Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)  (Read 118886 times)

ladydutch

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #520 on: March 28, 2015, 08:23:05 am »
Hi Ladies,

March 2016 Boracay bride here.  Reading all your posts really helps me with the planning. Thank you!!  hired Amanda and she and her team are just amazingly efficient. So far, I've booked Asya, Photo, HMU, flowers. Still lots of things to do.
Got a few questions for you:

1)When do you think is the best time to send the invites? We'll be setting-up a website with all the details so guests can plan their trips.
2) Has anyone  tried  the new Mayad Boracay team? Any feedback?
3) How is Asya's standard decor and floral package? Has anyone hired a stylist? Did you get any waiver if you don't get their floral package?
4) I heard that there's a construction beside Asya. Any idea when it will be done? Is it really disruptive?

Thanks in advance for any comments/answers to my questions! And good luck and happy prep to the future brides out there!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 08:26:21 am by ladydutch »

mimi0219

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #521 on: March 30, 2015, 08:17:56 pm »
Hello, thanks for the advice about the music imbisibol_ will start to look into it

arch.mary - i still don't know my director from mayad, i didn't know I have the option to choose.. Hehe, who's yours?

We are on the process of designing the invitation.. So probably sending it by May or June...

Anyone can give me the quotation for Vatel or Teddy Manuel? I don't have a clue about decors or flowers, so I think I will need help with it...

Days are going so quick! Sometimes I want to panic as I haven't done much preparation! But my lazy bum always win!! Hehe, anyone the same? Or i should start to really panic!?

Thanks everyone! Happy prepping!

MichelleZ

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #522 on: March 31, 2015, 12:49:32 pm »
mimi0219- January 2016 ako sis. But still havent send out our save the dates. Hehe. Wala pa kami naboobook aside from Amanda. I was thinking of this April na for our save the date. Which supplier you got for your invites?

Ask Amanda sis for quote from Teddy Manuel and Vatel as well. You got her for full coord naman diba? She can help you with that.

Same question din ako with ladydutch. Hows the construction beside Asya?

Any past boracay brides who got benjo hilario for vid? Any feedback?  happy preps!

arch.mary

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #523 on: April 01, 2015, 08:06:17 am »
Hello, thanks for the advice about the music imbisibol_ will start to look into it

arch.mary - i still don't know my director from mayad, i didn't know I have the option to choose.. Hehe, who's yours?

We are on the process of designing the invitation.. So probably sending it by May or June...

Anyone can give me the quotation for Vatel or Teddy Manuel? I don't have a clue about decors or flowers, so I think I will need help with it...

Days are going so quick! Sometimes I want to panic as I haven't done much preparation! But my lazy bum always win!! Hehe, anyone the same? Or i should start to really panic!?

Thanks everyone! Happy prepping!

Yes you have an option to book the director you want. For example, we booked King Caldera because we really loved two particular videos he directed na ASYA din ang venue :)

ladydutch

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #524 on: April 02, 2015, 05:30:48 pm »
Hi arch.mary, did you book Mayad from their Manila team/rates or the local Boracay? I got the local one and the rates are cheaper but the director will also be local, and definitely not King.


arch.mary

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #525 on: April 02, 2015, 11:20:58 pm »
King kasi used to be their director for boracay weddings since he's from there lang din naman, but recently they promoted him to manila based director with higher rate and mayad now has a new director for their bora weddings. kaso we really wanted King as our director and for some reason wala mabigay ang Mayad na sample videos ng new boracay based director nila so hesitant kami. pero it so happened na nasandwich ang wedding date namin ng weddings na si King ang director so binigay nalang siya sa amin for 100k (boracay rate). Although for sure naman all Mayad directors are reaaaly good! :)

ladydutch

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #526 on: April 03, 2015, 01:13:45 am »
Arch.mary. lucky you!! What is your inclusion  for the 100k?

I had the same experience when booking mine. I asked them for sample videos of the new director and it took them a while to send me one. Ok naman but I really like King's work. Hopefully by next year, the new one will be a pro na. If I wanted King to be my director, I will have to pay around 50k for OOT fees plus accomodation for him his team. So I think you got a very good deal.

Bora.Nov2016

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #527 on: April 09, 2015, 10:41:36 pm »
@ladydutch @arch.mary - i also got Mayad and we didn't get to choose our director. They said, who even the Boracay director is at that time... but i would think, they won't hire a bad direction naman. So okay lang lol

@MichelleZ - I'm a November 2016 bride, and we're planning to send our Save-the-Date this Summer... most of our guest our abroad based, so they need time to request off and save up na ren lol

I am using Sweetknottings Invitations in Manila. Let me know if you want their contact info. They're easy to communicate, they can make everything from scratch or copy a design, and they're reasonably priced  ;)

@imbisibol_ - sis, were you the one that had issues with DJ Eric? We are choosing either DJ Eric from Epic or DJ Fred from Soundwave kasi eh.

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #528 on: April 12, 2015, 01:47:19 pm »
wow andami ng mga bora brides :) happy preps ladies..

i remember when i was prepping for our wedding.. how time flies.. it's been a year :)

ladydutch

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #529 on: April 12, 2015, 07:07:32 pm »
@Chicgurl - Thanks for all your recommendations and posts! they are really helpful to us Boracay brides-to-be.

I saw that you Veejay F did your gown. As I am based abroad, I am not sure how to book a pinoy designer without having to meet him/her in person. How did you do it? Did you have many fittings?

Question goes to all the other brides based abroad. Is it better to just buy from bridal shops in your area or better pa rin to get it designed iand made n the Philippines?

Also, our wedding is in March next year, and so far I've already booked the location, P/V, HMU, entourage flowers and dresses, wedding rings ordered, DJ.

I feel I'm slacking now from the wedding preps. I know there's still plenty to do, but just don't know which ones to prioritise next! I know it will be hard, but would like to complete all wedding preps by end of this year, and just sit and relax by next year :)  Any tips which ones takes time that I should be doing next?

@Bora.Nov2016 - fingers crossed that our Mayad director turns out very good. I was so tempted in flying another videographer, but the cost of flying them over and accommodation was just to much for me (cost and stress to have to think about it). By the way, I booked DJ Eric rin. Haven't paid any D/P yet, but if you know of any issues with him, do let me know.

Thanks!!!




paper_dolls501

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #530 on: April 15, 2015, 11:07:47 am »
Hello Boracay Brides and soon to be Boracay brides,

I finally finish the 27 pages, and I must say very informative talaga sya. I am a potential boracay brides too and still checking for logistics and design. I've email Amanda and Ronald for their rates and availability and then we can go from there.

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #531 on: April 19, 2015, 08:14:42 pm »
Hello ex and future Boracay brides!

I've been avoiding this thread because planning is stressful! Plus with our current situation at the moment (he's just moved from Aus to be with me after our civil ceremony), so it's a bit hard to fully get into it since he's still looking for a job.

Are there any 2015 Boracay brides, or is everyone deep in their preps/planning?

Hope all you ladies are well!

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #532 on: April 20, 2015, 05:58:41 am »
ladydutch I had mine made in the Philippines too - Gretchen Pichay. We talked and did the measurement via Skype. She sent me the fit ng gown afterwards (I forgot what its called basta the base na pwede isukat kung fit sa akin). I only had two fitting (3 weeks before the wedding and then the final one, dahil maliit ang gown nung una kong sinukat so need I-alter).

I had mine done sa Pinas dahil mahal gown sa dito sa amin and besides hindi ko feel ang mga gowns dito. Sa Pinas I got what I wanted. :)

A lot of trusted and well-known designers sanay naman na sa mga brides abroad.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:00:33 am by shegie_285 »

paper_dolls501

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #533 on: April 20, 2015, 12:50:48 pm »
Hello girls,

We decided to take Amanda as our wedding coordinator, I just want to make sure sana that we are paying the right person. Can anyone (past Boracay brides) confirm her correct PayPal account or legit email pls.

Can anyone provide info on how you process your payment online with your suppliers etc (PayPal?)

Also, @gj1206 - my wedding date is November 18 or 20, 2015 kaso agawan ng venue kaya tentative pa ang date. I'm an overseas bride din from Australia.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:13:48 pm by paper_dolls501 »

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #534 on: April 21, 2015, 01:26:22 am »
We decided to take Amanda as our wedding coordinator, I just want to make sure sana that we are paying the right person. Can anyone (past Boracay brides) confirm her correct PayPal account or legit email pls.

Can anyone provide info on how you process your payment online with your suppliers etc (PayPal?)

we did an international wire transfer, i think.  either that or i sent my mom the funds and she did a local wire transfer.  her email address, when we were dealing with her in 2012, were amandatirol@yahoo.com and amandatirol@hotmail.com.

@imbisibol_ - sis, were you the one that had issues with DJ Eric? We are choosing either DJ Eric from Epic or DJ Fred from Soundwave kasi eh.

nope, that wouldn't be me.  We used Everyday People at our wedding. 

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #535 on: April 21, 2015, 11:14:30 pm »
mimi0219 you're actually doing well since your wedding is in Feb 2016! Haven't done anything with invites and our wedding is 7 months away! Very overwhelming the details, and I'm your typical 'I can only plan for a month in advance' type of person hehe.

paper_dolls501 I paid Amanda via bank transfer (I transferred money to a Philippine bank and got my mum to do the bank transfer) because the exchange rates in Paypal were more expensive.


duxelles

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #536 on: April 23, 2015, 10:45:17 am »
Hi everyone! Fellow Boracay bride here. Our date isn't until late 2016 but I'm based in the US so I'm quite anxious to start prepping. No vendors booked yet; just Amanda's full coordination. Looking forward to sharing and swapping bits of info with you!

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #537 on: April 26, 2015, 06:38:05 pm »
Girls! Shoe question -- Amanda recommended wedge platforms if wearing shoes. Just wondering if bumagay naman ang wedge espadrilles with your wedding gowns? It's all I can find here eh!

margasyjuco

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #538 on: April 27, 2015, 03:56:14 pm »
Yes sis i think wedge espadrillas will look nice. I think toms has them. :)

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #539 on: April 27, 2015, 04:38:30 pm »
@gj1206: hi sis yes sa akin it was wedge.. 5" :) hehe

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close