Author Topic: I am freshly widowed and would like to share this to all married women out there  (Read 69958 times)

angel_eyes_2nite

  • Guest
my condolences sis.

Thank you for sharing this sis. I am at a crossroad with my marriage and when I read this post,somehow..somewhat..I was able to take a step back and remember how my husband loves me and took care of me and our family. This post has greatly touched me and your love has given me a great lesson that would not have the same impact if I had just read it in a novel or so. Just know that you and your great love story has touched one humbled soul in me.

Kudos to you as a wife..as a mother and as a survivor..

prisma

  • Guest
Thanks for sharing sis.

I'd rather I die first before hubby, dunno what to do if he went first kaya lahat ng prayers ko...para sa kanya lagi, di bale na ako.

Am overseas with children n hubby in Manila, lungkot.


ana mimi

  • Guest
sis Gabrielle Andre, haay, na-inspire ako sa story mo,

gagawin ko din yan..


Gabrielle Andre

  • Guest
thank you... somehow the thought that a few people have learned something from my love story inspires me to continue on with his legacy and with our love...kahit masakit, tuloy pa rin ang buhay. pasalamat nalang palagi that I have my daughter, and I had a man who taught me what real love is

chin66ay

  • Guest
Gabrielle Andre sis, i read your blog... thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. i learned a lot. you're sooo strong. i can feel your late husband's love in your words. and i can tell that God is showering you with all the strength you need.

shinta

  • Guest
ako din i read your blog. pero di ko na tuloy. di ko kaya. it's so heartbreaking. ang sakit sa dibdib.  :'(

i hope and pray you'll find solace soon. alam ko mahirap at baka di na mawala yung pain and longing, pero sana dumating yung time na di ka na iiyak pag naaalala mo siya.

God be with you, sis. May He give you the courage and strength that you need to go through this.

You made me love my husband more. Thank you  :)

YaZiLove

  • Guest
sis, it was in 2009 pa pala ito and it became a "living" lesson for all of us na nagbabasa.
and yes, sobrang nakakalungkot.
i myself, sobrang swerte din sa husband at kung papipiliin, ako na lang mauna dahil hindi ko kaya na wala siya sa amin.
sobrang bait, wala ako masabi...

and yes, i always put in mind un "as if its the last day..."
it really works! masarap palagi ang pakiramdam ko everyday na sweet pa din kami sa isa't-isa til now (7yrs married, 5yrs bf/gf).

GOD, bless us all.

pmartini

  • Guest
Sayang walang option to click LIKE hehe, well said po Ms Gabrielle Andre

YaZiLove

  • Guest
^yes sis, yan din ang gustung-gusto kong gawin!!!
nwei, LIKE LIKE LIKE!

emmie

  • Guest
heart melting... :'(

newmexico

  • Guest
i love your story...

OT ~ sorry, i just had to ask, newbie pa lang ako dito, bakit di ako maka reply sa post ko? pa PM naman po ako kung bakit. TIA

cutiecam

  • Guest
your post almost made me cry..(i held back)..godbless and goodhealth to you and your daughter.

heavensent

  • Guest
i read your blog, it made me cry, a LOT..

Gabrielle Andre

  • Guest
maraming salamat.

hindi ako perfect wife and widow, once in a while I stumble, and there was a time when I fell really deep in a pit of deceit.
pero nag decide na ako, the best way I could continue to be grateful for the love my late husband gave me is to honor his memory...

alam ko marami akong nging kasalanan sa kanya, at hindi rin naman siya naging perfect eh. but in the end, what matters is forgiveness, acceptance and unconditional love. and most important eh yung naging center si God sa marriage namin, we growed together as Christians.

Papalapit na yung 9th anniversary sana namin, 4 more days. Masakit, malungkot, parang gusto kong magtago at kalimutan ang lahat. But this is life, the best thing is to keep thinking how blessed I was and still am, to have had a husband like him.

If I had a chance to do it all over again, I would appreciate him 100times more than the 100% appreciation I gave him.

*to borrow a line from the book "Let me be a Woman" by Elisabeth Elliot ; "Snoring is the sweetest music in the world. Ask any widow."


*for those who complain about petty things regarding their husbands, like how they always leave the toliet seat up or squeeze the toothpaste from the wrong end of the tube or how the wife couldn't sleep well at night because hubby's snores are too loud.

I never liked what my late hubby did to the bathroom everytime he would take a shower...as in basa talaga lahat, parang swimming pool ang sahig. YET,now, when I take a shower, I do the same, kasi nakakamiss pala yung ganun. Pati yung super duper lakas na hilik niya na dati binibiro ko siya parang tunog ng generator ng mall eh hinahana-hanap ko, until now hirap pa rin akong makatulog without that sweet sounding snore.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:35:02 am by Gabrielle Andre »

ana mimi

  • Guest
naiiyak naman ako sa story mo sis.. hehe,, i am in the midst of my hormonal imbalances pa naman kase i am pregnant..


chin66ay

  • Guest
happy valentines day mga sis. grabe, this is my favorite thread. it made my appreciate, and love my hubby more.

PINKAHOLIC

  • Guest
Re: i am freshly widowed and would like to share this to all married women out t
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2011, 06:23:13 pm »
OMG namiss ko tuloy ang BATAko, malupit din ako sa kanya dati. I promise, i will give him my ALL from now on. Thanks sis.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:06:52 pm by PINKAHOLIC »

YuNa024

  • Guest
all i can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH sis... you reminded me how i am so lucky to have my husband beside me.. always. for you and your daughter, i just wish you more strength and continued happiness knowing that God loves you in a very special way.. please continue inspiring others. i love you sis. God bless you more..

Gabrielle Andre

  • Guest
salamat din sis. I know God only has my best interest in mind. So if He had to take away a husband who was in so many ways so great, ano kaya yung ipapalit niya sa marriage ko na mas wonderful?

I'm saying this from the heart, you really have to appreciate your partners, make each day you spend together meaningful and with a purpose...

it's almost 2 years pero mahirap pa rin. I am young, alam ko madali sana akong maka move on. Mabait naman ako, matalino at maganda hehe), but when you find that other half, you just cannot simply imagine life with another person...

and alam kong impossible, but I'm asking for a day, or just an hour more with him to sustain me for the rest of my life living without him. I had 40 days with him before his heart stopped beating, nasabi ko na lahat ng gusto kong sabihin, narinig ko na rin sa kanya lahat ng mga importanteng gusto kong marinig.

 I felt it wasn't enough pero thankful pa rin ako for that, bihira lang ang nabibigyan ng chance na makapagpaalam sa mahal sa buhay. Bihira lang din na yung last words na sinabi bukod sa "pasalamat ako kay Lord dumating ka sa buhay ko, at alagaan mo yung anak natin," ay " I LOVE YOU 'bey " bago siya nawalan ng malay at naging brain dead...Na yung last na mga hininga niya (on his own, before he was put on artificial respirator) was on my lips when I had to administer CPR/Mouth-to Mouth Resuscitation...

And we know that all things work together
for good to those who love God, to those
who are the called according to His purpose. (Rom. 8:28)

simply_janee

  • Guest
sis super nkkainspire at touching ang story mo..thanks for sharing..

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close