watch now

Author Topic: Novenas  (Read 197926 times)

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #400 on: September 26, 2012, 07:45:04 pm »
I have started praying the Prayer for Ina Poong Bato. Kapag prayer ba, 9 days din? :)

lesters_gal

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #401 on: September 26, 2012, 10:27:57 pm »
ako ilang years na ako nag pray kay st.jude gabi2x pero till now hindi parin nya binibigay yung request ko... :( pero im still hoping na ibibigay nya rin sa akin yung request ko...

_tweetums_

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #402 on: September 29, 2012, 01:16:44 pm »
Hi mishyewarians,
yung pamphlet ko din from St. Jude sa may malacanang, yun na pamphlet ko since college pa. :) di ko lang siguro napapansin yung pang 9 days na english dun, nabubulol kase ako pag tagalog kahet sa isip lang parang nakakahingal hehe, anlalalim kase

missfragile

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #403 on: October 03, 2012, 12:04:39 pm »
hi mga sis... very powerful talaga yung mga novena. proven na... kay st. therese me madalas mag novena... and kahit hinde pa tapos yung novena ko, may rose akong nakikita... yung bunso ko ngang baby i named after her... Angelisse- angel plus therese. :)
share ko lang po.. im praying for my life nun kasi dumating yung time na sobrng depress ako.. sinagot niya yung mga prayers ko... countless yung blessings from above.. though hinde lahat bigay sayo pero proven kung ano yung heart's desire mo, binibigay talaga... kaya tuloy tuloy lang ang mga prayers natin... marami din akong saints na pinagdasalan, and naririnig yung mga panalangin ko. so let's pray lang... keep God in the center of our lives. :)

roxykarlo

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #404 on: October 03, 2012, 12:17:01 pm »
hi, i would just like to ask, is praying the rosary everyday considered as a novena? thank you to those who will reply. God bless us all.

_tweetums_

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #405 on: October 03, 2012, 12:48:49 pm »
hi roxykarlo,

ang alam ko there's 54-day novena, pray the rosary for 54 days, first 27 days for your petition, next 27 days for thanksgiving even your petition is not granted yet.

roxykarlo

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #406 on: October 03, 2012, 02:22:42 pm »
^ah okay sis. i don't know about that one, i am just praying the rosary lang everyday, im on my 3rd month na this week. :)

_tweetums_

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #407 on: October 03, 2012, 04:29:47 pm »
^ wow sis, congratulations, keep it up. sakto naman October is rosary month di ba,  :)

mishyewarians

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #408 on: October 03, 2012, 06:04:59 pm »
Hi mishyewarians,
yung pamphlet ko din from St. Jude sa may malacanang, yun na pamphlet ko since college pa. :) di ko lang siguro napapansin yung pang 9 days na english dun, nabubulol kase ako pag tagalog kahet sa isip lang parang nakakahingal hehe, anlalalim kase


Yup, ang hirap talaga kapag tagalog, same tayo, college days pa yung st jude novena pamphlet ko.. I put dates sa kanila kasi para masarap i reminisce.. :) kahit sa mass, i attend the english mass, cant answer pag tagalog, cant memorize, parang ang hirap for me.. :)

_tweetums_

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #409 on: October 03, 2012, 10:22:42 pm »
hi mishyewarians,

yun pala sis classmates tyo noh, haha echos :)
samen naman tagalog lagi kase cathedral, ang good side pag tagalog hindi nachange yung response, hehe :)

prodigal_girl

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #410 on: October 11, 2012, 01:05:21 pm »
In the second half of September, I reached the lowest of the low. My love life ended, I was still jobless, my closest friends were all mad at me. These all happened because I chose to fight for love. I had no one to talk to and literally felt like I was STUCK, that things couldn't get better. I didn't know where and who else to turn to.. then I started confiding in God.

I purposely created this account to share how praying to God, with the help of St. Therese of the Child Jesus and St. Rita, have helped me tremendously.

ST. RITA
My mom used to study at St. Rita and I found her novena booklet randomly inserted onto her french board. Up until today, I have prayed and continue to pray for 3 specific requests under the categories: CAREER, FAMILY AND FRIENDSHIPS and LOVE. Things have definitely gotten better in these aspects of my life ever since I asked for her help.

To be specific,
I had been sending my application form to this particular company for about 2 months and for some reason, I didn't hear from them AT ALL. That didn't stop me from pursuing a job with this company. I prayed to St. Rita that I would hear from this company (even though it seemed impossible to happen) and a few days after my novena to her, they contacted me and invited me for an interview.

With regard to my friendships, things are definitely looking up. When I was really down, I felt like my friends alienated me and made me feel even worse that I already did. But praying made me realize that I was the problem, that if I made an effort to gain their forgiveness, things could go back to the way they were. And now, I'm happy to say I'm back to socializing with my amigas. I continue to pray for our bond to grow stronger.

Lastly, with regard to my love life, praying helped me realize that things can't happen when the timing's off -- that even if you're happy together but continue to hurt because of the things you put on hold to be together, it still wouldn't work. Praying made letting go of him easier and helped me clear my mind from all the should've-would've-could've's. I remain hopeful for a second chance and this time, at God's right time.

ST. THERESE OF THE CHILD JESUS

I started my novena to her a few days ago and I'm happy to say I've been seeing signs that I asked of her. For my request regarding my CAREER, I asked for a WHITE rose; a PINK rose for the one regarding my FAMILY AND FRIENDSHIPS and; a RED one regarding my LOVE LIFE. Even on the first day of my novena to her, she led me to see all three signs.

To be specific,
Yesterday I was out with my friends and we saw our former classmate in high school. She went near to greet us. I was sitting on a stool and when I looked up, I noticed the shirt she was wearing - a blouse printed with red roses.

Also,
When I was in my mom's storage area, I chanced up on a box printed with pink roses. And while watching TV yesterday, I saw white roses and red roses.

Sorry for the long testimony. Hope my entry will inspire more people to get closer to God. He will help you in times of need and out of love, will carry your burdens on His shoulders. :)

Pretty Gorgeous

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #411 on: October 18, 2012, 01:09:15 am »
A testimony for the strength of this nOvena :

oh my thirteen Blessed souls so wise and understanding, I ask you for
the Love of God that my request be answered.
Oh my thirteen Blessed souls so wise and understanding, I ask you for
the Love of God that my request be answered.  Of you I ask for the sake
of the blood that Jesus shed that my request be answered.

My Lord Jesus Christ that your protection wrap me with your arms. Guard
me with your eyes.

O God of kindness you have been my defender in life and death. I ask
that you free me from the difficulties that torment me. My thirteen
blessed souls so wise and understanding having received the grace I seek
from you (state request) I will be devoted to you.


Say Thirteen Our Father's and Thirteen Hail Mary's for Thirteen
consecutive days.   

Publish this prayer (share it with a friend) and
give a Mass of Thanksgiving.

roxykarlo

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #412 on: October 18, 2012, 09:09:55 am »
hi, i'm on my 4th month sa rosary

prodigal_girl

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #413 on: October 19, 2012, 02:34:36 pm »
Express Novena Memorare
Our Lady, please intercede for me.
Mother Teresa of Calcutta, please help me.

"Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your clemency hear and answer me. Amen."

Believe in it and continue to pray with faith.

_tweetums_

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #414 on: October 19, 2012, 09:22:16 pm »
Hi sis prodigal_girl,

is that for 9 days also?
Thanks, :)

prodigal_girl

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #415 on: October 20, 2012, 02:02:31 pm »
^Yup! For 9 days -- both St. Therese's and St. Rita's

Pero grabe lang! During the time I was praying my novena to St. Therese, I saw so many roses!
One time, I was looking for my 2x2 pictures in my cabinet, and lo and behold! I saw an envelope that had St. Rita's name printed on it and when I opened it, there were pressed petals of red roses in it. I'd like to believe that both Saints are helping each other to lift my prayers up to God. :D

And daming instances pa! As in kahit sa restaurant biglang may lesbian na nagbigay sa isa pang lesbian ng isang malaking red rose! Haha. Nakakatuwa lang isipin. I'd like to believe that my prayers are being granted.

I pray to St. Rita, St. Therese and (now) St. Expedite and the rosary everyday.

prodigal_girl

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #416 on: October 21, 2012, 11:55:36 am »
^ The express memorare is to be prayed 9 consecutive times. It's sort of like a 911 prayer! You don't necessary have to pray it for 9 consecutive days but if your need a quick answer to your prayers, you could.

I suggest you also pray to St. Expedite, people pray to him for quick help and action.

For desperate causes...
Pray to Saint Expedite
My Saint Expedite of urgent and just causes, please intercede for me with Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Succor me in this hour of affliction and despair, my Saint Expedite. You who are a Holy warrior, You who are the Saint of the afflicted, You who are the Saint of the desperate, you who are the Saint of urgent causes, Protect me, Help me, Give me Strength, Courage and Serenity.
Hear my plea. ____________ (Clearly express what you want, and ask him to find a way to get it to you.)
My Saint Expedite, help me to prevail through these difficult hours, protect me from all those who want to harm me, respond to my plea with urgency. Bring me back to the state of peace and tranquillity, my Saint Expedite. I will be grateful to you for the rest of my life and I will speak your name to all those who have faith.
(Now promise to give Saint Expedite a specific offering when your desire is granted.)
Amen.
(Say one Our Father, one Holy Mary, and make the sign of the cross.)
(Be sure to provide the offering you promised if Saint Expedite grants your petition)

Source: http://saintexpedite.org/prayers.html

_tweetums_

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #417 on: October 22, 2012, 01:42:35 am »
hi sis prodigal_girl,

9 consecutive times, as in pagka start mo, 9 times sha before you end your prayer?

read the prayer to St. Expedite before, pero now pagkabasa ko sa post mo, started praying it na. Thanks sis. :)

I'm also praying to St. Therese, and yes, palagi nga may sign ng rose, even hindi pa granted ang petition.

FieryAngel027

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #418 on: October 22, 2012, 04:58:52 am »
I pray these novenas everyday and , I've been seeing the signs na hiningi ko sa kanila. :)

St. Joseph
St. Rita of Cascia Patron of the Impossible
St. Anthony of Padua the Wonder Worker
St. Benedict Patron of Religious Men
St. Paul ( for Patience )
St. Jude Thaddeus Patron of Desperate Cases
St. Therese
St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina ( for my son )
St. Philomena the Powerful Wonder Worker

I know and believe that my petition is already given. I believe that they are working to grant my petition.

Pag nakakakita ako ng roses kahit anong colors sumasaya ako kasi I know my petition is already granted. Nung 3rd day ko pa lang, bigla ako may nakasabay na guy sa MRT na dalang bouquet of roses so ayun, I took it as a sign ba given na yung favor ko tinetest na lang siguro patience ko. Tapos sa fb nakakakita rin ako ng bouquet of roses na posted ng mga taong di mo akalain mag popost ng ganun. :) 

Also, magkakaiba ng versions ng novena napansin ko pero as long as I believe and pray from my heart, dinidinig nila tayo. Yung novenas ko kasi sa kanila galing sa book na compilation ng maraming prayers. Straight from the Heart and title ng book. You can find different prayers dun for different situations and professions. Complete prayer book sya. You can find it sa National Bookstore. :)
 

prodigal_girl

  • Guest
Re: Novenas
« Reply #419 on: October 22, 2012, 10:09:43 am »
^Yes, recite the prayer 9 consecutive times before you end it.

I'm glad I somehow inspired you to pray to St. Expedite, sis! Keep on praying lang. Try praying to St. Rita as well. She's the patroness of the impossible. :)

Good luck!!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close