Hello,
February 2018 bride here. Nag ocular kami today ng h2b ko in Tagaytay for our venue. Ang hirap maghanap ng spacious and magandang venue for a reasonable price! So far eto mga napuntahan namin today:
-Narra Hill: I'll be honest. I will never recommend this place for a wedding. Sobrang hirap puntahan nakakatakot. Naka SUV na kami sobrang tarik at lubak pa rin, kawawa ang mga guests na pupunta if ever.
-The Lake Hotel: nice view of the volcano, naliliitan kami sa garden (Christian wedding kasi kami so we prefer a bigger garden for the ceremony). Packages start at 200k for 100 pax including food.
-Mahogany Place Tagaytay: it's nice. Not "wow" nice but I like how the venue has a high ceiling. Venue rental is beyond our budget though, nasa 140k yung garden + big hall rental. Food not included.
-Aquila Crystal Palace: This is one of my biggest disappointments. I was excited to see the place kasi ang ganda in photos but in real life it's really small. And I find the packages to be too expensive for such a small venue. The "palace" looks big in photos but maliit lang talaga sya in real life. Packages start at 295k for 100 pax pero marami na siyang inclusions like food, etc.
-Villa Ibarra: I love how they can open the glass walls of the venue for a better view of Taal. They also have reasonably priced packages, starting at 129k for the food plus 60k for the venue. If you want a good view of Taal and space is not a big issue for you, I think this is a good deal already. We will be having a food tasting event with them this November 12.
-Bali Village Hotel: I almost forgot that we went to this place for an ocular until i checked my notepad again. I wasn't impressed. Maybe hindi lang ako mahilig sa Bali inspired architecture, and medyo masikip din sya for me (I really prefer gardens and/or farms).
-The Veranda at Bella Rosa Farm: THIS IS IT. That's what we both felt ni H2B when we went here. This was featured in Bride and Breakfast so we tried to go here before umuwi. Ito na yung last na tiningnan namin and we were really satisfied with what we saw. It looks so laidback, there's ample space, and it seems perfect for rustic weddings. The guy who assisted us was also really nice. I really liked that they have a greenhouse din which we can use for photo ops and ang ganda ng bridal suites nila. Overnight stay is also reasonable. The AE said that mag eexpand pa sila next year so gaganda pa lalo yung lugar but I already love it. Pasok din sya sa current budget namin for the venue (75k to 110k na yung maximum investment if ever and they only do one event per day).
The only catch is that they do not allow outside stylists. Sila mismo will provide the events styling and the flowers because they also own a company that supplies the flowers for the wedding. I am okay with it because I loved the photos in their website naman and I'm not very particular about styling basta maganda na yung venue on its own. Feeling ko kasi minsan hindi worth it to spend 100k on styling lang for a wedding. We'd rather spend it on more food booths or P&V na lang ni H2B.
Now I need some help mga sis. I just want to know if Passion Cooks can be flexible sa pricing nila ng per person sa catering? We dont need their styling naman eh just the food. We really want to get them as our caterer because of positive feedbacks saka accredited sila ng Veranda but parang di kaya ng budget.