watch now

Author Topic: Yoga [Thread 2]  (Read 156188 times)

10tequilashots

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #420 on: August 14, 2013, 04:20:48 pm »
^so sis, would you say na mas mainit ang bikram? I've attended several sessions before and found it too hot. Now, I want to try naman hot yoga sa Yoga+ and trying to gauge if kakayanin ko.

sis lavieenrose - thanks for the feedback!

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #421 on: August 14, 2013, 04:50:18 pm »
sis OD, care to share kung anong name and saan yung bikram studio sa Greenhills? How big ang class, and strict ba sa attire or ok lang me sleeves ang shirt? TIA! :)

emtan

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #422 on: August 18, 2013, 12:28:34 pm »
Hello! Can anyone recommend a good yoga studio sa QC area na affordable? Thank you very much!

OD

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2013, 07:22:11 pm »
^^ most definitely sis, if I recall it correctly they maintain a temp of 40C for the entire session. There were a couple of instances where someone was compelled to go out of the room. She can no longer stand the heat, i bet. So, maybe for a beginner it shld be ok for you to test the waters coz you can stop if ever. But you have to do it very discreetly as the teachers there are rather strict about interruptions. Pero mabait and very approachable naman sila. The Greenhills studio is not connected with the makati and Timog studios, FYI. :)

^ it's along Connecticut St. Sis. I forgot the name of the bldg but it is where Conti's is and it's beside Belo's Greenhills clinic. Shirt is ok. That's the preferred garment of a friend of mine but I don't find it comfortable bec of the heat. You don't need to be wearing 2-pc set like the ones you are seeing from their promotional photos. Ako kasi I wear racerback tops Lang and shorts. :) wag ka mag-leggings, mainit!




bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #424 on: August 19, 2013, 09:11:07 pm »
^ thanks for sharing, sis. Will check it out soon.. actually, sanay ako na leggings, sports bra then manipis na shirt pang-over.. nako-conscious kasi ako sa tyan and underarms ko, hehe.. yung sa Eastwood, nasa website nila na di pwede ang shirt.. btw, how big is the class, ilang people at a time?

OD

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #425 on: August 20, 2013, 01:19:56 pm »
^ ^ uhm, I'd say about 15-20 peeps were there when I attended the evening classes. Malaki studio sa Greenhills.

Wag ka na ma-concious sis! Majority,if not all, are unmindful of how others fare in terms of physique esply since most attendees are regulars na. And youll notice everyone goes to their own "personal space" once the class starts and progresses. You will be drawn only to your body and strength as you go along the poses just as the others do. You wont be able to focus and follow the poses sustainably if youre not focused. You can bring an extra shirt if you can't help it. Wala naman restrictions na Ganon sa Sundar in Greenhills.

Hello! Can anyone recommend a good yoga studio sa QC area na affordable? Thank you very much!

Girl, San ka sa QC? Meron kasi in Ever Commonwealth that offers unlimited class for 1 week for only 800. They hold 3-4 classes in a day. May free trial class din sila. The studio is Samyana yoga and is under a new management. They have a Facebook page, btw. Sa UP Diliman area, there's Ananda Marga in Sikatuna which I believe is one of the pioneering studios in the Phils and the rates are cheaper compared to the average rate of 400-500 for a single class. There's another one in the same vicinity but I haven't been there yet. Medyo mababa din rate nila. It's being run by teachers from UP CHK, if I recall it right. I'll try to find info about it and will post it here.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:28:28 pm by OD »

OD

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #426 on: August 20, 2013, 01:27:59 pm »
Hello! Can anyone recommend a good yoga studio sa QC area na affordable? Thank you very much!

Girl, San ka sa QC? Meron kasi in Ever Commonwealth that offers unlimited class for 1 week for only 800. They hold 3-4 classes in a day. May free trial class din sila. The studio is Samyana yoga and is under a new management. They have a Facebook page, btw. Sa UP Diliman area, there's Ananda Marga in Sikatuna which I believe is one of the pioneering studios in the Phils and the rates are cheaper compared to the average rate of 400-500 for a single class. There's another one in the same vicinity but I haven't been there yet. Medyo mababa din rate nila. It's being run by teachers from UP CHK, if I recall it right. I'll try to find info about it and will post it here.

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #427 on: August 20, 2013, 07:41:11 pm »
Thanks, sis OD. Nami-miss ko na mag-bikram.. one year na ako walang yoga.. I used to do it 3x a week, for about 1.5years when we temporarily lived in Dubai.. i loved my studio there kasi average of 6-8pax lang per class. Ako lang ang pinay sa morning class. Pero yun nga, i wear a light shirt over my sports bra so i can focus more. otherwise, nako-conscious ako sa nakikita ko sa mirror, haha! pagbalik namin dito sa manila, di na ako nakabalik. Hope to get back by September.

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #428 on: August 21, 2013, 01:39:23 pm »
Matagal ko na gusto itry magyoga, ngayon lang me budget and time. I'm looking for a yoga studio in Makati na affordable sana... Gusto ko itry yung bikram kaya lang ang nakita ko is 4k a month for unlimited sessions, mahal. Haha. Mas mura pa maggym sa Fitness First. Any suggestions of affordable yet okay yoga studios in Makati? Preferably yung hot room ang venue.  ::)

lavieenrose

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #429 on: August 22, 2013, 12:24:15 am »
^ I'm not sure if you can find more affordable studios in Makati, I know of Bliss Yoga (http://www.blissyogamanila.com/rates) and Yoga+ (rates about the same)

Maybe you can try the beginner's unlimited weekly package and see from there.

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #430 on: August 22, 2013, 09:11:45 am »
^Hmmm. Thanks sis. Baka dun na lang ako sa Bliss Yoga kasi malapit sa office namin. I think meron din sila nung hot flow pero di ata regular ang classes.

Escapaira

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #431 on: August 29, 2013, 07:05:46 am »
Anung yoga style ang pwede macorrect ang posture?

lengskiii

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #432 on: August 30, 2013, 12:45:32 pm »
Hi mga sis! :D

Sino po ang nagyoyoga sa Yoga+ The Fort? Balak ko kasi magenroll. :)

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #433 on: August 30, 2013, 02:19:50 pm »
Girl, San ka sa QC? Meron kasi in Ever Commonwealth that offers unlimited class for 1 week for only 800. They hold 3-4 classes in a day. May free trial class din sila. The studio is Samyana yoga and is under a new management. They have a Facebook page, btw. Sa UP Diliman area, there's Ananda Marga in Sikatuna which I believe is one of the pioneering studios in the Phils and the rates are cheaper compared to the average rate of 400-500 for a single class. There's another one in the same vicinity but I haven't been there yet. Medyo mababa din rate nila. It's being run by teachers from UP CHK, if I recall it right. I'll try to find info about it and will post it here.

Sis, na try mo na ba dito?

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #434 on: August 30, 2013, 04:08:36 pm »
Nae-excite na ako. Decided to try out Yoga+ in Ortigas (nearer to me than their Fort or Makati branch), tumawag na ako kahapon to inquire. I plan to start Monday or Tuesday next week. :) 1.5yrs na since my last yoga session, so good luck to me next week. hehe...

avesoriano

  • Guest
Re: YOGA
« Reply #435 on: September 05, 2013, 11:36:54 am »
There was a thread here before. Syng hindi ako nakapagbackread. have you started your classes?

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: YOGA
« Reply #436 on: September 05, 2013, 02:26:10 pm »
Merong Yoga Plus in BGC. You can check their website for exact location, schedule of classes, etc.

avesoriano

  • Guest
Re: YOGA
« Reply #437 on: September 06, 2013, 07:29:01 am »
Anywhere near manila or boni ave?

px17

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #438 on: September 16, 2013, 12:00:32 am »
Mga sis recommend kayo ng yoga class for beginners. I'm planning to enroll para mawala anxiety ko.

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Yoga [Thread 2]
« Reply #439 on: September 16, 2013, 12:10:11 am »
^ sis, sang area ka? I recently signed up with Yoga+ in Ortigas. I got the one month unlimited, and so far I'm enjoying naman kahit madami ako poses na di nagagawa, hehe.. ok ang mga teachers and all classes pwede ang beginners. Iga-guide ka naman, and most of the time me modifications ng poses for beginners.. meron din sila branches in Makati and in BGC. :) aside from Yoga+, I heard good feedback din sa Bliss Yoga, sa Makati yata sila...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close