watch now

Author Topic: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?  (Read 63893 times)

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2009, 01:28:05 pm »
Alam mo AKTHUNG, I swear, I swear, I swear ... gigil na gigil na ako whenever I hear that:  "hindi mo naman kailangan".  Bakit ba lagi akong pre-empted? 

As for babae ka lang, housewife ka lang later on .......Pareho tayo nang family... kung babae ka .. tama na housewife ka lang. 

Alam mo eto na nga na alala ko tuloy mga repressed memories ko.... yung father ko noon,  eh di madami kaming girls so siguro hindi nya na ma distinguish 1 from the other pag rush rush ang buhay... Siguro kung minsan gusto nyang say sa nag haharass sa kanyang daughter:  eh teka nga, ano nga ba pangalan mo, Anak?

Kasi, o sige, binobola ko myself for sooo long na.. Iniisip ko nagka mistaken identity lang itong Dad ko, siguro harassed that day with all the girls and women in his life.  LOL

Sabi ba naman sa akin... hmmm,ok card mo (kasi pag over 85 may bayad, pag over 90 mas malaki bayad.. pag wala ka line of 8 eh mas maganda of course bayad.  LOL .. eh of course, I was gonna collect!)   ....  sige, baka kaya mo pa maging teller sa bank.

OMGrief!  Para akong struck by lightning by that insult.  Ano?  Hello?  Hindi ba ako yung anak mong maabilidad?  Yung bilib na bilib ka magaling makahanap ng solution sa mga unusual problems?  (May inborn talent nga kasi siguro ako for crisis management)  tapos ang ambition mo lang for me is maging teller?!   At that moment, aminin ko, I had a fleeting knowledge of what parricide is all about.  Tama ba yong term ko pag yung father mo ang gusto mong batukan nang.... mabigat na ashtray? 
hay buhay.   

After that, wala na akong inambisyon kundi semplangin my father (dati ko nang ginagawa kay Mother yun eh).  I announced shortly thereafter... I am getting married. I am not pregnant.

Kasi inisip ko my husband will send me to where I want to go for college (eh my father will insist I go to Assumption College... good grief!  Generally, or 99% of AC HS grads go to where the boys are ha).  and ayon nga,  sent me to MBA na rin.   Kaya gigil ako sa father ko. 

Hindi na natuto ha.  History repeats itself nga if you do not learn the lesson.  2 brothers did not finish college... 1 doon ang dead father ni FB.  1 brother eh.... naku kung saang lupalop na patapon na college natapos nang pasang awa.  Wala kasing ginawa kundi drive his cars, chicks, sugal. 

So there, kahit na maging lap dancer ko okay inisip ko but never ako papayag to be a bank teller.  (I am not trivializing bank tellers ha... ayoko lang kasi kinahon na ako agad ni Father noon).

Yang "hindi mo naman kailangan".  Hay, AKTHUNG,  ang dami ko nang ganyang scenes.  Once, our parents went to the US.  Ang daming pasalubong, of course angat brothers & families, ltd.
Pero that time.... lahat que DIL or daughter binigyan ng Cartier tank watch.   Ako alam mo what I got?   A tissot watch.  (Ginagamit ko nga pamalengke!)  ayon nanaman:  Hindi mo naman kailangan...

Hello?  Bakit ba they mix up need with greed?  LOL
Siguro mukhang nalugi my face... my husband, ah bless his heart kahit na noon eh philanderer pa sya ... we went to HK the next weekend,  and he bought me a Piaget.  hehe

Ganyan na ganyan si Mother and Father.
They bring home Bally shoes for everyone, bilib ako dito ha how they have such a long codigo about what sizes everybody wears!  Tapos, they give husband some belt na ewan.  Sabi ko .. uy, pang cowboy.  hahaha..   I know, never dapat look a gift horse in the mouth... something like that di ba. 
(How I wish though it were a horse nga!)

Sabi ko kay hubby, kasi ako napahiya sa gawang ganoon ...  hayaan mo na... basta pag lumabas uli tayo... hwag ka na buy Bally shoes.   Puro Moreschi suot mo.  Ako I buy him his Moreschi shoes all the time kahit ayaw na nya ng bago. Kahit na noong naisip ko na to leave him, I would buy him those hard to locate Moreschi shoes ... pero charge ko all to his card..  LOL   Dapat kahit gigil ka eh dapat wise ka di di ba?    ;D

Kung sasabihin ni Mother na pangit ako.
Atrevida ako.  Masyado akong upfront hindi naman daw ako Americana ..  okay lang yan lahat.  Doesn't affect me, kasi hindi naman true isip ko -- well of course, most of the time hindi kasi well, of course I have my pangit days din.  LOL
 Pero pag sinabing -- hindi mo naman kelangan.... grrrrr!!!   I can just see myself turning into a na-ulol Dalmatian.

For those who have had the patience to go through all these cuentos.... hi!  I hope you are amused somewhat.  More important,  for others ... sana na comfort din kayo na hindi kayo nag-iisa.    :)

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2009, 01:43:02 pm »
ako din sis may kakaibang mga natutunan na din sa capabilities ng mga tao para sa pera..

but your mom's character is a revelation..ang laki ng family nyo. malamang kinaiinggitan ka kasi successful ka more than most of your siblings.

Hay naku, Mrs JACKSPARROW... ang babaw naman nila. Kasi I always share or help or bail out. 

Eh I do not miss a heartbeat kahit gisingin ako 3AM kasi yung anak noong 1 nakasama sa gulo ng mga teenagers paglabas sa Embassy... kelangan makuha sa police. 

Atchaka money is not everything although it is a big comfort.  Pero talaga,  you can enjoy only so much of it.   After that... hayan ha bantayan nyo si Mother Dionisia Paquiao... enjoy sya now ka enumerate magkano her gowns, her bags, etc.... (pati daw gamit na girdle sa US Embassy interview pinakita on tv? true ba yon?  cute)   --- happy sya kahit na ang Rolex nya eh hindi platinum. 

Next year, tignan mo kung ganoon pa rin sya ka kilig with her purchases kahit na upgraded na mga ito.

Eh andyan nga inggit ako kay Achi kasi kahit na her bag is as big only as a pocketbook... basta bumaba sya ng car nya at nakita sya ng hubby nya eh...  nagkandarapa hubby nya to carry her bag for her.

A brother of mine... kahit na ba mukhang bloated panty with lace and putcha fink ang color ng bag ng SIL or kabit ... he will carry it for her!  Kahit na sabihin mo naka tingin ang buong MetroManila.
Bilib ako sa kapal ng mukha nya sa ganoon... actually, what confidence di ba.

I have a BIL never never never kahit ano pagka taklesa ni Mother or Father, sumagot or nagpakita ng suya. Inggit ako doon.

Of course, inggit ako noon sa mga BIL na hindi philanderers.. as far as we know, LOL.

Inggit ako, and I tell them, sa 1 sister ko na does not lead a hectic life.  She stays in her beautiful garden the whole day.  Malumanay kinakausap ang mga plants nya. 
Eh ako, masulyapan ko lang daw ang plant, per hubby ... eh nanginginig na sa takot si plant kasi ako yung umiikot with scissors to snip off flowers, dead leaves or ... mukha ka nang bruha   plant, hair trim kita.  Pangit "tayo"  mo,  plant... teka, lipat kita... sa kabilang dulo ng Metro Manila...  :)

Sabi ng husband ko I am soooo impatient. Kelangan daw inaantay,  linalambing ang plants to bloom, to flourish....hindi daw kinukuha sa dahas, sa threats... teka, bakit si F Webb ba ako?

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2009, 01:59:39 pm »
ALNA -- sabi ko nga, what money can do; how money can change people.  Hindi na ako ever nagugulat kung ano man play out.

SILVER ON FIRE --  sa ganitong family conflicts,  it is who has the fortitude (yun ba ang right word, to denote the strength to just keep on going?)  that will come on top.

Actually, sabi ko nga kay hubby... this is no win-win situation.  Whoever benefits, it is actually a lose-lose situation.   

Realistically, our mother will fight to the end to perpetuate her ka-swapangan.
Money is power for her; and well siguro kung wala ngang respect and love... money sure can comfort you.

Ako, I told Achi... this Miting de Avance is nothing.   Just you see who stands on which side in a week or so.   
Actually, this is tiresome... kasi after sorting out the legalities and more or less knowing what strengths and weaknesses are on your side, and are on the other side's plate ...  alam nyo.... so many repressed or forgotten memories surface.

Andyan yung pinilit mo nang kalimutan na sama nang loob or heartbreak that pops up just like that habang kwentuhan.   Eh di gigil ka na naman.  What emotional baggage!  It is draining.

I am just a bit better off than most sisters kasi matagal ko nang detach myself.  O sige, parents ko pero ganoon sila... for reasons only known to them... so I try not to "take it personally".  (sa phrase na yan gigil sa akin si Achi now.  Ha?  Ano?!  puede ba yon?  Ilaglag kaya kita sa Guadelupe bridge?  I just laugh at her.)

I also try to put myself in my dad's shoes.
and my mother's shoes?
How was I as a daughter?
I try to see how I flouted their rules etc etc.
Teka, hindi naman ako nag KatH or something like that... so what's their beef?
Hindi naman ako bumagsak bagsak, on the contrary, so what's their beef?
Wala naman akong ginawa except give a dissenting, though reasonable, view now and then.

What do I learn from this all?
I told my husband last night... okay naman ako na mother di ba.  He said yes, beyond question.
(I did not push my luck, hindi ko na ask if okay na wife ako... hehe)

so ganoon=, i listen to my kids... kahit na very young, nagiisip yan... trying to get something better, trying to establish some self identity somehow.   Nothing is trivial to a kid.
And always be fair, regardless of sex.


ratacutie

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2009, 02:01:15 pm »
Sis aquacharly, go for your legitime if you have the appetite for it.  ;D  personally kasi, I don't really like the squabbles for money, inheritance, etc. within the family.  May ganyan din kaming problema, but we are the grandchildren, na like your FICF, may mga 2nd generation (uncles) and third generation (cousins) na walang ginawa kundi umasa sa inheritance.  Kaming mga eking out a living on our own, walang interest and couldnt care less whether may mapunta sa amin or not.  Concern ko lang, ayaw kong malugi yung iba kong pinsan at kapatid na also needs the money...or di kaya mga pamangkin ko.  Dilemma talaga...wala akong natulong ano? haha...kasi kami mismong magkakapatid wa care talaga.  pero I have siblings who I know the inheritance can help them...for their sakes, minsan gusto ko rin makipaglaban.  Kaya lang asa 2nd generation pa yung "judgment" kung baga.  Nakiki-ingay ingay lang ako na "it's not fair, that's your legitime, we have an inchoate interest in it and so do your grandchildren" etc.  Hay buhay.  Minsan ok pa yung walang masyadong inheritance kasi sakit lang yan sa ulo.  Pray about it sis, hirap ng decision na yan.  Mabuubos din pera nyo sa litigation.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2009, 02:43:09 pm »
I have been asked here how I will treat my daughters.

Kaming mag asawa... we commit to support fully our kids hangga't saan gusto pumunta with their brains -- regardless of sex.

God permitting, we may be able to  set aside something beyond educational needs....(you never can tell with life eh di ba.  God helps those who help themselves. But some big deals are not in our hands. Think of the current global financial crisis.. mga ganoon.  Hindi mo masasabing  I have it all now... and I will have it forever!)

But it will never be a cradle-to-grave arrangement.  Ano?!  Ano yon? Welfare?  Eh kahit na US hindi na kaya such expense!     

We will not say... like my parents, may mana ka hija or hijo.  ah hindi! 
You can study anything under the sun... pero may time limit.. So many years in GS, so many in HS, so many College tapos... MBA so many years lang.  Hindi katulad ni FB eh forever irregular 1st year College.  hehe

Right now, I cuerdas my husband.
Every kid, kahit na you wake up one day ayaw mo ang face, kahit na matigas ang ulo... etc... Compulsory Heir.  He said, whatever... basta gusto ko ang mga anak natin ang makikinabang, hindi ibang tao,  sa pinaghirapan natin.  Amen.

Ngayon pa lang, kahit na malayo pa ha... I cuerdas my girl... kelangan may pre-nup.  Ano yon?  Sweetie, you see this?  This   pretty lady is Catherine Zeta Jones!  Pretty, and pretty smart..... dahdahdahdahdah... LOL   

Sweetie, a man must pay for your time! 
Pero hindi ka intelligent if  he pays only for a short time.  LOL!
If a man promises you the moon, you must see the moon -- hindi photo lang.  Something like that.  Paglakilaki mo mas getz mo. 
(Gusto akong batukan ni Achi when she heard this lecture of mine... to nieces na --  hoy!  bata pa mga yan. Bata pa daughter mo!   Sabi ko mga wise na rin yan!  Brainwashing must start early per Hitler.)

There is a thread on pre-nups (not the photo pre-nups ha) and I posted there medyo as usual, mahaba.... eh hay naku macuento nga kasi ako.  (I do hope some of you get amused.)

Well, I will bring up my daughter thinking pre-nups are practical, no big deals... another tool to orderly co-existence.

It is not  a matter of raising a feminine child...
But a matter of raising someone with no borders on her dreams... sige, sige go for it hangga't kaya.
Kelangan hindi ka Maria Clara. Kelangan makapal ka like Korina ... ooopz, baka ma X ako dito ah.  Sorry.

It is not a matter of raising a feminine child nga... but a matter of raising someone who does not think her dream is less than that of her male sibling, partner/spouse.

If there is a dream that is just as good, as important as any body else's dream, regardless of gender...... then it follows that she will always value herself and not put herself in harm's way nor be a victim of abuse of any kind.

It is not  a matter of raising a feminine child nga.. but a matter of raising someone who respects herself and respects her spouse and others.

If there is respect for herself and for others... all other things like kindness, consideration, fairness, etc. follow di ba.

My son is into taekwando.
My daughter will take  aikido.
    I am very particular about her growing up to be physically adept at defending herself vs sexual harassment. 

So there, pantay pantay.  What the son has, the girl has too -- as far as is practical/feasible.   

Of course, como mother tayo di ba.. there is the skill of flirting to be taught.  hehe   (hindi ko na gets yan sa mother ko eh... na gets ko sa mga classmates ko!)

For the son naman,  kelangan sabi ko kay hubby may mag teach what are the traps girls na hmmm spring.   Pano mo lulusutan ang mga ganoon?  Kasi you know most young men... sige lang nang sige, pasok ng pasok saka na isipin pano lusutan.  Hay buhay.
Saka na daw, bata pa.  Sabi ko eh, per Hitler you gotta start them young!   :D






sweety_paige

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2009, 02:58:26 pm »
Thanks Sis Aquacharly, I'm learning a lot from you.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2009, 03:16:55 pm »
RATACUTIE  -- thanks for your feedback. 
Tama ka dyan ha... always assess your downside when going into anything, lalo na kung conflict is involved.

Yes, I too share your concern for those of our siblings who will benefit from a legal distribution of  the estate. 

It is not that we may have no need for the money (teka, who ever ba in this world did not have enough greed?  LOL)  -- pero, some do not want to pay the price tag of being bothered by it all di ba.

This conflict, even if it goes to court, will not drain us legally. Otherwise,  I will not entertain even just the idea of it.  What is the point if you go for a chair and burn your house di ba?  Better, go for a chair and burn somebody's house?  LOL

Update us too on any developments on your story ha.
But a good insight I got from you, which I will share with my siblings when we have another Miting de Avance is that ... the next generation after us, at hindi lang si FB!,  are interested in how this plays out ... and how it pays out. 

So tama ka RATACUTIE ... it is not just my decision or a sibling's decision.  After the husband, there is the children to consider. 
Eh kasi naman di ba... baka beyond guerra patani na kami ng mother namin, tapos eto mga kids namin they just drop in and continue to be sweetie sweetie to their lola in all their innocence.  Eh yun pala gigil na si lola sa lahat.

Kidding aside, this is something that young and uncaring about financial matters as they may appear to be -- the grandchildren will learn lessons, good and bad, from this all.  Like AKTHUNG said... kahit na tumahik his parents... hindi natapos doon ang cuerdasan... umabot pa sa kanilang generation the conflict, the disappointments, etc.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2009, 04:45:00 pm »
Aquacharly, I spent most of the afternoon reading your story.  I agree that you have to fight for what is fair.  I shall pray for you.

I leave you with this quote:  "Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you."  - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

frapi

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2009, 05:02:07 pm »
aquacharly,i learned a lot from you   :)

god bless you  :)

ratacutie

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2009, 10:59:49 am »
sis aquacharly, you never fail to amuse me.  I have missed reading your posts...tagal ko din nawala sa GT.

By the way, kami ng hubby ko may prenup hahahaha

midnight

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2009, 11:54:07 am »
been a lurker on this thread for a long time. I better post para hinde na ako mahirapan kakahanap sa 'Unread Topics' :D

@Aquacharly - thanks for sharing all these. I enjoy reading your responses to threads albeit lengthy because you always make sense. I learn a lot from this Inheritance thread. I am not going through your situation, but I have the feeling that I will soon, since the older generation is getting quite old. Even now, I am thinking of what the scenarios might be.. sometime in the future, I can see myself posting my family's story here.

Sis, I admire you alot. Somehow you have managed to become (and remain) the person that you are despite the odds stacked against you. And you still harbour the best intentions for your mother and your family! Bless your good heart! Good luck with life.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2009, 09:39:05 pm »
THANK YOU for your prayers, advice and support.... and patience sa mga mahabang cuentos.  LOL
Hope you learned something of use for your lives; or at least, got amused.

My Achi said masyado na akong madaming cuentos. sa inyo.  ... ihuhulog nya na ako 5x sa Guadalupe Bridge.  :)

I will appreciate your prayers this weekend... yes, I have great faith in prayers... specially if these are from people unknown... coz these come from generous hearts....

UPDATE: 
1.  Mother gave an Inventory; which most sisters (including me)  did not deem accurate coz there were documents (we separately saw in the past) that were not in the folders sent.
2.  Mother challenged us all:  Sige, freeze kung freeze.

Siblings have been bugging me since yesterday:  Ano na? Ano na? Ano na?

What is productive now?
     Tell MA -- the threat is not effective coz think:  people with "zero share"  have nothing to lose going after their legal share....  what are lawyers' fees?  what are legal fees?  what are a few days in court?   vs the probability that after some time,  babagsak din sa lap nila some of the fruits pag na hinog...  (Achi said:  your Tagalog is still so mangled!  LOL) 
      EACH OF YOU -- assess what your true reason is/are for your involvement in this family conflict.
Stepping aside from the guerra patani is also a decision, remember.
      EACH OF YOU --  assess your commitment and fortitude for pursuing your reason/s.   
      EACH OF YOU -- arrive at what final position you will take.  Basta it must be all the way, whatever position you take ... on the banca, with mother, or spectator to the guerra patani.

PERSONALLY, I told them... I do not want to let next week pass without action on our part.
Mother has taken action... she is sitting on it all... that is her action.
I do not want to invest further time on this, I do not want to be talking to you all about this anymore ... it is time next week to decide to bring it to court or not.

I said,  if we bring it to court... it is out of your hands... the lawyers take over, and this conflict gets a "life of its own".   We just thereafter follow the dictates of procedures and requirements set by laws, court rules and regulations.

I told the sisters... nobody talk to her, coz it will just lead to more hostilities ... counterproductive yan.

I told the brothers... talk to her.
       
          Tell her I cannot understand why she can be so swapang she wants to keep it all for herself and her sons.
         
          Tell her I cannot understand why there is more than enough,  but she cannot find it in her to share with her daughters --some of whom may have good use/need  for their legal share of our father's estate.

          Tell her, my commitment of my legal share of the estate for the establishment of a Kangkungan Fund remains.   Some others may join, but do not bank on it that everyone will commit to the Kangkungan Fund.
         
So there, I told the brothers to talk to her for 1 last time on this family conflict.
I told the sisters to see if new docs will arrive at Achi's house over the weekend.
I told them all not to bug me on this matter until Monday next week.   

Thanks again to all of you.
God bless all!


marose17

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2009, 09:48:08 pm »
I really hope you can find a solution without going to court - it gets messier otherwise.  Plus, there is the BIR to consider.  Ang laki kaya ng estate tax! 

Other families do estate planning by putting up a foundation or family holding corporation.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2009, 09:59:23 pm »
I really hope you can find a solution without going to court - it gets messier otherwise.  Plus, there is the BIR to consider.  Ang laki kaya ng estate tax! 

Other families do estate planning by putting up a foundation or family holding corporation.

MAROSE14  it is actually now out of my hands.  Some of the siblings... sisters and the brothers really want their legal share. 

Not necessarily to draw down on totally now; but kelangan lang talaga may mga bakod na ang assets...hindi iyong halo halo and we just leave it to the future to resolve it all for us. 

Atchaka  hehe... nag side comment ako about that other thread where medyo may konting kusot coz the grandmere married a retired general after being a widow for 4 decades!  Isipin nyo yon ha... nothing is impossible.

IF that happens, coz well, Mother is still very attractive... LOL ..  and she does not have a pre-nup.. ayos!   It will be more troublesome in the future to have to define again which are the children's legal shares.



(na read ko kasi in another thread... her grandmother, after 4 decades of being a viuda, married a retired general who has the energy pa to impose his family management style on the grandchildren!  so may conflict...)

marose17

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2009, 10:02:46 pm »
^ I read about that particular grandma nga.  Hehe.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend na lang muna.  Sa Monday na ulit isipin your guerra patani.   ;)

ratacutie

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2009, 10:16:01 pm »
sis aquacharly, you should really settle the estate of your father now, otherwise masmagulo if it's not settled eh. like wait until (knock on wood) your mom also follows your dad's wake...naku messy na yun talaga. best also if extrajudicial partition na lang of the estate, diba Marose?

marose17

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2009, 10:26:20 pm »
Extrajudicial partition is advisable if all agree to the partition.  But still, you have to pay estate taxes.

For real properties or shares of stock, you cannot transfer the title or the shares to the heir/s unless the estate tax has been paid.

By the way, the Notice of Death must be filed with the BIR asap.  The estate tax return must be filed within 6 months (may be extended under extraordinary circumstances; probate of will not yet done, partition not yet agreed upon by the heirs).

maika14

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2009, 05:23:00 am »
anong oras na at ngaun ko lang natapos ang story mo sis! bilib ako sa writing skills mo! hindi man lang ako naligaw sa mga characters na nabanggit mo. tama sila, may future ka sa writing..:D

kidding aside, i wish you and your family well. im so impressed/amazed/awed (lahat na!) with whatever you've been thru. talagang girl power! goodluck kung san man kayo hahantong ng mga siblings mo. you're mom is still lucky to have a daughter like you na kahit anong sama ng childhood eh, concern pa din sya. bless your heart sis aquacharly!  :)

also, i like the hitler analogy for the kids ha? gagayahin ko yun! para walang aapi sa magiging anak ko.. :D

ratacutie

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2009, 10:18:00 am »
^^yep yep.  so, pag kay sis aquacharly...baka maghahalo ang balat sa tinalupan muna bago maka extrajudicial partition sila? hehe.  That's the easiest way though if all the heirs get along. :)  But kasi if the estate will not be settled now, mas magulo even with the taxes and transfers later on

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: INHERITANCE - to get or not to get?
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2009, 05:26:10 pm »
Extrajudicial partition is advisable if all agree to the partition.  But still, you have to pay estate taxes.

For real properties or shares of stock, you cannot transfer the title or the shares to the heir/s unless the estate tax has been paid.

By the way, the Notice of Death must be filed with the BIR asap.  The estate tax return must be filed within 6 months (may be extended under extraordinary circumstances; probate of will not yet done, partition not yet agreed upon by the heirs).

Yeah, MAROSE, tama ka sa lahat.

The lawyers have warned us about the 6-month deadline with the BIR.  Our mother ignores this kasi.

Actually,  ang puede lang itago are the cash, certain stocks, time deposits, and similar assets.  Lalo na those that are not under our father's name.  The liquid assets ika nga. 

BUT if we go to court...well, all gets taxed. 
Sabi ng lawyers,  naku ayos kayo sa BIR ...

Actually, nobody wants to sell any real property at this point.  The thrust is to rent out commercial properties or business assets that nobody wants to run. The unanimous decision, kahit na nagkaka guerra patani is to maintain the status quo ... no disposing of anything ... for at least a year, of the real estate properties.  Kasama dyan the nice and spacious dog houses ("townhouses" tawag namin, LOL)   of our father.

Some properties kasi are in the name/s of the brothers, pero understood hindi lang kanila iyon.

Once we get a complete inventory (or what we think is a complete inventory, never can tell kung may quiet quiet lang dyan di ba) ...  eh then we can start negotiating among ourselves who buys out whom, or how it will be shared amongst us.

But to be fair,  ang distribution should not be property by property... basta lahat may legal share in each property... tapos from there, we will just negotiate among ourselves who wants to own what or keep what.

Ang gulo nga eh. 
I told my husband, the best thing siguro is to put everything in the name of a corporation.  Tapos, distribute shares to the corporation and make sure, later on, as each kid gets to be 21 .. transfer some shares (the minors have shares in safekeeping).. and make it a condition that
     the child must have a pre-nup to deal with such shares;   and
     the shares cannot be sold outside the family... or something like that.

But thinking about it all now... binibiro ko si hubby, let spend it all!   LOL

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close