Author Topic: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?  (Read 134904 times)

pinkberries

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2012, 07:46:13 pm »

^I agree. lets be open to positive changes, not because we want to please someone else's desire... but because we want to reinvent our look.  A little yoga can help... light makeup on our face, or develop interesting hobbies.   :) 

wag magpalusyang, dapat fat and fabulous.  ;)

janix athena

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2012, 10:35:03 pm »
Don't you think it's quite appalling to level fat women with bums?

It is appalling, but you're missing my point entirely. I'm saying it's hard to question someone's preference kasi preference nya yun eh. I for one can't imagine dating a guy who's not smart. If I have a suitor, and I reject him because I don't find him interesting/smart enough, no one can question that. If a guy doesn't get attracted to a girl anymore because she grew big and he prefers someone slimmer, who are we to question that? There are guys who like chubby women and guys who don't. In your story the guy wasn't feeling attracted to the fiance anymore, and that's a serious problem in a relationship. There has to be desire, and you can't force that.

Maybe the girl will find someone who likes chubby women and I'll be happy to hear it. I'm not saying just because the guy left her wala nang ibang magkakagusto sa kanya. I'm talking about a majority of guys appreciating girls who are fit, but I'm not saying just because a girl is not fit wala na magkakagusto sa kanya.

janix athena

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2012, 10:59:52 pm »
I understand your point that guys are "wired to appreciate beauty" pero hello, relative ang definition ng beauty. Hindi por que most guys drool over coca-cola bodies, eh ibig sabihin lahat ng babae sa gym na tumira at 'wag nang mag extra rice.

I agree, relative ang definition ng beauty that's why I use the word "usually" in my comments. Di ko naman nilalahat sis. :)

And if you know you need to lose weight because it's affecting your chances of being appealing to the opposite sex, and you still don't control your eating habits, then you don't have the right to complain. Cause you're not willing to make the effort. (exemption dito ang may hypothyroidism)

Ang purpose lang naman pala nating mga babae is to keep the fire burning in the relationship, edi wag na tayong mag-aral at magtrabaho. Magpasexy at magpaganda na lang tayong mga babae at mag-asawa ng mayaman.

At ang mga lalaki ay wag na dapat magpa-gwapo at magpaka-gentleman/romantic dahil pera lang naman ang habol ng girls sa kanila. :)

It offends me that women are seen as sex objects. We can offer a lot aside from our physical appearances, and remember that snagging the hottest/richest guy is not life's main purpose.

And it's also offensive that guys can be treated as ATMs. But still, we expect our guys to provide for our needs, and guys still expect their girls to make the effort to be pretty. It's life's reality. We can debate all day about it but we can't change it.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2012, 11:33:02 pm »
Guys aren't the only ones who have misgivings about fat people. My bf's bestfriend WAS obese and once he approached a girl, asked her out and the girl said something like, no, you're too fat. Brutal ang lola mo. :P

I'm sure there are people who are alright with the extra weight. But if you feel like you're not getting dates because you weigh a ton, it doesn't make sense to blame the world for it. And people can argue that fat people have an awesome personality, they're intelligent, blahblahblah, and all that may be true. But without physical attraction, no one's going to bother to know.

janix athena

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #284 on: May 04, 2012, 12:02:46 am »
^Right on sis. Very well said.

Serena.

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2012, 12:05:24 am »
^Sis you're 5'7?

YES SIS, Minsan 5'6 and half pero kadalasan 5'7. :)


^^95 lbs at 5'7. You know we hate you, right? Loljk.

I had this very issue with one of my best friends a few months back. Nakulitan kasi ako na panay, "bakit ako single?" whining nya so prinangka ko na na ang taba niya kasi. Ayun, muntik na tuloy kaming mag-FO and GT would've owed me one best friend. ;D

 :)

Grabe sis, nasabi mo talaga antaba nya? Ano reaction? :o



*If i may add GTalkers, kapatid ko chubby din, pero wag ka, ligawin, nasa personality naman yan e, malinis and maputi naman sya kaya siguro naliligawan pa din. May pinsan kasi ako mataba din pero hindi ligawin, so dun palang nakikita ko na difference nila. My sister tried to lose weight, ok na sana, pumapayat na, kaso bumalik sa dati, at hindi na nakakapag gym, sabi na lang sya sakin, "Hihintayin ko na lang yung lalaking tatanggapin ako kung ano at sino ako"  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:18:43 am by Serena. »

sakura_bloom

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2012, 01:09:34 am »
This may sort of be OT but, I remember Bridget Jones Diary. Hindi ba on the chubby side dun si Bridget? Pero it's raining men pa rin ang drama! :)

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2012, 02:28:59 am »
^ Hollywood's version of "chubby" is far removed from the actual real-world definition of chubby.

I remember one guytalker here who once defended his preference for chubby women by using Angelica Panganiban as an example.  (wtf?  chubby yun?  - Unless of course he was lusting over her when she was still the villiain in Princess Sarah)

janix athena

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #288 on: May 04, 2012, 10:29:49 am »
a guy has to be really mabait. Wala akong pakialam kesyo madami syang pera

You can say that you don't care about money sis, but believe me marriages can be strained because the guy won't stand up and be the provider. Kahit may mga babaeng achiever and ma-diskarte sa pera, iba ang pakiramdam kapag your needs are taken care of by your husband instead of the other way around.

Di naman kailangan na mapera talaga as in Donald Trump. Kailangan lang responsible enough so that hindi ka mamomroblema sa pambayad ng tuition ng kids, rent ng bahay, food everyday, etc. When I say a guy has to be a provider I mean he has to be responsible, hindi yung heredero na tamad naman at walang diskarte. :)

Balikan mo ang post mo na ito when you're so burned out sa work and want to just stay at home and take care of the kids, but can't because if you leave your job you'll starve since hubby is a very mabait house husband but can't find work.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:42:56 am by janix athena »

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #289 on: May 04, 2012, 01:48:09 pm »
I weigh 98lbs. and I'm 5"4. I think I once turned a guy off kasi ang hina ko kumain. Di ko nauubos ang food na nasa harap ko, and to him, that ringed primadonna :D

FOURever

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #290 on: May 04, 2012, 03:53:55 pm »
^bigyan kita ng fats, sis. Haha joke sis!

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #291 on: May 04, 2012, 05:14:07 pm »
Haha pero in all seriousness I think that only proves na it's preferential naman talaga diba.

Chaka sana wag i-equate at i-generalize na kung ang girls eh pera ang habol, ang lalaki, sexy na katawan.
Madami kasing exceptions dito.
Hindi lahat ng babae na-aattract sa BMW lalo na kung pothead ang sakay  :D
In the same way, hindi din lahat ng lalaki katawan lang ang habol lalo na kung hangin naman ang laman ng utak.

And I'm not making a fallacious non-sequitur argument here, just pointing out the fact that many and most(not all) hot people are airheads.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:17:06 pm by ladychris17 »

janix athena

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #292 on: May 04, 2012, 08:55:34 pm »
Sorry if I'm ruffling some feathers in my counter-arguments. Hindi ko nilalahat sis. On my original comment I said guys look for women who look healthy (usually meaning not too heavy or too thin). Of course beauty is subjective kaya what's beautiful to one man (in this discussion - heavy girls) may not be beautiful to the next guy.

And forgive me if I stressed money too much. What I really wanted to convey is girls look for responsible guys. And when a guy is responsible that would usually mean they have money to provide for everyday needs. So again I'm not talking about a guy in a BMW (who may or may not be a pothead), I'm referring to the regular guy who has stable income and a goal in life.

Aminin natin: When a friend sets a girl up on a blind date, what's the first thing we girls ask? Hindi ba "Anong trabaho nya?" For guys, hindi ba "Maganda ba yan?"

Ang again, as already mentioned by Mr. Punch:

Just because ayaw niya maging gf yung mataba na maganda ugali does not necessarily mean that he'd hook up with the exact opposite (i.e. sexy na pangit ang ugali)

Pwede naman yung sexy at magada ang ugali di ba?  This might come as a surprise, but fat girls don't exactly have a monopoly on good personality.

sakura_bloom

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #293 on: May 05, 2012, 12:20:16 am »
When I was in Singapore I turned down the a guy's offer of being driven not by a BMW, but by a Jaguar.
He was definitely someone with more than a regular income.


ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #294 on: May 05, 2012, 12:42:36 am »
No, I ask "may sense ba siya kausap?" and the next, "gwapo ba?" and then next, "mabait ba?" :)

What you quoted from Mr. Punch is exactly my point. Hindi naman lahat ganyan eh, kung may non-sequitur, meron din tayong tinatawag sa logic na fallacy of "sweeping generalization" as per Aristotelian logic.
While it may be true that some or even most girls would want to find Security as their number one priority in a guy, not all would.  :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:49:27 am by ladychris17 »

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #295 on: May 05, 2012, 01:38:32 am »
Wait, why did we ever get into discussions about the types of guys a girl would date?  Wasn't this a thread about a guy's preference?

I believe the topic, as stated in the title of the thread, is simple enough and can stand on its own.  There's really no need to make a parallel discussion on women and their preference for moneyed guys (or the lack of it). 

I think we can all agree that guys who date fat women has as much to do girls who date moneyed guys as chocolate does with, say, onions.  It just muddles the original discussion on the topic, methinks.

And by the way - the women and moneyed guys thing already has a separate thread.  I can't understand exactly why this glaring off-topic hasn't gotten the attention of the usually hawk-eyed moderators when they usually dish out warnings for every little thing.)

janix athena

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #296 on: May 05, 2012, 12:32:27 pm »
^You're right. Sorry na off-topic na. I'm still relatively new so I guess I'm not familiar with all the rules yet. :)

I used that analogy to say if some guys have a preference for physically fit girls, we girls will just have to respect and accept that, and not go "Grrrrr! Mga lalake talaga ambabaw!"

Kasi we girls have our own preferences din naman and guys can't say "Ah basted ako kasi wala ako trabaho? Bwiset pera lang talaga habol nyong mga babae!"

There's nothing more effective than putting ourselves in the other person's shoes so we will understand where the other party is coming from.

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #297 on: May 05, 2012, 09:01:43 pm »
I think it's a fair analogy. :) some men are shallow just as some women are shallow. It's true. Pero di naman lahat eh. :)

janix athena

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #298 on: May 05, 2012, 10:51:56 pm »
^Thanks sis. I have a problem with my weight too but on the other side of the spectrum. Mahirap talaga to achieve our ideal body weight, buti na lang meron pa rin talagang mag-appreciate ng beauty natin kahit hindi tayo ideal. :) 

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: GUYS, would you consider dating a fat girl?
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2012, 02:48:29 am »
^ I don't think it's an acceptable analogy because the non-preference for fat women has entirely different psychological and sociological roots as the preference for moneyed guys.

What I would accept is the fact that both sexes generaly treat prospects for dating the opposite sex the same way as far as the subject of fatness is concerned.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close