Author Topic: Regrets After wedding  (Read 54240 times)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2016, 04:01:01 pm »
Madami pala talaga ang nagpapalit ng suppliers! :o Waaaaaah! Kakahinayang din ang DP pero shempre dun talaga kayo dapat kung san kayo happy. :D

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2016, 05:02:02 pm »
Thanks mga sis! We booked last 2015 pa, when aerial shots are not yet that ordinary. Kinuha namin sya kasi magaling sya and okay aerial videos nya. Came 2016 nauso na aerial and he's style became too common. So in contrast with itsKat!, i want to change because his style is too conventional na.
And I have came across with another videographer na bago and kakaiba yung style.

It's really a hard decision but I don't want to come here after the wedding and listing it down as one of my regrets.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 05:17:53 pm by exquisitegem »

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2016, 06:52:38 pm »
^These are the same things that our "already married" friends keep reminding us. Don't focus too much on the details na hindi naman na mapapansin at maaalala ng mga guests mo after the wedding. In the process of doing our wedding preps, I have to give up some things:

1. Fireworks - I love fireworks but it's one of the things that I needed to cross out from our wedding program. I found out na may mga permits pa pala that you need to secure from the Barangay and of course you need to hire people to set the fireworks off and thus increasing its cost.

2. Souvenirs - I know for some, giving out souvenirs is a must but we've decided to do away with this. Instead, we've decided to convert our candy bar (which is free from our catering package) into a trail mix bar and then provide nalang a small white paper bag with stickers bearing our thank you note.

3. Printouts - Initially, I wanted to print ceremony and reception programs. Then I read here na madalas di nman na napapansin yun at iniiwanan na nga lang daw ng mga guests sa table. So I had to forego with the idea.

4. Mobile bar - This is really nice to have but we've decided not to book one. You have to remember  that any additional supplier would add to the number of crew meals that need to provide. So what we did is asked some of our Uncles to sponsor nalang cases of beer and ice for the after party hehe. And H2b asked his groomsmen to bring hard liquors at yun nalang ang gift nila samin. (But please find out if your reception venue charges corkage fee for liquors bought outside. In our case wala naman so ok lang.)

We're still planning our wedding and these are just a few things na ginawa namin to save on costs..  ;) 
 

Hi sis, we have the exact same list hehe. Maski nga Invitation ko, baka sa Principal Sponsors nalang and mga extra 3 pcs for photos and videos.  :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2016, 07:38:45 pm »
^same here sis...
souvenirs--- we skipped this and no one looked for them either and recent high budget, big weddings ive attended skipped this too

printables-- skipped this and luckily the venue said they would print a set menu card for each place setting. So I just emailed them our monogram which they included.

missalettes--only ordered the minimum no. from the supplier of 30 pcs. You don't need a lot. I never bother looking at the missalette when I attend weddings either

Fireworks-- one of my regrets hehe should have skipped this. Minimuim at my venue is 40k die to their markup (I couldn't book directly with Dragon) and their barangay permits are expensive.


Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2016, 08:11:31 pm »
^same here sis...
souvenirs--- we skipped this and no one looked for them either and recent high budget, big weddings ive attended skipped this too

printables-- skipped this and luckily the venue said they would print a set menu card for each place setting. So I just emailed them our monogram which they included.

missalettes--only ordered the minimum no. from the supplier of 30 pcs. You don't need a lot. I never bother looking at the missalette when I attend weddings either

Fireworks-- one of my regrets hehe should have skipped this. Minimuim at my venue is 40k die to their markup (I couldn't book directly with Dragon) and their barangay permits are expensive.

Sis Chili1113 patingin ng wedding mo if I may.  :)

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #165 on: September 29, 2016, 09:04:53 am »
^Yay good decision for me to scrimp on souvenirs. And I  might skip photobooth also. Dagdag ko nalang yung budget sa light snacks before the reception starts.

Babydoll-

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2016, 05:36:26 pm »
I guess nowadays pag may photobooth, that can also be the souvenirs na for the guests.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2016, 08:07:01 pm »
^
^Yay good decision for me to scrimp on souvenirs. And I  might skip photobooth also. Dagdag ko nalang yung budget sa light snacks before the reception starts.

Same tayo sis! I'm planning not to get photobooth na rin. For the souvenirs, baka hindi na rin. hehe

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2016, 09:16:53 pm »
^^ I'm going to do this, too. Photobooth photos as my souvenirs. 2 birds with 1 stone.  :)


girlush

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2016, 01:11:32 am »
subscribing😄
Salamat sa mga sis

yinandyang

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2016, 10:52:52 am »
wow, we wont do souvenirs sa wedding namin and when some co-brides hear this parang na weird-an sila. when i attend weddings hindi ko naman pinapansin whether food or item. we decided that the photobooth photos will be their souvenirs na lang.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2016, 07:07:12 pm »
I hope maging up to date 'tong thread na 'to. This is really helpful for us b2bs.  ;)

But if graduate Brides, doesn't have any regrets, I must say it's better.  :D

britzm

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2016, 09:30:30 pm »
during preparation actually ang dami kong gustong idagdag. medyo may pagka perfectionist ako. nung una sabi ko gusto ko etong specific na flower sa church, gusto ko ganito itsura ng lace, accesories, sapatos, etc etc... ayun rough canvass overbudget. ako mismo nang hihinayang.
inisip ko yung mga nadaluhan ko na kasal... inisip ko, did i remember her shoes? style ng reception o church? yung arrangement ng centerpiece? so ayun, pakonti na ng pakonti ang budget. happy naman ako kasi usually mga regrets ko about sa bisita na lang. pero aethetics nag skimp ako. basta enjoy sila that day

pretinnes

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2016, 09:42:34 pm »
kissing bells, printables- ang dami kong na print. Bouquet of my bridesmaid(pwede mo tipirin to). MAs importante ang bouquet ng bride siyempre.

excess hotel rooms. naparami ako ng book for some relatives.
providing vans for our guests. naparami din. ang mahal pa naman.

chelvin26

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2016, 03:58:46 am »
Napakahelpful nitong thread na to for B2b like me. I realized na don't splurge so much on small details. Balak ko pa naman magpa event stylist pa for ceiling decorations and backdrop. Pero after reading this hindi naman ito mapapansin ng guests or tatak sa isip nila..

Ito lang based don sa mga napuntahan kong weddings and kwento na din ng couple na nakausap ko.

1. Wag magtipid sa OTD Coordinator para stress free and wedding, nakapunta na ako sa wedding na super unorganized and magulo siya, hindi alam ang gagawin, MIA.
2. Hire a professional emcee, nakapunta na din ako sa wedding na unti unti ng nag aalisan ang tao dahil hindi nkakaagaw ng attention ang emce knowing na day wedding pa yun ha, ending mga 10 or 20 nalang natira don sa venue habang nagthank you ang mag asawa
3. Don't forget to provide the cocktails- pag nagutom ang tao, may masasabi at masasabi yan kahit anong ganda ng wedding mo, kesyo matagal, gutom sila,, kaya mabuti ng busog sila. hehe
4. Ayusin ang map sa wedding invites para hindi maligaw ang guest or ma-late sa wedding mo, isang buong van kasi kami,  4 kaming entourage don, nalate kami sa ceremony dahil paikot ikot ang van hindi makita ang church kasi malabo ang direction sa map.





sexydee

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2016, 07:50:16 am »
This is a nice thread. Isa sa regret ko is hindi kami kumuha ng coordinator. Hindi enough yung friends/relatives mo na lang. Hindi sila obligado at magulo. Also, kung outdoor ang venue, consider the place kung magiging mainit ba yung place kapag andun na yung maraming tao.

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2016, 01:01:46 pm »
So so Happy with our budget wedding. Every peso was very well spent for.

Overall we had a great simple wedding.
We scrimped on items we needed to let go but spent on those necessary.

Bridal car- I purposely didnt get this as we Dont find it practical paying 7k (OR up!) where My hotel is mere 1min away from the Preps and Reception.
Good thing most of our families has offered their chauffer driven white Cars-- I Just had to choose! Thats instant 7k savings! :)

My groom squad is very game and walked from hotel to church (Conrad Manila to Shrine of Jesus!) in the end, they get cool kickass wedding Photos As the videographer & photogs gamely walked with them with matching liquor shots on the sides hahaha!

Fireworks- I was almost tempted getting Fireworks but decided not anymore, the guests would start to leave As soon As it ended Plus it kinda started to drizzle on our way back to the hotel. So Good decision.

Now on items we spent:

Preps. I think we were the first to use Conrad's terrace suite. We got super lucky to be upgraded from our booked 2BR ambassador suite. It was expensive but Ive waited Conrad for years to capture the Sun, sea & City view in an elevated unobstructed view! So so Happy with our wedding Photos. The view is priceless!


madame_ekis

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2016, 09:03:25 pm »
Wow very good read for B's2b.  Reading this thread reminded me of my brothers wedding.
I think I understand how stressful the preparation is especially since my mom was very hands on in helping them with the wedding details.  Para makatipid they made their own invitations, missalette and souvenirs.  I remember helping with the souvenirs 5 days before the wedding.  Then for the other stuff like chord, wine glass, guest books etc my mom brought them online and shipped them. 

What I learned from my brothers wedding:

1.  Don't skimp on: 
      Food, Photos and Videos, and anything that will make the guest comfortable (aircon, welcome drinks and snacks etc).

2.  Discuss the lighting and effects with your Photographer and Videographer they know what would look good on photos and videos  --- I don't know, I just find the event lighting too pink and purple.

3.  Don't leave souvenirs on guest tables.   --- we had some guest (relatives) who horded souvenirs kahit hindi naman kanila so yung ibang guest complained that nawala yung souvenir nila sa table.  Kakahiya my mom had to re-order tuloy and have it sent to the other guest pa.

4.  Don't use tall flower arrangements on tables. --- ang hirap makita yung kausap mo pag may nakaharang sa table.

5.  Long veil + Red Carpet = Sabit.  -- montik na matanggal yung veil ng sister in law ko dahil na ddrag sa red carpet.  The hair stylist had to fix it while she was greeting the parents sa gitna ng aisle.

6.  Extravagantly big bouquet -- bigat na bigat sis sister in law parang 2 kg ata yung bouquet nya 

7.  Go for set menu than buffet if you can -- some guest takaw tingin lang getting too much of some dishes kaya naubos tuloy yung ibang dish ng maaga di nakakuha yung ibang guest.

It at the end of the day it was still a beautiful wedding kahit na may konting hiccups along the way.










ayouweinlove

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2016, 11:27:44 pm »

Ive waited Conrad for years to capture the Sun, sea & City view in an elevated unobstructed view! So so Happy with our wedding Photos. The view is priceless!


So nice! Congrats sis. As they say, A wedding day is cut into 3 parts Pre-wedding pictorial, eucharistic & Wedding rites, reception pictorials. kaya it's best din to choose a nice preparation area with a view.

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Regrets After wedding
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2016, 12:14:51 am »
ff this thread :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close