Author Topic: guys keeping photos and letters from past relationships  (Read 9141 times)

angelbabe

• GirlTalker
guys keeping photos and letters from past relationships
« on: April 26, 2012, 08:43:11 pm »
i dont know if there is a similar thread na about this... if ever meron man, paki'merge na Lang po...

sort of live'in na kame ni bf for 11months now... Last time i cLeaned our room,nakita ko sa maLeta nya may bLack enveLope, when i opened it, nakita ko mga picture nya at nung 2 past gf nya... Letters, receipts and cards too... hindi ko na pinag'abaLahang kaLkaLin kasi baka maasar or masaktan Lang ako... the next time i checked, the enveLope is no Longer there sa maLeta... knowing bf, iniLipat nya Lang yun ng pwesto,nahaLata nya siguro na nagaLaw ko...

im very much confident naman sa pagmamahaL ni bf... kaso parang, that was past na... hindi ba pwedeng itapon na Lang yon?... respeto di ba?.. i dont know kung paano ko bubuksan kay bf yung topic... respeto din kase sa kanya... and i dont know din kung paano ko ba yun sasabihin ng mahinahon at hindi sya mao'offend...

guytaLkers, bakit nyo ba kini'keep pa yung mga memorabiLias ng mga past reLationship nyo kahit na deep in your heart you know that you're truLy inLove with your current beau?... and how wouLd you react if ipapatapon yun sa inyo ng wife/current gf nyo?..

Hesler

Re: guys keeping photos and letters from past relationships
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:32:11 am »
Those are not Memorabilia, those are records of real people your Husbund/BF used to love those are not Just Photos of People Those are records and Images of Real People that at onepoint became a big part of his Life. That shows he truly knows how to love and treasure people regardless of what Happened it does'nt mean he still love those girls. Let us just look at this way atleast you know that your BF knows true love would you rather have a Guy that does not know what being sentimental mean? Those girls have in some way a contribution in his life and that in little way may have made him a better person Why would you take that away from him? Why would you be jealous because photos from his past I am sure you are better than Photographed image right.? You may want to ask him but if I where you I will leave it alone.

Have a nice day   

L14m

• Probationary
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:13:45 am »
I agree with Hesler 100%.

mbeeyap

• GirlTalker
  • ♥ Life is simple, it's just not easy ♥
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:02:09 pm »
baka naman sadyang sentimental lang si bf. if that happened to me, i will ask him why still keeps it, pero knowing my hubby, i would doubt if he keeps things from a previous relationship. ako naman i still have 2 stuffed toys that were given to me by my ex. alam naman ni hubby yun, pero di nya pinapatapon or what. the reason why i kept it is because like ko talaga yung dalawang stuffed toys and not because it reminds me of my ex. pero out of respect naman kay hubby, di ko na dinidisplay. nakatago lang. pictures and letters though, hindi ko magets yun. 
The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

TuscanSun

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Its all about the mindset... really.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 10:56:17 pm »
Men generally don't keep those kind of stuff. Heck, we can't even keep our closet in order. But there are guys who really just the type who keep stuff. The senti guys as noted above. Now you know that If you guys break up, knock on wood, he would keep the letters you sent him.

Serena.

• Curious
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • The Variation makes me tick!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:30:04 am »
Sa akin naman hindi pwede ang ganito. Ano, itatago nya pa rin yon kahit masaktan ako? May memories naman e, kahit manlang yung bagay na yon itapon na nya. Para san pa? E ako na ang present. Wala namang problema si hubby ko dito, nagkusa na yun e. ;)
Exploring life and learning brand new things every single day..

{Ms. Minchin}

mamapeew

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I love my baby!!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 04:20:39 am »
My hubby kept pictures of his exes sa likod ng album nya from his college days. He showed it to me when we were bf-gf pa lang. Honestly, I don't mind if he still keeps them. It's not as if he looks at those pictures everyday. Kung lagi nyang binubuklat yung album na yun, ah, ibang usapan na yun. Ako mismo ang magtatapon ng mga yun. Ang sa akin lang naman kasi, he met these girls way before naging kami. Ewan ko. Siguro i felt secured din kasi. He never tried to hide them from me e.
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~Frederick Douglass

shoppefloor

• I talk therefore I am
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 05:43:05 am »
My husband is a very jealous guy maybe because I'm his first & only gf tapos naging wife na ngayon.
I still kept pictures of my ex bf's sa old room ko sa house ng parents ko of course, so 1 time when we were in my parents house he asked me if I still have those photos sabi ko lang wala na tinapon ko pero the truth is tinago ko lang sya sa hindi nya makikita.  ;)

Sis Hesler is so right, I'm not keeping those photos because I'm still in love with them. I chose to keep it because they have been a huge part of my life and sometimes kapag nakikita ko yung mga old photos na yun it reminds me of the troubles I've been through & the lessons I've learned from those relationships.
I may be sentimental but that's how i look at it.  ;)
I walk to feel the earth on my feet. I float to let the wind blow me away. I swim to cleanse my soul. I burn to touch the fire of life. i wanna take it all in my hand....

chinkywinky

• Prinsesa at adik na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 05:46:21 am »
There are things na hindi talaga maitatapon especially letters straight from the heart. May asawa na ko but I am keeping letters and poems from my past (well, I have my bestfriend to keep it for me). I don't love the guy anymore but he's special (mahirap explain), and pinaghirapan nya yung poems and letters na nakasulat don kaya I treasured it. I don't think am cheating my hubby just because of that - I just want to keep those letters dahil malaki yung respeto sakin nung guy na nagbigay non.  ;)
i would love to love you like you do to me....

adellaide

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 07:40:24 am »
I once asked my bf to see them kaya lang he doesn't know where he left them...turns out parang clutter lang sa closet niya. We even looked at his old high school album and he was surprised to see may pic pala sila dun together. Sadly he disposed of them agad din...I wouldn't mind if he had a memento of them to show our kids someday, ako nga curious to know mg exes ng parents ko eh lol...

But yeah I agree this goes for sentimental dudes, he kept all my stuff even scratch papers I wrote on way back when we were kids. 

mamapeew

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I love my baby!!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 09:07:06 am »

Sis Hesler is so right, I'm not keeping those photos because I'm still in love with them. I chose to keep it because they have been a huge part of my life and sometimes kapag nakikita ko yung mga old photos na yun it reminds me of the troubles I've been through & the lessons I've learned from those relationships.
I may be sentimental but that's how i look at it.  ;)

I like this sis. Eto rin naiisip ko kaya hindi ako nagseselos when i look at the pics of his exes. In fact i feel proud pa kasi out of all them, ako napili nya. :) although wala akong pic don. Happy na rin ako kasi hindi ako ex. There's a separate album dedicated only for me. :)
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~Frederick Douglass

janix athena

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 03:08:49 pm »
It will make me feel uncomfortable. I admire women who are not the jealous type, but I admit selosa ako. So when I found out hubby still has pics of the ex mixed with old family pictures, I asked him to dispose of them. Haha. Confident kasi ako na hindi sya magagalit sakin, kasi pag nagalit sya warla na to. I don't know, I'm very secure naman sa love nya for me, feel ko na tlagang takot syang mawala ako, so I can make those kinds of demands anytime, kahit sa harap pa ni MIL. :) He was hesitant but he agreed. And then MIL grabbed the pics before hubby can throw them away. Ninang daw kasi ng nephew ni hubby so ipapakita yung picture when the child is older.

For me wala naman hard and fast rule kung mali ba yun o hindi. Ang take ko jan is that if it makes your partner uncomfortable then just let the pictures go. Respeto lang. It works both ways naman. Sa akin ayaw ni hubby that I beso (cheek-to-cheek) male friends. So I stopped. Compromise lang. What should a guy choose: old mementos of treasured people in the past, or GF's happiness. In an ideal scenario we wouldn't even have to choose, BUT if we have to, the choice should be easy. Just my two cents. :)

Sarapuke

• Rarake po ako!
  • Probationary
  • Trollololol
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 04:38:09 pm »
yung sakin hindi ko naman sinasadya na may mga letters and pictures na nakatago sa room ko,.
at nakita ng GF ko yung mga pictures and letters. and ayun nagalit nag selos etc.
ewan ko kung bakit ganon agad yung reaction nya. hindi nya man lang ako pinagpaliwanag.

eh hindi ko din naman maalala na andun yung mga yun. burara kasi. hindi ko na nakakalkal yung mga box sa ilalim ng kama ko.  (natural lang naman sa lalake ang tamad mag linis ng kwarto)

pero sayo TS, nag alangan ka pang i-confront si BF mo.
pero si GF ko hindi. haha. kung ano ano pa iniisip sakin kesyo mahal ko pa daw yung Ex ko.
eh halos a year and half n kaming wala non.

----
sa case mo siguro ni-tretreasure pa din ng BF mo yung mga memories nya nun sa Ex. nya.
pero wala ka naman siguro dapat ika-bahala dun.
hindi naman importante ang nakaraan.
samin kasing mga lalake wala lang yun.
Epic Lurker :D

angelbabe

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 10:07:12 pm »
update Lang mga bros and sis... na'open ko na kay bf, ok naman kinaLabasan... habang nagbibihis sya papasok sa work,ako naman nagLiLigpit ng kwarto, hawak ko mga Lumang resibo na itinabi ni bf...

sabi ko "ang hiLig mo taLaga magtago ng kung ano'anong basura.. tapon ko na to ha?.." (referring sa hawak ko na receipts)

bf said "sige.. hindi ko Lang kase naitapon eh..."

tapos sabi ko "pati nga picture at suLat ng mga past chicks mo itinatago mo pa... o wag mo na i'deny,nakita ko na..."

bf showed his boyish smiLe and said "picture Lang naman yun, waLa na siLang space sa buhay ko ngayon, nasa iyo na Lahat..."

me: "promise?"

bigLa nag'hug sa akin si bf taz sabi "opo promise... sige po itatapon ko na po yung mga yun..."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:49:41 pm by angelbabe »

sugar n spice

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 09:32:46 am »
ako din kinilig  :D :D :D
If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?

janix athena

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 01:47:12 pm »
Ayun naman pala, happy ending din. :)

angeleigh

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 03:55:56 pm »
I still have it. I DONT love the ex anymore, but those pics were a part of my life. (yung pics lang talaga! haha!)

Okay lang yan, even my engagement ring is still with me.

It does not mean that you are cheating or reminiscing your past relationship.

rheinfall18

• living♀..laughing♫..loving..♥
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • God's in His heaven, all is right with the world
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 03:23:13 pm »
nakakatuwa malaman may mga guys pala na ganun hehe

@angelbabe: happy for you na-settle na yung issue, tama yun idaan mo sa maayos na tanong or pabiro..wag agad violent reaction ^^
"Be mentally stronger than what you physically/emotionally feel."

dumpee.o13

• ü I still believe in LOVE, DESTINY & FATE. ♥ I am now a CERTIFIED
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Ü I'm DATING ♥ Enjoyin' SINGLICITY at its BEST! Ü
    • Tumblr ü
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 06:30:36 am »
My hubby kept pictures of his exes sa likod ng album nya from his college days. He showed it to me when we were bf-gf pa lang. Honestly, I don't mind if he still keeps them. It's not as if he looks at those pictures everyday. Kung lagi nyang binubuklat yung album na yun, ah, ibang usapan na yun. Ako mismo ang magtatapon ng mga yun. Ang sa akin lang naman kasi, he met these girls way before naging kami. Ewan ko. Siguro i felt secured din kasi. He never tried to hide them from me e.

^ i agree. no biggies, as long as hindi tinatago ni guy yun sayo. then di naman nya tinitignan everyday habang nag-eemote e okay lang yun. :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:20:54 am by dumpee.o13 »
"I am only responsible for what I say and not for what you understand." Ü

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vainishieliciousme/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/IAmTheCrisC/

romanticure

• Hard to Keep
  • Love comes quickly in whatever you do..
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 05:49:59 am »
i dont know if there is a similar thread na about this... if ever meron man, paki'merge na Lang po...

sort of live'in na kame ni bf for 11months now... Last time i cLeaned our room,nakita ko sa maLeta nya may bLack enveLope, when i opened it, nakita ko mga picture nya at nung 2 past gf nya... Letters, receipts and cards too... hindi ko na pinag'abaLahang kaLkaLin kasi baka maasar or masaktan Lang ako... the next time i checked, the enveLope is no Longer there sa maLeta... knowing bf, iniLipat nya Lang yun ng pwesto,nahaLata nya siguro na nagaLaw ko...

im very much confident naman sa pagmamahaL ni bf... kaso parang, that was past na... hindi ba pwedeng itapon na Lang yon?... respeto di ba?.. i dont know kung paano ko bubuksan kay bf yung topic... respeto din kase sa kanya... and i dont know din kung paano ko ba yun sasabihin ng mahinahon at hindi sya mao'offend...

guytaLkers, bakit nyo ba kini'keep pa yung mga memorabiLias ng mga past reLationship nyo kahit na deep in your heart you know that you're truLy inLove with your current beau?... and how wouLd you react if ipapatapon yun sa inyo ng wife/current gf nyo?..

if gusto ng wife ko ipatapon, susunugin ko na lang. i don't know either why i kept so many photographs and love letters of my past also. siguro dahil sa mga memories yun. nakakatawa na lang kapag binabalik balikan ko yun whenever i clean my secret cabinet. simula pagkabata hanggang aged 26 ako nun.

di ba pedeng itago yun dahil wala ng ganung klase ng papel ngayon?  :( lalo kung 10 to 15years na? pano kung parang sentimental value na lang yun sa kanya?
Men in love show more activity in the visual part of the brain while women show more activity in the area that governs memory.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close