We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on FemaleNetwork.com. By continued use, you agree to our privacy policy and accept our use of such cookies. Find out more here.
Remember Me
Oops! Sorry!
A message has been sent to
johnjones@gmail.com
Click on the link in the email to set a new password.
Click on the link to activate your account.
Hello! I have a question and I'm sorry if it will sound clueless but are developmental pediatricians only consulted for very young children who don't seem to reach certain milestones at an expected time? Basically, what I really want to know is when should a parent consider consulting a developmental pediatrician? Could devped be consulted for an older kid, say 10 years old?Hope some one can enlighten me. Thank you in advance.
hi mga mommies.i have been a lurker for quite some time now.my baby is 1 year and 9 months. late na po siya nagwalk. ngayon po, hindi pa kase siya nagsasalita. pag may gusto, sinasabi lang si AAAAAA. pag may ayaw, pipikit yung eyes niya. pag naiinis or nagagalit eh biglang ipukpok ang head sa akin pag carry ko siya or sa bed. parang to show na ayaw or galit siya.the word "ma" nasasabi naman niya pero pag tinanong mo lang. natatakot po ako sa situation niya. sana po wala naman yun. i called speech therapy centers pero i am waitlisted, pati devped waitlisted ako. by June and August pa yung earliest.i really hope nothing is wrong with my baby.huhuhu
My son is 18 months, ha can't say any words yet. He has eye contact and turns whenever his name is being called. He can also follow simple instructions like: bring me your ball; points to objects. pero no words yet. I'm feeling praning, worried and anxious, lahat lahat na for the reason that his cousin ( my sister's son) was diagnosed with autism.I made an appointment with a devped and schedule namin next week. To those moms whose kids were diagnosed with autism, how early did you consult a devped?
^ sis.. ngayon mag 4 na siya. Ok na siya maglakad sis pero matagal talaga. pero 'yung interaction niya sa tao hindi gaya ng ibang bata. I might consider bringing him sa dev pedia. Kase may pinsan akong may autism din ang anak, so sabi niya, ipacheck ko nga din.