watch now

Author Topic: Catering thread 4  (Read 191319 times)

missoni

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2011, 09:35:03 pm »
oo nga sis eh. hay. nagpost pa naman ako ng review for LM sa SP na forum (where i got the idea of getting LM since super rave sila with this caterer). hay. :( I'm looking for another caterer for our next family event. Yung sa Josiah's ok sana yung food but i do not know if okay yung price ng packages nila, hindi kasi ako yung magbabayad sa next event. hehe. And medyo mabagal magreply if nag inquire through email.

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2011, 09:54:47 pm »
Medyo pricey na rin yata ang josiah's e. Hay nako. Nakakadisappoint nga rin talaga kasi parang all praises sila sa food quality ng lola mamang's pero I guess I expected too much lang din talaga. Nagpapaquote nga ako sa swan catering, cuillere (Natry ko na food nito and ang yummy! And the set-up was simple yet elegant kasi it was for a wake) and I'm tryna find the siteof classic chef catering din. I'll share with you whatever feedback it is I get about these.

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2011, 09:34:31 am »
I had a weird dream last night. Nagkulang daw food sa party ng son ko. I'm getting paranoid tuloy if the menu I have is filling enough. Passion Cooks is catering our merienda cena. 1 hr only is the eating time allotted by Gymboree (our venue).

Pasta Bolognese
Chicken and ham crepe
Quiche
Wild Mushroom vol-au-vant
Panna cotta

Then, I have choco cupcakes for the kids and for the adults Decadent Chocolate Cake and Taisan cupcakes. Do you think this is filling enough? Kasi if comparing it to mcdo parties, usually busog na with chicke, spaghetti, fries and sundae. My AE said with the food they're providing plus the desserts i'm bringing, if eaten all together nakakabusog na din naman. But im paranoid. Or do you think I should still add? Im thinking of adding two party trays of the fish fingers wrap as additional choices for the adults. Or ordering hush puppies and corn dogs from a nearby store in Shangri-la.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:37:16 am by hunny_ally »

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2011, 10:06:51 am »
^ Ally, enough na ang food for merienda cena.  Passion Cooks naman ay generous sa servings.  Nagulat din ako last time I ordered party trays from them na good for 50 pax, ang daming natira kasi ang generous ng servings. 

To give you an idea, for the crepe, they allot 2 pieces per person.  One piece is filling na.  For the quiche din, 2 pieces per person ang 1 serving nila but usually, guests only get 1 piece.

But the fish finger wraps are so good ha.   ;)

Dacian

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2011, 11:06:07 pm »
how much kaya per head yung children package menu ng red chef?  anyone knows?

anne08

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2011, 01:07:20 pm »
For my niece's 1st birthday party Big Bob's Burgers of Mercato Centrale catered our party. Our guests raved and loved the food, and a lot of the guests said that the food served is not your usual kiddie party fare.  Here's the menu that Big Bob's prepared for us:

Charcoal Grilled on the spot:

Mini Big Bob's Burgers - Smaller version of their 1/3 lb. burger stuffed with mozarella and cheddar cheese.
Ribeye Steak - aged and seasoned.  Very tender talaga.  There was no need to use knives.
BBQ - also very tender and with the right amount of bbq sauce, hindi dry.
Hotdogs - favorite ng kids, and this is what the guests munched on while waiting for their orders to be grilled.

Big Bob's Side dishes:

Salad Bar
Potato Chips
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Corn on a cob
Cheesy Marble Potatoes
Carrot Rice

Dessert: 
Blueberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Cheesecake

Drinks:
Blue Grape Lemonade
Red Berry Iced Tea

Initially we were going to get them lang na parang food cart, yung burgers nila lang yung dapat na i-order namin.  Until we asked them if they can serve other dishes and they came up with this menu.  The price per head is a bit higher compared to other caterers, pero I think worth it naman kasi they served steaks and burgers, and hindi tinipid yung dami and serving size per person. 

Since our guests loved the food, almost all of them came back for 2nd, 3rd and 4th servings.  Some were even thankful na at least daw they don't have to line up ng mahaba in Mercato just to taste Big Bob's Burgers. 

For the moms out there who are still looking for caterers.  You can be creative in sourcing food for your party.  Big Bob's is not a seasoned caterer, but we tried them because we wanted to serve our favorite food to our guests.  And we are just happy that they delivered well.

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2011, 02:26:14 pm »
May i know how much they charged per head? Do they offer full catering services? Thanks.

gulaysk

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2011, 03:36:01 pm »
^^Sounds so yummy sis! I have the same questions as workinmom. And would you also know if they'll agree to cater in QC area?

anne08

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2011, 06:32:33 pm »
May i know how much they charged per head? Do they offer full catering services? Thanks.

Hi working mom ... they charged us Php 650 per head and this included na the chairs and tables, 5 staff for grilling station and 3 waiters.  Pero you can ask for a customized menu, umabot ng 650 yung amin kasi we requested that the steaks be 1 inch thick, puwede din kasi na 1/2 inch thick and that package I think mas mura.  Pero pag 1/2 inch thick yata yung steak hindi siya charcoal grilled, electric griller ang gagamitin nila.

Hope this helps :)

mae_s

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2011, 05:23:05 pm »
Mga sis, may nakapag try na ba dito ng Arianne's Catering? EZ Cuisine na name nila ngayon. Parang maganda din mga setup nila eh. Im just not sure if okay yung food and service. Thanks in advance mga sis! :)

Supermom Juls

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2011, 09:19:31 am »
I've tried Marthas Plate mga sisses. Mura and masarap yung food nila.

gentai_chan

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2012, 09:15:19 am »
Thanks for the Feedback sis missoni for Lola Mamang's. Sila pa naman ang choice ko for my dauighter's baptismal. Dami ko din kaseng nababasang good feedbacks sa ibang Forums. Anyway sorry to hear about that bad experience of yours..buti na lang you got back in track and stayed professional kase ako baka na highblood na lol  ;D keep posting po and thankful ako sa mga feedbacks dito..real great help for a first time mom  ;)

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2012, 12:07:03 am »
Hi guys. I need your help kasi I'm fixing the menu for my son's baptism and this is what I was thinking of: steamed rice, baked beef lasagna, baked salmon with spinach cream sauce, ox tongue with mushroom sauce, bbq spareribs, brocolli with asparagus and crabmeat, almond lychee and halo-halo. Okay na ba yung combo nung viands or para bang nakakaumay coz magiging magkakalasa?

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2012, 09:12:04 am »
^ Ma-sauce ang mga dishes.  Try to remove a dish na ma-sauce and replace it with a dry dish.

workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2012, 11:55:11 pm »
^ Ma-sauce ang mga dishes.  Try to remove a dish na ma-sauce and replace it with a dry dish.

Shocks. You think so? E I've already told the caterer about it. My AE said naman that the bbq spareribs daw is kinda dry and the baked salmon's sauce will be separate from it. If I could still have a dish replaced tom, which one should it be and what dish do you think I should replace it with?

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2012, 10:10:02 am »
^  Kung mahilig kayo sa sauce, why not di ba?  I just thought ma-sauce ang menu mo generally.  Personally, I will remove the bbq spare ribs and replace it with chicken - galantina/relleno or fried chicken.  May beef ka na kasi in the form of lengua plus may ground beef din sa lasagna so chicken na lang para mas healthy ng konti.  Or puwedeng fish fillet instead of the salmon, kaya lang baka mas type mo ang salmon.

Your caterer should be able to suggest which combo works.  If sabi niya, ok ang combo mo, I guess okay na.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:12:15 am by marose17 »

fleeting

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2012, 04:21:18 am »
sisses any feedback on Quido's Grill as caterer for children's party? Very reasonable prices nila. They have a package na P350/head with menu below.  I want to get this but I'm scared baka hindi naman masarap...

Menu 2: Japanese Cuisine

Salad

Salad Bar (6-8 toppings) with thousand island dressing/ Kani Salad

Main Courses
Tempura (Fish/Shrimp(Ebi)/Squid (Calamares)/Kani)
Chicken Terriyaki or Yakitori (grilled chicken)
Pork Tonkatsu or Pork Terriyaki
California Maki
Sukiyaki / Hapchae/Noodles/Pasta of your choice

Steamed Pandan Rice

Dessert
(Choice of two)
Buko Pandan/ Buko Salad/ Leche Flan/ Assorted Fresh Fruits
Chocolate Fountain with Fruits and Mallows

Drinks
(Choice of two)
Softdrinks and Iced Tea(bottomless)


workinmom

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2012, 10:11:20 am »
^  Kung mahilig kayo sa sauce, why not di ba?  I just thought ma-sauce ang menu mo generally.  Personally, I will remove the bbq spare ribs and replace it with chicken - galantina/relleno or fried chicken.  May beef ka na kasi in the form of lengua plus may ground beef din sa lasagna so chicken na lang para mas healthy ng konti.  Or puwedeng fish fillet instead of the salmon, kaya lang baka mas type mo ang salmon.

Your caterer should be able to suggest which combo works.  If sabi niya, ok ang combo mo, I guess okay na.

I didn't get to change na anything from my menu but buti na lang everyone liked the food naman. The bbq spareribs and the salmon could be considered na rin pala as dry dishes coz they weren't saucy. Whew!

By the way, I'd just like to share din that I just had my baby baptized last sunday and we got verleo to cater for the reception. Our menu was steamed rice, baked beef lasagna, bbq spareribs, brocolli with crabmeat and asparagues, ox tongue in mushroom sauce, baked salmon with spinach cream sauce, buko lychee and a halo-halo station. The guests loved the food and kept going back for the baked salmon especially. The sauce was separated from it so it didn't overpower the fish. The halo-halo was a hit too coz super dami nyang ingredients. As in complete sya with the leche flan and ube. The only dish which i think they should improve is the ox tongue coz it was pretty bland for me, so I don't think I'll be including that the next time I plan for my baby's 1st birthday party. I'll definitely be getting verleo again!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:26:47 am by workinmom »

stormy

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2012, 12:31:15 am »
@mae_s, nega ang experience ko sa arianne catering na yan.

We will have passion cooks again. Ito yung menu:

Roast pork with herbed cream cheese
Peppered fish with vegetables
Chicken paprika
Steamed rice

Panna cotta
Cream puffs

Fruit juice
Coffee



VShe

  • Guest
Re: Catering thread 4
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2012, 01:26:59 am »
sisses any feedback on Quido's Grill as caterer for children's party? Very reasonable prices nila. They have a package na P350/head with menu below.  I want to get this but I'm scared baka hindi naman masarap...

Menu 2: Japanese Cuisine

Salad

Salad Bar (6-8 toppings) with thousand island dressing/ Kani Salad

Main Courses
Tempura (Fish/Shrimp(Ebi)/Squid (Calamares)/Kani)
Chicken Terriyaki or Yakitori (grilled chicken)
Pork Tonkatsu or Pork Terriyaki
California Maki
Sukiyaki / Hapchae/Noodles/Pasta of your choice

Steamed Pandan Rice

Dessert
(Choice of two)
Buko Pandan/ Buko Salad/ Leche Flan/ Assorted Fresh Fruits
Chocolate Fountain with Fruits and Mallows

Drinks
(Choice of two)
Softdrinks and Iced Tea(bottomless)

Quido's catered my sis-in-law and my friend's wedding. For both, ako ang WC so i can say im a satisfied client. Our company was catered by quidos as well,700pax, they handled it so well. From set up food and service. Hindi ako napahiya sa mga big boss  hehe. Their roastbeef ala lengua is always a hit sa mga event na hinandle ko. Have not booked them for a kiddie party though.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close