Author Topic: Claret School In QC  (Read 34237 times)

Ymma

Re: Claret School In QC
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 07:36:43 am »
My son is an incoming grade 1 at claret. Mommies, can you suggest a good tutorial center near the school? Pm session sya and he has at least 2 hours free time in the am. Isama ko na sya sa office in the morning then drive him to claret during my lunch break. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 11:33:30 am »
^ sis Ymma, there are a couple of tutorial centers within Claret's vicinity. actually, during the enrollment season, there are those who give flyers. if i remembered it correctly, one of my son's classmates before had tutorial classes in a center na halos katabi lang daw ng Claret (forgot the name). kakwentuhan ko kasi yung mom nung bata during enrollment. hope this helps.
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

Ymma

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 04:59:58 pm »
@sis slickchick thank you for the valuable info. Am going back next week for his books and uniform. Check ko na rin yong mga tutorial centers nearby. Hope I made the right decision in enrolling him in Claret.  :)

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 05:25:14 pm »
^ as a mom with a son studying in Claret, i think so far, ok naman yung school. my son started in Claret in Kinder level, and now he's an incoming grade 2. the teachers are approachable naman, and based from my experience with my son's teachers, they are strict in the right way - as in they're able to instill discipline sa kids whenever it's needed. the lessons are challenging enough for the kids and their grade level. also based from a conversation i've had with another mom who has 2 sons - one  studying in Ateneo, the other one in Claret - same na rin daw ang curriculum ng Ateneo and Claret. she (the mom) is now considering to transfer her other son to Claret because the tuition is more reasonable. in my opinion, if there's one thing that Claret can improve on, is the manner in which they communicate schedules to the parents. based from my experience, there are (a few) occasions wherein they will give the letter or notice a few days (less than 5 days) before the date of the event. and there are also occasions wherein there is a change of schedule, and they will only notify the parents a few days (i.e. 2 days) before. as a working mom, whose work does not easily allow me to take planned leaves, i'm sometimes compelled to feign sickness and take a SL just to be able to attend those school events. but overall, i'm still ok with my son studying in Claret.

Ymma

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 09:37:58 pm »
I appreciate your honest feedback. Coming from a parent, i know it is reliable. Now i feel confident that my son is in good hands. I was not happy with his previous school. It was too late when i realized that they were lax on academics. I felt he was robbed of his two years of schooling. Well, i am partly to blame due to lack of supervision  :'( i don't want to commit the same mistake. I am challenged to make up for my son but he has to be in a good school to begin with.

I agree on the schedule issues. Being a working mom also, i don't like short notices. And yes, i understand you feigning sickness and taking sl instead just to attend school activities. If only filing of advanced sick leave is allowed at work...

Again, thanks for sharing your experience. I am excited na for my son.

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 10:09:05 am »
^ you're welcome sis!  :) just find time to look after your son's assignments and how he fares in his activities and quizzes. from there kasi, you can gauge his performance, even without the report card yet. there are also parent-teacher meet-ups within the quarter, wherein the class adviser can inform you if you son needs additional guidance. you can also set appointments with the teachers, in case you need to discuss with them the child's class standing. hope this helps.

pinkpotato

• no title. just bored.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Jeremiah 29:11
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 10:50:29 am »
Di ba from here ang son ni Miriam Santiago? Her youngest.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love Him.." R8:28

Ymma

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 12:09:37 pm »
^ you're welcome sis!  :) just find time to look after your son's assignments and how he fares in his activities and quizzes. from there kasi, you can gauge his performance, even without the report card yet. there are also parent-teacher meet-ups within the quarter, wherein the class adviser can inform you if you son needs additional guidance. you can also set appointments with the teachers, in case you need to discuss with them the child's class standing. hope this helps.

Kung fb eto i-like ko post mo.  ;D thank you!

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 05:51:35 am »
Di ba from here ang son ni Miriam Santiago? Her youngest.

The one who committed "suicide", yes.  But that can't be blamed on Claret, really.  ;)

pinkpotato

• no title. just bored.
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 11:23:24 am »
The one who committed "suicide", yes.  But that can't be blamed on Claret, really.  ;)

Ay no, wasn't blaming the school. I just remembered because I think he was my husband's batchmate.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love Him.." R8:28

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 04:25:46 pm »
^Ah, my younger brother's batchmate too.

pinkpotato

• no title. just bored.
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 12:45:10 pm »
^ naku baka magkakilala! hahaha.

Kelai

• Wife and mother of 2... I love my family!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2013, 08:31:37 pm »
My son is currently in grade 2 at Lourdes School QC and am planning to transfer him to Claret next school year. Actually he was supposed to transfer this school year kaso my son didn't want to but now he gave in to transfer to Claret. I hope am making the right decision  ???

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2013, 07:19:17 am »
^ Wjy do you want to transfer him?  Just curious.

Kelai

• GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2013, 06:56:56 pm »
^ Hi Mr. Punch. Actually, my son was supposed to go to Claret naman talaga since Kinder (he passed the entrance interview) but I wasn't able to get a school service that covers our area (Caloocan). So since he also passed Lourdes we opted for Lourdes due to location (and logistics).

Why do I want to transfer him? Well, Claret was really my choice over Lourdes. I feel that Claret has better standards, although I haven't proven this yet. Am happy with Lourdes but there are more to improve on. Maybe am happy but not satisfied. I expect more from my son's school. I've read in one of the threads here that Lourdes QC is a good school and so is Claret. Am really confused right now all I want is the best for my kids --- which we can afford :) So now, that my son agreed to transfer and we already have a driver to service him, we might try Claret but still not 100% sure on this.

I read you came from Claret Mr. Punch. Any insights on my predicaments on Lourdes and Claret?

TIA.

bump

• Work at home mom
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • living a charmed life
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2013, 03:37:55 pm »
^My son is a 6th grader in Claret. He went there since Kinder. Both schools are good. Lourdes is nearer why don't you just let him stay there. Think about the time your kid will be stuck in traffic. Nakakapagod un ha kahit nakaupo ka lang. Un additional expense for gas pa. Stick with the old school kung happy ka naman.
Je suis pre mon amour.

I am ready my love

<Signature modified by admin>

Ymma

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2013, 07:34:34 pm »
Hi, kelai. I had the same predicament too. I chose claret over lourdes and i think i made the right decision. My son likes it there. Facilities-wise, mas maganda sa claret at smaller yong class. We live in manila pa pero my son has adjusted na. Grade 1 and 2 nila half- day class lang so after school someone from tutorial center picks up my son. I am a working mom so mga 4:30 ko na sya nasusundo. We leave the house at 6 am and arrive in claret around 6:20.. Mabilis kasi wala pa traffic :) his class starts at 7 am so may time pa sila magtakbuhan sa classroom  ;D may mga mommies doon na teachers sa st. Theresa's college at sabi nila mas ok daw po sa claret. Yun lang po.

Kelai

• GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 07:06:48 pm »
^ sis ymma, until what level kayo sa lsqc? Hay... Am so torned. Tama rin si ss bump na baka mahirapan sa travel since caloocan pa kame. Well we have 6-8 months to decide...

Ymma

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »
Sis kelai, never nag lourdes son ko. He took the entrance exam pero hindi na kami sumipot sa interview. Maganda din naman nakuha ko feedback about lourdes pero para kasing gloomy or serious yong atmosphere pagpasok pa lang sa gate. Sa claret parang mas lively ang atmosphere. Mas maaliwalas mga classrooms kaya enjoy sya. It is your choice, really. Good luck ha.

kitty07

• GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 03:21:29 pm »
Mga sis, do you know if Claret accepts kids with like ADHD?  If ever you know one, how do they fair academically and socially? Class size ata kasi is more than 30 students so I want to know if those kids can still fair well with that class size.  My son kasi has ADHD but is attending regular school and doing great naman though small class size kasi sila.  He'll be grade 1 na next year.  TIA!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close