watch now

Author Topic: Bank Equities  (Read 78679 times)

iristacey

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2013, 10:07:36 am »
^thanks again mxherr5! another dumb question.. i have checked the historical performances of UITFs and MF of both BPI and BDO and BDO seems better. for BDO, what will you recommend given that i have moderately aggressive/aggressive profile? am looking for long term investment/s. i want to diversify meager funds at the same time. am also still wanting the new index fund of bpi. less hassle kasi ang bpi sa akin with its proximity and easy online access. not much to citiseconline kasi hindi naman ako makapagconcentrate on looking into stocks per company pero am looking into its possibilities din. but not now. maybe after ko manganak.

freelancer_babe

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2013, 10:35:59 am »
Then again, its not a big deal since I can still do redemptions
without the physical certificate so its all good.

Sa akin kasi, I worry - paano kung may nangyari sa akin right before I get those physical certificate. *knock on wood*

UITF often contains good amount of money. Sayang kung hindi makuha ng mga iiwan ko.

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2013, 06:20:37 pm »
@freelancer, that's a good point.
Let's ask them if the heir needs
the physical certificate to get the UITFs
proceeds.

@iris, yes BDO outperforms BPI.
You can split your money and get BDO's Equity Fund
and BPI's Peso Index Equity Fund if you're having
trouble deciding between the two.

They're both well suited for long term investing.

anonymous09

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2013, 03:14:03 am »
Since bagsak and stocks, it's the best time to invest. :)

freelancer_babe

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #304 on: June 20, 2013, 04:52:44 am »
@freelancer, that's a good point.
Let's ask them if the heir needs
the physical certificate to get the UITFs
proceeds.

Certificate or not, any strong solid proof that I own the UITF is what the heirs would need.

The day I've opened I was only holding a duplicate slip that shows that I am approving the deduction from my settlement account. If I drop dead the next day I've opened this account then this particular BPI UITF could be missed as that slip only indicates the deduction and nothing else.

london

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2013, 02:14:05 pm »
@freelancer_babe

re the mails, ditto rin sa min mails get delivered after 2-3months. sabi kasi wala ng kartero and volunteers na lang mga nagdiditribute ng letters.

ampere

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #306 on: August 12, 2013, 12:50:21 pm »
mga sis any feedback on PNB's UITFs? im planning to invest in one of their offerings either Phisix or High Dividend Fund nag-alangan lang ako sa fees nila mas mataas ata compared to BPI and BDO. may online platform na kasi sila it's convenient for OFWs like me if only BDO can also come up with an online platform mas maganda sana mag-invest sa kanila tho i already subscribed to their EIP.

bratinella08

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #307 on: August 27, 2013, 01:44:15 pm »
haggard sa BDO, pero dahil need mag top up kanina, effort pa ako pumunta, buti pa sa bpi dali lang mag online...

ann08

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2013, 04:11:05 pm »
Bakit ganon sa BPI, gusto ko mag open ng ibang kind ng investment pero available na lumalabas
sa portfolio is bond fund at wala ng iba. Does it mean na lahat puno at ito lang available sa lahat?

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2013, 02:00:05 am »
That means you have to update your risk profile to aggressive
so all of the funds would show up.
You're probably currently set to a conservative risk profile.

Just answer the risk questionnaire again and this time
choose the riskiest option.

ann08

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #310 on: September 08, 2013, 10:17:05 am »
^ thanks sis.  I'm already aggressive in my portfolio. :) pero may question pa. I want to subscribe
in their UITF since I only have their MF. should I go to the bank personally pa to open a UITF just
like what  I did when I open an MF account? When I tried to enroll under UITF sa online nag aappear
yung "needs prior enrollment. please enroll your investment account in expressonline"

I don't know because I only have the MF and not UITF kasi.

Thank you in advance. :)

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #311 on: September 08, 2013, 11:32:15 am »
Yes, ibang account kasi ang UITF eh.
Ako naman opposite, may UITF pero gusto
kong mag invest sa ALFM Peso Bond fund.

Kahit yung "online" method ng pag bukas ng MF
account, kailangan pa rin ng branch visit eh.
Bummer

Dacian

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #312 on: October 25, 2013, 12:12:07 pm »
hi, i don't know kung paano ang bank equities.  how does this works mga sis?  same ba siya ng time deposit?  tia.

leelou

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #313 on: October 25, 2013, 04:25:01 pm »
@ann08, sis pareho tayo ng problema. i plan to enroll in their UITF too pag-uwi ko lang pinas this December since overseas ako. pwede naman ipa-courier like what i did when i enrolled my MF account pero pag-uwi ko na lang since sa December pa rin naman ako magkakaroon ng fund na rin for this  ;D

@mxherr5, my mom has ALFM Peso bond fund at hindi maganda performance nya the past months :(

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #314 on: October 26, 2013, 10:06:14 am »
sorry to hear that.
I just opened an MF account with BPI
late September and so far my ALFM is doing ok

ann08

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #315 on: October 26, 2013, 02:43:20 pm »
Thanks mxherr for the reply. Wala pang time para maka pag branch visit ulit. Last time ko naman is nag assist nila ako with pc assistance pa pero may purpose that time was to top up not to subscribe sa alfm nila then yun pala wala ng available.


What's your thought po about bpi short term fund? Thanks :)


@leelou:  Onga sis, mas okay yung personally branch visit nalang mas less hassle ata and siguro that time mas okay mag invest sa mf uitf. :)

mxherr5

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2013, 08:13:27 am »
Err, what is there to say about the short term fund?
Its boring but stable hehe

Eto yung pag emergency fund ko eh.
1 day redemption lang.
Meron lang akong konting pera sa savings account
in case hindi kayang maghintay ng isang araw yung
emergency o di kaya ay during weekend nangyari
ang emergency.

anna

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2013, 01:34:32 pm »
hi.  ASSUMING i had one million pesos, where should i invest this money (other than time deposits)?  are bank equities okay?  minimum holding period is 3 years. 

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #318 on: December 06, 2013, 11:23:48 am »
Sorry, I just have to ask this - what does "top up" mean?  I basically understand how UITFs work, but I'm not familiar with this particular industry jargon.  Anyone?  Thanks.

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Bank Equities
« Reply #319 on: December 06, 2013, 11:30:31 am »
^Bro, Top up means reload (in case of prepaid loads) or add more investments.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close