watch now

Author Topic: School of the Holy Spirit in QC (Ylang-Ylang) or Miriam College Grade School?  (Read 71942 times)

Guading12

  • Guest
@marose Tried to PM you, error eh.. anyway, tried to look for you in FB.. kaso, may mga ka-name ka.. yung profile pix mo ba is [textspeak!] 2 kids? anyway, you could try to look for joy buan aya-ay... tapos, if you could add me up, please do so.. thanks!

Guading12

  • Guest
@marose  Could you try to look me up again sa FB.. changed my privacy settings na.. kasi, i tried to look for you kaso, hindi rin kita makita.. i can only see a user na profile pic is two kids... and they're not twins... ;)

Guading12

  • Guest
@marose I sent the invite already.. thanks!

marose17

  • Guest
^ Still could not add you.  I'll send you a PM.

theflygirl

  • Guest
True. HSS is underrated! From then till now, the school teaches simplicity. Its not as well-known as the other schools (or branches! Has anyone noticed when one mentions Holy Spirit, they automatically assume Fairview?!) but it has produced a lot of achievers and its graduates have attended the country's best schools for high school and college.

They now have a high school building and the flat space beside mowelfund is now Janssen Hall. Its an open-air hall where the school programs are held. I have 4 kids, 1 boy & 3 girls. My 2nd child is on her 2nd yr of preschool in HSS.

The only old faculty I remember who are still there are Mrs. Odero, Mrs. Montealegre & Mrs. Estrella(Ms. Misanes before). I saw Ms. Jacinto visit the campus last school fair. White hair but still looks the same. She was my PE teacher before.

IMO, what I personally don't like is the introduction of boys to the school. I wish they prevented it from becoming coed. There are boys in the preschool dept. I miss the old days!

-HSSian '90

marose17

  • Guest
^ Sis, Mrs. Montealegre and Ms. Jacinto were my teachers at HSS!  I graduated in 1985 haha.  I also know Mrs. Odero and Ms. Misanes.  Wow, the Mowelfund compound pala is an extension of HSS.

I also do not like boys in the school, even preschool. 

And having studied in HSS for grade school and SHS for high school, I can say that I prefer HSS.  If it had a high school back then, I would have stayed.

theflygirl

  • Guest
^Not literally an extension but you know it used to be the only open space we had in the campus diba? The one beside mowelfund...where the school buses park during dismissal time and where we had PE, aside from the quad at the back...the quad still exists but expanded na...I was so disappointed sa coed preschool. Kung di ko lang alma mater (hehe) and if we weren't living nearby, I'd send my daughters to Assumption na lang sana.

pinkcoyote

  • Guest
i have called HSS for inquiry, mabait naman yung nakausap ko but not very accomodating (compared to STC which i previously called before hss kaya nakumpara ko), parang inaantok hehe..but will still visit the school for tour and to ask my questions.

chellesunshine

  • Guest
hpw much po tuitopn sa miriam and holy spirit ng preschool? ::)mag 6 y.o. anak ko sa sept 2012 ???

lilsaintsm0m

  • Guest
sa holy prep is 32k daw 5 years old. So if mag 6 na anak mo mag grade1 na ba siya?most likely close to that range na din :) miriam cdc naman is 60+ :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:39:43 pm by lilsaintsm0m »

babybokchoy

  • Guest
I am a school admin in a private school for boys and i am very much familiar with the curriculum of many of the exclusive schools in manila. I'd say that holy spirit tops miriam in academics without any doubt. Many of the graduates of holy spirit go to up and ateneo for college. :) what i noticed about holy spirit girls is they are very simple. They are very good in english pero hindi sila english-speaking.:)

binggay

  • Guest
 ^ Naku, mag-iisip na naman ako niyan, sis. :P

Ang advantage lang saken ng miriam for now is the proximity to ateneo since my son goes there. Gusto ko nga sana i-Holy yung anak ko pero naman opposite directions ang hatid. So imbis na 1 car na lang to bring them to school in the morning, mag-2 cars pa kami. Imbis na 1 parent na lang maghahatid, pareho pa kami maghahatid ng husband ko araw-araw. Hayz. Pano kaya to.

mommyfirst

  • Guest
It's good i found this thread, my daughter is turning 5 next year. She's enrolled in Child now for preschool. I don't know if id still enroll her once again sa Child next year or id enroll her na to a big school. We are near Holy Spirit in BF QC but I am not inclined to enroll her in an all-girls' school though I've heard really good feedbacks on graduates of that school. Pero reading the posts here, coed na ba Holy Spirit ngayon? If that's the case, I might enroll her sa Holy Spirit BF next year. Problem solved!

marose17

  • Guest
^  All girls pa rin, sis.  For preschool lang coed.

lilsaintsm0m

  • Guest
I am a school admin in a private school for boys and i am very much familiar with the curriculum of many of the exclusive schools in manila. I'd say that holy spirit tops miriam in academics without any doubt. Many of the graduates of holy spirit go to up and ateneo for college. :) what i noticed about holy spirit girls is they are very simple. They are very good in english pero hindi sila english-speaking.:)

so TRUE!  8)

pinkcoyote

  • Guest
my daughter had the entrance exam (for prep) last tuesday. easy peasy daw, all her answers are correct. LOL
Meron na palang boys sa grade 1 sabi nila under study daw ngayon na gawing co-ed :( but those grade 1 boys came from their preschool daw, ndi sila nag accept ng boys sa grade 1 from other schools.

binggay

  • Guest
 Update lang: I decided to send my little girl to Miriam. Already paid for the reservation fee. Grabe, Grade 1 na bunso ko next year, wala na akong pre-schooler. Sniff.

mommyfirst

  • Guest
hi sis pinkcoyote, sang holy spirit yan? sa BF ba?

ellyn0803

  • Guest
want to send sana our daughter to HSS since maganda feedback kaya lang i'm thinking na mahirapan daughter ko sa byahe considering that she's only a preschooler. We live here in Pasig (near Libis) :(

pinkcoyote

  • Guest
mommyfirst, Ilang-ilang in New Manila (Cubao).

Yesterday naman, my daughter had exam sa STC, and now I am so torn... sobrang pabor sa amin kung sa HSS si daughter ko, super lapit. And what I liked most is that it has a small community (4 sections lang per level tapos around 35-40 students per class). pero sa facilities and school premises mas maganda sa STC (pero di naman nagkakalayo, mas malaki lang kasi sa STC saka very strict sila --security tapos dami bawal, may dress code kahit sa guests--di nga pinapasok si hubby nkashorts kasi).

Im torn kasi hindi pa ako ganon ka-convince dahil ang konti ng feedbacks ng HSS sa akin...lahat halos ng makausap ko, pag sinabi ko na either HSS or STC ko ipapasok si daughter, ang vote nila agad STC (mas kilala siguro kasi i guess). I am reseaching more about HSS kasi important sa akin ang proximity para di mapagod/mainip ang bata sa byahe and kapag may emergency madaling masundo/puntahan.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close