After a betrayal, it is really impossible to trust as much as you did before.
Kahit na itali nya sarili nya sa yo 24/7, there will be times of doubt. you just have to live with it, and learn to deal with it quickly.
I like to think that behind every disaster is something valuable; that a disaster provides an opportunity to step up. When I learned about my husband's betrayal, in a way that he could not deny (God's hand really) -- I knew that was the lowest point in my life but I also grew strong because of it. So, I said to myself, this is what true disaster feels like, and I am still alive, and I believe I can go on on my own and make a better life for me and my kids. As for my husband, he realized with 100% certainty that the most important thing for him is his family, and that he should do everything to henceforth keep it safe and intact.
Did he cry when he said sorry? The next day, he cried. When he sensed my detachment and mindset to kick him out of my life. He begged for just one more chance. Claro: just 1 more chance.
After that, we became different people. Meaning, I was not the same person he married, nor was he the same person I married. IMO, therein lies the hope that our marriage will continue till death do us part.. that we are now more than just the persons we married. The acceptance of that fact, that we are different people now, is what keeps me from feeling the pain of betrayal nowadays. When I do remember it, infrequently, it is with amusement. I laugh at him, I laugh at her... and he laughs at the both of them. lol 1 of the things we are clear about is... I am not the person to be laughed at, I am not at fault though I had my share of faults too.
If you call that Forgiveness, sige. For me, it is Acceptance. But it sure isn't Forgetting... that should never be done: Forgetting. Otherwise, history will repeat itself.