Author Topic: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?  (Read 117638 times)

britzm

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2018, 10:27:30 am »
My e-ring is more expensive than our wedding ring hehe. The whole engagement plan was kept from me pero sakin ok lang naman kahit wala. Ayon, pinaghandaan niya.
Then nung wedding plan,  ako nagtitipid kaya yung wedding ring namin mura.hehe
Whether you want magarbo na handaan/jewelries,etc or not, just don't forget yung pagsasama niyo as couple is more important than those things :)

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2018, 10:33:38 am »
Ako wala engagement ring or prenup photoshoot. Di ko feel ang mga ganyan or mas nafocus kami ni hubby sa travel kasi ito talaga hilig namin and sa goals din namin after the wedding. Mas nauso ang prenup mula ng sumikat ang socmed. So far until now di ko naman naisip na sana meron ako nito.

Tama mga sis, remember na lang wag magpay pressure sa outsiders but follow your heart and what your priorities are. How important is it to have a ring? Or are other things more important? Remember ang pinaka-important sa lahat: YOU CHOSE THE RIGHT PERSON TO MARRY.

I have a ring but thats because my husband wanted it. I didn't care if I had it or not but I admit I'd probably prefer to have one just so I could create a family heirloom and tradition and have a physical object to pass on to my future children.

Well-traveled kame pareho ni hubby so parang getting married is kind of settling down for us, although we will continue to travel naman. Our coming wedding naman walang pre-nup, and walang bonggang arrangements or decor. Although, luxury venue but that's because we also treated it as a vacation with all our closest families and friends and a few days makakasama kame. Konti lang naman kaya na-afford namin.

I think yun nga priorities lang talaga and sa mga girls nagtatanong dito, follow your heart on its priorities. Less magtanim ng sama ng loob/hinanakit dahil walang ring. So communicate it sa partner nyo. Happy wife happy life.

preciousjulia

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2018, 10:47:43 am »

i think it's all manufactured by the industry to generate income. Weddings, like funerals, are the biggest scam of an industry kasi "once in a lifetime" sya. Yung cost ng lahat pag wedding, overblown. It's an accepted scam in society, unfortunately. either you go with it, or you don't.


Scam? I don't see it that way sis..specially wedding tapos sa church pa..for me its a blessing. Simple man o bongga ang pinaka-importante ay yung blessing na galing sa Kanya. Second is yung celebration of union nyo bilang isa na lang kayo plus family nyo. Yes, once in a lifetime sya and I believe I/we deserve that once in a lifetime moment na yun para i-celebrate yung love  for each other.

Sorry sis hopeless romantic here.  ;D Kanya kanya naman ng preference yan.  ;)

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #403 on: April 19, 2018, 11:02:37 am »
^sis I think I misused the word scam.

I am celebrating my own wedding and spent a lot of money on it so I am with you :)

What I mean is, the pricing and offers when it comes to weddings, are really inflated. The wedding industry (I'm talking about the party side of it, parang your comment was talking more about marriage -- which without a doubt I respect the institution of marriage).

I think ang point ko the wedding industry - designers, event stylists and even some churches na nga -- charge so so much because they know it's once in a lifetime. They take advantage of the importance of this event.

May church may photography fee. Sa hotels may ganun din, etc. Eto pa: yung suppliers mo you have to feed them all day long kahit you hired them in the city they are based in (kahit hindi out of town). Reality is kakain naman sila kahit san sila work. Yung point ko lang yung weddings naging very capitalistic na, income opportunity for suppliers.

I actually told my hubby wrong job yata ako. Laki ng kita sa weddings. Sa gowns na lang, I went to a designer -- the wedding gowns started at 4k. I looked at this designers evening gowns (na kamukha ng wedding gown, pero not white), evening gowns started at 2k. Same material, slight differences lang.

Go to a florist yung bouquet mo buy that for no occasion it's half the price, same arrangement, wala lang lace or sating handheld ribbon. I'm not minimising creative work and its value. I'm just saying the entire industry is a big money making thing, kaya it's okay for brides to choose no frills or very simple weddings. Because the MARRIAGE is more important than the elaborateness of a wedding. You can celebrate simply, what matters the most is the people, not the things they charge you with. :)

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #404 on: April 19, 2018, 11:58:32 am »
I guess the only thing I can say is hanga ako sa lahat kinasal especially church weddings. Ako kasi sobrang simple lang. Hindi ko kaya ang stress preparing for it. Nervous breakdown siguro inabot ko...LOL!

simang

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2018, 12:12:31 pm »
^^sis lalee, speaking of that, naalala ko nung ipapa dry clean ko yung wedding gown ko. My gown was really simple as in wala halos details, more on white dress lang sya talaga. I asked the reception kung magkano mag pa dry clean ng wedding gown, sabi nya PhpX,000. Sabi ko ang mahal naman, simple lang naman dress ko. Pinakita ko sa kanya and she insisted on te price. Bumalik ako 2 days after and I asked -- magkano magpa dry clean ng white dress, ending less than 500 pesos lang binayad ko. Hahaha

preciousjulia

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #406 on: April 19, 2018, 01:16:54 pm »
^sis I think I misused the word scam.

I am celebrating my own wedding and spent a lot of money on it so I am with you :)

What I mean is, the pricing and offers when it comes to weddings, are really inflated. The wedding industry (I'm talking about the party side of it, parang your comment was talking more about marriage -- which without a doubt I respect the institution of marriage).

I think ang point ko the wedding industry - designers, event stylists and even some churches na nga -- charge so so much because they know it's once in a lifetime. They take advantage of the importance of this event.

May church may photography fee. Sa hotels may ganun din, etc. Eto pa: yung suppliers mo you have to feed them all day long kahit you hired them in the city they are based in (kahit hindi out of town). Reality is kakain naman sila kahit san sila work. Yung point ko lang yung weddings naging very capitalistic na, income opportunity for suppliers.

I actually told my hubby wrong job yata ako. Laki ng kita sa weddings. Sa gowns na lang, I went to a designer -- the wedding gowns started at 4k. I looked at this designers evening gowns (na kamukha ng wedding gown, pero not white), evening gowns started at 2k. Same material, slight differences lang.

Go to a florist yung bouquet mo buy that for no occasion it's half the price, same arrangement, wala lang lace or sating handheld ribbon. I'm not minimising creative work and its value. I'm just saying the entire industry is a big money making thing, kaya it's okay for brides to choose no frills or very simple weddings. Because the MARRIAGE is more important than the elaborateness of a wedding. You can celebrate simply, what matters the most is the people, not the things they charge you with. :)

Oh! Agree ako dito sayo sis  ;) Totoo naman.. buti na lang si hubby friendly. Nakuha nya sa charm mga suppliers namin and naging friend na din eventually until now may communication pa din kami sa kanila.  ;D

Yung caterer namin gift na lang samin yung lunch na pinaprepare namin para sa family, entourage at photographer/videographer sa hotel habang nagpe-prepare sa wedding. Si photographer naging ninong pa si hubby ng anak nya. Yung gumawa ng e-ring at wedding ring namin from time to time sa kanya pa din kami nagpapa-cleaning ng ring namin.

What I am trying to say is diskarte nyo na din siguro and  mag set talaga ng priorities when it comes on planning a wedding. Tulad nga ng sabi ni sis lalee88 "MARRIAGE is more important than the elaborateness of a wedding. You can celebrate simply, what matters the most is the people, not the things they charge you with"  :)

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2018, 09:54:47 pm »
^^sis lalee, speaking of that, naalala ko nung ipapa dry clean ko yung wedding gown ko. My gown was really simple as in wala halos details, more on white dress lang sya talaga. I asked the reception kung magkano mag pa dry clean ng wedding gown, sabi nya PhpX,000. Sabi ko ang mahal naman, simple lang naman dress ko. Pinakita ko sa kanya and she insisted on te price. Bumalik ako 2 days after and I asked -- magkano magpa dry clean ng white dress, ending less than 500 pesos lang binayad ko. Hahaha

diba sis grabe kaya?! my coming wedding is very expensive but i saw first hand what they want to peddle you EVERYTHING kasi "once in a lifetime." opportunistic and taking advantage ang dating sa akin ng wedding industry.

If you read through the "engagements and weddings" forum, you will see kwentos of other brides... may church pinatayan sila ng ilaw at aircon unless they pay an electricity fee. may mga five star hotels who charge hidden fees like "photo shoot fee" tapos separate pa yug fee if the shoot is indoors or outdoors of the hotel. Parang nakakasar kasi, you paid the hotel for the reception pero di ka pwede mag picture? ano ba yun?

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2018, 10:22:43 pm »
^Now I understand kung bakit nauso ang Bridezilla...lol! Like I said, hats off ako sa mga ikakasal. The stress must be really high. Basahin ko lang yung mga preparations and the drama during the wedding itself at sa reception, ako yung nai-stress....hahaha!

Shadow Angel

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #409 on: April 19, 2018, 11:15:11 pm »
^thats why I choose civil wedding very intimate about 30persons lang visitor ko as in my immediate family lang and few friends. Kaya hindi ako na stress. Actually nagalit pa mga relatives ko di ko naman kaclose na hindi sila invited they expect na I will have a grand wedding. Feeling nila kasama sila sa pag aasikaso at gastos. Knowing them simple or engrande may pintas sila.

Actually gusto ulit ni Hubby magpakasal kami ulit dito pero mas pinili ko na hindi mas masaya ako na nakukuha namin mga dreams or goals namin for our family. Sabi ko sa silver anniversary na lang hehe. Siguro isa ako sa mga babae na hindi masyadong nangarap ng bongga wedding.

Ok din naman na magkaroon ka ng wedding na gusto bukod sa dream nyo yan kayo naman ang gagastos basta ba hindi utang. Ang hirap magsimula na utang agad ang welcome sa pagsasama nyo. Actually may mga kilala ako ganito na ilang years magbayad mg utang para sa kasal un iba nga hiwalay na.


lalee888

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2018, 11:41:15 pm »
^i agree sis. it's also MORE important for us to achieve our goals and dreams, rather than a fancy wedding.

in our case lang, we just so happened to be able to afford a nice destination wedding/vacation with our families and friends so we are going with it. intimate also, but in my opinion it's a little annoying kasi i really don't like being the center of attention (all eyes on you).

But to the point discussed in this thread - wedding add-ons are not necessary; engagement rings are nice to have but DO NOT determine the success/future of your marriage. If you can afford it, and want to do it, go ahead. But if it will only hurt you, don't fall for societal pressures. Do you, girl. Do you.  On E-rings, there's so many CHEAPER options for a SYMBOL. I guess the lesson is, DO what works for you. Wag pilitin sa budget ang ring kung di afford, baka mag-away pa kayo.

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2018, 11:44:52 pm »
^I was gonna ask what the heck is e-ring but I goggled it.  I thought it's some tech stuff that I have not heard about. I am really getting old...hahaha!

marymi

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #412 on: April 21, 2018, 05:09:58 am »
^Haha, me too! there are a few terms here na pag hindi ka subscribe sa thread eh malo-lost ka talaga sa mga abbrev.   ;D

imyourangel

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #413 on: May 15, 2018, 11:47:04 am »
Hindi ko feel mag pre-nup and engagement ring, although I want may proposal. Haha! Ayoko talaga ng magastos.

mysticgrey0316

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #414 on: May 25, 2018, 10:20:55 am »
Super simple lang ng engagement ring na binili sakin ni H2B. No diamonds. Super simple. Tinake consideration niya daw yung work area namin. Im a nurse. So diamond is not recommended talaga. He said that he wants me to wear the ring everyday kahit sa work kaya yun ang napili niya. Proposal is by the beach of Singapore. Kami lang dalawa. Super intimate. Super simple. But lots of love. Couldnt ask for more! :)

MissAudrey

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #415 on: June 07, 2018, 05:46:08 pm »
Super simple lang ng engagement ring na binili sakin ni H2B. No diamonds. Super simple. Tinake consideration niya daw yung work area namin. Im a nurse. So diamond is not recommended talaga. He said that he wants me to wear the ring everyday kahit sa work kaya yun ang napili niya. Proposal is by the beach of Singapore. Kami lang dalawa. Super intimate. Super simple. But lots of love. Couldnt ask for more! :)

Thats so sweet!! It's always the thought and effort that counts!

Frenchmeasles

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #416 on: June 19, 2018, 04:06:13 pm »
I have an update mga sis!

Last weekend H2B and I went to my province in Palawan to meet yung mga matatandang relatives. Not all of my titos and titas kasi has met H2B.

Then while dinner sabi niya may pasalubong daw siya then abot nung box.
Sabi niya he wanted to give the ring daw in my province kasi.
Natuwa naman ako kasi hindi na talaga ako nagexpect and kala ko wala na talaga since dami na namin gastos.


chimichum

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #417 on: January 08, 2020, 01:11:21 pm »
Up this thread! hehe

honeyapple015

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #418 on: February 13, 2020, 12:38:26 pm »
Up this thread. Need some advice mga sis planning to buy na ng engagement ring sabi ni boyfie he wants me to buy 1 carat na alam nya mahilig ako sa alahas  nakapag check na kami sa mall 155k for 1.3 carat na ata but hindi ko nagustuhan pati ni bf kasi hindi sya sparkling for that price and lumang stock na siguro yung andun . Feeling namin meron mas mura if sa mismong alahera na bibili may alam kayo na mas cheaper store ng diamonds?

lyrahs

  • Guest
Re: How important is proposing, engagement ring, etc, to you?
« Reply #419 on: March 04, 2020, 12:38:22 pm »
si H2B nagpaparinig ako na hindi ba nya ako bibigyan ng engagement ring kasi wedding rings lang pinagawa nya. Dedma sya. Haha ok lang naman sa akin. Dagdag gastos din kasi yun

^^sis lalee, speaking of that, naalala ko nung ipapa dry clean ko yung wedding gown ko. My gown was really simple as in wala halos details, more on white dress lang sya talaga. I asked the reception kung magkano mag pa dry clean ng wedding gown, sabi nya PhpX,000. Sabi ko ang mahal naman, simple lang naman dress ko. Pinakita ko sa kanya and she insisted on te price. Bumalik ako 2 days after and I asked -- magkano magpa dry clean ng white dress, ending less than 500 pesos lang binayad ko. Hahaha

Ay relate ako dito sis. Pero sa bouquet naman. Nagtitingin tingin ako ng mga bouquet, yung simpleng binibigay sa GF/asawa, hand bouquet ata tawag dun. Pwede na syang gawing wedding bouquet kasi civil wedding naman kami. Pinakamurang nakita ko is 28SGD. Nung nagtanong ako sa tindera kung magkano pag wedding bouquet, grabe akyat agad ng 130SGD! Dinagdagan ko lang ng word na wedding, tumaas na presyo. Haha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close