Author Topic: Claret School In QC  (Read 34236 times)

jennyg

• Wedding Planner Magazine
Claret School In QC
« on: October 29, 2010, 09:52:05 pm »
I'm sending my son to Claret  next school year. Please give me an idea about the school - about their style of teaching, subjects, security etc.. it will really be of great help. Thanks!

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
Re: Claret School In QC
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:39:59 am »
^ same tayo sis. my son will be studying in claret next year. medyo big step for him kasi big school na sya next year with claret. i asked one officemate regarding claret. ok naman daw, the kids are well-grounded daw kasi hindi masyadong pa-sosyal yung school, but they really learn sa academics. i also have 2 cousins who graduated from claret. from what i see in them, mukhang nabigyan naman sila ng magandang foundation ng school kasi they were able to enter very reputable universities when they got to college. goodluck sa mga kids natin!  :)
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

byutijunkie

• Senior GirlTalker
  • lover of all things fab!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 10:03:03 pm »

finally there's a thread na about claret =)  this is one of the schools i'm eyeing for my son din kasi.  i'm planning to send him here for grade 1, he'll be in prep palang naman next year.  magkano ba ang tuition dito for grade 1?  this is an all boys school right?   
“The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!”
                   --Coco Chanel

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 05:19:17 am »
I'm a Claret alumnus and if there's one thing I can say about Claret, it's the fact that we don't have a distinguishing factor.  During my time, Claretians were known as troublemakers because of the numerous frats/gangs.  Then a few batches later, it became known as a gay school.  (And up to now, I don't know if that's an improvement, haha!)  So you see, the character changes year after year.

Pros
- Mid-price tuition fees (sorry, I can't give an exact figure);
- strict campus security;
- down-to-earth orientation (hindi pa-sosyal);
- lots of opportunities for socially-oriented (outreach) activities for older students;
- majority of high school graduates get admitted to the top 4 universities;
- no "honor section" system (and therefore, no delinquent section)
- exclusive boys' school

Cons
- exclusive boys' school (yup, it appears in both lists, haha);
- very limited curriculum - therefore, students are not well-rounded;
- has competent teachers but no great teachers;
- has a few incompetent teachers in the high school level (I hope they've mostly retired)
- has little control over bullying (which is a problem for all schools, admittedly)
- Religious instruction is perfunctory at best

byutijunkie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 12:22:25 am »
^very interesting.  thanks for the feedback mr punch.

guess, i better start looking for another school...hehe
                   --Coco Chanel

jennyg

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 09:55:53 am »
My son is studying there already. I'll just hope and pray that he will not get into any trouble while stdying there. :-)

byutijunkie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 11:11:35 pm »
^hi jenny g, my son is already scheduled for the entrance exams for incoming grade 1 next month.   what grade is your son?  mahirap ba yung exams?  i brought my son here a week ago and he liked the campus.  i've also met some kids from claret who seemed well-behaved and decent kids kaya i decided to push through with our application.  the registrar just asked if my son knew how to read, aside from this what should we prepare for ba?  tia!
                   --Coco Chanel

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 10:30:32 am »
my son is currently in Kinder. so far, the lessons are good and i think they are at par naman with the lessons given by other schools. i've talked with some friends whose sons are studying in other private schools. we compared notes and i've found na hindi naman nahuhuli ang lessons ng anak ko. so far, my son is enjoying his stay in Claret. i'm hoping that he makes the mark, para straight to Grade 1 na sya by next year (instead of passing through Prep).

freeswan

• I am the new superhero!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I am a beautiful swan
    • Swan Princess
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 11:05:17 am »
ah so na-open na ulit ang claret? d ba pinasara to dati ni bistek kasi hindi nagffollow ng tamang rules sa fire escape safety measures. parang d daw yata safe ang school.
I am happy. I am blessed. I feel loved. I am in love.

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 11:24:32 am »
^ narinig ko rin yan sis before i enrolled my son. sabi naman nung registrar, the school was able to address the issue on the safety measures (fire escape) before the current school year began.

byutijunkie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 02:46:59 pm »
^^that's good to know.  hmm...will be dropping my son's report card one of these days, i'll ask the registrar about it too.
                   --Coco Chanel

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 03:52:30 pm »
ah so na-open na ulit ang claret? d ba pinasara to dati ni bistek kasi hindi nagffollow ng tamang rules sa fire escape safety measures. parang d daw yata safe ang school.

That order had no basis actually and someone in City Hall screwed up.  Claret School is actually very well-prepared in terms of fire safety measures, with regular fire drills at that.  (With the last one held just a few days before the report came out, I think.)

I think the report was used for publicity purposes para kunwari merong ginagawa yung City Hall.  All you need to do is visit the school itself to see that the report is erroneous.

freeswan

• I am the new superhero!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I am a beautiful swan
    • Swan Princess
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 04:31:46 pm »
^ what if you yourself don't know the requirements for the safety measures? pag nakita mo lang na may safe way out, pwede na yun? i saw that news way back and nandun nga si bistek to inspect the school himself. so if that order was not true, never talaga nasara ang school?
I am happy. I am blessed. I feel loved. I am in love.

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 08:34:42 am »
^ To answer your question, nope, the school never closed.  A closure order was never issued and as shown in this link, the following are readily seen upon physical inspection.

* Automatic Emergency lights in the strategic places as required by the Bureau of Fire Protection
* Directional exit signages
* Fire extinquishers in strategic places, rooms, offices, etc
* Fire alarm system

I should note that I personally visited the school when the message was publicized and I found it to be accurate.

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 09:32:50 pm »
^ i agree with Mr Punch. when my son (who's in Kinder right now), took summer lessons last April, I had the chance to go around the school (especially in the Child Study Center where the preschool dept is). i noticed that fire extinguishers are strategically located in visible places. i was also able to note that hindi lang iisa yung entry/exit door nila so the kids will not crowd in one exit only should an emergency arise.

ishickle

• Probationary
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 12:00:06 pm »
i have tutees studying at Claret. They discouraged big bags (trolleys) so scheduled ang mga subjects. Like 3-4 subjects a day. so if hindi schedule nung subject no need to bring the books, notebook. May official notebooks din sila. May circulars for the parents and guardians. When it  comes sa academics, medyo hirap mga bata. Like no consideration sa mga quizzes and exams. Though i guess training for the kids din. Kaya lang nafrufrustrate din sila kasi let's say sentence construction, no period wrong. so lahat wrong. Kahit sa mga drills, etc. Sana they would start with deductions muna then retell the students the rules. etc.

jennyg

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 06:18:48 pm »
^hi jenny g, my son is already scheduled for the entrance exams for incoming grade 1 next month.   what grade is your son?  mahirap ba yung exams?  i brought my son here a week ago and he liked the campus.  i've also met some kids from claret who seemed well-behaved and decent kids kaya i decided to push through with our application.  the registrar just asked if my son knew how to read, aside from this what should we prepare for ba?  tia!

Hi Sis,
My son is in grade 1 now. actually they wouldn't ask you requirements until your sons is qualified to enroll na like they will ask for the original copy of his Birth Certificate, his card from his school, form 138 din. they will also give you medical and dental form that you need to submit upon enrollment.
When i asked my son naman kasi how was the exams ok naman daw, they had additions, subtractions, patterns i don't know na about the others. :-)

Just if you need anything post ka lang here bka i can help you further. :-)

byutijunkie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 12:25:04 am »
^we've already submitted the reqts indicated in their brochure.  yung report card na lang cos my son's assessment is this week pa lang in his present school.  we were already given a schedule for the entrance exams which is on oct.19 na.  i guess i'll just review my son's current lessons na lang.  to be honest, i'm very nervous about this kasi this is the only school that we're eyeing.  wala kasi akong type here in qc na within our budget e. claret lang so i'm really hoping my son passes the exam. 

do they have interviews din ba?
                   --Coco Chanel

jennyg

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 08:09:19 am »
^we've already submitted the reqts indicated in their brochure.  yung report card na lang cos my son's assessment is this week pa lang in his present school.  we were already given a schedule for the entrance exams which is on oct.19 na.  i guess i'll just review my son's current lessons na lang.  to be honest, i'm very nervous about this kasi this is the only school that we're eyeing.  wala kasi akong type here in qc na within our budget e. claret lang so i'm really hoping my son passes the exam. 

do they have interviews din ba?

My son naman didn't have to undergo an interview with Claret but you know most school does that when the child fail to pass the entrance exam and you would still show interest on enrolling your child to them. basic lang naman yta mga examination questionnaire and in multiple choice.

Goodlcuk to your son! :-)

byutijunkie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 08:16:07 pm »
^thanks jennyg. 

i'm actually reviewing my son everyday for his oct 19 test.  ang aga nga eh 7:30am! =(
                   --Coco Chanel

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close