Author Topic: WHEN GOD SEEMS DISTANT  (Read 19236 times)

sweetubeng

• love to travel , shop, eat, read and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
WHEN GOD SEEMS DISTANT
« on: August 21, 2010, 02:32:13 pm »
It is easy to worship God when things are going great in your life-

when he has provided food, friends, family, health,wealth and happy

situations. but circumstances is not always pleasant. How do you

worship God then? How do you praise God when you don't understand

what's happening in your life and God is silent? what do you do when

God seems a million miles away?

Jeremiah 29:11 says, " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "

LIVE A LIFE that pleases GOD... not People.

sweetubeng

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: WHEN GOD SEEMS DISTANT
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:38:12 pm »
ok here's mine:

I admit that During times of my spiritual dryness, i felt that God is
nowhere to found. what i did is i always remind myself that he is good,  he loves me, he is with me, he knows what I'm going through, he cares,  and he has a good plan for my life. I know it's hard but this
is the only way to stay focus and at peace.

and I seek God's glory  admitting my hopelessness and feeling despair at the same time.I pour out my heart and unload every emotion that I'm feeling, trusting God that he is with me, I just realize that he is  just taking me to a deeper level of maturity. he is just testing my  faith with him. so now know matter how i feel I always believe that God is real.

I always remember the verse" For God has said, 'I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.'" (Hebrews 13:5)T.E.V)

Now i am at peace even when i don't feel his presence or there is no
evidence of his work in my life, still i continue to love, trust,obey
and worship him. I know it's hard, it take a lot of patience  but i ask
God's grace, guidance and a wisdom to understand about all this things. and i know i won't go wrong. :)
Jeremiah 29:11 says, " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "

lennix

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 02:39:52 pm »
There was I time that I thought God does not love me, I would even ask my Mom to pray for me cause he never seems to listen to me. My Mom would tell me to pray more, and love God more, after all he's not gonna give you anything that you can't handle. He's just testing you, she'd tell me.

thebratinella

• shopaholic, obsessed mummy, happy wifey and
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 01:52:28 am »
the story of job inspires me to trust in God. there are times that i feel helpless and empty but He makes me feel after that He is watching over me and guiding me.
Happiness is a choice.

domestic diva

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 09:31:19 am »
thank God for the crisis or trial you are going through... praise Him for teaching you a lesson.. tell Him you are holding on.. you'll see, the crisis will be over before you know it.
Hail to St. Joseph of the Holy Cloak!

kho_leen

• Junior GirlTalker
  • God is Good - All the Time!
    • Traversing a Less Traveled Road
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 10:22:52 am »
"Cast your burdens upon me, those who are heavily laden"

he was never distant.

blackice

• Probationary
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 11:07:34 pm »
WHEN GOD SEEMS DISTANT....contact him through prayer, it's an unlimited and free way of reaching him.

gilenn

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 08:46:15 am »
para sa akin it's the other way around, whenever I'm confused and depressed I remember him. Whenever things are going great for me I tend to forget him. Siguro nagpaparamdam siya saken lately cause andami kong kalokohang ginagawa. He's giving me a wake up call and I hope I'm not too late to change.

icee_star

• Blessed
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 08:54:44 am »
I also felt this, nung time na sunod-sunod ang problema. May time na na-question ko Siya bakit ganito, bakit ganyan.

Pero narealize ko, sino ba ako para magreklamo. Eh ako rin naman ang may gawa ng problema ko? Nung time na hirap na hirap ako sa pera, ni hindi ko narealize yung mga simple but amazing ways ng pagtulong Niya sa akin. Nandyan yung pumayag yung landlord namin na ma-delay ako ng bayad, may magpahiram sa akin na kahit kelan bayaran at no interest, biglang may magbayad ng nakahiram sa akin dati, etc, marami pa.

Dun ko na realize na hindi pa huli ang lahat. Na hindi dapat Siya kuwestyunin at tinuturuan Nya lang ako ng lesson dahil sa aking pagpapabaya.

Sobrang pasalamat ko sa Panginoon, na kahit anong mangyari nandyan Siya para magguide sa akin at sa pamilya ko.

Never ko na ulit gagawin ang maghinampo sa Kanya at humingi na rin ako ng patawad.
Believing in God's perfect plans..

sweetubeng

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 04:44:06 pm »
^I agree sometimes kasi hinahayaan ni God para may matutunan tayo sa sitwasyon na yun that sometimes di natin nakikita na blessings na pala yun mas nag eexpect lang tayo ng major blessings but then yong nangyari na pala sa atin e blessing ni God lalo na sa mga taong di natin expect na magbibigay ng tulong kasi there's no small or big basta lahat ng dadating sa atin consider it as a blessing ni God. ;)

thamei

• Junior GirlTalker
  • so in love with my baby ♥ thank God for my Boots♥
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 01:19:51 pm »
sana maging masaya na ako, i always pray for that. siempre lahat naman ng tao eh yun ang gusto, ang maging masaya, sa lahat ng aspeto ng buhay. 2 years ago, i thought i had it all. i was so contented and happy, but it was so brief. one after another, i had problems with both love and career lives and those brought me down in the dumps. i was depressed, and embittered. late last year, akala ko naging okay na ulit, but then i found myself in the same familiar situation months ago. yes, i asked the question "why me?" hindi naman ganun kalaki, or kagrand ang pangarap ko sa buhay but all seems to be elusive. hindi ba ako mahal ng Diyos? bakit parang hindi Niya ako pinapakinggan.. etc etc, i had, and perhaps, i still have these questions in my mind. my heart is broken all right. i felt being betrayed, i felt guilty, i felt being unfairly treated. pero sa kabila ng lahat, nakita ko kung pano ako binigyan ng Diyos ng bagay na kelangan ko sa panahon na kelangan ko talaga. He gave me good and complete and supportive and loving family, friends, he gave me strangers who help me along the way. and most important of all He gave me the gift to become a mother. Whenever i am hurt and despondent, I would look at the picture of the Divine Mercy and whenever I see the perforated feet and palms of Jesus Christ, narerealiase ko na wala akong karapatan magreklamo. to be able to ask "why me" during happy times, siguro dun lang din me karapatan na magtanong ng "why me" during sad times. mahirap, pero faith is important.
"Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do."
-- Myrtle Auvil

muahmuahmuah

• There is no price for Awesomeness! Amp'd Up
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • dam it your clothes! punk the devil
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 12:08:23 pm »
God's delay isn't God's denial. Often times its us who creates  the  gap and not God. All the more your faith should be strengthened as each day passes. Your words, thoughts and actions should sync to whatever it is or whoever it is you believe in and consistently stick to that to keep you aligned with your faith, and at moments you feel like not believing or giving up, believe in something still.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Me.

I am a catch, and I am not going to be the one to get away.

You should never settle for who you are.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

snove_12

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 04:23:16 pm »
^ same tayo sis, that's what im feeling right now.. I always says His will be done and when i do the right thing its seems He's so distant..feeling ko nag iisa ako paragawin yun.
:)

poshgal24

• Super GirlTalker
  • I love you my beautiful angel--see you in heaven.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 04:40:36 pm »

Siguro complete trust and surrender of your life to the Lord lang talaga-- minsan kasi pinipilit natin mga plano natin matupad when iba pala ang plano ni God sa atin. Mas better ang plano nya pero ayaw natin makinig,

Mahirap talaga lalo na when things happen to you that you know you dont deserve. Parang bakit ba to nangyayari sa kin, wala naman akong ginawang masama miski kanino. Pero the more ka nakakaranas ng mga hardships, the more na tumatatag dibdib mo and I think to have a successful life, kailangan mo yun kasi habang lumalaki ang buhay mo, lumalaki din ang problems mo. Kasama talaga yun.

Isa pang dapat natin tandaan is LIFE ON EARTH is just a path, a school. This is not our destination. We are supposed to do well here like how we do our best in school and our ultimate reward is heaven. I have a friend na nakaranas na ng Life After Death for a few minutes---and nagulat ako kasi sabi nya, based dun sa experience nya with a tunnel, out of body, light at the end---death daw is the greatest most loving and pleasurable thing you will experience.

Siguro ganun talaga yun pag oras mo na and kinuha ka na ni God--  Hindi daw sha nakakatakot like most of us think. Talaga ayaw mo na daw bumalik pero she had to because she saw her sister that died ahead of her and she told her to go back because its not yet time.

"I love witnessing something so mysterious and perfect...so perfect that you cannot have it" -- MJ

ana mimi

• Mahilig Magpaganda na
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Queen of your Heart
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 05:01:59 pm »
Ako, when God seems distant, mas dun ko sya naaalala. I guess, it's a matter of Trust. Di naman nya tayo iniiwan e. Diba nga dun sa may footprints in the sand, nung akala naten na nawala si God, he carries us pala..

I guess, God will never give you problems that you can never handle.

Minsan, I feel na anlayo layo nya saken. I go to church and try to be close to Him again..
"Life is short. Even if Patience is a Virtue, Time is still Gold."

princessrio

• Super GirlTalker
  • God has given me the best gifts...
    • Our road 2 forever
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 12:08:02 am »
when God seems distant..

I usually go to the nearest church, not to attend mass but to talk to Him. it helps sisters! i'd cry until wala na akong luha. mabigat? yes. pero nakakagaan knowing that i've talked to the only One who would understand kung ano man ang dinadala ko sa dibdib ko.
my husband and son are my life <3

angel_eyes_2nite

• Living the Happily Ever After
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Carpe de Diem!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 01:41:39 am »
IMO... He was never distant. We are the ones creating the gap. He's always there.. baka nga magulat tayo na He is already carrying us na pala and we haven't noticed it yet. Whisper a little prayer and listen with what He has to share. Sometimes kasi we tend to talk to him and tell our woes but we never even bother to what He has to say. Listen...
Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

gorgeous_gj

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 03:43:05 pm »
when GOD seems distant, maybe its time to be quiet and still and read the bible so we'd hear HIM. It was revealed to me recently that prayers are actually communication mode, may receiver and listener and then vice versa.. sometimes when He seems distant siguro kasi we shut him out kasi puro lang tayo Lord please ganito, ganyan, i want this and that.. and feeling natin yung dinadasal natin ang sagot niya is yung answered prayer but the thing is He wants a relationship with us.. for us to get to know HIM too.. and what better way than to set aside our needs / wants and just listen to HIM kasi baka yung gusto natin e mas mapapahamak pa tayo in the long run... Parang bf/gf relationship din kasi siya.. it's a two way street diba? so when He seems distant, maglambing ka din to HIM and really hear him out through the BIBLE.

on that note, buti nga yung relationship natin kay LORD may manual.. and we will always know that He is faithful at all times..mga guys, hmm minsan mahirap ispell out =))

angel_eyes_2nite

• Living the Happily Ever After
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Carpe de Diem!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 03:57:14 pm »
^ very true sis. nothing more reliable than Him who loves us unconditionally
Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

Ysobella

• Probationary
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 11:13:31 am »
During moments that God seems so distant, I listen to praise and worship songs...  I can't always find the right words to say in prayers when I am down so I say my prayers thru songs... and somehow it makes me feel God's presence again.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close