Author Topic: School of the Holy Spirit in QC (Ylang-Ylang) or Miriam College Grade School?  (Read 57168 times)

theflygirl

• I am a super
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • The FLYGIRL
^If you will be living in the Cubao area, you're closer to HSS. The campus in Fairview is SHS. HSS has its official address as 29 Ilang-Ilang St., Cubao, QC. It's right beside Mowelfund. Bgy. Holy Spirit, if I'm not mistaken, is found in Fairview, which is where the other campus is located.

~aShLiE~

• Super GirlTalker
  • Shop with me.
Grabe na-miss ko HSS. Nakatikim din kami kay Ms. Jacinto noon, haha! Grade 3. Whenever I talk to my nieces, they always asks me - naging teacher mo ba si ganto, ganyan. Most of them I said yes although yung iba kasi nag-asawa na rin like Ms. De Jesus, Ms. CaƱoneo etc. She has to check pa thru my yearbook.
→Ash T&T

amparoxoxo

• Y U NO
  • GirlTalker
  • O hai
tanong lang po, medyo naguluhan ako sa address ng Holy spirit School. My husband told me kasi sa Brgy. holy spirit mismo yung school kaya madali lang daw hanapin. so iba pa yung sa cubao campus nila? i mentioned to him yung Ilang-ilang address pero iba yung sinabi nya sa akin.

I am considering HSS kapag lumipat kami sa cubao next year. san banda yung cubao campus nila? any landmarks? Yung lilipatan kasi naming bahay near SM cubao lang.

Sis if you're coming from the SM Cubao area, just take Aurora Boulevard and take the road to E. Rodriguez. Upon reaching New York, may kanto doon na may gas station sa kanan. Instead of turning right go the opposite way. From there you should see the Immaculate Conception Cathedral aka Cubao Cathedral. Take the next right turn. Sa pangalawang kanto, take extreme right. Ang dulo na nya si HSS mismo.

Just surfing the web and saw this thread :)

I am an HSSian graduate, and went to SHS in highschool. I love how they taught me everything I needed to know in life to succeed.

I am just 25 years old, earning AUD$100,000 (australian dollars) as a home finance manager for a major bank here in Australia.

I finished my college degree in New Zealand, and I am now working in Australia.
Magaling mag train mga teachers, with compassion pero disiplina is there no matter what.

Hindi din ganon ka boy focussed mga taga holy unlike miriam, poveda and assumption!

Galing ng training ng holy! :)

Sis hindi kaya magkabatchmates tayo? :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:54:37 pm by amparoxoxo »
Meme me me me

ellyn0803

• Proud Mommy of Ayana
  • GirlTalker
  • found contentment on my Angel
Hi mga sis.. any feedback for HSS :) kmusta na quality ng education nila sa ngayon, katulad pa din ba dati? Thanks
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

http://ellyn0803.multiply.com/

ceejhei

• Super mommy!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • i am what i am
same question po as sis ellyn0803. nalilito din ako meron bang holy spirit sa fairview? naghahanap kasi kami ng exclusive school. novaliches/caloocan area kasi kami

mlouisse

• Probationary
Hello mommies.  I would like to know kung paano ba ako makakarating ng HSS if galing ako ng Anonas?

May derecho bang byahe ng jeep papunta dun? I was thinking kasi na mag LRT2 na lang ako then get off Betty Go? then from there hindi ko na alam kung may tric or jeep? Help please. :)

Btw, I am planning to enroll my daughter either sa St. Paul-QC or sa HSS.

iska-hazel

• Junior GirlTalker
mommy malapit sya sa immaculate conception cathedral sa cubao (kung san kinasal dongyan) sakay ka fariview-arayat na jeepney, then may tricycle dun pahatid ka HSS :)

francoise_05

• GirlTalker
Hi mommies! Anyone with little girls (preschool to Grade2) at Holy Spirit School in Ilang-Ilang? Kumusta na ang quality of education ngayon? Yung mga teachers? Dami ng assignments? and your child's holistic development, na-address ba?
All emotional pain lasts for 12 minutes, anything longer than that is self-inflicted...

mlouisse

• Probationary
mommy malapit sya sa immaculate conception cathedral sa cubao (kung san kinasal dongyan) sakay ka fariview-arayat na jeepney, then may tricycle dun pahatid ka HSS :)

walking distance ba sya from the cathedral?

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
same question po as sis ellyn0803. nalilito din ako meron bang holy spirit sa fairview? naghahanap kasi kami ng exclusive school. novaliches/caloocan area kasi kami

There's a Holy Spirit in BF Homes, Quezon City near Commonwealth. 

^ Yes.

blinktwice

• GirlTalker
Hi Mommies,,does anyone here who can give me information on applying my daughter in Miriam College? Is the entrance exam difficult? She's incoming grade 1.

binggay

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Career-woman, devout wife, and supermom!
My daughter is currently in Grade 4 na sa Miriam, pero naaalala ko pa when she took the exam years back.

It's the usual exam + interview. Parents are only allowed until the receiving area. Then the girls who will take the exam (nung time ng anak ko, 3 sila for that assigned schedule), will be picked up by someone who will bring them to the exam room. Sabi ng anak ko noon, mejo far din daw nilakad nila. Iniwan kami ng husband ko and other parents, and we were told we can leave campus for a while to have breakfast sa nearby Petron station. We were back in about an hour, then after a while anjan na yung mga girls.

My daughter said the exam wasn't difficult, even the interview. My daughter naman kasi is likas na madaldal, hehe. Yung naghatid nga sa kanya pabalik sa amin, nagkwento pa. Sabi niya daw sa daughter ko, "Your dress is very nice. Can I have it?" Ang sagot ng anak ko, "Thank you, but my clothes won't fit you because it's too small for you." Heehee.

Basta it's the basics naman na dapat alam na ng bata by that age (letters, numbers, can read, understand, follow directions, etc) then for the interview just ask her yung normal questions that we practice our kids with (what's your name, how old are you, where do you live, what does your mom do, do you have brothers or sisters, etc).

Good luck!

rayminmax

• Probationary
hi mommy @binggay! just saw this thread and i was reading the previous posts. I saw that you
started it. Just to ask your feedback regarding Miriam GS? I also read that you chose Miriam over HSS. TIA

binggay

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Career-woman, devout wife, and supermom!
Hi Sis rayminmax! Very happy naman ako sa Miriam. My daughter is thriving and she is making a lot of friends. She is really happy at school, thank God. :)

Curriculum-wise, I am satisfied. My older son goes to Ateneo, and they use the same books, so kahit papano at par with the Atenean curriculum ang Miriam. They also have a lot of extra-curricular activities like intrams, book fairs, etc. that my daughter enjoys a lot.

Ang gusto ko lang din sa Miriam, (in comparison sa son ko), they have homework everyday, pero di naman bugbog yung mga bata. They set rules as to the maximum exams they have in a day, no exams for major subjects on Mondays (so the kids can enjoy naman the weekend kahit papano), so the teachers coordinate to make sure the kids aren't loaded to the point of getting too stressed.

Sa Ateneo kasi go lang ng go sa bigayan ng homework at exam. Well, my son is in high school, so baka ganun talaga. I am just thankful that he is coping well too.

HSS is also a very good school, sa side ng husband ko, most of the girls went to HSS for grade school, then Miriam for high school. HSS would've been a good option too, pero naging malaking factor din sa decision ko yung proximity ng Miriam sa Ateneo (para isang hatid lang sa umaga). :)

rayminmax

• Probationary
Thank you mommy binggay for the inputs. =) It's nice that they are considerate on
giving homeworks during weekends and test during mondays. =)

By the way, How's the traffic going to miriam in the morning? super traffic ba? tia
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:30:28 pm by mama squeak! »

newbeymum

• GirlTalker
hello mommies... I have a toddler daughter she just turned 2 last MAy 26 and I already enrolled her to a toddler class in a school inside our village the teaching is good Montessori type. We are from Commonwealth avenue area now I am planning to enrol her next year when she turns 3 to a big school that offer Nursery kinder program. I am eyeing on School of the Holy Spirit in BF home and the Holy Spirit in Cubao tho proximity wise the one in BF homes is nearer to our place. Definitely School of the Holy Spirit tuition fee rate is much affordable compared to Miriam by 50%. My question is why Miriam is more expensive than Holy? is it bec Miriam has a higher standard or better facilities? Please enlighten me mommies... Thank you ij advance ;)

sophiaalonzobul

Hi! Saw this thread and there are a lot of you talking about HSS and SHS. I'm from Bulacan, graduate of Holy Spirit Academy of Malolos, kasister school nyo rin hehe. My sister studies there too. Ang HSAM dito sa Bulacan ay the most prestigious school. Grabe talaga ang mga taga Holy. Galing maghubog ng mga estudyante :) For tuition fee, my alma mater is known for one of the most expensive tuition fees here in the province, although mas mura dito compared sa manila. For expenses including everything, it's about 60k plus. Kilalang kilala ang holy dito rin saamin. Super simple ng mga girls diba? Pero coed dito. Galing din mag english. Dito saamin, kapag nagaaral ka sa holy, people will look up to you kasi kilala sya na pang matalino at mabait! hehe at pang mayaman na rin, sabi nila, kasi kung manila based daw ang HSAM, tuition fee would range similar to Ateneo & Miriam, 100k or something. Pero truly kahit mayayaman ang nagaaral sa holy, super humble at mababait ang mga bata. Proud HSAian! The Holy Triune God lives in our hearts, and in the hearts of all people! ❤️

Firstlady

• Probationary
Sorry mommies ha. I didn?t graduate from HSS but my now ex-boyfriend who is an NTP (Non-teaching personnel) of the school does not exhibit good qualities of an HSSian. Should not they lead by example since they technically manage the school? Dapat maganda rin ugali ng NTP just like teachers. Im not sure if the quality of education is good but, I dont recommend this school just because he flirted with another NTP. Their principles should be God-focused not ?flirt-focused.? dapat they have good morals.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close