watch now

Author Topic: Catering thread 4  (Read 191447 times)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #500 on: March 18, 2013, 01:45:14 pm »
thank you sis pinkpunk! I got Spark + Twinkle for my styling. I think there were a bunch of other nice stylists posted by sis m_lim in the decor thread :)

sis m_lim have you decided na on a stylist and theme?

sis bibits, I think ok naman, you don't have anything else fried :)

mrsamurao

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #501 on: March 19, 2013, 12:28:32 pm »
Hi, everyone!

I'm new here. I don't really post but today, I felt compelled to write about Numeriano's Catering. They had a promo on Ensogo last week and I was one of the unlucky few who thought it was a good deal. It's not.

I called up Numeriano's Catering on March 13 before buying the voucher. I spoke with the owner, Nadine, and informed her that I plan to use the voucher on April 7, 2013 for a baby shower that I was planning to throw for a friend. I wanted to see if the date is available and she confirmed that it was. She then told me about some corrections in the menu package and areas that will be subjected to a transportation fee. She also informed me that since the event is going to be held on the 2nd floor, I would have to pay for a 1K labor fee. I agreed to it and asked if there's anything else I needed to know. She said nothing and to just call her back again once I bought the voucher so she can send me the contract. Thinking that everything is ok, I went ahead and made the purchase.

I called Numeriano's again today with the intention to formally book April 7 and to my surprise, Nadine's staff informed me that they cannot cater on a weekend without incurring a fee of Php 1,500.00. I then told her that Nadine never mentioned about it when I first called her up. The staff, Ida, then suggested I read the voucher details because the weekend exclusion was stipulated there. Thinking I overlooked that part in the voucher, I told her I'd check my voucher again and will call Nadine right away. When I checked my voucher, I was relieved to see that there wasn't anything about not being able to use the voucher during weekends (only on public holidays, special occasions and the whole month of December 2013). I called Nadine on her mobile phone and asked if she could clear things up. She then confirmed what her staff said--they won't cater on a weekend without charging an additional fee. I asked her why she never brought it up when we first spoke to each other. She said and I quote, "Hindi ko po chineck na Sunday pala ang April 7." She also said. "Hindi niyo din naman tinanong." I told her it wasn't my fault she didn't check the date. What reputable caterer doesn't own a calendar anyway? I then reminded her that I never asked about the labor fee and other details she told me when we talked (such as strictness of headcount and no outside food). I told her it was her obligation to proactively tell me everything there is to know. Frustrated at this point, I told her it's not my fault she didn't check the date. I then told her that the my voucher never said anything about using the voucher on a weekend. To this, she replied "Ma'am, nakalagay po sa voucher Reservation Hours are Mondays-Fridays, 9-6pm. Yung reservation hours, catering hours din po ibig sabihin nun. At kapag po weekend, automatic na special occasion na po yun." I couldn't believe her excuse! I told her that the reservation hours could easily be understood as their business hours in which you could call to make a reservation. That, if they won't allow weekend events, she should have made it clear in the voucher. She then told me that it was stipulated in the contract. A contract I have yet to see. I told her she can't use the contract as an excuse because the voucher needs to be bought first. I haven't seen the contract, I don't know what details it has. I, as a buyer, am only going with what the voucher says.  Seeing that arguing with her will only be useless, I ended the call.

Long story short, I, along with others who bought the voucher, am now asking for a refund. Nadine was not even apologetic. Even went as far as telling me, "Wala akong kasalanan. Nasa contract po yun. Wala pa po kaming service renderred." Wow. Just goes to show how little she knows about customer service. No wonder!

funky f

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #502 on: March 19, 2013, 12:41:55 pm »
Ang masasabi ko lang is, it's all her fault.  You called prior to purchasing the deal to clarify all things you could think of so it was her responibility to tell you that.  And re: reservation sked, ang labo lang huh!  You're correct with how you defined it.  Pati special occassion!  Technically, pano ba idefine ang special occassion?  Bakit ka naman papa-cater kung walang special occassion? Labo lang.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #503 on: March 19, 2013, 03:52:09 pm »
Wouldn't most catering events fall on a weekend?? Weird naman....

mistiqshannen

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #504 on: March 26, 2013, 06:01:18 pm »
Hi mga sis pls help me I cannot decide padin if I should go with cavite based caterer or queensland. Sila lang kasi
pasok sa budget ko for 210 per head in queensland i have 4 viands na of ulam. Tapos 500 lang naman
idagdag for delivery fee. though me 10% SC na sila plus 12VAT pa samantalang yun sa cavite 10% SC lang.

kaso my problem wil the cavite base caterer yun ribbon ng chairs kasi nila super simple lang
unlike queensland.. Baka you can suggest a tried and tested menu selection para naman
makapili ako.. Thanks

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #505 on: March 29, 2013, 08:35:40 am »
Sisses si party time Philippines ba as in siya Mismo yung caterer or subcontract Lang from other caterer?

princessmia08

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #506 on: April 04, 2013, 09:17:31 pm »
Kumusta ang serving ng Bistro 109? I mean hindi ba mukhang 1:1? :) Like if I reserve for 100pax, kumusta buffer nila?

bibits

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #507 on: April 05, 2013, 10:12:32 am »
^when's your event sis? will let you know after our event sa may. although im sure sis khriseee will be able to answer your question :)

had our food tasting earlier this week with bistro 109 and it was a pleasant experience. asikasong asikaso kami ng parents ko, chef chino was there and may explanation pa per dish na sini serve sa min :) then winner ang carbonara and roast beef for me, the pasta even remininded of the carbonara dish at chelsea hehe. the parmesan fish was ok too, my parents liked it. then the kiddie menu, pinatake home nalang ni anne. hoping the good service would be tuloy tuloy to our event in may:)

Diane

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #508 on: April 05, 2013, 10:38:36 am »
^saan food tasting nila? may website ba sila?

oreo08

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #509 on: April 05, 2013, 09:17:55 pm »
I'm torn between Verleo and Blue Petals... mas cheap yun Blue Petals na rate for 7 viands (excluding desserts) so pwde pa ako magdagdag ng 1 more viand IF needed and still, mura pa rin sya!

Nagtanong rin ako sa Centertable and Queensland... the latter is out na kasi wala silang rectangular tables na gusto ko.

Pero ewan ko ba, mas type ko Verleo and Blue Petals!

Alin ang mas ok sa centrepieces at service? Or parehong ok lang naman?

jhayie

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #510 on: April 10, 2013, 01:40:16 pm »
Hello!

Just want to inquire if anyone here had recently booked Robert Camba. I've read mixed reviews about them. Most of the nega comments pertains to their service, food is ok. I would just want to know if this is still the feedback for them. Most reviewers kasi is from 2010 pa.

thanks!

bibits

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #511 on: April 11, 2013, 10:13:35 pm »
^saan food tasting nila? may website ba sila?

sa commissary nila in taguig near acacia estates, they FB page but i don't think nakapost dun  menu nila

princessmia08

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #512 on: April 15, 2013, 11:20:56 pm »
Thanks Bibits, I got them na actually :) Yes please balitaan mo ko :)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #513 on: April 16, 2013, 12:02:26 am »
sis bibits, glad your food tasting went well! What's your final menu? :)

sis princessmia, their rates includes a 10% buffer na. Food was enough naman, though you may want to add extra if you have heavy eaters as guests hehe

sweet_cherry

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #514 on: April 16, 2013, 03:04:30 pm »
anyone here who has the package for bistro109? wala pa sila rep sa kin e :(

bibits

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #515 on: April 16, 2013, 11:03:13 pm »
sis khriseee, here's our final menu for adults :)

Penne with Seafood in Marinara Sauce
Roast Beef Medallions with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Parmesan Encrusted White Fish Fillet with Corn and Peas
Buffalo Wings in Sweet and Spicy Glaze
Vanilla Panna Cotta with Kiwi, Mangoes and Candied Walnuts
Banoffee Tartlets

sis princessmia08, really you got them na din? ok packages nila diba :)did you have foodtasting with them already?

princessmia08

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #516 on: April 17, 2013, 12:46:02 am »
Ay no na. I didn't know that I could ask for that. I trusted lang the feedback and reviews I've read :)

I like that I could request for things without being charged too much. Actually I gave them my budget and the number of pax we're having and they customized a menu based on that. So so happy that they were able to work on what I could pay them :)

I did not get desserts na kasi we have a dessert table already c/o my planner - Let's Party and Design Avenue :)

Diane

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #517 on: April 17, 2013, 06:49:52 am »
sis bibits , from the menu of your choice, magkano per head yan?

ceejhei

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #518 on: May 07, 2013, 03:59:25 pm »
mga sis, sino naka try sa febonding catering? any feedbacks? also with Tresmarias catering. yung tresmarias maayos
ang pagkaka present nila ng packages at mura din.. thanks in advance!

yang

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #519 on: May 12, 2013, 03:31:50 pm »
im in scout din for a caterer na accredidted ng venue

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close