Hi! Been a lurker here since I started my preparation for my Civil Wedding. It was a whirlwind preparation since we only have a limited timeframe.
I wanted to join but I haven't received any activation e-mail from GT until this time. Kaya kahit late, nag-join ako. At least to commend my suppliers. Hehe.
My fiance from Italy proposed to me 2 months ago and he wanted me to go with him to Italy asap. So ayun na nga, we decided to have a simple civil wedding ceremony with just family and some friends. All in all I have around 30+ guests.
Here's my wedding preps journey.
Venue: ACACIA HOTEL ALABANG - 10/10 - I got a grocer deal from net for a 30 pax banquet with 1 room accommodation. This is worth 39,900. But this is only valid for up to end August. So ayun, we grabbed the offer. I got an evening slot. It was last August 19. Though the downside is, we cannot choose the menu. But the good thing is, the food were all good. Masarap, mas masarap pa nga ang cake na dessert nila kesa sa wedding cake ko mismo. Hahaha...
Acacia is easy to deal with. The AE who handle us and the one assigned in the banquet were all accommodating. We upgraded our package na lang to 40 pax and added a separate room for my fiance where my family mother and sister stayed for the night after my wedding.
Photo and Video: JULIUS TOMANDAO - 7.5/10 - Don't get me wrong. Nothing really wrong with their service. I've already got my wedding photos (sooc). The shots are good. I only rated 7.5 since I haven't got the edited photos and the video. Their service on the day is great. They've make an effort kahit Basic Package lang kinuha ko. May free song number pa ako from one of his team. It was an extra mile from them. Hehe.
Wedding Officiant: REV. REY P. MORENO - 10/10 - His expertise are foreign-filipina weddings. I only handed him the requirements and he took care of everything.
Wedding Cake: DETAILED SUGAR CAKES AND MORE - 8/10 -They followed my peg, ok din and design ng cake but the topper... I wasn't told na it was just our initials printed in board paper. Maybe I expect more... Akala ko acrylic or something different na made of plastic coated with gold. Medyo mahal pa naman sya compared sa iba. Maybe because it was delivered to the venue. The taste, so-so. Maybe it's just my preference. Iba-iba naman tayo ng panlasa. Though ganun ang nangyari they are easy to deal with naman.
HMUA: GUILA SALON - 10/10 - I love my look on my wedding day. Mala-Venus Raj daw sabi nila.
FLORIST: A JENNS FLOWER SHOP - 10/10 - They are located sa Muntinlupa Market, near South Station. Initially, we inquired with Clint Carl cause we wanted to have a backdrop aside for my Bridal Bouquet. But something happen and I wasn't able to settle my dp on its deadline. So I have to let go of the backdrop.
My bouquet is OK, as well as the bracelets and buttonaires. Not that grand but it's presentable. Plus the fact na nakamura na ako. I also got from them the couple's table flowers and what they called altar flowers which decorated the stage.
Wedding Coordinator: BELLS AND WISHES - 15/10 - I was glad I saw good reviews for them here. I have known them sa wedding ng friend ko last December. I was one of the guest and apparently got her bouquet. Hihi.
I saw first hand how they handled my friend's wedding. Kaya nung nag-prepare ako for my wedding, I asked my friend who her wedding coordinator was. I know I only had a simple wedding but I have no regrets getting a coordinator since I have no idea on everything about my coming wedding. I don't know where to start, what should I prepare. What was still I needed. In short, I feel lost. Hahaha

.
They were very helpful lalo na si Ms. April. I initially planned of getting also their p/v service, pero mataas ng konti ang qoute nila compared sa nakuha ko. This is my regret, at first actually. Mas ok kasi sana na si Ms. April nalang ang kakausapin ko even after wedding. Palagay na kasi loob ko. But anyway, nakapag-commit na kasi ako sa iba so, I didn't cancelled the team I got. And good thing ok naman din out put nung nakuha ko. But when I saw my BTS photos which was shot by Ms. April's husband. Now I know why mas mahal sila. Worth it naman yung price. Hehe.
So going back to their service. Since I feel lost, I seek help from the experts. We had our meeting and she checked everything I have booked and accompany us during meetings. I only got OTD but she did extra mile like sourcing other suppliers, suggestions para makatipid and mapaganda ang wedding ko.
I initially thought of getting host, lights and sounds too from Ms. April pero when we checked our budget, medyo over na kami. Hindi naman poerke't foreigner mapera na. So she suggest things which we can let go and not. So ang ginawa namin, since the venue has basic sound system, Ms. April volunteered to bring laptop nalang for us to use, and she assigned one of her staff for the sounds. We agreed to get Lights only package since I am planning to have a backdrop. Pero dahil sa naging problem namin with the bank, we have to let go of the backdrop and lights. What Ms. April do is, she suggested to utilize the projector and screen on the venue which is also part of our package, she made us an Animated display for the projector and screen. The venue's screen was built in the middle of the stage, so it serves as our backdrop. Ms. April instructed the waiters where can we sit at the stage para magamit all the way ng ceremony and reception ang projector and screen. Pinapatay lang namin ito during photo-ops and first dance. So hindi boring tingnan yung stage namin and may dagdag lighting from the projector. Another extra mile from Ms. April.
We let go of the host as well, as suggested by Ms. April. Kasi nga we told na simple lang ang gusto namin and wala na din budget. I know she dosen't do hosting but she made sure we still have a simple reception program to make our wedding memorable. She is the overall director of our wedding reception program. We still have our Grand Entrance, which my husband enjoyed the dancing. First dance, cake cutting, and wine toast.
Bells and Wishes did very well on my wedding day. Sobra pa sa binayaran ko ang tasks na ginawa nila on the day. I was really thankful with them.