Author Topic: The Laptop Thread  (Read 100592 times)

p3t3r

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • WYSIWYG
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 12:58:47 am »
^jengwa

dalhin mo sa authorized service center pa assess mo muna kung ano problema.
To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. ~ Lao Tzu

jengwa

• Praning na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 09:31:26 am »
^got it. thanks :)
No breaking of excursion.
(Walang basagan ng trip.)

anetski

• Always on safe mode...with networking.
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Impaired and Dysfunctional
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 12:53:46 pm »
^jengwa

if you already uninstalled/reinstalled the optical drive but still the drive wont read, try removing its filters. here are the steps:

Click Run on the start menu and type regedit. click OK
On the Registry:
click the arrow beside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to expand the folder
expand SYSTEM
expand CURRENT CONTROL SET
expand CONTROL
expand CLASS
click the entry  {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
in the right-hand column, look for Upper Filters and Lower Filters. should you find any, delete those entries(right-click the entry and click Delete).

close the registry and reboot the system.

NOTE: Editing the registry is a delicate procedure. Make sure to backup your registry and/or create a restore point BEFORE making changes.
Feigning ignorance is bliss.

jengwa

• Praning na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 01:15:03 pm »
^salamat sis. sana gumana na. nakaka-stress hehe :D
No breaking of excursion.
(Walang basagan ng trip.)

spicy_angel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 07:07:53 pm »
Hi, I have a Lenovo T61. Pag nagboo boot up siya  nag fliflicker yun screen. Ikinunsult ko yun problem na ito sa IT dept ng office namin. Sabi ng mga IT guys, normal lang daw yun. Weird, kasi ang alam ko dapt hinde naman ganun. But since mas may alam sila sa computers compared sa akin, I took their word for it.

Ngayon naman yun laptop ko ayaw mag turn off properly. I have to do it manually. So again, I consultd the IT Peeps. Ang sagot sa kin ganun daw configuration ng laptop ko. Dapat daw manual na iturn off. Ganun ba talaga yun?

BTW, my laptop runs on Windows XP. Sa desktop, ko naka XP rin, kasi never kong naencounter yun ganitong scenario. TIA.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 07:11:51 pm by spicy_angel »

anetski

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 01:59:46 pm »
spicy_angel:

your IT guys gave you incorrect information. if a system(be it a desktop pr laptop) wont shut down via windows(or the OS's normal shutdown process), there's something wrong with it. its not normal behavior for a system not to shutdown through the OS. same thing with the flickering of the screen. now, at what point during the boot process does the screen flicker? does it occur before the windows logo(POST process), on the windows logo itself, or after the windows logo? if it flickers PRIOR to the windows logo, it could be caused by a HW problem(pwedeng video card, LCD, etc). if it flickers on the windows logo and after it, means mas malamang na software issue(pwedeng OS mismo, video driver, or even, pwedeng malware infection).

now, when u try to shutdown via windows, do u get pop-ups or error messages on the screen while the system is shutting down? if you do, please post the messages here. if there's none, do tell what's on the screen when it freezes(like, windows is shutting down, logging off windows, etc.)

kindly post the details im requesting so we can help you out. information is important, as it will aid the technician in determining the root cause of the issue. if we're able to eliminate all possible points of failures, we can definitely arrive to a resolution that will permanently fix the problem the problem you're having.

spicy_angel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 08:31:26 pm »
sis anetski,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The flickering of the screen happens after the windows logo. It is very brief so it's easy to miss. Just that I boot my computer every now and then, so I took noticed. At first, I dismissed it hoping that it won't happen again. Unfortunately, every time I boot my computer the same thing happens.

There are actually no pop-up or error messages that appear on my screen. It's just as if I did not click the turn off button. Parang feeling ko iniignore lang ako ng laptop ko. Parang wala lang, dedma laptop ko sa command ko. No matter how many times, I click the turn off button, the laptop won't just respond. I even go to windows task manager to turn it off but to no effect. So I have to resort to manually turning off my laptop.

I got my laptop barely 2 months ago. If ever, I guess I can have it replaced. But I'm hoping that I can avoid the hassle of going through the replacement thing since I work out of town most of the time.

I hope this helps. Thanks so much.

anetski

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 06:07:51 am »
spicy_angel:

most probably, there are processes running in the background that prevents your laptop from shutting down through the OS. let's start the elimination process by:

1. Removing all external peripherals connected to the system(including the AC adapter)

2. Disabling unnecessary programs from running on startup:
    >Bring up the Start menu and click Run. On the Run window, type msconfig, press Ok.
    >On the System Configuration Utility screen, click the Startup tab. Click Disable All and click Apply and Ok/Close. When prompted to restart the system, click Restart.
    ----at this point, take note whether the system shuts down and restarts on its own--
     >When the message "You have used the System Configuration Utility, etc" comes up, click Dont show this message again, and click Ok.
     > Now, turn off the system using the Turn Off option on the Start Menu.
    ----let us know if the system turns off or not----

3. Disabling all non-Microsoft services from running on startup:
    >Open the System Configuration Utility again(see #2)
    >Click the Services tab, click Hide all Microsoft services. Make sure this option is checked.
    >Click Disable All, click Apply, click Ok/Close. Restart the system when prompted.

Let us know what happened after performing these steps.

spicy_angel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 08:36:53 pm »
^thanks sis, my laptop is working fine now. I don't know how it happened but apparently there's an xpc program installed in my laptop. The xpc program interfered with my OS causing the flickering of the screen and the log out program. Thanks for all the help.

khulit12

• Wandergurl, nature lover, photo addict
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 02:33:38 am »
advice [textspeak!] sis.. any feedbacks for neo elan 2111? ok ba tong laptop na to? im planing to buy this neo laptop kc.. they said that its designed for intel.. is this true? thanx in advance..
live your life to the fullest as if it's your last. :)

miss understood

• Pasaway Ab Initio
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 07:53:51 am »
i am wondering if someone could help me with my built-in webcam? my unit is acer 4715z (XP). tried suyin, but nagsashutdown na lang syang bigla.
An act of dishonesty is a lie to one's own soul. Before you begin on the journey of revenge, dig two graves.

LeStSkY

• Sexy MOM, Sexy WIFE & a SEXY
  • Super GirlTalker
  • loves to travel
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 08:12:15 am »
how to reformat a laptop, kasi yung recovery cd niya walang windows na kasama=.. thanks :)

mods pakicheck kung tama ang thread ko na ginamit :) thanks
♥ To avoid something does not necessarily mean that you hate it; It could mean that you want it but you just know that it isn't right. ♥

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 09:31:24 am »
^sis, may recovery partition ba ang laptop HDD mo?

LeStSkY

• Super GirlTalker
  • loves to travel
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 11:10:37 am »
^paraang meron.. nakalagay sa cd e.. kasi yung isang laptop na gamit ko before need na talag ireformat para bumilis ulit... hindi naman gumagawa yugn recovery cd, sabi niya mawawala lahat ng files,ilang beses ko na try hindi naman nawala, paano kaya yun ireformat? TIA :)
♥ To avoid something does not necessarily mean that you hate it; It could mean that you want it but you just know that it isn't right. ♥

bubuli

• I am SINGLE because i refuse to change my relationship status for someone who falls short for what i deserve. Knowing my self value, i've chosen to preserve a spot in my heart for someone mature enough to understand that loyalty,commitment,andhonesty
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Girltalk Member since:December 23, 2004
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 09:16:51 pm »
/\
Use command prompt para ma reformat yun hardisk mo or better use bootable CD.
I'm technically single but my heart is taken by someone I can't call my own,: bý (bµbµlî )\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\"; }<br />my $message = \\\\\\\"I LOVE GT  \\\\\\\";<br />for (1..10) {

LeStSkY

• Super GirlTalker
  • loves to travel
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 10:33:17 am »
^paano pumunta sa command prompt? pagon ng laptop? kasi yung cd ng windows na-burn ko hindi siya bootable.. how to make a bootable cd ba? TIA :)

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 11:25:31 am »
^type COMMAND or CMD sa run dialog box.

sis, di ko pa kabisado gumamit ng recovery dvd or partition. kasi kung magkakaproblem ako i'll just use my vista installer eh.

LeStSkY

• Super GirlTalker
  • loves to travel
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 11:29:57 am »
^ok thanks.. kala ko pagnagreformat need nakaoff hehe.. mas sanay kasi ako sa desktop magformat dito no idea kung pano.. salamat sis :)

bubuli

• I am SINGLE because i refuse to change my relationship status for someone who falls short for what i deserve. Knowing my self value, i've chosen to preserve a spot in my heart for someone mature enough to understand that loyalty,commitment,andhonesty
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Girltalk Member since:December 23, 2004
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 08:14:20 pm »
/\
kung wala ka bootable cd you can dowload this site its free http://www.bootdisk.com
http://www.nu2.[textspeak!]/bootcd/
I'm technically single but my heart is taken by someone I can't call my own,: bý (bµbµlî )\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\"; }<br />my $message = \\\\\\\"I LOVE GT  \\\\\\\";<br />for (1..10) {

LeStSkY

• Super GirlTalker
  • loves to travel
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 09:00:41 pm »
^thanks.. naayos ko na gamit din recovery disk, dapat pala iboot priority ang cd-rom, ayun lang then the rest ok na..

salamat sa help niyo sis pink and bubuli :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close