watch now

Author Topic: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)  (Read 95181 times)

projectgora

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2017, 01:52:26 pm »
Rant:

Aloe vera gel (any brand) - Ang lagkit-lagkit sa pakiramdam. Paano naging soothing?

Wahaha pareho tayo sis! I've tried the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing, pero hindi ko talaga sya ma appreciate that's why I gave it away. Parang ang bigat nya kasi at hindi madaling ma absorb. O mali lang ako ng gamit? haha.

ayami

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2017, 02:23:33 pm »
Rave: Human Heart Nature Acne Defense Facial wash
Ang bango! Tapos sarap sa face hehe lalo ngayon mainit :D

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2017, 09:44:44 pm »
Rant: Olay Total Effects 7 in One Day Cream. I needed something heavier than my gel-type moisturizer for a winter trip and this is what I got. I hardly ever get zits but this one gave me two huge pimples on my left cheek that still have dark marks one month later. >:( I'm now using it as a very expensive hand lotion.

prettyellowish

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2017, 12:39:34 pm »
RAVE: Droplets of Nature rejuvenating set :) I used it on my underarms! Yes, sa underarm po talaga, di kase kaya ng face ko so try ko sa UA ko, nagulat ako pumuti talaga! dami ko na natry na kung ano anong peeling sa UA eto lang pala makakaputi sa UA ko :D

nettiebelle

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2017, 10:48:05 am »
Rant: iWhite Nose Pack. Hindi effective.  :P

ficklemind

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2017, 11:24:59 am »
^ agree, kakatry ko lang kagabi, palpak, hinde ko nga matanggal eh!

Jade_D

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2017, 11:31:42 am »
^^ Agree mga sis.

iWhite nosepack
-Una may sting sya pag inaapply kaya naisip ko baka matapang pero tinuloy ko lang. Tapos pagalis ko nadala din yung konting skin sa may corner ng mouth ko. Yes, dapat iwasan yung part na yun, pero konti lang naman yung napalagay dun na cream, manipis lang.

Please do not use it if gumagamit kayo ng actives!

Hindi rin nadadala whiteheads at blackheads.

DeathToMondays

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2017, 11:50:19 am »
Rant: Olay Total Effects 7 in One Day Cream. I needed something heavier than my gel-type moisturizer for a winter trip and this is what I got. I hardly ever get zits but this one gave me two huge pimples on my left cheek that still have dark marks one month later. >:( I'm now using it as a very expensive hand lotion.

Same here. I bought two bottles because it was on sale, and it didn't work on my skin at all. It had poor absorbency and left my face with an oily film without any visible improvement after a week of use. I ended up giving both to my grandma, who was more than happy to get it off my hands.

mimiku

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2017, 05:13:49 pm »
^I bought pa naman Olay Complete last week. And then I read a couple of posts like these. Natakot ako so I bought again Neutrogena Water Gel. Medyo kasi nagsawa ako sa Neutrogena and wanted to try lang. Sayang. Ibigay ko na lang sa Lola ko.

Super Rave - Garnier Micellar Water!!! Amazing kasi nagfafade yung mga acne hyperpigmentations ko kahit yung medyo matagal na. Surprising kasi I bought it for the purpose of removing my make-up. Tapos napansin ko na laging malambot and moisturized yung face ko. Then surprised ako when I noticed nagfafade naman na acne marks ko. Thumbs up talaga! Hope hindi ako maimmune. Like it very much.


khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2017, 08:34:11 pm »
RAVE:
April Skin Magic Stone - I use this on my body - namely shoulders and back to combat my bacne and it has completely cleared it all up!
Liese Airy Style Water - Helps to calm my frizzy hair in this humid weather.
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ - effective in evening out my skintone and my skin is glowing when I wake up in the morning! I layer this under moisturizer and sleeping mask.

RANT:
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drops - gave me the worst breakout I've had in  more than a year!

DeathToMondays

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2017, 09:42:07 pm »
^I bought pa naman Olay Complete last week. And then I read a couple of posts like these. Natakot ako so I bought again Neutrogena Water Gel. Medyo kasi nagsawa ako sa Neutrogena and wanted to try lang. Sayang. Ibigay ko na lang sa Lola ko.

Seems like Olay works better on caucasian than Asian skin. After that episode, I also returned to Pond's, which has never failed me. Even virgin coconut oil is a better night moisturizer than Olay, at least for me.

Rant: Skin Potions Lip Jam - It comes in a cute package with an equally dainty (but rather stiff) brush applicator. Sadly, the lip stain itself barely stained my lips even with several reapplications, and it faded very easily.

Rave: St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub - Refreshing citrus scent, cleans deeply without drying the skin, rinses easily, and the beads are eco-friendly so they easily biodegrade instead of going into the ocean where marine life can accidentally eat them. My skin looked more glowing after the first use.   

Corinthians

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2017, 09:17:32 pm »
Rant
Cerave Moisturizing Cream in a tub - was looking for moisturizer with ceramides, sadly it clogs my pores which turn into painful zits. Mahal pa naman, good thing I repurposed it as a hand and body moisturizer.

Rave
Skinoren 15% gel - i bid goodbye to my CosRX BHA and AHA. Azelaic acid has done more success in my skin in two weeks than my previous actives tried and failed in 2months. Way less irritating, doesn't caused photosensitivity like AHA and helps in fading my PIH.

relentless

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2017, 05:04:26 pm »
Rave: Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel

I like the consistency, my skin easily absorbs it. True to its claim that it's soothing!! It somehow reduced the redness that I have between my brows. It's a light moisturizer, perfect for those who have oily skin. I'll be purchasing the full size!

I have tried the one from Nature Republic but it stung because of its alcohol content. Whereas, this aloe gel from Benton has no alcohol.

yellowminion

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2017, 12:45:36 pm »
^^where did you buy skinoren gel and how much? how often do you use it? i was thinking of buying this or The Ordinary Azaleic suspension.

^agree with the stingy feeling ng NR aloe vera. Misan tinitiis ko na lang pero most of the times I clean my face pag sobrang hapdi na. I like kasi the cooling effect on my face

so_unpredictable

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2017, 12:29:41 am »
Ilog Maria lip balm.

So minty. and I feel like my lips are so hydrated upon using this especially that I like using liquid lipsticks. My lips doesn't chap anymore and happy to be using local product. :)

P140 available in EchoStore.

Corinthians

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2017, 10:35:15 pm »
^^where did you buy skinoren gel and how much? how often do you use it? i was thinking of buying this or The Ordinary Azaleic suspension.

I ordered mine sa ebay, direct from poland. P1000+ free shipping,  may binayaran lang akong fee when I claimed it sa post office. I used it once a day for two weeks, preferably morning since it absorbs quickly and dries matte. For now, I give it three days rest then add it again in my routine.

I haven't tried The Ordinary, I was thinking of buying one before, but I read some comparison reviews re: azelaic acid sa reddit. And they mostly prefer Finacea or skinoren.

sarsingkit

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2017, 12:48:35 am »
^I have The Ordinary Azeleic Acid for my Rosacea. I haven't finished my tube, maybe finished one-third pa lang, but so far, wala pang improvement. Not even short term. I'll look into skinoren nga.

Plus, The ordinary makes my face itchy but that is common naman daw for Azeleic Acid.

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2017, 02:46:20 pm »
Rave: Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser - natural glow, now a favourite. This is much better for my skin than Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue and Iope Air Cushion.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2017, 03:18:30 pm »
rant:

sleek barekissed illuminator - maybe i expected too much. idk if ganito talaga ang mga liquid illuminator. i bought in the hopes na dupe siya ng becca shimmering skin perfector (cause i just cant shed that much money sa makeup) but it's not just for me. i like to glow for the gods and this is just not doing it for me. but everyone in the blogosphere are all raves about it saying it's a dupe of the becca. pero yun nga, baka ganun talaga ang illuminator.

sima

  • Guest
Re: Rave or Rant about your latest beauty finds (Thread 6)
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2017, 08:12:21 pm »
Happy with my make-up purchases in Yoyoso: water jelly lip and cheek tint, highlighter, and two-way cake

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close