Author Topic: What guys think about dating a woman 5+ years their junior?  (Read 3802 times)

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
What guys think about dating a woman 5+ years their junior?
« on: March 13, 2018, 10:17:50 pm »
This has been something I've been seeing lately: guys in a relationship with women who are 10+ years their junior.

I want to hear your opinion as to why guys fall for younger women.

Does the big age gap a turn off or a big part of the consideration for a guy to date a younger woman?

EDIT:

Due to insistent public demand (HAHA!) I modified my post to reflect 10+ years age gap.

Thank you po sa lahat ng contributions niyo! ^

But I guess mas interested ako in knowing "What goes in a guy's head when he is looking for a partner and meets a woman 10+ his junior? Na-ooff ba si guy like 'masyadong bata'?"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:28:59 am by oshiawase »

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
Re: What guys think about dating a woman 5+ years their junior?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:49:02 pm »
Five years is not really a big gap, is it? This is not really uncommon especially in the Filipino culture. The younger, the better for them.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

lalee888

• Chinay American in The City
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 12:03:21 am »
Five years is not really a big gap, is it? This is not really uncommon especially in the Filipino culture. The younger, the better for them.

I agree with this. It's so common and not a big age gap. I think age gap is just an issue when there's generational, and intrinsically, priority differences. (A 24 yo girl is usually into fashion, clubs, having fun, while a 35 yo man is probably thinking of saving for retirement, future, settling down, etc). So the age gap drives a 'priority gap' in a way. It still works for some, but the odds are not skewed to those.

What would be interesting to know is take on men dating a woman ten years their senior.

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 05:02:25 am »
^That one still puzzles me. I am, btw, is with a guy 10 years younger.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

lalee888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 05:38:14 am »
^That one still puzzles me. I am, btw, is with a guy 10 years younger.

Love it! I'm in the US and this is too common. I'm Pinoy and Proud, but I hate (and that's a strong word) a lot of non-progressive, restrictive, and gender-biased standards in Pinoy culture. Backward, and you really see why we are a third world country. :(

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 07:38:07 am »
 5 years GAP as they said is not big.
But if you talk about 14yo girl with 19yoboys, that?s a big gap.

^ sis, it?s not gender biased but I think most men kasi late mag mature. So a 25yo guy na may 25yo gf parang di match. The guy is still into games pero Si gf nag iisip na ng future nila.

But when it comes to sex, Sabi nila Mas compatible nga women in their 40s with men in their 20s. Sex drive are both high up there!
While men in their 60s are compatible with ladies in their 20s in terms of sex as they tend to take it more slower or less rough.

amethyst028

• Senior GirlTalker
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 08:05:48 am »
Does the big age gap a turn off or a big part of the consideration for a guy to date a younger woman?

Normal na lang yung guys who date younger women. Sa mga college guy friends ko for example lahat sila, 5 out of 5 married women younger than them. 5  to 10years younger. Sa mga close friend kong girls ganun din most of their partners are older may 10years mahigit may as big as 20 plus years age gap.

Mas bihira yung men dating older women dito sa phils. I cannot say for other countries kasi sinasabi uso daw yun ngayon but here sa pinas meron pero hindi common. Siguro kung meron man karamihan 3 to 5years age gap lang. yung mga 10 years up bihira na and dahil siguro mahirap na country tayo maliit sweldo pag mas matanda ang girl laging iniisip sugar mommy yung girl.

lalee888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 08:17:10 am »
I think it's obvious we were talking about adults and young adults here. Not kids in their teens. A 14yo girl and 19yo guy is obviously not the topic -- the topic would say what do you think about pedophile dating?

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 08:33:46 am »
^I remember that actor na 15 dating a 19 year old girl. I would not allow my son to date someone that old when he is 15...LOL!

lalee888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 08:41:04 am »
5 years GAP as they said is not big.
But if you talk about 14yo girl with 19yoboys, that?s a big gap.

^ sis, it?s not gender biased but I think most men kasi late mag mature. So a 25yo guy na may 25yo gf parang di match. The guy is still into games pero Si gf nag iisip na ng future nila.

But when it comes to sex, Sabi nila Mas compatible nga women in their 40s with men in their 20s. Sex drive are both high up there!
While men in their 60s are compatible with ladies in their 20s in terms of sex as they tend to take it more slower or less rough.

I was talking about how the Filipino culture in general has a lot of gender-biased ideologies. Not just in dating but in general. But yeah when. A young guy is dating an older woman it's frowned upon, a young girl dating an older guy -- ok lang? That's biased. Whatever the reasons are (chronological age maturity) it is still biased. Where I live there are no such biases and everyone is free to do what they want as long as no one is getting hurt. The point is there is mutual agreement and consent of two consenting adults.

lalee888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 09:15:16 am »
^sis the OP did not put any age but general question in their original post. We are adults here so I think it's best to treat the conversation maturely and not exaggeratedly. It's obvious nama na 19yo and 14yo is a pedophile case and illegal. So for many reasons don't think it's logical to assume OP was referring to that.

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 10:16:26 am »
^hey chill Lang sis! No need to be too intense. Got ur point. Anyway I don?t assume where the person is coming from but definitely naman by default over 18 naman siguro.  I deleted na the post since out of topic naman. We can argue all day about what you think and I think. But that?s just our own opinions. Peace ✌️ and don?t forget to chill!

Let?s just continue the convo on the age gap 😂
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:21:11 am by Girltalker2 »

dismembered

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Damn you all!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 10:46:25 am »
I was talking about how the Filipino culture in general has a lot of gender-biased ideologies. Not just in dating but in general. But yeah when. A young guy is dating an older woman it's frowned upon, a young girl dating an older guy -- ok lang? That's biased. Whatever the reasons are (chronological age maturity) it is still biased. Where I live there are no such biases and everyone is free to do what they want as long as no one is getting hurt. The point is there is mutual agreement and consent of two consenting adults.

Nobody said here that a young guy dating an older woman is not ok as long as they are both consenting adults. An exemption maybe for some cases like Madam Auring and her BF, or Vicky Bello and Hayden where the age gap can be considered as Mother and Son. But it is not biased. They were frowned upon for some reason. And it applies to men too like Freddie Aguilar and his GF.

For Filipino culture and for some biological reason, Younger girls ang preferred talaga..
"Look, I really don't want to go to hell, but I can't stop my nature. I'm just a hateful person."

lalee888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 10:56:36 am »
Nobody said here that a young guy dating an older woman is not ok as long as they are both consenting adults. An exemption maybe for some cases like Madam Auring and her BF, or Vicky Bello and Hayden where the age gap can be considered as Mother and Son. But it is not biased. They were frowned upon for some reason. And it applies to men too like Freddie Aguilar and his GF.

For Filipino culture and for some biological reason, Younger girls ang preferred talaga..

The "frowned upon" and "younger girls are preferred talaga" points are exactly my point about bias.

Ever heard of unconfirmed bias? Or of silent bias? Two very different things but just prove that it happens. And your points just highlight the unconfirmed bias in filipinos when it comes to gender-based standards :)

lalee888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 10:57:28 am »
^hey chill Lang sis! No need to be too intense. Got ur point. Anyway I don?t assume where the person is coming from but definitely naman by default over 18 naman siguro.  I deleted na the post since out of topic naman. We can argue all day about what you think and I think. But that?s just our own opinions. Peace ✌️ and don?t forget to chill!

Let?s just continue the convo on the age gap 😂

Don't  worry sis I'm chill! :-) was just taken aback by the comment.

But back to the topic. I have a gf who is a model, active in the arts scene, has a music blog, financially stable and she's attractive. This is in the US. She's also half Pinay. Anyway, she's dating a man 23 years older than her. She is very much in love and so is he. We have another friend who's 33 naman and is dating a 28 year old guy. They are also very much in love and happy.

Most progressive folks might agree that age is just a number and maturity is not chronological. A 40 year old (any gender) can be more immature than a 25 year old of any gender. It is not always the norm but especially with just a five year age gap, maturities vary very slightly lang.

So I think age differences are only an issue when the priorities are vastly different.

dismembered

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Damn you all!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 02:06:18 pm »
The "frowned upon" and "younger girls are preferred talaga" points are exactly my point about bias.

Ever heard of unconfirmed bias? Or of silent bias? Two very different things but just prove that it happens. And your points just highlight the unconfirmed bias in filipinos when it comes to gender-based standards :)

I don't know what do you want to imply. But like what I've said. It is preferred for some reasons. Biological, kasi kung gusto mo mataas ang chances magkaanak, you have to be doing that at a younger age. In medieval history, dahil mas maaga naaabot ng girls ang maturity at marrying age, maaga din sila pinagaasawa. Once they get older, mas mahirap ang chances to give birth.

Hindi mo maaalis ang gender based standards lalo na pag biological reasons dahil meron naman talaga differences. But then, I'm saying it applies the other way around din naman sa men.

"Look, I really don't want to go to hell, but I can't stop my nature. I'm just a hateful person."

Apple1230

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 07:31:42 pm »
^i would have to agree with this. I mean it is what it is, he is a guy and he speaks for all men i guess.

We women might not like what he is saying but it is the reality. We can challenge it but men will still go for younger girls lalo na nga kung ang main priority is having kids. Biological kasi iyan.

But it does not mean older women does not stand a chance. What will happen is yung mga magkaka gusto e mas older men. For me advantage nga ito kasi older men are more successful, sophisticated, mas cultured, patient, understanding compared to their younger counterpart na immature pa in most aspects of life.

Also kung ang mentality ng pinoy is they want younger women and hindi ka na young just choose someone na not pinoy. That is what i am doing now. I know my market and i am focusing my energy on that. Life is so much easier and less stressful that way.

lalee888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 09:05:43 pm »
^eh. Actually that was not what I was referring to. Let's separate the biological (physical) and social implications about the topic. What I meant was the social reactions to such. Like I said -- it's the same priorities that bind two people together. If a couple wants to have children that is the same priority hence they can be together.

It's the judgment and reaction of people around, who are not in the relationship, that troubles me at large. Ano bang care natin if an older guy is with a younger girl. Happy Sila. And in reverse a younger guy with an older girl. That was my point.

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 10:07:47 pm »
I understand men wanting to have kids but guys, hindi lang naman mga 20's ang capable of bearing children. Aminin nyo na lang that you like them very young. I remember one time, merong politician that was campaigning sa barrio namin when I was in my 20's. I was 26-27 at that time. I am not sure kung bakit ako nasali sa usapan but he was being teased about finding girls. Biglang ba naman akong tinuro ng kapitbahay namin. He said matrona na raw ako....IN FRONT OF ME! He's probably in his mid 40's. So no, it's not exactly that. Filipino men just want it young and as young as possible.

I am 47, single mom. If I am in the Philippines, the chance of me getting dates is very small. Meron siguro, pero sugar mommy ang labas ko.

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 06:28:32 am »
Due to insistent public demand (HAHA!) I modified my post to reflect 10+ years age gap.

Thank you po sa lahat ng contributions niyo! ^

But I guess mas interested ako in knowing "What goes in a guy's head when he is looking for a partner and meets a woman 10+ his junior? Na-ooff ba si guy like 'masyadong bata'?"

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close