watch now

Author Topic: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?  (Read 14717 times)

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2018, 04:50:58 am »
^Sis did your stash arrive na? Let me know ano naman experience mo because I'm actually curious how these products work in a warmer climate.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2018, 03:47:40 pm »
^Sis, wala pa din my goodness! Mukang aabutin talaga ng 1 month huhu! I'll let you know ASAP, pero I'll give it a good test muna mga at least 1 month of usage.

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2018, 07:35:59 pm »
^wish I can send you some from here! Oo sis wait a while to feel/see results, sana okay din sya sa warm weather (so I can bring mine sa Pilipinas too)

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2018, 08:44:20 pm »
^Yes, lalo na it's summer here, tho di naman ako pala labas most of the time indoor lang. Excited na nga ako, maski 3 items palang from TO na-order ko. I also can't wait to try Pixi Glow Tonic. How's your skin condition now if I may ask?

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2018, 09:40:24 pm »
^honestly sis, best skin of my life. pimple and blemish free, not dry and not overly oily. I suffered from cystic acne before like days/weeks mag heal and big red nodes under the skin (painful). I had one last week and it went away on its own in 2 days, that's the quickest i've ever seen them go away. But I don't attribute that with one product, it was really trial and error and finding the best ones for myself ha. So talagang try what works for you (including diet/supplements)

I love Deciem products but of all their products I've tried, 3 to 5 products lang yung Holy Grail staples ko. The others i tried were effective too, but i just preferred other brands (application, texture, etc). So preference plays a big part talaga.

Good luck sis i really hope you find the best combination for you, masarap yung feeling na steady routine na yung skincare, one less thing to worry about (replenish na lang) and tipid na sa make-up!

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2018, 09:52:05 pm »
^Wow! So happy for you, I agree with diet and lifestyle changes, I've been breaking out lately sa chin, so Im sure this is hormonal due to sugar, alcohol, and dairy consumption plus puyat hehe. My acne heals in a week naman, or less lalo na when Im using The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil for spot treatment. Kainis lang grabe ako mamula, I mean magwash lang ako face or pawisan sa work out, sobrang pula ko na kaya na-accentuate my flaws/blemishes, maski minor lang. Actually very tricky talaga ang weather/water namin dito sa Middle East, I've had extreme breakouts nung bago lang ako, as in from kutis artista to bulutong levels, thank God manageable na, I just want to take my skincare game up a notch, after several years of trial and error din like you. Oooops OT na haha. Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:06:59 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2018, 10:50:57 pm »
^bulutong levels!  Natawa ako sis! daming terms dito ko lang sa forums nakikita/naririnig. I honestly have zero pinoy interactions because i just moved to a new neighborhood here and before this naman ibang state ako, although dito rin ako nagstart before. I have a friend based sa Dubai and she told me the water quality has effects on her hair and skin so bumili sya ng type of filter (not sure what) that distills the water and installed it on her shower head. nagwork for her and she orders the filter heads online yata. Of course she still had a good skincare regimen that fits her environment also. Yung dad naman nya nakalbo daw because of hot water use daw, but anecdotes sila so not sure if may truth yun. Her dad lived in Dubai for a long time yata. My friend was born there.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2018, 09:31:13 pm »
^haha oo nga pala based ka sa US. Yes it's true, tho di lang ako sobrang affected sa hair kasi as much as possible I try to avoid maligo with hot water sa face and hair.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2018, 04:39:29 pm »
Di pa dumadating yung 1st and 2nd order ko I ordered na naman, available na kasi Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% and Buffet. I HAVE  TO TRY THESE!  ;D

V_for_Victoria

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2018, 10:18:38 am »
I gifted my tita the Hylamide HA Blur and High Efficiency Face Cleaner from the Black Friday kits I got (for the SubQ serums), and she loves them. I don't like the HA Blur that much (she does), but the HEFC is like the Shu Uemura oils.

Re-upped on NIOD NAAP because my skin is dramatically smooth with nightly use, and ordered RE: Pigment for hyperpigmentation spots.

littlekinselle

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2018, 11:32:24 am »
The Ordinary  7% glycolic toner.. mejo stinging sensation when I  used it after a couple of minutes nawala na .  nag lighten ang pimple marks ko sa chin after one week lang. and napansin ko  mas effective siya kumpara kay pixi glow  which is na immune na skin sakanya hehe.. hoping mawala un white heads ko sa side ng nose ko.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2018, 03:32:21 pm »
^will take note of this pagkaubos ng Pixi Glow Tonic ko.  :)

Sis lalee888 dumating na 3rd order ko LOL nauna pa sa 2nd.

This order consists of TO Niacinamide and Buffet, will try it now, and balik ako dito to give my feedback. Buti na din nauna tong 3rd order ko, I'm intrigued since these 2 seems to be their best sellers.

My 2nd order kasi Salicylic Acid, AHA + BHA peeling solution and Hyaluronic parang matatapang masyado isabay sa Pixi Glow Tonic.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:46:06 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2018, 05:02:58 am »
^I've never tried the Buffet so let me know how that works for you and how you use it. Yes I would not combine that combination (acids and pixi glow tonic) unless senisitised na yung skin mo. my skin is sensitised so i don't get redness or reactions, and i've really had my best skin in ages! i also had a little pimple scar on my chin, which has faded gradually since I started using the peeling solution of Deciem.

Ako naman, i've decided Holy Grail status na sakin yung NIOD MMHC https://niod.com/product/multi-molecular-hyaluronic-complex-30ml

although pricey, super easy to absorb and it saves me time, and i can tell my skin absorbs moisture more on days i use it... I'm still hoping to find a cheaper alternative kasi I kind of use it up faster than I do most of my other products :(

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2018, 04:45:23 pm »
^Sis, tried the Niacinamide and Buffet last night and kanina, so far so good. I've got this "glow" hehe even under a matte finished BB cream. The texture is interesting, at first runny tapos naging sticky, and I needed a few minutes to continue with my essence (last night) and moisturizer (kanina). Though upon checking dapat pala mauna Buffet before Niacinamide, oops.  ;D Kaya pala I often read about "piling" and layering issues with TO products. I used Pixi Glow Toner last night, mas nahirapan skin ko iabsorb the products and it developed a white cast pero nag fade din naman, but with the Cosrx AHA+BHA toner kanina, it was better.

Pixi Glow Tonic seems to not work well on my skin if used every night, I've developed a mild rash sa face, very faint lang almost invisible to the eye, lol. I think this is the culprit, Im using it at night for 5 nights, may 1 night lang na rest because Ive used the Aztec Clay Mask, ngayon I will use it every other night and see what happens, as per its result, mukang promising, kung di lang sa textural issues (mild rash) I can pretty much say I love it na agad, we'll see.  :)

Waiting for my Hyaluronic Acid, Salicylic Acid which I'll use as a spot treatment lang at night and the AHA+BHA Solution as my acid peel once a week, I will not use this with the Pixi Glow Tonic.

Sorry if I missed it kung nasabi mo na dito, but what is your feedback on TO Hyaluronic Acid, that's a Deciem product and a loooot cheaper.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:46:15 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2018, 12:16:26 am »
^Hi sis, back to kikay stuff =) It's fun to be kikay pag walang unnecessary stressors or self-inflicted problems (referring to that other thread *wink*)

And of course I am happy to share my knowledge here especially if it helps other women - I would prefer that my posts add some value to others directly or indirectly *wink*

Yes, I've tried TO Hyaluronic Acid - I liked it and I do recommend it. Here are my candid thoughts though: The consistency of TO HA is a bit thicker and serum-y which was not as spreadable in my opinion, so in the end, I used up the product super quickly. So even if it was cheap, I would have had to replenish it more often. It sort of defeated 'best value for money' in my book. For example, I use my SK II essence day and night and even if it is pricey, one bottle lasts me 8-9 months so super sulit, that's how I want to feel about my products kasi, either I super LOVE them that I'm willing to pay a hefty price (even if placebo effect lang), or they are super sulit/ truly effective.

In terms of efficacy of the TO HA, I would see improvement over time (about a week of continued use) in the suppleness of my skin (bouncier). I decided to try the NIOD MMHC recently and having tried both, I prefer the NIOD MMHC because the consistency is water-like, more spreadable, and it saves me time since I just add a drop or two to my moisturizer and then apply it together (reducing one step in my skin care addiction routine). I also see improvement with the NIOD overnight, not a week.

My recommendation, for practicality, okay na yung TO HA. Maarte lang ako and want to reduce effort/steps in my skin care routine, so I personally prefer the NIOD MMHC. But yun nga, in terms of recommendation to others, if you can try both, do so. If not, would recommend the cheaper one kasi effective din naman sya.

How about you sis, would you say the texture of the Buffet is a bit like CosRx Snail Mucin Essence? What's your current routine like and where does it fall in your routine? Do you think it is mixable with another product (to save time/effort sa skin care steps?) Hope you can share sis =)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:18:52 am by lalee888 »

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2018, 03:18:39 pm »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on TO HA, haven't received mine yet kaya wala pa ako masabi.  ;D

So Ive joined an FB page for Deciem and TO Users/Fanatics, you might want to check it out and join na din haha, there's A LOT of knowledgeable skincare geeks there as well as articles, reviews, links whatnot, and I usually lurk to know which products works well and so on for a specific skin type. Below is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/theordinarychatroombybbe/

The Buffet's and Niacinamide's texture is somewhat the same, it was runny at first, easily spreadable but eventually becomes sticky/tacky as the skin absorbs it. I needed some time to let my skin absorb both of the products, before I proceed with my Snail Mucin Essence (at night) and Oil Free Moisturizer in the morning, before I apply my BB Cream, I dont set it with loose powder na, because its matte finish, I try to avoid using a lot of skin make up and my goal is to never have the need to, lest I want it.  :D

One of the Members in the FB Group advised me to pat the products in instead of rubbing because it promotes piling daw. Now, I can say na tricky pala ang layering ng TO. Imagine wala pa akong Hyaluronic Acid. Haha! What more kung sabay sabay ko silang 3 iapply. I might use the Buffet at night and use the Hyaluronic in the morning nalang, tapos use Niacinamide AM and PM pa din, since this is what my skin needs.

I've decided to use the the Salicylic Acid as a spot treatment at night, I'm scared kasi baka masyado na harsh with the Pixi Glow Tonic Toner (used every other night).

The same Member in the FB Group, also suggested to use less products if I experience a piling issue and just work my way through, like I dont have to use an entire 1 drop kung di naman kailangan. To add, yung AHA + BHA Peeling Solution, maski 10 mins ang suggested, try muna around 2-3 mins. Sometimes kasi I get too excited and throw everything to my face haha.

My mild rash, got better BTW. I'm liking the "glow" my skin has now eto pala yung sinasabi ni Gothamista na maski matte finish, this "glow" exudes. I hope my other skin issues improves overtime, too.  :) I don't have super problematic skin naman, but my aim is to have a skin like yours.  ;)

I think it's important to take note that I am always indoor and inside an air conditioned room, kaya Im getting away pa with the tackiness of the TO products, I also reduced the amount of the products as well as my day moisturizer.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:08:31 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2018, 10:06:05 pm »
^Wee thanks sis Rory, what a great find! I'm not a FB person but will go join the group, super useful kasi nga may correct way talaga to use Deciem products.

So happy you're finding improvements in your skin. Yung rash/irritation sa skin mo could also be a reaction to a new product, over time it will be sensitised naman but anyway sounds like your skin is going in the direction you want!

Goal ko din yan sis na super okay skin to the point na no make-up necessary just light make-up lang. I mean i think i'm there na, pero addicted pa rin ako sa skincare gusto ko try mag laser for the face but my dermatologist doesn't want me to (she doesn't think i need it) but I'll try some type of facial laser anyway when we go to the Philippines, di ko lang alam which. Kikay goals hehe

Keep us posted about the buffet sis, it has a lot of great reviews and i'm trying to figure out how i can incorporate it into my routine!

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2018, 01:32:26 pm »
lalee888 you've mentioned na game changer talaga the Vitamin C Serum that you've used, tama ba? I mean you told us here na that really helped your skin, did you experience purging when you incorporated it in your skincare regimen? I think I need it (NA NAMAN LOL  ;D).

Update: Not sure if Im purging, or reaction to the products (Pixi, Niacinamide and Buffet), or due to (junk) foods hehe but I have new "friends" in my face now, yung rashes getting better, thank goodness. Not sure pa din kung yung rash is because of the Pixi Glow Tonic or the Aztec Clay Mask, I always turn RED and develop a rash after usage.

Nagrereklamo na ata skin ko, time out daw muna haha, buti nalang di sabay dumating agad, or else haha!  ;D

Wala pa din orders ko na The Ordinary AHA + BHA Peel, Salicylic Solution and Hyaluronic Acid from Cloud10beauty OL Shop, they gave me a refund as their way of apology since mag 1 month na sa 12th May and di pa din dumadating. I hope I receive them soon, I need the Salicylic Solution, Ive heard it works wonders as a spot treatment. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:35:25 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

lalee888

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2018, 11:52:51 pm »
^sis yes yung vitamin C na game changer for me is Drunk Elephant C-Firma.. Others i've tried and love are: SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic  (cult favorite in the US) and The Ordinary Azelaic Acid which also gave me a "glowing/brightening" effect. I recommend those other two as well. For Vitamin C, what I've read/know is that it's pretty much considered a core regimen regardless of skin concerns. Just as everyone needs to wash their face, everyone should also apply it as the effect is the same for all people.

Acids naman are need-based. Sis if you are purging, turning red and getting rashes, maybe you can try to introduce each to your regimen slowly? My derma told me when introducing a strong product to my face, i should try it incrementally. Like twice a week, then increase it from there. Also there should be a gap between the products like don't use an acid, then another strong acid right after. When she gave me sulfur face wash, she actually told me wash my face and tone, when i get home, but put on acids right before i sleep (4 hour time gap). Now that my skin is sensitised to it, I can actually use the products consecutively without a gap. I have robotic routine na but honestly happy nako sa skin condition ko now, parang miracle sya for me (i used to suffer from cystic acne kasi)

Yung Nia and Buffet, I think should not cause you skin reactions unless talagang sensitive skin mo. But yes, i can imagine the Pixi glow tonic and the Aztec clay can cause you skin irritation. I used to do that once a week a few years go... then i switched to Bentonite Clay which I loved too, then now I only use Glam Glow  since i get them free from Sephora usually... i don't need to do clay masks anymore since the DE Baby Sukari and the TO AHA/BHA masks are more than enough and are less messy. Tapos sheet masks to calm my skin from all the acids I use.

Grabe noh ang daming ek-ek for skin care... but it works and makes us happy so go lang! Have you tried joining the SkinCareAddiction sub on Reddit? Super enjoy ako magbasa dun and makita before/after photos ng mga skincareaddicts like us!

Also sis if you are acne prone (cystic or not) make sure your BB cream indicates "non-comedogenic"


littlekinselle

  • Guest
Re: Deciem, anybody heard of these products yet?
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2018, 10:48:49 am »
any reco? i dont have pimples, but meko open pores ko sa cheeks. ano ba maganda na serum dito?  dont like sticky serum sana. gusto ko din maging hydrated look siya. yun goal ko no make up look haha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close