Author Topic: GT Doctors & Medical Students Thread #3  (Read 26405 times)

bleudskymd

• MD, DPAFP
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • yeah bah!
GT Doctors & Medical Students Thread #3
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:24:14 pm »
Previous thread is closed since it has reached 500+ posts.

:)
"I cheated on my fears, broke up with my doubts, got engaged to my faith & now I'm marrying my dreams."

FOURever

• My username does not fit me anymore :X
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
Re: GT Doctors & Medical Students Thread #3
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 06:53:11 am »
yey! New thread! Hello doc! :) i'm very much excited about medschool.. First day of school will be on June 4 ;) incoming freshman here.. Nakakahiya, puro doctors na nandito. Hehe! Sana maka-survive sa medschool just like you :)
I like games well played :)

yang

• immortal healer in training
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 08:51:56 am »
@ fourever: welcome sissy. take care of yourself dont get sick. and stay interested. once you lose it. mahirapan kana to stay.  and keep in mind, madami ang gustong lumugar sa na kung saan ka ngayon. be grateful and best of luck to you.
princess today,..goddess forever.

FOURever

• Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:25:52 pm »
^thanks sis! Yes, I'll keep that in mind :) Sana makita ko agad yung right barkada for me. Yung mga passionate sa pag aaral nila para mas ganahan ako.. Madalas kasi pag di sila ganun kainteresado mag aral, mag isa na lang ako nag aaral. Medyo nakakalungkot :(

bleudskymd

• MD, DPAFP
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • yeah bah!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 08:19:22 pm »
@Fourever: goodluck sa med school. Okay lang iyan, welcome naman dito ang mga medical students. :) My advice is take one step at a time and enjoy. :) Don't worry, you'll find your friends/study buddies & don't forget to relax/chillax once in awhile.
"I cheated on my fears, broke up with my doubts, got engaged to my faith & now I'm marrying my dreams."

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 04:46:03 am »
Is it difficult to transfer to a different program during residency? 

bleudskymd

• MD, DPAFP
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • yeah bah!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 08:14:14 pm »
^ I don't know. I guess it depends on where you're transferring and the program.

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 05:22:08 am »
^Thanks.  I'm in the middle of hoping to transfer to a different program and it is a difficult process.   

sweetie28

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 10:09:34 am »
hi mga sisses my daughter is incoming 3rd year medtech student  sa UST, plan niya na mag med kailan ba dapat magtake ng NMAT, kasi nalilito kami kung 3rd year pwede na magtake or pag fourth year na siya bago magtake ng NMAT and saan ba maganda review center and need ba talaga pumasok sa review center or pwede na self study at bibili na lang ng reviewer,please enlighten us .  salamat.
"A circle is round it has no end, that's how long I want to be your friend!"

FOURever

• Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 10:25:09 am »
^sis she can start taking 3rd yr december batch.. 2 yrs lang kasi validity ng nmat :)

May brains review center saka piccs ba yun near ust. Pero ako self study lang mas mataas nakuha than most of my blockmates na nag review center.. Basta focus lang pag nag rereview. Mahirap sa review centers kasi mabilis ang pacing tapos pansin ko minsan nagkakatamaran mga classmates ko pumunta, that's for me ha.. Yung reviewers, bumili ako pero page 1 lang nabasa ko kasi di ko naintindihan. Masyadong complicated ang tanong. Mas ok na yung HS books at yung books nung college aralin.. Basic principles ang inaral ko then ok na ako..

Ask mo na lang daughter mo kung saan sya mas makakapag aral :) and good luck!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:52:45 am by FOURever »

sweetie28

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 04:14:17 pm »
^ salamat ng marami sa tips sis, mostly nga raw sinasabi na maigi pa mag self study  :)
"A circle is round it has no end, that's how long I want to be your friend!"

FOURever

• Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 04:29:45 pm »
^no prob sis! good luck!

lil_mango

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 02:32:36 pm »
hi doctors,

I'm currently in a rut right now. Unfortunately, I failed Pathology. It was rather a big surprise for me dahil ok naman un grades ko during the 1st and 2nd sem, although bumaba lang ako nun 2nd sem, i just need to pass the final exams to pass the subject, unfortunately, I wasn't able to do so since I studied Pharma instead, knowing that I was already safe for Patho. So there, I took the remedials tapos, I was short of 5 correct answers to finally pass the subject. I had my paper rechecked and talked to the department chair to be reconsidered since patho lang un maiiwan ko, sadly, my appeal wasn't granted since the minimum passing level has been set prior to the remedials. As of this time, I'm really confused if i should go on with my studies. I have this worries like may tatanggap ba sa akin na reputable hospitals for PGI and residency, considering my really really bad set of grades, plus, up to now, I'm still way too afraid of doing iv insertions and phlebotomy, so much for my fear of needles. I cannot help myself but wonder if am I just pushing myself to go into the field? I'm really confused. Appreciate any insights on this. thanks.

PS.pre-med was psych so i have zero knowledge on the clinical application part of medicine.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:39:11 pm by lil_mango »

bleudskymd

• MD, DPAFP
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • yeah bah!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 08:13:29 pm »
^ Hi sis. I'm sorry to learn about your fate in Pathology. Failing in 1 subject is not the end of the road and stopping your medical studies is not the best solution. If you quit, you'll disappoint your parents instead of promising them that you'll do better. I have a lot of colleagues who have failed in 1-2 subjects during their academic years (& consequently repeated 1 yr) but that didn't stop them from still pursuing their dreams of becoming a physician. Now, they're licensed physicians. Some PGI and residency programs do not look deep into the transcript of records (unless you pursue a specialty training related to your failed subject before). You'll learn the skills of IV insertions, phlebotomy during clerkship. Lahat naman dumaan sa takot, kaba. Don't worry, matututunan mo rin iyan. For now, concentrate/focus on redeeming yourself. Saka mo na isipin yung IV insertions, phlebotomy, etc. One step at a time.

You start to learn the clinical application of Medicine by 3rd yr. Then you'll learn more pagdating ng 4th year and beyond.

Goodluck to you and huwag kang bibitaw sa pangarap mo na maging duktor.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:15:47 pm by bleudskymd »

lil_mango

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 09:43:53 pm »
^thanks doc, your words somehow resurrected that dying hope in me. My mom wants me to continue studying despite of what had happened. I hope and pray that I would be able to redeem myself and work on the lack of skills and dexterity, and to overcome my fear of needles and other application/s thanks again:)

FOURever

• Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 09:53:57 pm »
^sis, laban lang ha? :) ikaw yung ka-pm ko di ba :) i told you, kayo dito sa thread na ito ang inspiration ko :D di naman masusukat dun yung tunay na galing kasi habang tumatagal, saka naman mahahasa yung skills :) kaya go lang! Mas masarap maachieve yung goal kapag mas mahirap yung napagdaanan. God bless, sis!

lil_mango

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 09:58:34 pm »
^yup, ako yun, dahil sa myth sa teratogens hahaha  salamat sis :) Paghandaan mo ang Patho at Pharma sa 2nd year mo :)

FOURever

• Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 10:08:41 pm »
^natakot nga ako sis sa post mo pero kakayanin natin :) good luck sis! Keep the faith!

lil_mango

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 10:18:05 pm »
^thanks sis. kayanin natin!:) moral lesson of the story, never be complacent.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:21:42 pm by lil_mango »

FOURever

• Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 01:25:26 pm »
Hi sissies! I'm officially enrolled na and my first day in medschool is on June 4.. Actually that week, puro orientation kami so next 2nd week talaga ng june start ng classes.. Hehe! Ano ba ang mga dapat inaaral ko ngayon to prepare myself? Like lahat ba ng muscles at bones dapat kabisaduhin ko na? And the structures in biochem? Pati ba mga positions sa anatomy? Sorry sissies.. Anxious lang talaga ako and excited at the same time :D THANKS!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close