Author Topic: 2017 Brides - Part 4  (Read 40429 times)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 01:09:26 pm »
Oo naman it is not necessary for the couple to shoulder the HMU of their entourage kasi most likely pag kinuha mo naman na abay super close mo yung tao kaya di yun magiging issue. :) Halos lahat ng wedding na nag abay ako, ako mismo yung gumastos for my HMU. :) Nagkataon lang nung wedding ko na gusto ko kasi na maging isa sa mga gifts ko yun sa kanila that's why I paid for it. :)

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 02:06:42 pm »
^Same here sis. We shouldered their gowns and they will shoulder their HMU expense. I have 7 ladies, 6 of them are included as additional headcounts sa HMUA ko. Yung isa kasi, magpapamakeup daw sa labas.

Nung nag-abay ako sa pinsan ko, ganun din. They provided the gown and we paid for our own HMU expense.

Guada_FN

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2017, 02:32:12 pm »
Great news ladies! Topshop is now selling Wedding dresses! More info here: http://www.femalenetwork.com/bridalbook/topshop-now-selling-wedding-dresses-a00020-20170131

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 02:50:47 pm »
^Sis kobekitten hindi naman necessary na ishoulder ng couple ang HMUA ng bridesmaids sis. I'm sure your girls will understand naman. For me kasi sagot nila yung gowns nila kaya ako na sa make up nila.

Sis  exquisitegem nakaka-excite naman fitting kna! This is it sis!

Ako measurement taking palang next week and happy with sis lots-o's review of Mel! YAY! Can't wait for my gown!

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 04:59:26 pm »
^malapit pala sa office namin yung Shop ni Mel Orlina dito sa Makati. hehe Goodluck din sis MS_JanDel!

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2017, 11:53:31 pm »
We had our supplier meeting last weekend. So far, so good naman.

I just wanted to share my wedding cord. I found a cord I like but it was expensive -- 4k for the cord. So I decided to just buy the materials at Wellmanson's and make one myself. Eto ang result...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gzbkyon5c186ml/Photo%2031-1-17%2C%2011%2036%2000%20pm.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5cd3heoivpkm66/Photo%2031-1-17%2C%2011%2036%2025%20pm.jpg?dl=0

Cost is under P500 including pamasahe. Madali lang gawin but time consuming trying to figure out yung right interval.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:56:31 am by LilaFowler »

Ziyi

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2017, 07:13:12 am »
^Ang p2retty sis! Ang galing mo naman pwede mo rin yan pagkakitaan if ever hehe. 😊 I bought mine naman from Beadybeadz.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2017, 01:36:31 pm »
@kobekitten: Nope, you're not expected to pay for their hair and makeup. I've been a bridesmaid a few times, and never had this done for free, even for big budget weddings (though I like to do it myself anyway).
We are giving our entourage their gowns plus a gift (instead of the usual angpao). My entourage will pay for their own hmua, so they can go to whomever they're comfortable with :)


For those whose entourage isn't getting ready with them (only coming to the hotel for photos) -- are you still giving prep robes? Or is that pointless to have them come, and change into the robes just for photos? haha.

kobekitten

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2017, 01:44:23 pm »
^okay, girls. thanks for the input. it's good to know that I'm not really expected to shoulder the HMUA costs for the ento :)

stella091817 i intend to ask the ento to come early to the hotel for the photos, including photos in robes which I'm giving to them as gifts

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2017, 02:06:27 pm »
^where did you get your robes? :) I'm still deciding if I'll buy  robes for them.. It looks so nice in photos! but I don't want to spend too much (for 5 girls).

Ziyi

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2017, 03:39:59 pm »
Sis stella021817 for the robes, we went to Divisoria and bought the materials and I'll have them made sa dress shop ni Mom. Nagprint lang ako ng design and pegs na gagayahan ng mga mananahi.

I'm excited about getting our wedding rings later from Odysseus Suarez. Hopefully sakto ang sukat and maganda ang engraving para mauwi na namin.  :)

kobekitten

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2017, 04:24:35 pm »
^ stella021817 wala pa. but i've seen plain satin robes online selling for only 500-700 php. :) I'm providing for 7 girls (bridesmaids+secondary sponsors) so I'll get the cheapest I can find. haha

^ Ziyi  how much ang charge sayo ng mananahi per robe?

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2017, 05:10:21 pm »
^malapit pala sa office namin yung Shop ni Mel Orlina dito sa Makati. hehe Goodluck din sis MS_JanDel!

Talaga sis? Nasa my Rufino ka? heheh. Ang ganda ng shop niyang bago, nung napadaan ako bigla ako naexcite hahahaha


BTW I'm having this thought na parang hindi pala cohesive yung color choices ko for entou dresses!! Pero wala na din ako choice kasi nabili ko na yung fabrics. Motif ko is pink, gray and accent ng blue.

Ninang - dark gray
bmaids - pink top, blue and pink floral for skirt
flower girls - light gray
Mothers -???

Ano kaya pwedeng kulay ng mothers mga sis?? Pwede bang old rose + accent ng dusty blue? bagay kaya? Grabe hindi ko to naisip, kung how it will look on photos.

thatchmenot

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2017, 07:55:39 pm »
Ngayon ang meron na is:
Church
Reception Venue
Coordinator
Videographer
Photographer
Host
Band
Photobooths
Wedding Gown
Gown for entou
Groom suit
Groom'smen suits
Event Stylist/florist

Kulang ko:
Invitation
Lights and sounds
Crew Meals

Ewan ko kong ano pa ang kulang 😔😔😔

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2017, 07:05:51 am »
^ sis parang ok ang navy or dusty blue for Mothers sa palette mo. :)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2017, 09:19:58 am »
Ms_JanDel,

I read this is BrideandBreakfast and I was also told by my designer, hindi daw kasama sa entourage ang parents so they don't need to be part of the motif. For mothers, they actually suggest colors that will make them stand out as a way of expressing gratitude and respect. My motif is navy blue and champagne gold but it will be deep red/maroon for mothers.

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2017, 09:43:56 am »
^Thank you sis Rowan! I didn't know that. My mom wants to wear gray per sabi ko magiging kakulay siya ng ninang. Pag champagne naman magiging magkakulay kami kasi ligt champagne ang gown ko.

^Sis kdramaholic okay nga yung navy blue, magstand out din sila sa color na yun. Thank you so much sis!!


kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2017, 03:33:36 pm »
You're welcome, sis! Excited na ako para sayo!! :D

palepink

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2017, 09:37:51 pm »
Goodluck mga sis sa mga malapit na grumaduate! Nagstop muna ako sa preps 10 months to go pa naman. :) Nagtry din pala ako gumawa ng tutu dress for flower girls, nag enjoy ako kakalagay ng mga artificial flowers! 😁

mrs_kitti

  • Guest
Re: 2017 Brides - Part 4
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2017, 05:50:23 pm »
Hello, 2017 brides! Just had my wedding last Dec 2016 and I thought of sharing my wedding suppliers. If you have any questions, pls feel free to message me and I'd gladly help.

Recommended Suppliers
Coordinator: Weddings by Tie the Knot
Photo: GJ Esguerra Photography
Video: Hello & Co. Cinema
Gown: Paolo Blanco
HMUA: Rachelle Olar
Caterer/Styling: XOC of Pampanga

NOT Recommended
Entourage gowns: Paul Van Luan (name in FB) of Paul Manuel Couture
Invites: Print & Co.
(These are super stressful suppliers, I swear. I cried blood because of them, esp. on the gowns of my entourage. Please pm me if you need more details.)

Happy planning, brides! 😘


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close