Author Topic: The Laptop Thread  (Read 100453 times)

starstruck

• GirlTalker
The Laptop Thread
« on: March 06, 2008, 05:53:29 pm »
Has anyone ever brought his/her laptop recently on a plane? Philippine Airlines, specifically. Flight to the United States. How was the experience? Was it a hassle? Are they strict? When they inspect your things, do you have to turn on the laptop and have them check it?

Is the laptop bag considered as the  hand carry bag entitled to one passenger?

Ira_gwen

• GirlTalker
The Laptop Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:56:23 pm »
Laptops,PDAs,cellphones are allowed on planes, it is allowed since alot of people are working while traveling plus the nature of the laptop is not recommended to be checked in (kase hinahagis hagis lang ang baggage di ba)  You just have to turn it off upon take off.
Don't settle for anyone just to have that someone

alexandrea

• I'm in your head and under your skin.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Resistance is futile ... if less than 1 ohm.
The Laptop Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 09:39:34 pm »
Has anyone ever brought his/her laptop recently on a plane? ... Was it a hassle? Are they strict? When they inspect your things, do you have to turn on the laptop and have them check it?

I had to take my laptop out of its bag and put it in a tray. Hassle yung part na yun, hehe.

Sa Frankfurt International Airport, nakalimutan kong alisin yung CD ng files ko from the CD drive ng laptop ko. Hindi tuloy ako pinadaan sa security. They inspected my laptop pa, and I had to wait for about about half an hour, ugh. Buti na lang hindi pirated CD na movie or music yung nandun!

Is the laptop bag considered as the  hand carry bag entitled to one passenger?

It depends on the country you are leaving from. When I went to the UK, I have my own handcarry and laptop bag, magkahiwalay sila. Puwede kasi yun sa Pilipinas. Pero pag-uwi ko from UK, I had to put my laptop and its bag inside my handcarry kasi yun ang law nila (a laptop bag is automatically considered as one handcarry).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 09:42:03 pm by alexandrea »

bugs

• I just love life! Embrace it... breath it... enjoy it!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Certified GT Addict! I just love being a girl!
The Laptop Thread
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:31:06 am »
do they check the softwares and applications installed in the laptop?  as in turn on and check sila?

alexandrea

• I'm in your head and under your skin.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Resistance is futile ... if less than 1 ohm.
The Laptop Thread
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 12:45:52 pm »
^ Usually hindi naman, unless mapagtripan ka nilang i-random check siguro. Yung sakin naman hindi nila tiningnan yung applications ko. They just turned on my laptop to inspect the CD inside. So basicaly hindi naman nila pina-abot kahit sa Windows man lang.  I think they're looking more on hardware, kung may nakatagong hindi maganda dun (as in pwedeng gamiting panggawa ng bomba etc).

teri_28

• GirlTalker
  • I am...I Feel....
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 07:01:52 pm »
san po ba nakakabili ng murang external/internal na dvd writer for my Dell laptop? which brand po ba maganda?.....ms maganda ba [textspeak!] external or [textspeak!] internal?...........thanks po ;D
Light up the Darkness...........

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 09:31:41 pm »
^teri,

mag external ka na lang.
To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. ~ Lao Tzu

Tickeled-Pink

• Im AWESOME and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 10:08:41 am »
Im planning to get a Compaq C767TU.. Free DOS lang ang kasama nito.

If I'm going to install Windows Vista (may licensed copy ako) is it as simple as loading the CD into the laptop? or are there some other software/drivers I need to get?

In short, how do you install an OS on a no OS laptop?  :-\

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 10:51:31 pm »
^tickeled-pink

usually when you say free dos lang ang installed dun sa system it comes with a cd containing drivers (xp and vista) of your laptop. so if you have a licensed vista, you shouldnt worry bout it.

installing is as simple as loading your cd during boot up, follow the installation procedure, then after the installation load your driver cd and install the drivers manually.
To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. ~ Lao Tzu

Tickeled-Pink

• Im AWESOME and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 08:20:36 am »
^ thanks P3t3r! akala ko mahihirapan ako eh. hehe!

miss understood

• Pasaway Ab Initio
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 04:32:54 pm »
okay ba ang acer 2920? konti lang kasi ang reviews. Testimonials please. TIA.
An act of dishonesty is a lie to one's own soul. Before you begin on the journey of revenge, dig two graves.

jengwa

• Praning na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 01:41:18 pm »
my laptop's DVD Rom can't read DVDs :(

what could be the main reason? kahit original na DVD ayaw i-read e. sira na ba yun? or does it need cleaning lang?
No breaking of excursion.
(Walang basagan ng trip.)

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 08:35:48 pm »
^jengwa

go to device manager, remove/uninstall your dvd drive then restart your machine. or baka kailangan linisan mo yung lens ng drive mo.

miss understood

• Pasaway Ab Initio
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 11:04:19 am »
Ang sabi kasi walang HDMI port ang Acer 2920, pwede bang masolusyonan ito? don't know about it, pwede bang palagyan, or what?

Need info asap. thanks in advance.
An act of dishonesty is a lie to one's own soul. Before you begin on the journey of revenge, dig two graves.

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 02:14:56 pm »
^miss understood

why would you need an HDMI port in the first place? do you really require one? will you be using the port regularly? besides you can always buy a PCMCIA or a USB HDMI port anytime

jengwa

• Praning na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 02:16:42 pm »
^thanks bro. will see what happens when i try that. :)

miss understood

• Pasaway Ab Initio
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 12:03:02 pm »
^^ Ganon ba? thanks for this information.

Ang isa pa palng problem with Acer 2920z ay kulang yung mga drivers niya, as discussed here: http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=131961

Im not a techie person, paano ko kaya maiinstall yung mga programs/softwares ng walang kahirap-hirap?

I found this: http://www.fullreleases.com/NewMembers/download-serial-crack-Driver-Acer-2920z.php?search=Driver+Acer+2920z

Pero, unsaon man nako ni? (What will I do with this?).  :)

Thanks in advance sa magtuturo. Sana may magbigay ng idiot's guide.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 12:22:03 pm by miss understood »

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 11:37:21 pm »
miss understood

go to acers website and download the missing drivers there.

tip: check the other regions for a few drivers and updates

miss understood

• Pasaway Ab Initio
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 02:09:38 pm »
Sa mga gusto ng size ng EEE PC but nadidiscouraged sa RAM nito, may bago na, but not from Asus:

Coming from a Philippine company (Yay!), the Deep Blue H1, which from its looks and specs seems like a hybrid of the Cloudbook and Eee PC. The Deep Blue H1 retails for around $405 and boasts of the following features:

* VIA Esther 1.0Ghz - di ko alam kung pwedeng palitan kasi pangit ang Esther
    * 1 GB DDR
    * 7.0-inch TFT display
    * 40GB mobile HD
    * built-in speakers
    * USB 2.0
    * Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
    * 1.20 kg
    * card reader
    * webcam
    * touchpad
    * and the most exciting feature of all –> 4.5 hours of battery life!

jengwa

• Praning na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 03:56:11 pm »
^jengwa

go to device manager, remove/uninstall your dvd drive then restart your machine. or baka kailangan linisan mo yung lens ng drive mo.

i tried both of your suggestions bro. wala talaga. i got a cleaner, pero ayaw pa din gumana. you think i have to bring this in for repair?

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close