, pero ganito lang yan. Lets say you bought him a watch. Pero hes kinda disappointed kasi di mo nabili yung gusto nia, nanipisan sya sa strap. And his mom looked at it as disppointed din. What will you do? Wont you get hurt? Ganun din yun. Even if you talk to him in a most subtle way.. (unless hes really super understandable) may pitik ng kirot.

:-)

Tama, ask for a better wedding band. Kasi sabay naman kayo magdedecide sa band na iyon eh. :-)
It is not about reaching the Finish line.

It is about getting on to the Starting line.

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 01:40:41 am »
In my humble opinion, I will wholeheartedly receive whatever engagement ring my fiance offers to me. Perhaps your fiance did not splurge on your engagement ring because he still needs to set aside money for your wedding and future home.

I would only feel disappointed with my engagement ring if I know the guys spent a disproportionate amount on the ring vs on what he can afford. In other words, I'd feel bad kung medyo naging kuripot siya sa ring when he splurges on so many other things. Example: If the guy spends tons of money on expensive watches and cars, then buys be a ring that I know would just amount to his loose change. Then maybe I would feel bad.

Honestly, I would rather have a cheaper ring, but know that the guy really saved money for that ring and worked hard trying to buy me that ring. At the same time, I also wouldnt want the guy to break the bank just to buy me a ring beyond what he can normally afford. Because that is beyond common sense, and is totally impractical.

I agree with the sisses here, that you just save up and choose nice wedding bands. 

bettebette

• GirlTalker
  • march 14, 2015
    • web design philippines
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 04:20:16 pm »
I would only feel disappointed with my engagement ring if I know the guys spent a disproportionate amount on the ring vs on what he can afford. In other words, I'd feel bad kung medyo naging kuripot siya sa ring when he splurges on so many other things. Example: If the guy spends tons of money on expensive watches and cars, then buys be a ring that I know would just amount to his loose change. Then maybe I would feel bad.

Honestly, I would rather have a cheaper ring, but know that the guy really saved money for that ring and worked hard trying to buy me that ring. At the same time, I also wouldnt want the guy to break the bank just to buy me a ring beyond what he can normally afford. Because that is beyond common sense, and is totally impractical.

Agree with you totally sis.

For me, marriage is beyond any ring. Di ako maka-relate sis kasi heirloom ring lang ang meron ako eh at im not even sure kung tunay or what.. pero kahit nga wala ring ioffer saken, siguro walang prob saken..

Wag ka malungkot sis. Ring lang yan. Ngayon if you feel like tinipid nya, try asking him directly...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:21:18 pm by bettebette »
SDE by Imagine Nation Photography:
https://vimeo.com/123266825

thestargazer

• Is now Mrs. Guiao :)
  • GirlTalker
  • is one happy wife and mom :)
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 10:19:53 pm »
Hi Sis,

I feel for you...sabi mo, you're worried Baka maputol yung band, you can start from there to tell him you might have the need to reset or resize in the near future. Be careful not to hurt his feelings, my husband found it a dilemma to get me an engagement ring. So nag simula sya simpleng segue sa pagtanong. I told him my ideal ring pero he is not obliged to get me one. Minsan communication Lang din. Pero andyan na yan, be glad na nag effort at sinorpresa ka. For them mahirap yun kase kailangan nila manghula and guys are not too particular with design and the 4 C's. Si hubby Lang aware namarunong Ako sa bato, kaya yung binili Nya may ma liit na dot ng carbon pa yung bato, pero clear, white and sparkly. we were already talking about marriage nun and I was not expecting na May 2nd proposal with ring pa. Kaya okay Lang yan. Hugs!

Be objective Lang with fiancé para di sya ma hurt. All the best, sis. Bear in mind na ang importante is your bond and relationship with each other. No amount of money can top that. :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:21:50 pm by thestargazer »

Vive bene, spesso l'amore, di risata molto

glacy_rein

• Super GirlTalker
  • I am the author of my life.
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 02:54:13 am »
hi mga sis wala kong makitang thread ng where to buy engagement ring or how to decide..

sakin naman my boyfriend gave me the option to choose which one I like but to stick on a budget.. problem is he'd buy it overseas so what I only have is the description and photos of the ring..

questions how much ba dito sa pinas ang 1carat? so far kasi ito ang nagustuhan ko

http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0005675/18ct-White-Gold-Diamond-Cluster-Ring/p

pero TW .75carat sya (meaning ba nito lahat ng bato?) and then H yung diamond clarity which is what? mejo madilaw na? sabe ko nga yung amount na yun na (almost 160k) baka lampas na sa 1ct dito satin..

di ko kasi maimagine sa kamay ko e kaya hesitant ako. help please!
I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I've been hurt but I'm alive. I'm human, I'm not perfect but I'm thankful.

juana_antonia

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 05:32:40 am »
Yes sis, yung 0.75 ay total carat weight siya  ng mga liit liit na bato. H na siya, oo madilaw but since di naman solitaire ang napili mo, pwede na. If I were you sa Pinas ka na lang bumili dahil mas mura tutal cluster type naman napili mo.
\"There is NO perfect man or perfect woman in the world, only  PERFECT LOVE... built together by an imperfect man and an imperfect woman.\" -soulmate

glacy_rein

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 08:08:48 am »
^nasa .60 yung pinakamalaki na TW sa solitaire, feeling ko ang liit nya, im trying to convince him pa na dito bumili. pero HM ang 1carat saka san ok bumili? Siguro maganda pumunta ako ng bridal fair no?
I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I've been hurt but I'm alive. I'm human, I'm not perfect but I'm thankful.

klimts

• GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 10:36:30 am »
ya, i think better if you visit a bridal fair and try on some rings. 1carat is actually big. if you want a big diamond (carat) but don't want to pay big, you can choose to lessen the characteristics of the other Cs.

not sure what the prices of engagement rings are in the Philippines but if you check websites (some of them allows you to customize), you will find out that a 1 carat diamond, H in color with a good cut and slight inclusions (meaning sa clarity, the imperfections are visible if magnified 10x -low kind na to. F or Flawless ang best) would cost more than P150,000 na. DIAMOND pa lang yan. you need a band pa.

if your fingers are slender like mine, try to fit rings din na mas maliit ang carat size, baka malaki tignan sa kamay mo like mine, then you can go big sa other Cs kasi for me, iba ang dating ng diamond na makinang kesa malaki.

glacy_rein

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 11:18:20 am »
^may napagtanungan nga ako .97 carat tapos buong ring covered pa TW 2.26, VS1 GIA standard J-I no yellowish shade nasa 165k compared to a 1carat na studded din na 235k pero simple at elegant na itong si 165k - Ang laki ng price difference! - pero natatakot ako kasi igseller sya pero mga artista ang client tapos from hk lahat, machine made pa daw.

klimts

• GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2014, 12:14:08 pm »
eek..for something as precious as diamonds, parang i rather na see for yourself ang bibilhin mo. im sure, ndi ka lolokohin nung IG seller pero iba pa din kasi yung nahawakan mo and all e.

sa Market Market, yung Marry Me na store, that's where we bought our wedding rings (engagement ring ko, sa US binili ng asawa ko) and super satisfied ako with their work. HK din rings nila and marami ako nakitang magagandang rings and ok ang presyo. try ka lang muna dun. no need na pala to wait for fair, hehe... :)

glacy_rein

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 05:47:32 pm »
^i can meet her anytime naman. oo nga yung Marry Me interested din ako at malayo na mararating ng budget ko for sure.. sa UK kasi si boyfriend and he wants me to choose kasi d din sya sanay at ako naman daw magsusuot so better dito na lang. Diamonds with Love ok din right? wala bang store??

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
  • What you see is what you get, no filters.
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 07:47:18 pm »
^may napagtanungan nga ako .97 carat tapos buong ring covered pa TW 2.26, VS1 GIA standard J-I no yellowish shade nasa 165k compared to a 1carat na studded din na 235k pero simple at elegant na itong si 165k - Ang laki ng price difference! - pero natatakot ako kasi igseller sya pero mga artista ang client tapos from hk lahat, machine made pa daw.

Nako sis, word of caution lang, please do not trust just anyone in buying your ring. Pay a premium nalang to get a ring you can actually see up close. Specs are not everything, minsan minimal inclusions pero nasa gitna naman, kitang kita, panira sa stone.

Also, the size of your hand is a factor din ha. The smaller the hand, the more you can get away with a smaller center stone. I personally fitted a 0.9 carat solitaire and found it okay naman on my Size 3.75 - 4 finger, kita na siya. But of course, bigger was better! I ended up getting a 2 carat radiant cut from h2b and I just cannot stop looking at it the moment I wake up <3 At first worried siya it was too big because it also had a halo of diamonds around it and a beaded band. But how is too big and beautiful a bad thing, diba?? Girls will honestly find it hard to regret it. Get what you can afford nalang. If you cannot afford a big center stone, get a solitaire with beaded band for better value :) Hope this helps!

glacy_rein

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 08:21:15 pm »
^thanks for all the suggestions mga sis! kaya nga i really want to go and see it in person saka certification helps din diba?

antithesisofbarbie

• Ineffable.
  • GirlTalker
    • wordpress blog :)
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 08:53:53 pm »
sis@BabyAnnisha :) talk to your fiance nalang siguro. for sure there's a reason behind it bakit yon ang pinili nya for you.. ang naisip ko lang naman is sobrang gusto na nya na maengaged kayo and to prepare for the future na din agad agad so hindi na sya masyado na go into details para sa ring..

I agree na focus on the wedding preps and bawi sa wedding bands.. for sure he will understand and negotiate na you will choose the bands for you and your h2b ^_^

I measure the moment in the heartbeats I skip.

simang

• Acts like a lady, thinks like a man.
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2015, 02:49:20 pm »
My boyfriend and I started planning for our wedding months before he gave me the ring. We both were 'engaged' in our own rights even without the ring. Although I kind of knew na bibigyan nya pa din ako ng ring, kase a few weeks before he gave it to me, lagi nya sinasabi na tumataba daw ang kamay ko, na halos magkasing laki daw kami ng kamay, basta ang dami nyang comments about the size of my hands and fingers. When he gave me the ring, syempre nasurprised pa din ako. It wasn't your typical engagement ring. It's much more like a wedding band with a diamond. I like it so much. Sakto yung size kaya ang galing lang.

And what was more fun was that meron din syang ring for himself. Nung binigay nya saken yung ring I didn't know na meron din pala sya. One time we were talking on facetime and i saw him wearing a ring so kwinento nya sa akin na he got a pair para sa amin. Para daw alam ng mga may crush sa kanya na engaged and taken na sya. Lol

Sis BabyAnnisha, lapit na wedding mo. I am sure that you have gotten over your frustration with your e-ring. Just enjoy the rest of the time of your engagement! :)
...all adventurous women do.

belle_v2g

• not your ordinary
  • Super GirlTalker
  • blessed | favored | loved
    • Our Wedding
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2015, 03:26:18 pm »
^Aww.. Well said sis fionaapple. This is almost the same advise I got from my coordinator re: the hotel issues.." the heart of marriage is in the church, not in the hotel.." lol! Nakiki-relate! :)
A GIRL cherishes handbags, diamonds and her shoe collection as her prized possessions.
A WOMAN cherishes her health, her sense of self, and her talents as her greatest assets.
- N. Mah

smld

• GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2015, 07:34:43 pm »
I also read of ring enhancers, parang pang 'dress-up' ng e-ring =)

Oxytocin

• Probationary
  • Im a Bro
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2015, 01:45:36 am »
nung nag propose ako, pinag hirapan ko yung ring na binili ko sa lahat ng aspeto. pag ipon ng pambayad, pag research, pag bisita sa ibat ibang stores at pag tanong sa mga kaibigan.

maliit lang yung bato nung binili ko na engagement ring para sa aking fiancee. pero kasama ng munting singsing ang pangako ng companionship at unconditional love.

;)
im your cuddle hormone. :)

blackgreen

• Super GirlTalker
  • STAY if you're HAPPY, LEAVE if you're NOT.
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2015, 09:29:45 am »
^ang swerte ng fiancee mo bro :) Nag-research ka pa talaga! :)

Wala pa kami formal engagement ring ni h2b. Pero gusto ko kasi talaga meron before kami ikasal para complete sa pictures and sa documentation. Nakapagpa-quote kami sa Marry Me 11k yun 14k white gold 1 cubic zirconia. Gusto ko kasi talaga magkaroon ng diamond ring kaya lang dipa carry ng budget this year. Sabi ni h2b kung gusto ko daw talaga ng ring kahit yun cubic zirconia na lang muna then next year niya ako bibilhan talaga ng diamond ring. I am tempted to agree with him. Hahaha
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life - Confucius

mamey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2015, 11:25:46 am »
^sis blackgreen may I know sino contact person mo sa Merry Me? Can you pm me if they have email? Thank you sis :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close