Author Topic: The Laptop Thread  (Read 100587 times)

crazychick

Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2008, 06:42:15 pm »
anong magandang laptop to purchase? yung hindi kasing mahal ng macbook pro :) sa states ko ipapabili mga $1200?

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 08:49:28 pm »
^crazychick

i think its a matter of preference ;) if you're willing to go mac, a macbook is ok. kung gusto mo naman windows based halos pare-pareho yan depende lang sa specs na hinahanap mo and of course sa budget.
To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. ~ Lao Tzu

crazychick

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 08:04:07 pm »
^are these specs okay?

windows vista home premium (64-bit)
intel core2 duo processor t5550 (1.83 ghz)
4.1” diagonal wxga high-def hp brightview widescreen display
Memory: 3gb ddr2 system memory
128mb nvidia geforce 8400m gs
hp imprint finish (verve) + webcam+ microphone
Networking: intel pro/wireless 3945abg network connection
Hard drive: 160gb 5400 rpm sata hard drive
Free upgrade to lightscribe supermulti 8x dvd+/-rw with double layer support
6 cell lithium ion battery
Microsoft office home and student 2007

atsaka what's the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit vista and how do i know how long the battery life's gonna be? :) sorry ang daming tanong :)

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2008, 11:43:14 am »
^^crazychick, ok na yan. the 64-bit has increased security. cons: i'm not sure if most have drivers for 64-bit platforms. isali na natin ang applications na pwedeng mainstall sa vista 64-bit.

as for battery life, i only have 4-cells but it lasts up to 2 hours 30 min. kung naka-powersaving mode. pero 12.1in ang lappie ko sa that may be a factor also?

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2008, 11:44:50 pm »
^^^crazychick

are you sure your vista is 64-bit? kasi yung processor mo 32-bit lang eh. the difference between 32 and 64 bit is the architecture of the processor. you can squeeze a lot out of a 64 bit as compared to 32. a 32-bit vista would run on 32 bit and 64-bit processor while 64-bit version of vista would run only on 64-bit processor. i agree with pink that if you run a 64-bit OS, you need all your apps 64 bit din.
To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. ~ Lao Tzu

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2008, 10:00:55 am »
^C2D naman yung processor niya so pupwede ang 64-bit OS kasi 64-bit capable na ito. yung core duo ang 32-bit lang. may mga bagong dual-core pala na 64-bit na rin.

bad_boy

• Super GirlTalker
    • blog thing
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2008, 08:43:40 pm »
umm, can someone give me a hand? i'm looking for a windows laptop that can be used to run autoCAD. i passed by a brick-and-mortar store kanina, and they said:

Toshiba Satellite M200-E434 (C2D, 2.0GHz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM, Intel GMA X3100)

or

Toshiba Satellite M200-P430 (C2D, 1.8GHz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM, ATI Radeon X2400 128MB)

or

Toshiba Satellite M200-P436 (C2D, 2.4GHz, 1Gb DDR2 RAM, ATI Radeon X2400 128MB)

the first one is the least expensive. integrated graphics, but kaya daw. anyone have any ideas? any autoCAD users on GT?  :)
writing is a dog's life, but the only life worth living- Flaubert

The Old Mod Team- Better Than Sliced Bread!

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2008, 12:38:09 am »
^bad_boy

if you're going to do extensive graphics, go for satellite pro A200 it has a built in 256MB video card and 4GB of RAM. price is roughly 50K pesos in dubai.

strawberrybaby ^_^

• an excited soon-to-be-mommy
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2008, 02:51:15 am »
@pink - sis andito nako sa tamang thread. ;) yun palang sinasabi ko is yung 'cooler pad' hindi cooling fans.;p Kasi baka this friday nako bibili gusto ko sana yun complete na lahat ng kailangan para maisama ko na sa list ko yung cooler pad kung yun yung solution. Tnx.

Techies, ask ko lang ulit if using a cooler pad will do the trick para sa heat issues ng laptop? Kasi parang nabasa ko diko sure saang thread na yun ngang AMD ang processor madaling uminit so ang ginagamit ng iba is [textspeak!] cooler pad nga. Tama ba? Sorry talagang di ako techie, gusto ko lang ng laptop na hindi sana sakit sa ulo.Ü TIA.
“Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” - Lin Yutang

crazychick

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2008, 03:39:58 pm »
p3t3r, nakita ko lang kasi na may free upgrade to 64-bit kung gusto ko..

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2008, 03:45:54 pm »
^crazychick

personally, i would advice you to get the 32 bit Vista to be on the safer side.

countess

• knows the science of deduction and
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2008, 02:48:15 pm »
I've got problem with my thinkpad or touchpad ba yun? ??? Anyway, di ko macontrol kapag ginagalaw ko, usu. di gumagana. Pwede paba mapaayos yung sa HP center since cover pa naman ng warranty?
I rant, Therefore I am.

*very*pretty*in*blue*

• A shopaholic, chocoholic, boxer and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Shopping is a sport!!
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2008, 03:13:02 pm »
I have an ASUS thats around 4 years old na. The power supply is so big, is it possible for me to buy a smaller one? Compatible ba lahat ng ASUS power supplies?
<Signature removed by Admin. No advertising please.>

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2008, 11:18:33 pm »
^^countess

baka meron interference (internally or externally) near your touchpad. better have it checked.

^*very*pretty*in*blu

you can replace your power supply with a Targus laptop adaptor. Visit their website so that you can get the precise model you need. No, not all ASUS power supply has the same connector.

spicy_angel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2008, 09:19:27 am »
Hi, I'm having problems with my laptop again. My machine is a Lenovo T61.

The trackpoint and the touchpad is not working after startting up. However, external usb mouse would be working fine. The touchpad is clean by the way, since when I first encountered this problem I made sure that it was clean to rule out the possibility of it being the reason for the malfunction. Oddly, the usb mouse that I use is working just fine.

This problem would alternate with a problem in the laptop's keyboard. After starting up the laptop, its keyboard will not function. No matter what keys I press. This has been happening since 2 weeks ago and has persisted every time I start up my laptop.

These problems however, are solved once I restart the system. I know that this should not be the case.I once again referred my laptop problem to our IT department at the office, and the arrogant IT guy  said behind my back that the problem is not the machine but the user. In others words, sent the unit back to me and told me to just restart the laptop every time I encounter the problem.  Its really irritating and frustrating since I know that something is totally wrong with my unit.  Help please since I don't know where to turn to next.  TIA.

LeStSkY

• Sexy MOM, Sexy WIFE & a SEXY
  • Super GirlTalker
  • loves to travel
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2008, 09:46:25 am »
^try mo nalang sis ireformat.. baka yun ang solution.. kasi bumabalik naman diba, kaso paulit ulit nagloloko..
♥ To avoid something does not necessarily mean that you hate it; It could mean that you want it but you just know that it isn't right. ♥

spicy_angel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2008, 10:17:38 am »
^Thanks sis pero kakareformat ko din lang. Kasi yun software for my camera, nag try ako to install kaso kahit madetect man lang yun camera ayaw kaya, nagreformat ako. Gumana naman na. Ewan lang bat nagkakaganito laptop ko. Pero sige, try kong i-reformat laptop ko uli for the nth time.

LeStSkY

• Sexy MOM, Sexy WIFE & a SEXY
  • Super GirlTalker
  • loves to travel
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2008, 10:20:07 am »
^ah ganun ba.. pagnareformat mo at ganun parin.. baka may mas deaper na problem na.. try mo nalang for the last time.. sana maging ok na
♥ To avoid something does not necessarily mean that you hate it; It could mean that you want it but you just know that it isn't right. ♥

spicy_angel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2008, 10:36:31 am »
^sige sis, will do. Sana lang this time wala nang problem uli. Irritating lang kasi may iba akong softwares (AutoCad, etc.)  nakainstall din. Medyo malalaki yun files ko dun kaya mahirap pag nagrereformat. Anyways, thanks uli. Sana ok na nga siya after kong mareformat uli. Otherwise, I'll have our executive assistant return the unit on Tuesday.

countess

• knows the science of deduction and
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2008, 10:59:04 am »
^^countess

baka meron interference (internally or externally) near your touchpad. better have it checked.
Do I have to bring it to service center? Or check it by myself nalang?
I rant, Therefore I am.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close