watch now

Author Topic: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)  (Read 86275 times)

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #480 on: January 27, 2016, 07:28:39 pm »
i've been missing out - i just got myself a few zoeva brushes...and i just threw away some of my old rt brushes. out of stock pa rin yung zoeva buffer brush in luxola. i hope they restock soon.

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #481 on: January 28, 2016, 08:03:46 am »
^i can't comment on that in general kasi i only have mac 116, 129 & 187. But now, i do prefer my zoeva ones specially the grand stippling as opposed to the 187. I don't like too much give kasi on my stippling brush. 

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #482 on: January 28, 2016, 12:21:32 pm »
out of stock pa rin yung zoeva buffer brush in luxola. i hope they restock soon.

^ I have that buffing brush. It's one of my best buys from Zoeva  :)

is zoeva better than mac brushes?

^ I only have two MAC brushes. I use my Zoeva a lot more often ;)

I ordered some more brushes two weeks ago. I think I have 15-16 brushes na from them. Hihi. I never bought a set though. Pinipili ko lang yung mga gusto ko hehe, pero ayun, nakarami rin ang ending  ::)

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #483 on: January 28, 2016, 01:20:05 pm »
^do you purchase from luxola as well?

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #484 on: January 28, 2016, 04:07:56 pm »
I'm eyeing din the grand stippling vs sigma f50 vs mac 187, and also the regular stippling. But I must restrain myself since I just got a few sigma and rt face brushes... Hehe.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #485 on: January 28, 2016, 05:05:02 pm »
is zoeva better than mac brushes?

I still prefer my Mac eye brushes but Zoeva has very good face brushes! But if you're just starting to collect brushes, Zoeva eye brushes are more than adequate. No need to get Mac. I stopped buying expensive brushes ever since I discovered Zoeva and Bdellium.

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #486 on: January 28, 2016, 05:17:24 pm »
^do you purchase from luxola as well?

Yes, I got all of them from Luxola :)

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2016, 01:07:46 am »
ano ba price difference ng mac brushes and zoeva? kasi i am the kind of shopper na gusto nakikita muna yung bibilhin, i usually use lang loose powder ng kryolan, so i need a powder brush? for that, then blush brush, i am not into eye shadows kasi hindi ako marunong, maybe one for contouring na rin ng nose, that's it

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #488 on: January 29, 2016, 03:05:32 am »
^Big price difference between Mac and Zoeva. Mac is 3-4x more expensive depending on what brush you get

herroyalbleakness

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #489 on: January 29, 2016, 04:45:51 am »
I still prefer my Mac eye brushes but Zoeva has very good face brushes! But if you're just starting to collect brushes, Zoeva eye brushes are more than adequate. No need to get Mac. I stopped buying expensive brushes ever since I discovered Zoeva and Bdellium.

Where do you buy Bdellium locally?

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #490 on: January 31, 2016, 05:32:48 am »
Hi mga sis!

I always see Zoeva sa Sephora pero di ko pinapansin. Tapos nabasa ko today dito maganda pala!

Gusto ko bumili ng brushes, wala kasi ako. Isa lang meron ako, blush brush from Watsons.

Is this set good?

http://www.sephora.com.au/products/zoeva-face-set

I was initially thinking of getting RT Expert Face brush. Alin kaya yung pang liquid foundie dito sa set?

I only need a liquid foundation brush and maybe a powder brush. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 06:50:45 am by Antigone »

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #491 on: January 31, 2016, 06:31:46 am »
I checked the Zoeva line and na.overwhelm ako sa daming options. o.o

Mga sis pasuggest naman diyan po. I want to learn eyeshadowing and blending, should I just get the eye kit and which kit? Or maybe if I will just survive on one or two eyebrushes, that would be great! LOL

What brush name or number please for applying eyeshadow, and blending it? When I watch YT tutorials, they seem to switch brushes a loooot when doing eyeshadow..

Which brush sa zoeva is good for contouring the face? (maliit na face, like size sa CD)

Naoverwhelm talaga ako. lol

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #492 on: January 31, 2016, 08:11:30 pm »
Antigone, the 102 Silk Finish replaced my RT face expert for liquid foundation. Hope this helps. :)

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #493 on: February 01, 2016, 04:36:31 am »
Antigone, the 102 Silk Finish replaced my RT face expert for liquid foundation. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks sis! Excited na ko mag try. :)

baby_chichay

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #494 on: February 01, 2016, 04:49:45 pm »
^sis minatay.

on myself, i just use 2 eye brushes. a crease brush and a shader brush. but of course, you won't get a well defined/blended and clean look if you only use 2 brushes on let's say, clients. so i use more brushes on clients of course. sa sarili ko 2 eye brushes are enough kasi sanay na ako to blend. for newbies, i suggest you get a good set with 3 or more brushes. 1 shader, 1 crease, 1 blender/definer, 1 eyeliner and 1 bullet for defining the lower water line.

try this set from zoeva, bonus na yung may brow brush na din sya. plus it's so pretty.

http://www.sephora.ph/products/zoeva-en-taupe-brush-set

for contouring, they say the face paint ng zoeva is good. not a fan though because it creates sharp lines, pero okay na din if you blend with another brush. i prefer the nars ita pa din and recently loving the RT bold metals flat contour 301. though mabigat lang this one.

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #495 on: February 01, 2016, 05:39:22 pm »
^ minatay91, Among my foundation brushes, I get the most mileage out of my Zoeva 104 buffer brush. Creates a very good satin-y finish when used with liquid foundation. :) I also use daily my Zoeva 107 Luxe Sheer Cheek for  my blush, and the Luxe face Paint for contouring, but you should know how to blend well ha. Do check out the 101 Luxe Face Definer -- for touch ups and for powdering. :)

For eye makeup naman, the basics should at least include: a classic shader, a crease brush, and a blending brush if gusto mo mag-eyeshadow. Plus a pencil brush or precise shader if you wanna take your eyeshadow game to the next level. And of course, a brow brush and an eyeliner brush if you use such products. :)

Re Zoeva still, did anybody notice that Zoeva quietly increased prices, for all items, at Luxola last week? Around 100 din for the individual brushes and the blush compacts, and exactly 200 for the eyeshadow palettes (which I haven't tried yet). Phew. We should stop raving about these brushes. LOL.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #496 on: February 01, 2016, 05:56:20 pm »
I think the Zoeva complete set is a good set and has everything you need.
https://www.zoeva-shop.de/en/complete-set/a-8000378/

The only one I find lacking in it is a pencil brush. This is the same set I bought from Luxola except it was cheaper back then. Since I got the set I have almost retired my Real Techniques brushes face brushes. Although I still have some favorite Bdellium brushes and a few mac ones.

I noticed Zoeva has increased prices and is becoming popular since it is now even being sold on Sephora. But the cost of the entire set only costs as much as  2 mac face brushes hahah So it is still a bargain.

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #497 on: February 01, 2016, 06:05:27 pm »
True :( and since Luxola changed their name today to Sephora ph, I noticed nagmahal nga yung mga brushes ng Zoeva.

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #498 on: February 01, 2016, 06:41:17 pm »
you're right, zoeva brush prices increased na nga, and to think i just bought last last week from luxola.

the grand stippling i bought for P929, and now it's 1,079. same with the 126 luxe cheek finish.

the 107 powder polish naman i got for P1,045, now it's P1,214.

the 106 powder i got for P796, now it's P925!

for me those are big price jumps.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #499 on: February 01, 2016, 07:46:54 pm »
ahhhh.... so luxola is now Sephora.ph!! ohhhh

These brushes were so so cheap before. I remember seeing some vlogs saying that the brushes were included in flash sales up to 40% off. But when I ordered last year Zoeva was already exempted from discounts. But I think I got them for a very low price. I think 5k lang ata for the complete set back then.

But they're good. My wedding makeup artist told me she tried them and likes them too!

Here is a comprehensive review for fello makeup nerds like me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ejzoYsl2M


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close