Hi mommies! Like most of you, I've been overwhelmed upon receiving a recommendation from my son's gym teachers at Britesparks int'l school to have my son checked 8.5 years ago. We called all dev. Ped to get a schedule and whoever is available to see us, we always confirm the appointment. It has always been dr. Alexis Reyes who we hear of being the best, in fact she was the dev. Ped who's highly recommended by the school's gym teachers who happen to be PTs as well. since we couldn't get a sched right away, we saw Dr. Benitez (She's the first to be available) but Our concern Lang was she was texting in between consultations so I felt Uncomfortable, we ended the consultation for an hour which I think wasn't enough for our initial meeting. My son was diagnosed with ASD and although it was difficult to accept, we already saw that there's something wrong. At 1.8, we enrolled him at icbb for toddler class. He was so okay and at 2, he knows his colors, shapes, numbers, alphabet very well until he turned 3. We then got to see dr. Dimalanta at st. Lukes, had him assessed by teachers tisha (ot) and Mae said on (speech and Language pathologist). We were doing okay and started with ot. And speech after that,together with aqua therapy at therapy works paranaque. We had to move him to community of learners coz Britesparks was just starting with their inclusion program which I felt was a waste of time and money coz they weren't prepared For that. Alongside school, he was on one-on-one program with SHINE intervention program. I had to pull him out again after 2 years coz they can't give him more than an hour considering piña-pullout nila my son as COLF they can't give him more hours naman...anyway we had him Do ABA sessions at home but eventually we had to stop coz we keep changing therapists/practitioners (they always leave syempre better opportunities abroad) and nakakaawa na Rin our son Kasi from 9-7 school and therapy nalang mon-fri. We stopped seeing dr. Dimalanta na din coz parang walang direction yung ginagawa namin, he wants us to try this and that but I don't think it's really designed for my son. He's nice, very machika with us but yun nga, we want something modified. He can't give us his clear stand on biomeds,gfcf diet,hyperbarich etc. We went sa states to have our son checked with peptide test, complete food allergy, presence of heavy metals, etc (about 8 diff. Tests) before having him undergo on a gfcf diet and biomeds...We just realized after one year that it wasn't working for my son...he's not allergic to gluten and casein anyway but we still put him on strict gfcf...we didn't notice anything when we took him out of the diet and biomeds and gave regular food...after all the things we tried,we tried to simplify our son's routine. I believe i have the best team (teacher tisha ot and teacher Giselle slp) in therabilities so I think we're still on the right track...at age 5 he started regressing in language, the previous selective,echolalic has turned into non-verbal. I blame myself for not watching out his mmr shots given in the US but there's no use dwelling into it...we went to dr. Dizon for an iep program and sees dr. Joseph regalado (psychologist) if we have concerns for his behavior especially now that he's expected to have changes as he approaches puberty.he's also a pedia so we're just lucky to chance upon his being a psychologist as well (sometimes I need him to explain things to me so more for myself din yung consult pag overwhelmed nako).., the good news arrived when finally I got an appointment with dr. Alexis Reyes! After a year and a half ( I didn't get to follow up na after seeing dr. Benitez and dr. Dimalanta) of trying to get one again....we just realized we did so many things na pala and have gone to conventions everywhere...we are going to do a program structured for my son together with the therapies and school program...it's good to find new ways and not be complacent with what we are doing for our son...to the moms of kids who recently got their kids diagnosis, never stop finding ways.true overwhelming and sometimes nakakapagod but we just have to do what we gotta do. Pls. Don't be overwhelmed like me, when you have developmental concern, go to a dev. Ped you're most likely get to work well with...