Author Topic: Pre-school/Gradeschool in Makati  (Read 196343 times)

dreamweaver83

• GirlTalker
Re: Pre-school/Gradeschool in Makati
« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2018, 11:54:38 pm »
Need an update to this. My daughter's turning 4 this September and we're looking for a school for her. Any recos?

shenshen8

• GirlTalker
    • Passing Penchants
« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2018, 11:38:14 am »
Preschool recommendation:
Globe Academy
8055 Estrella, San Antonio Village, Makati, 1203 Kalakhang Maynila
Phone: (02) 556 4944

Around 10 kids per class
Tuition is mid-range (especially compared to other good pre-schools around the area)
It's a small school (It's like a 2-story house converted to a school), one class per level in morning and afternoon sessions
Clean, airconditioned rooms
Teachers are friendly and know how to handle kids. They respond to texts
There's a small outdoor playground
Fetchers can wait outside (waiting area), but all fetchers must have a fetcher's card everyday
Accessible by commute or car (no parking though, so just drop off)
Inner gate is locked when classes are ongoing for security, with a dedicated helpers to assist people who want to come in

Good curriculumn. I notice they focus a lot in developing confidence in kids. My kid only speaks english so they encouraged her and during linggo ng wika, all kids presented in Tagalog! My kid told a joke in Tagalog :) They also have show-and-tell weeks (Star of the Week) to get the kids used to presenting simple things in class.
They have extracurricular classes you can enroll also like Ballet (for kids and even toddlers!) and indoor football.
There are toddler classes also, you can enroll any month (we enrolled January to prepare her for next school year for Nursery), with kids just singing, painting, and playing. Basically getting used to being in school with other kids.
They have summer classes too (art, reading, fun activities, math, etc)
Homework is per week, and more like to give parents a view on what they will be learning in the next week and go over it with their child
Exams are done in batches of students so teachers can monitor students well and go through the exam with them (batches of 3 per class, 45 minutes worksheet exam)
There are no numeric grades, just indicators if they are improving well enough, advanced for their age or needs more guidance.
Field trips are well organized too, with the whole school going
They use a mobile app to log your child's attendance (when they got to school and what time fetched, temperature)
The use the app to broadcast announcements too (these are also sent to your email). Very important announcements are also sent via SMS

chicafabulosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2018, 05:25:01 pm »
Need an update to this. My daughter's turning 4 this September and we're looking for a school for her. Any recos?

CSA Makati :)
A girl's most beautiful outfit is charisma, the prettiest accessory is smile, & the best pair of heels is confidence.

p3ntium4

• Junior GirlTalker
    • My Gallery
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2018, 09:53:12 am »
mga sis ... ok ba sa IMC ? anong branch kayo? mga magkano ang tuition nila
--------------------

domestic diva

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2018, 10:02:17 am »
CSA
Hail to St. Joseph of the Holy Cloak!

zhienzhien

• GirlTalker
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2019, 02:07:36 am »
mga sis ... ok ba sa IMC ? anong branch kayo? mga magkano ang tuition nila

Their TF ranges from 70-80k but that rate is for SY 2018-2019. Baka magtaas pa sila. I'm also considering this kasi I don't see anymore na malapit and ok ang curriculum. My husband is against kasi sa malalayong schools yung tipong magbyahe pa. Stressful daw para sa ganung age. Kung pagod ka na sa byahe palang baka hindi makapagfocus ang bata. I got his point naman kaso gusto ko sana big school talaga.

fifi_girl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2019, 01:16:12 pm »
Hello! Any feedbacks/reviews for St. Paul Makati? My son is incoming Grade 1. We will be moving to Makati this summer. As far as i know, Traditional ang St. Paul. My worry is, super tamad magsulat ng anak ko :(

desolate_cat

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #287 on: November 01, 2019, 12:03:13 am »
Tanong ulit regarding IMC for grade 6 and 7 magkano na this year ang tuition nila, kumusta naman ang turo, would you say ok naman for the tuition? Masyado na kasing mataas ang tuition ng current school ng mga anak ko ililipat ko na.

J.warner

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2019, 08:00:13 am »
Tinatamad na ko mag google, sis ano na ba early education structure sa atin? Lol. Overseas kasi ako now but may balak kami mag stay sa Pinas eventually.
Nalilito ko ano ba una- kinder? Nursery then prep?
Like 3 years old kinder, then 4 nursery?
Sorry confusing for me kasi ako direcho grade 1 at age 6. Ngayon ata nirerequire nila mag kinder or prep

Len0523

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Keep Calm & Use Manners
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2019, 08:19:05 am »
Sa school ng anak ko, kinder sya (4 to 5 yo) then prep (yung prep ang required ng depEd) then grade 1.
"Truth sounds like hate to those who hate truth"

chicafabulosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2019, 02:09:46 pm »
Sa CSA its Nursery, then Junior Kinder and then Senior Kinder.
A girl's most beautiful outfit is charisma, the prettiest accessory is smile, & the best pair of heels is confidence.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close