Author Topic: Pre-school/Gradeschool in Makati  (Read 206455 times)

kikaygimikera

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Strange and Beautiful
Pre-school/Gradeschool in Makati
« on: February 05, 2010, 04:20:35 pm »
Good day everyone!

My son is on his kindergarten now and just recently found out thru his yaya that his teacher has no patience with kids. I am not a hands on mom so my yaya is the one to attend my son's extra curricular activities and I have no idea what is happening unless my yaya spills it out.

Anyway, I am planning to move my son to another school. We live nearby Mckinley Hill around Fort Bonifacio. Can you recommend a pre-school (he is on his preparatory level next school year) that he can stay up until gradeschool as well?

Kung malayo, yung merong service and the school system is okay, teachers are just and walang discrimination. Thanks a lot!

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Pre-school/Gradeschool in Makati
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 05:33:39 pm »
^sis may i ask anong school yan? May tiningnan kasi kami dyan sa tapat ng mckinley hill pero papasok pa e baka yan yun. Para sa anak ng friend ko, nirekomenda ko na rin dahil yung 1 ko kaibigan 4 na pamangkin dun nag aaral.

kikaygimikera

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Strange and Beautiful
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 05:13:00 am »
My son's school's name is Fort Bonifacio Evangelical Christian School. I guess the one you are referring to is Abba's Orchard @ The Piazza, Mckinley Hill Village.

jaiaquino

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Aching to be a full time mom to my Mckenzie Bianca
    • McKenzie's Little Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 01:41:40 pm »
my daughter's only 21-months old but i guess its not too early to look for a school for her.

hrdra777

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 05:40:01 am »
My son's school's name is Fort Bonifacio Evangelical Christian School. I guess the one you are referring to is Abba's Orchard @ The Piazza, Mckinley Hill Village.

where is Fort Bonifacio Evangelical Christian School located?  what grades do they have?

kikaygimikera

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Strange and Beautiful
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 09:13:31 pm »
It is located inside PAOVIL (Phil. Army Officers Village), but I do not recommend this one.

My son today put a "chani"(the one we use in getting our eyebrow shape - plucking) in a electric plug. Na short circuit ang school. They are blaming my son. Partly it his fault pero where is his teacher?

I am very disappointed with what had happened. The teacher was very rude to me when I was paying his tuition fee back in May 2009 and she is very sarcastic and impatient with kids. Pag hindi na gumagawa yung bata,she'll call our yaya and scold our yaya saying "O, anong gusto mong gawin ko Diyan?! Anong sabi ng nanay niyan!?"

GRABE!

Nursery to PRep lang sila. goodluck in enrolling your son/daughter there. Grabe!!!!!! KALOKA

lemonade

• Super GirlTalker
  • ich liebe meine tochter!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 09:06:20 am »
^grabe nga yung teacher na yan ha! to think na evangelical christian school pa yan.

juicy

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 10:11:05 am »
ayy ayoko sa ganyan, maaaway ko ang teacher!  :o
Signature edited.

flexusob

• GirlTalker
    • DocMia
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 05:40:02 am »
Where did your son get the 'chani'?  Was the socket in or outside the classroom?  Your son is lucky he didn't get electrocuted.  The event was strong enough to short circuit the whole school e.

If the socket was inside the classroom (and if the 'chani' was just lying around the classroom), the school may be liable for not making sure that the area is safe for children, especially since they only handle Nursery to Prep students.  They should at least have covered the sockets with those child safety plugs.

Anyway, I think that school has no business being named an evangelical Christian school. " Train up a child in the way he should go" nga dapat e.

kikaygimikera

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Strange and Beautiful
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 09:11:19 am »
Kaya nga. Whom shoud I talk to re. this?

Any recommended schools for a Preparatory Level?

flexusob

• GirlTalker
    • DocMia
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 10:24:51 am »
^ Talk to the principal first and request for a meeting with him/her, the teacher, and you.  Raise up the issues that you raised here in GT (the teacher is not nice, etc). 

It might help if you talk to the PTA about it also.

CSA is a good school.  There's Victory Christian School at the Fort.  Beside VCS is another Chrisitan school.  There's one in Pasong Tamo Extension, also.

kikaygimikera

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Strange and Beautiful
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 10:16:20 pm »
^Thanks sis.

I will check it.

I saw today at Piazza in Mckinley Hill name of school is ABBA ORCHARD. They have a summer class na 7k. I will try it there. Pag okay, then I'll have my son attend his preparatory level there. Thanks.

mariatony

• Probationary
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 12:23:52 am »
Hi there. I think the principal should be informed regarding the incident.They can be copied with this chat. Sometimes things like  this happen because they are a not informed. It is quite unfair to the owners to have feedback like this because the teacher is not the owner. But ofcourse I do understand your feelings..I might react worst than how you reacted.....kaso most of the time the owners are not informed. Now if the owners react the same way with the teachers and do not apologize nor change the way they run things..... then that's the time parents can be discouraged to enroll in the school.But then again I understand where you are coming from..... My son went to CSA in his nursery....for me the higher  the tuition fee the better because high end din ang service.:)

stayhomemom

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 01:21:33 am »

There's a christian school in Vito Cruz Extn near Shopwise...its CGF Academy. My son is in Prep there, the teachers are so nice and very patient to kids.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:43:15 am by stayhomemom »

jaiaquino

• Junior GirlTalker
    • McKenzie's Little Shop
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 12:42:15 pm »
Hi there. I think the principal should be informed regarding the incident.They can be copied with this chat. Sometimes things like  this happen because they are a not informed. It is quite unfair to the owners to have feedback like this because the teacher is not the owner. But ofcourse I do understand your feelings..I might react worst than how you reacted.....kaso most of the time the owners are not informed. Now if the owners react the same way with the teachers and do not apologize nor change the way they run things..... then that's the time parents can be discouraged to enroll in the school.But then again I understand where you are coming from..... My son went to CSA in his nursery....for me the higher  the tuition fee the better because high end din ang service.:)

kumusta sa CSA? how much and tuition and how many students per class sa nursery? i'm planning on enrolling my daughter there eventually. gusto ko kasi co-ed dito sa makati/fort kaso di ko naman afford ang IS or british school.

freiavida

• Junior GirlTalker
    • myblog
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 11:13:18 pm »
Hi there, since you live around mc kinley why not try Integrated Montessori Center? They offer preparatory, gradeschool and highschool, though different locations yun.
I highly recommend this school if you are not looking for a religion-affiliated one.
keep moving forward

juicy

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 10:23:08 am »
There's a christian school in Vito Cruz Extn near Shopwise...its CGF Academy. My son is in Prep there, the teachers are so nice and very patient to kids.

yeah i saw that... medyo mahal.  ;D
Signature edited.

jaiaquino

• Junior GirlTalker
    • McKenzie's Little Shop
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 11:25:38 am »
Hi there, since you live around mc kinley why not try Integrated Montessori Center? They offer preparatory, gradeschool and highschool, though different locations yun.
I highly recommend this school if you are not looking for a religion-affiliated one.

hi sis, would you know if they strictly follow montessori procedures there? would you also know how much the tuition is? TIA!  :)

juana123

• Probationary
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 03:15:46 pm »
Try makati hope christian school in pasong tamo extension  :)

freiavida

• Junior GirlTalker
    • myblog
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 04:15:30 pm »
hi sis, would you know if they strictly follow montessori procedures there? would you also know how much the tuition is? TIA!  :)

I do believe they follow it sis, the tuition fee is around 35k-40K for preschool yata.
keep moving forward

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close