watch now

Author Topic: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet  (Read 210677 times)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #360 on: September 11, 2011, 08:14:58 am »
^sis, you don't have to buy that brand if it's not available. You can substitute it with another brand. Check your leaflet for the other recommended brands.

 :)

Chuwariwap

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #361 on: September 11, 2011, 06:49:31 pm »
Thanks for the response mama squeak! Settled for another brand of crispbread na lang :)

bygrace

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #362 on: September 11, 2011, 09:04:31 pm »
sis sa Rustan's Shangri la and Robinson's supermarket. Like ko rin kasi ang Jacobs kaya I really look for it. Get some boxes na for stock  :)

achengtarush

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #363 on: September 12, 2011, 02:51:47 pm »
Last week meron sa Landmark Makati and Unimart yang Jacobs HiCal

ryns

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2011, 01:52:33 pm »
I've been backreading for a while now.

I will be getting my EP tom. My sister was declined by the clinic, I was really hoping to have a diet buddy. But I guess I'm in this by myself. Not to mention my skeptical fiancee. I am 210 lbs and I need to shed about 85-90 lbs.

achengtarush

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #365 on: September 14, 2011, 01:59:31 pm »
^sis, Cohen is not calorie based. based sya sa blood test results.  Me and my friends who are or are graduates of Cohen found the food sufficient.  Baka they are always deviating kaya nagugutom sila. Ganun kasi ang effect pag di ka 100% compliant.

And about mukhang tuyot, that's odd, kasi rapid fat loss pero di nagmumukhang tuyot.  Are they using their own program or are they using someone else's plan?

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #366 on: September 14, 2011, 02:20:39 pm »
^achengtarush! sis, graduate ka na? Galing! Congrats! You really look great. I just got my refeed plan but they don't want me to start unless I get to my max ideal weight. Hirap! I need to lose 5lbs pa even though I'm already a size 6 UK.

@sugarpop, I agree with achengtarush. Baka they are deviating. I never felt weak or hungry naman. Nor do I look tuyot after losing 30lbs. Dami nga nagsabi I look younger now.

 :) 

achengtarush

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #367 on: September 14, 2011, 02:25:00 pm »
^yup mama squeak, maintaining for 1 month and  3 days na! :D  Ended refeed at 53 kgs and my weight daily varies from 52.2 to 53.6 kgs.

Goodluck sa refeed. Nakakalokah yan, medyo complicated pero ang daming food habang tumatagal, so you will get to enjoy it.  I ended up US size 8. I fit in small or medium depende sa style. 

ryns

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #368 on: September 14, 2011, 02:26:36 pm »
ang galing mo achengtarush. ilang months total before you finally graduated? how much did you lose total?

achengtarush

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #369 on: September 14, 2011, 03:09:58 pm »
^it is advised not to start an exercise program while on the diet, unless you were doing it before.  Hmmm, gano kalaki ba ang weight loss nila so far, and how much should they lose?    How many patients have  you met and bakit ang dami mo ng na meet? :D

Ako madami na, kasi ang dami kong new friends na nameet during the diet. May Australian friend akong bago doing the Cohen diet :)

Sa hair, ako nagfalling hair. Sobrang dami, nakakatakot, pero now nagiging okay na kasi maintenance na ako. Yung skin, hmmm...dami ngang gumaganda ang skin kasi required kaming matulog ng 6 to 8 hours and drink 2 to 3 liters of water a day. Pati cellulite nawawala.

Or wait, baka naman last 5 to 10 kgs na sila.  Usually around that time yun yung "pangit" na stage kasi yung fat loss e pati face and ilalim ng eyes. Pero towards end of refeed and in maintenance umaayos na.  Yung sagging skin lalo na sa arms expected if you lose a lot like me.  I lost 89 lbs in 7 months pero sabi ng mga graduates the body will repair itself in a year. No need for surgery.  E since 1 month pa lang ako maintaining, di pa ako makaka vouch for this.

Pink*ladybug

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #370 on: September 14, 2011, 05:05:27 pm »
it's the hairloss issue again - I'm really worried about that.  I've re-sched my seminar twice because of that.

I mean, my hair is not that thick.  Every strand is precious, so even if it grows back, parang nakakatakot.  Kasi what if it does not grow back?  I need to lose 30 pounds  (based on my own computation), so maybe not as much as some of you here.  Can they tailor fit my program such that I don't lose weight as drastically as, say, someone who needs to lose 100 pounds?

No judgement here, I just want this diet to work, for me, and for others  :)


Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #371 on: September 14, 2011, 06:11:16 pm »
^My two cents: buy the Southbeach Medical diet book, follow the diet to the letter, take Biotin, Multivitamins and Fish Oil capsules. :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #372 on: September 14, 2011, 06:51:40 pm »
@sugarpop, I understand your concern surrounding the program. I was sceptical the first time I heard about Cohen. But I was desperate to lose weight! Specially after my hysterectomy I was warned by my doctors that there is a tendency to gain weight kung hindi ako mag-ingat. To start with ang "healthy" ko na nga! I was classified as class 1 obese with hypertension (with maintenance meds) and high cholesterol.

I have tried almost all the weight loss programs there is out there. I have tried taking pills. I've had lipos too (plural yan ha!)  ;D  The initial weight I lost, I gained in a matter of months. Plus the scars will be with me for a looong time. So sige na nga, try ko si Cohen.

Every individual is different and the effectivity/effects will be different. For me, the program is effective. I'm one of the lucky ones that didn't have the side effects that have been mentioned here. No hair loss, loose/dull skin, etc. So far, I've lost 30lbs and need to lose 5 more. Plus I am no longer on my hypertension meds since my BP has normalised, my cholesterol is good. So yes, I slimmed down without sacrificing quality of life, skin elasticity and a healthy glow.

The challenge now for me is to maintain my healthy weight. Ayoko nang tumaba!

 :)

JINJIN:*

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2011, 07:37:53 pm »
questions lang po.

Im 71 kg at 31. Im doing excercise everyday now (1 hour at least). Im loosing weight daw and I can feel na lumuluwag nga ang mga damit ko, pero mahina ang pag lose ng weight ko. My goal is to be between 60-65kg max so I need at least 8kgs to loose. I'm just loosing half a kilo per week!!!!!!!

If you where in my shoes..will you go for this diet or stick nalang sa excersice. I mean 55k is not a small amount kung yun nga fee neto. Tipong slowly but surely. Thanks!

ryns

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #374 on: September 14, 2011, 08:56:06 pm »
questions lang po.

Im 71 kg at 31. Im doing excercise everyday now (1 hour at least). Im loosing weight daw and I can feel na lumuluwag nga ang mga damit ko, pero mahina ang pag lose ng weight ko. My goal is to be between 60-65kg max so I need at least 8kgs to loose. I'm just loosing half a kilo per week!!!!!!!

If you where in my shoes..will you go for this diet or stick nalang sa excersice. I mean 55k is not a small amount kung yun nga fee neto. Tipong slowly but surely. Thanks!

If i were in ur shoes, if it will make you feel better then go for it di ba? If exercise works for you, stick with it. If not, find the one that will.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #375 on: September 15, 2011, 12:28:07 am »
Drastic weight loss due to extreme diets will cause hairfall. In this case, a low carb, low fat, low calorie one.

achengtarush

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #376 on: September 15, 2011, 11:44:05 am »
Before you commit yourself to the Cohen diet, commit to lifestyle change first. Kung feeling nyo magkoCohen diet kayo ng few months at pagpayat na lafang na ulit, e wag na lang. Sayang ang pera at effort.

Cohen is not for everyone. True it is a rapid weight loss program if you follow it 100% and eto na siguro na best diet for rapid weight loss. Pero to maintain it without having a lifestyle change e malabo. Babalik agad lahat ng nawala sa inyo plus more pag di nyo susundin ang management guidelines ng Cohen.

Basically sa maintenance, ang kakainin mong food, e yung kinakain mo pa din while on  diet plus additional list of veggies and fruits. Healthy eating pa din na combination ng sandamakmak na vegetables plus good protein. Ang good protein of course e lean meat and chicken breast, mga ganyan.  Hindi porke protein ang lechon e yun na yun. Mas madami na din, parang doble ng amount nung nagdidiet.  Tapos may days na na pwedeng mag dessert at carbs. Pero hindi na pwede ang sandamakmak na kanin, tinapay at pasta.

Ako, up to now, siguro mga 5 times pa lang nag rice at mga 3 tablespoons lang per meal. Bread, mga twice pa lang, pasta di ko pa kinakain.  I found out na sensitive ang body ko sa sugar and carbo talaga.  I weigh myself everyday and nagspike talaga weight ko pag kumakain ako ng bawal.  So scared ako. Sa additional fats, di ako sensitive kaya nakakain ako ng chicken with skin at fried chicken :D

And yung hairfall, not all will experience that, and even if you do, temporary lang yun. 

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:52:08 am by achengtarush »

serenity

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #377 on: September 15, 2011, 01:03:30 pm »
I guess I just know a lot of overweight people and people who wish to slim down...and my circle is big. Some of them are just 1 month into the program, others as long as 6 months. I've met around more than 10 and some of them are celebs and socialites. Yun nga lang, some stopped kasi vital to their jobs ang to look good. Hair loss and dull skin is not pretty.

Kasi ang point ko lang naman, if each Cohen dieter is properly nourished, then why are there effects like hair loss and skin problems? I mean if there are effects like that, then it would mean there's something wrong with the nutrients the person's body is getting. I'm no doctor but I guess I'm just not one of those who will jump and pay some amount to try this diet when I know what the effects are and I've seen first hand what the dieters look like after going through the program.

I don't mean na "mangbasag" ng trip. But there's always 2 sides to everything. So my question remains,----

"is it really effective? I mean you'll slim down without sacrificing quality of life, skin elasticity and a healthy glow?" add having youthful energy and no long-term grave clinical side effects to the list.

sis, sa mga kakilala ko na nag-cohen, wala naman akong nakita na pangit yung skin. in fact, gumanda nga skin nila . at hindi sila haggard  tingnan. maybe it's different strokes for different folks pero as achengtarush said earlier, it's a lifestyle change.

 baka naman kasi yung ibang kakilala mo nag-cohen's, hindi naman sila ganun ka-committed sa program. if they follow it to the letter, they get results eh. pero pag may deviation ka, yun ang problema. lalo na if they stop abruptly without  finishing re-feed. baka ma-gain pa nila lahat na na-lose nila na weight and more. important kasi na tapusin talaga yung program eh.

napansin ko rin na parang naging fad ang cohen ngayon pero hindi naman lahat nakakaintindi na it's not because you paid for it, effective na siya agad. kelangan may commitment sa person to follow the program strictly for it to be effective.

just my two cents.

JINJIN:*

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #378 on: September 15, 2011, 01:45:45 pm »
If i were in ur shoes, if it will make you feel better then go for it di ba? If exercise works for you, stick with it. If not, find the one that will.


I think i should stick to going to the gym. AS what achengtarush said, there should be a lifestyle change. The only reason I got so big was bec of depression and unhealthy lifestyle. I use to work in call center and you know how it is. It goes with eating food that is readily available in the fastfood. So I guess hindi nalang siguro, I will stick to gym and eting healthy foods. But for those sisses who is into this...goodluck and happy slimming!! You go girl!

bygrace

  • Guest
Re: Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet
« Reply #379 on: September 15, 2011, 08:51:08 pm »
hi ryns! im on my 12th day pa lang.

i'm at 196 lbs, need to lose 85-92 lbs. let's do this together!

goodluck sa first few days, just hold on.
right now, challenge sakin when i go out of town for work pero planning lang talaga.
update us with your progress : )

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close