Author Topic: MINIMALIST LIVING  (Read 85672 times)

tealover

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: MINIMALIST LIVING
« Reply #480 on: October 29, 2018, 05:46:59 pm »
I can say that I am a quite a hoarder.  Looking at articles about minimalism makes me thing that maybe it's time to lessen and give away things I don't use.

Anyone has tips on how to start? to be honest thinking about it gives me a bit of anxiety since I am emotionally attached to most of the items I have.
"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."

domestic diva

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #481 on: November 05, 2018, 08:48:37 am »
I can say that I am a quite a hoarder.  Looking at articles about minimalism makes me thing that maybe it's time to lessen and give away things I don't use.

Anyone has tips on how to start? to be honest thinking about it gives me a bit of anxiety since I am emotionally attached to most of the items I have.

Baby steps. Don't buy anything you don't need.  If you haven't used an item within a year, dispose of it.  You'll probably not use it anymore.  Like the others, start with a drawer, then move on to your table, etc.  You can do it :)
Hail to St. Joseph of the Holy Cloak!

tealover

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #482 on: November 05, 2018, 04:46:38 pm »
Baby steps. Don't buy anything you don't need.  If you haven't used an item within a year, dispose of it.  You'll probably not use it anymore.  Like the others, start with a drawer, then move on to your table, etc.  You can do it :)

That's the thing, I always thing what if I will need it. Sometimes, I think I am a lost case.
But, I am thinking to sort my closet before the year ends.
"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."

Blair_w

• conscious living
« Reply #483 on: June 13, 2019, 03:46:19 pm »
^try reading Goodbye Things by Fumio Sasaki. It might change your mind set regarding the "just in case" things. ;)

sima

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #484 on: June 14, 2019, 08:52:58 am »
^Thanks for the suggestion.   Nakakaengganyo talaga ang maaliwalas na bahay.  This weekend, I hope to start cleaning and sorting out our closet.  Nakakapanghina at nakakatamad kumilos kasi sobrang init ng panahon.  At least ngayong medyo umuulan-ulan na, medyo malamig na at hindi na nakaka-alibadbad kumilos

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close