Author Topic: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!  (Read 67293 times)

poisonivyflirty

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 12:33:55 pm »
i used to be a chain smoker.. i can finish one pack in one sitting! hehe.. pugon nga tawag nila sa akin.. lalo na kapag asa bundok ako.. i just woke-up one day and told myself na ayoko na mag yosi.. and that was it.. it's been 6 years..

techgirl

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 02:40:04 pm »
I have a similar story with techgirl...

Pero ako with my dad... I was in Prep (take note: I'm working na for 2 years) when a janitress died of lung cancer... I guess it affected me so much that I had a rally against my dad's smoking...

As in, di pwede pumasok sa bahay namin si dad pag amoy yosi... Yung mga yosi nya pinuputol ko... Just a scent of yosi, I don't kiss / hug him... There was even a time nga that I asked him to step out of the car (he was driving) because he smelled like yosi... hehe :)

Well, it worked for my dad! He hasn't smoked since then. :)

I don't smoke... My guy is trying to quit for me... I can't take the smoke eh... What he's doing is limiting his sticks to 4 a day... Ayaw nya biglain... Baka daw lumobo sha eh... And yes, he uses smoking as his way to de-stress...

Ako rin I can't take the smell of cigarette smoke. Ganun talaga pag hindi ka sanay. Lumaki kasi kami walang naninigarilyo sa bahay.

techgirl

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 02:46:35 pm »
My chest x-ray is super normal, ni wala akong infection whatsoever. Kaya the doctor said ok naman ako. Akala ko nga may makikita sa x-ray ko.Pero like your bf,sis,konting change lang sa weather, ayan na, may sakit na ko,like now. Every two months ata my trangkaso ako. Hay...

mga sis, ingat sa health. my husband was diagnosed of Pulmonary Tuberculosis exactly 2 YEARS AFTER saying goodbye to the smoking habit. He went under medication for 6 months. Ok na sya ngayon. Buti na lang hindi yung nakakahawang type ang sakit nya; otherwise, kawawa mga bata.

lloydiane

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 03:28:25 pm »
^sis ganyan din dad ko. under medication sya ngayon and he totally quit smoking. hindi ko nga malaman kung paano gagawin ko. this friday i'm going back home for vacation. naku kelangan ko  magcontrol sa pagyosi baka mainggit si dad eh! LOL!

bec_succubus

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 03:36:12 pm »
sis techgirl..oh my Gosh di nga?Im gonna be vigilant and have myself checked every 6 months.As of now, xray's clear, but Im nursing a sore throat and cough/cold right now. Ive upped my Vitamin C na rin and my milk intake.

patrisseko

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 07:36:02 pm »
Bilib naman ako sa mga nakapag stop mag smoke. Kase ako pag iniisip ko pa lang natitigil ako para na ko maloloka. Parang kakambal ko na talaga ang cigarette.

stress reliever ko [textspeak!] ang smoking para sa akin.

pero gusto ko na talga mag quit. anytips po,

nadialicious16

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 01:07:29 pm »
haha ako i've tried quitting like a million times na ata,pero very unsuccessful. last month i have no choice but to stop for a while kasi nga i have to undergo medical check-up at may x-ray na involve. upto now nga i have no idea kung ano na hitsura ng baga ko kasi forwarded lahat ng result sa embassy. sa experience kong one week w/o smoke,nakakaloka anjan yung nilagnat ako at talagang hindi makatulog sa paghahanap ng suba ! upto now am still smoking.i know how to stop pero ang hirap eh. ;D

techgirl

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 07:34:01 pm »
sis, i know how ti feels. mahirap talaga mag-quit sa habit if it has become part of your life. it takes a lot of will power. it took me years to finally convince my husband to quit the habit kaya talagang thankful ako nung finally nag-quit na siya. :)

fairyduster23

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 01:28:05 am »
if you want to quit smoking, then why not go for the electronic cigarette, its the new alternative way of smoking, pm me if you need more info, im really addicted to this right now, and yes its healthy :)

jenerus

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 08:09:14 pm »
Is it rue youll gain lots of weight once you quit smoking? Been smoking since college, gusto ko na rin iwanan tong bisyo na toh.

_katelicious_

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 08:45:16 pm »
^ It's all in the mind I think  ::)  If you just work out and eat right, you won't gain weight.

MsP

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 12:55:44 am »
been smoke free for 5 months. had routine 2 days ago (xray, ecg, 2decho, bloodchem), all normal.. thank God!
 i was 118lbs before i stopped smoking, now i'm 129lbs..
before i quit, matakaw na talaga ako, mas lalo lang nagka-appetite after quitting.. i was more into sweets, and lagi ako gutom. i'm trying to slow down on eating, focusing more on daily exercise...
i must say, laking ginhawa din sa katawan now that i stopped. super tagal na din ako sa habit na yun. since gradeschool...
before, in denial din ako, i always say never ako mag stop. kahit ano mangyari etc, etc.. but when i started to feel shortness of breath, and a week of terrible headache, sabi ko, ay ayaw ko pa ma-dedo... kaya stop na ko.. biglaan lang, stop kung stop... i just hope i will never light up again, ever...

luvsophie

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 07:10:44 am »
^ I've cut down my daily sticks to 2 (max) pero i'm gaining weight too. Sobrang takaw ko ngayon sa sweets! Waahh.. :(

pink_girl69

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 12:20:14 pm »
anyone here heard of CARICA herbal cigarettes? effective kaya, buy ko sana for my husband e..

fridays03

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 03:51:06 pm »
this is my frustration with my hubby..to quit smoking. Ito na lang lagi nyang newyrs resolution  :(

mizizlim

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 04:12:40 pm »
i used to smoke heavily talaga and i'd always tell myself na ok lang kasi i can quit if i wanted to.

i tried to stop by minimizing and then gradually mawawala na kuno.  :)

but the thing that really worked for me was cold turkey talaga.  as in from 10 sticks to zero.

ang sabi nila super mahirap daw yun.  pero hindi naman din ako gaano nahirapan.  i wanted to have a baby na kasi and sabi nga sakin dapat i-stop yun.

i guess it's just a matter of finding something that you want more than the nicotine.   something to give you the will power to really stop.  tulad nga nun sakin, mas gusto ko naman na magka-baby na kesa sa nicotine high.  so yun, give up ko na smoking.  :)

vnessa

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2009, 02:36:36 pm »
I will honestly admit that I wanted to quit, on and off ako sa pagyoyosi. Pag-stress ako hindi ko mapigilan ang mag-yosi. 1-2 sticks sa araw na gusto ko magyosi. hindi naman ako yung araw-araw kelangan magyosi. Gusto ko talaga mag-quit for health reasons. Pero ang hirap eh... I cant say its all in the mind...i dont know, basta ang alam ko ayaw ko na magyosi. hayyz :(

miming

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2009, 02:59:03 pm »
ako i do smoke pero once in a while lang..pag badtrip lang ako..mga 1-2 sticks a month or none at all..pero gusto ko na din sana stop pag smoke totally kasi nga sa mga stories on tv like binutasan na yung throat para makahinga..also it makes you 10 yrs older than you actual age due to skin problems..my last stick was 1st week of october or september yata..and hopefully di ko na siya ulit gagawin..naniniwala kasi ako sa saying na prevention is better than cure..at since im afraid to die (kung pwede lang maging immortal) eh siyempre i should STOP na talaga..kahit alam kung pa-isa isa lang ako..


clueless

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2009, 11:35:55 pm »
i told myself i will quit in the new year or when i have my next asthma attack, whichever comes first.

the asthma attack came sooner than the new year. so now i am off cigs again... maybe only until i feel better?

vnessa

  • Guest
Re: This is it! I'm quitting from SMOKING!
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2009, 12:29:03 pm »
sabi nga nila, "kung gusto marami paraan, kung ayaw madami dahilan". I started smoking again. :( stressed and been thinking a lot lately.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close